1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

Hyuuga Neji vs. Aburame Shino -postskip **spoilers**

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by chauronity, Nov 10, 2005.

My vote goes to...

1. Neji

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. Shino

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Double-KO (tie)

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. chauronity ビリーバット

Battle will take place after the timeskip, and both of them are fully aware of eachothers abilities, in the plain grass land.
    After the skip, Neji has the perfected vision of Byakugan, new jutsus like the blowing palm and supposingly the 128 or 256 strikes of Hakke, and wider Kaiten.
    Shino has new bugs, new abilities like supposingly an ability to morph with the bugs, ability to use destructive bugs and other tricks.

Who is stronger?

Tags:
  2. Jonas Banned

I chose Neji because... we haven't seen anything of Shino's new abilities.

3. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I'm going double KO for a few reasons.
    1. Though Neji fought, how much of it did we really see when you think about it?
    2. We know nothing of shino yet, though I don't think he's Jounin level yet.
    3. Shino is incredibally powerful yet underrated because he doesn't do anything when not fighting. He doesn't talk, he doesn't even move much. He's just there, which does add to his coolness factor, but leaves us knowing very little of his potential. He's very easy to underestimate for the very reason that people may not think of him much, and the fighting abilities he has aren't usually the most popular in people's minds since it has to do with insects.

With these reasons, I'm just gonna go double KO with this. But I will say that Shino's ability to suck away Chakara with his bugs is a really big disadvantage for Hyuuga, since Hyuuga's a big Chakara waster.

4. Anthriel 日本語の学生

Neji for sure. Aside from the fact that he is in general more powerful (Jounin vs. Chuunin), the matchup also seems to favor him. Shino's main advantage seems to be the sneakiness of his bugs. That won't work against Byakugan.
    And even though Neji cannot burn the bugs like Sasuke could, he is still capable of Kaiten, which would protect him from swarms of bugs.
    As far as I'm concerned, the only way for Shino to cause trouble for Neji would be to use his bugs defensively. And even then, Kaiten or that new Air Palm would probably be able to deal with it. Once in melee, Shino dies to Jyuuken easily.

5. Nice Gai Black Kamina

Oh but just an FYI will Neji's moves affect Shino. Remember Shino's bugs feed on his charka. Neji just has the upperhand but I cant count Shino out he will be able to use his bugs regardless of his charka. If Neji can get close to Shino then I believe it is Gameover. I believe Shino will be well aware of the Byakugan due to the fact that Hinata is on his team.

6. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Neji has fought bugs before, even a giant bug, and he won.

Neji is a bad match up for Shino, I'd say. He can see behind him, no bugs sneaking up. He can kaiten if things get hairy, and all the bugs will die. He can also see chakra, and those little bugs are full of chakra, a trail would lead straight to Shino.

The fact that only Neji is a Jounin, while Shino is a Chuunin doesn't hurt either.

7. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i'm going to have to say neji on this one, neji's bayakugen and taijutsu is perfect against shino.

8. Aburame_Takashi Aburame Elder

let's not forget that the post time change shino is very shady at this point. Neji on the other hand, has fought after the time change, and hasn't really shocked us with anything. i honestly can't say on this one... after all i wouldn't want to be bias toward shino...

however i will say this. Neji uses kaiten, assuming he is attempting to protect himself. Thats like a big ball of ice creamy goodness for Shino's bugs. They would cover him and devour his chakra. Neji would be helping shino with that move. if neji seals shinos chakra completely, that means bugs get hungry and dissatisfied. they will then move on to neji, and overwhelm him.

in respect for neji, however, we don't know what shino's bugs do besides eat chakra. (ie, do they sting, bite, poison, etc.) :shino

9. IBU Hopsecutioner

This is a bad much up for Neji but i still think he will win. This is a bad matchup for neji because neji likes close combat shino does not. Also shino does not use chakra and his bugs feed on chakra. So therefore neji would have to be creative with his attacks.

10. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

1. Neji is much faster then Shino.
    2. Kaiten should be able to reflect the bugs. Actually I'm almost certain it can
    3. Neji can end the fight in one fail swoop, with his vicious 64 hakke. Or possibly 2-3 hits. Heck maybe 1.
    4. Byakugan prevents any kind of bug attacks being a surprise.

---
    I don't think Shino is on Neji level number 1. And, number two This is a horrible match up for Shino. Neji is at worst, as good a strategist as him and more likely better- he is a jounnin after all and his style dictates he think a little bit, against ranged opponents. Also Neji style can completly see through and counter Shino's.

Shino' really doesn't have a chance here. Unless Shino is at minuim at mid jounin level now, he really has no chance at all.

11. JonnyCake Truthiness.

Shino is one of the underrated characters in Naruto. If you said against Kiba, or another Konoha Chunnin I would have gone with him. We know Neji worked hard over the time skip keeping him ahead of Shino. But Shino would sure give Neji a run for his money.

12. Pride Swerve

Neji's Byakugan and Kaiten are good counters for ninjas like Shino, who use sneak attacks and tools.

13. fr33dom Hagane

Shino is still a chuunin for a reason. I think Neji would own him. He's deadly up close, and he's shown us that he can also attack from a distance. Now add teh Kaiten, 360 degree vision, and most likely a shitload more bloodline techs, its game over for Shino.

14. K I S K E Amandatsuki

I say tie, or Shino. Yes Neji can use the kaiten...But that only last so long. Bugs are everywhere man, everyewhere.

15. Heavy Arms Active Member

Byakugan would detect all the bugs
    he would do the 128 Hakke and just squish all the lil bugs
    then do Kaiten when the bugs start coming too fast

that's when Neji pulls out his secret weapon...
    A can of bug spray...dun...dun...duunnnnn

16. K I S K E Amandatsuki

Heh... Yeah, you have a point, but bugs are everywhere man, and not just the ones in his body.