1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

I don't think itachi killed his family..

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by zeheero1982, Nov 15, 2004.

1. zeheero1982 Cyber Style's Player

I don't know but I been thinking about how itachi's actions seems fishy.....
    It never specificly show that itachi kill his family....I think there is more to this then it is stated in the comics and the tv show....

Tags:
  2. Kreen_Warrior New Member

Actually, the manga spends about 5 issues on the exact sequence of events surrounding Itachi's murder of his family and best friend.

3. zeheero1982 Cyber Style's Player

yeah but...he never actually showed him actually killing that family(maybe i didn't see all the manga)....I mean using a weapon to kill his family...all he did was that sharingan thing......to make you have like a bad dream....i don't think there is any proof he actually kill them....if it does show it please post which issue so i can take a look for myself...

4. Crucifixation Endless Sacrifice

I did show him standing over his parent's corpses, covered in blood.

5. Kreen_Warrior New Member

Okay, looking back, they do just show Sasuke comign back to find the tape around his house and stuff. However, I would imagine the only reason Kishimoto did that was because he had already shown us Itachi killing his family in the Mangekyou sequence.

6. zeheero1982 Cyber Style's Player

Crucifixation I did show him standing over his parent's corpses, covered in blood.
    Today 12:47 AM

it show him standing over his parent's corpses and cover with blood...but it never show he ACTUALLY killed his parents....i mean... you can't say he kill them because he was in the wrong places at the right time..plus....I think someone else murder his family instead of itachi.....remember....It never showed he Killed anyone...it just showed he was in the wrong places at the right time...

7. Kreen_Warrior New Member

Then why would Itachi lie to everyone?

8. xenex Mindless Student

Could it be that we didn't see Itachi kill his family because it was Sasuke's Flashback. Think about it. The only scenes you see are scenes with Sasuke in it. You don't see Itachi commiting the crime because Sasuke only comes in at the last moment.

9. Crucifixation Endless Sacrifice

In the manga, when Sasuke returned from training, he saw corpses littered all over the street.
    Sasuke:"Mum! Dad!" and he runs towards his home.
    A voice called out:"Sasuke, don't come closer..."
    A shaken Sasuke, ignoring the voice's advice. -door creaks open-
    Itachi, shrouded in shadows, standing over Mr. and Mrs. Uchiha.
    "MUM! DAD!"
    Itachi:-slowly turns towards Sasuke-
    Sasuke:"Nee-chan! What happened to mum and dad?!Why did this happen?! Who did that?!"
    -shurinken sliced through the air, landing a few inches away from Sasuke-
    Sasuke:-flinches as he was cut-
    Itachi:"What a foolish brother..."-opens his eyes-

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  10. zeheero1982 Cyber Style's Player

just because itachi threw a shurinken at sasuke doesnt mean he kill them...and when he said.....foolish little brother.....i think it was to make him think he kill them....besides...if i knew someone that i know who kill my family...i would train hard for revenge...thats just the same...

11. xenex Mindless Student

Why would he make Sasuke think he killed the clan in such a sinister manner?

12. Mute Ame SNBU ******

what is your point?

Who else would have killed them?

13. Kylara

The proof is that they are all dead.

You're actually not the first to make this speculation, and I have to admit, without us actually seeing the deed being done, there is room for a twist.

However, there are several problems with thinking it's someone other than Itachi who did it.

1. Who did it, if not Itachi?
    If Itachi isn't the one who did it, then someone else certainly did. We should have been given hints to who, at least, but there hasn't been any hint that it's anyone besides Itachi. A hint like, Sasuke thinking someone else was around, hearing other footsteps, someone else acting suspicious, etc. But no, nothing.

2. Itachi's change correlates to the massacre of the clan.
    In the manga, we see Itachi progress from a kind brother to someone who has a lot of pent up aggression and hate, when he kills the clan. You can argue about his emotional and mental standing, but the fact is that we see the change in Itachi, and correlates to the death of the clan. This is awfully coincidental if Itachi didn't do it.

3. Itachi acts like a killer.
    Not like a raving lunatic killer, or even an "I really enjoyed that" killer, but a cold-blooded, indifferent killer. He doesn't even seem to care. If he didn't kill the clan, wouldn't he at least be a bit pissed off at whoever did? Wouldn't he act fishy when it's brought up? I don't really think he acts weird at all; he acts like a killer, the kind who, if pushed too far, will lash out extremely violently. Which is what he did in the manga to those three Uchihas who accused him of Shisui's death, and which is what may have happened the night of the massacre.

4. Itachi killed Shisui.
    It's difficult to deny this one, isn't it? Shisui mysteriously dies, and he and Itachi are the only Uchihas unaccounted for at the time of his death. Itachi admits to Sasuke that he killed him. Itachi tells Sasuke that the Mangekyou Sharingan is acquired by killing your best friend, and we heard that Itachi and Shisui were close "like brothers." Itachi killed Shisui, and although that doesn't mean he killed the rest of the clan, it certainly doesn't look good for Itachi.

5. If someone else killed the clan, Itachi would have done something.
    If for nothing else then principal, if someone was killing clan members, Itachi would have done something. The person(s) would have eventually encountered Itachi, and Itachi would have fought them off. Or he could have stayed hidden, but they would have gone after Sasuke, and to stop that Itachi would probably have to kill them. Where are their bodies? Where was that fight? Not a sign of it anywhere...

Sure, there could be a plot twist. There's a bit of room for one. But we haven't been given enough hints for it to be anything else than Itachi doing the killing, and the Naruto storyline is pretty straight forward.

14. Mute Ame SNBU ******

I can just see it now, when Sasuke finally kills Itachi, all of his family pops out from various hiding places and is all "Were so proud of you, you've become so strong" and they all live happily ever after.

15. MetaCal Bounty Hunter

It didnt show him killing the family cause it was all through Sasuke's eyes. I still believe that Itachi did kill the clan

16. Kylara

That would be terrible. :( I would weep, and not just because Itachi died.

17. swymaboi New Member

give it up you guys....

nothing we say is gonna convince this dude that itachi killed his family

you can keep say it really nevered showed itachi killed everyone.....but from what is presented in the manga and comics...all fingers point to itachi that killed the uchiha clan

by going with the logic "because we didn't see it....it might not have happened" there would be a million other possiblilities in this manga....

i'm not going to try to concvince the author of this thread anything....i'm here to tell everyone to stop trying...cuz it's not gonna get thru to the author....

as for the possibility of itachi not killing his own family......i give it only 0.1% chance of it happening....

18. Kylara

We don't just post in threads like this to convince a single person. We have discussions like this to gain insight into situations, no matter how concrete they are to us before we go into them.

Since not all of us know everything, some of us go into these discussion to find what we don't know. I'm checking back here to see if anyone comes up with anymore evidence that Itachi didn't kill the clan, because I think it's interesting. Unlikely, but interesting.

Telling us to not discuss this stuff because we won't convince a single person defeats the entire purpose of going to a discussion forum at all. :p

19. bluewolf mostly lurking

actually I wonder about it too.

2 things bother me.

1) when itachi yells "dont come in" and then decides not to kill sasuke - why would he try to protect his brother and then not kill him? why if he is so cold and evil?

2) the position of the bodies of his mother and father - i dont know what it is but the position of the mother and father seems very deliberate. the mother laying on her back with the father folded across her...

I cant put my finger on it but something about it all tells me there is much more to the story than meets the eye. i am not going to go as far as to say itachi had nothing to do with it because there is overwhelming evidence suggesting that he did. but at the sime time i think we should all keep an eye out for the "suprise twist"

personaly I think that itachi has some how manipulated the situation for one reason or another. maybe knowing he could not defend his brother he told sasuke the lie in order to protect him and to force him to become strong in a world with no support.

20. stormrunner Wants a Custom Title

The problem with this theory of yours is that he has the images in his head. I doubt that someone can imagine killing their clan unles they actually did it

21. Kylara

in response to bluewolf

1. The "don't come in, Sasuke" always sort of threw me off. Also, their parents were probably already dead by the time Sasuke and Itachi got to that room. Consider it for a moment: the entire clan would have needed to be wiped out by Itachi before Sasuke showed up, otherwise someone would have raised an alarm. If their parents were alive just before Sasuke showed up, wouldn't he had heard screaming or shouting or something?

No, so they had to be dead by then. But at the same time, if Itachi didn't want Sasuke to see their dead parents ("don't come in, Sasuke"), why not just stop him before he got home? Like, in the street or something?

That one always stumps me.

And to answer your question, we get some insight as to why Itachi didn't kill Sasuke from Sasuke throughout the series. At one point, he says that Itachi didn't kill him because Itachi didn't want to feel guilty about killing off the entire clan. At another point, Sasuke thinks his brother also left him alive to be an Avenger, which is more fully supported by the flashbacks. But it's all from Sasuke's point of view, which is, of course, questionable.

2. A few things seem to have shifted about Sasuke's flashback as the manga went on and everything was tied together. For instance, in a few flashbacks of Itachi, Itachi doesn't look like himself. But the position of the bodies was always a constant. So it may be important, but no reference to anything comes to mind. It would be interesting if anyone can think of something it alludes to.

On the contrary, Itachi "imagined" stabbing Kakashi with katanas for 72 hours straight, and I seriously doubt he ever did that for real (because then Kakashi would be dead). So he could visualize killing off the clan, too.

22. bluewolf mostly lurking

in this case you cant take anything sasuke says as cannon. I mean. if the whole thing was altered by itachi in order to effect sasuke some how than every thought that sasuke has is effected by that. sasuke said that itachi left him alive so that he would not feel guilty and that sasuke was ment as an avenger because sasuke felt better believing that. not because it is a fact.

actually though i am not swayed either way. it could be that itachi did kill every one but he had an alternate reason for it than simply to test himself. he may have only used that as an excuse to not give the true reason.

donno. its very complicated I dont know what the truth is who killed who, how or why.. but i do believe that there is more to that incident than meets the eye.

23. Kylara

Okay, wacky theory time (aka ?Gather ?round, children, I?m going to tell you a very unlikely tale?). I don?t usually post these, but I?m sort of in the mood for it, so I?ll just throw it out here. Let?s start with the information we have.

Itachi had to have joined Akatsuki before killing the clan and leaving Konoha (since Akatsuki hadn?t met up for seven years, and the clan has only been dead for five or six years at the most). Orochimaru left at that time, apparently because Itachi was stronger.

If Itachi didn?t kill the clan (and that?s a BIG if), maybe Orochimaru did, or maybe Itachi killed the clan to stop Orochimaru from obtaining the Sharingan.

We know that Orochimaru wants an Uchiha body, and he probably went after Itachi before going after Sasuke. If Orochimaru killed the clan, maybe he did it to find the strongest of them, the way his most recent body was decided (?you all fight to the death? and the last one standing is it).

After that, if Itachi thought that Orochimaru might get ahold of his own body, Itachi might have wanted to prepare Sasuke to kill Orochimaru (who would be in Itachi?s form). Thus, we get the ?if you want to kill me? lines. Maybe Itachi didn?t think he was strong enough to defeat Orochimaru, so he anticipated his own take-over.

But, Itachi still has his own body, so he?s apparently stronger than Orochimaru, who was after him. If the massacre of the clan wasn?t the first time Orochimaru went after Itachi or any Uchiha, the first time may have been around the time Orochimaru left Akatsuki, and it may have been directly linked to his leaving.

And that?s my wacky theory for the day. It sounds like the synopsis for a bad fanfic, don't you think? Hehe, if someone writes it, I wanna see.

But in my heart, I still think Itachi did it, not Orochimaru, although maybe Orochimaru was a factor. And now that I think I've done enough damage, I'm going to sleep.

24. zeheero1982 Cyber Style's Player

blue wolf and a kyl your theories don't sound wacky at all......it might be true. We don't know the whole truth about the incident. By the time he learns the real truth, he probably have killed Itachi(I hope not....even more tragic..) K

25. zeheero1982 Cyber Style's Player

but what didn't make sense was why would he wear something that resembles ANBU....I mean if I was a murder who wanted to kill someone....then I would probably dress something else other then an ANBU uniform..besides...I think he probably did some investagtion about something...that let him back to the village.....and the whole think about the mankyo sharingan....we still don't know the full power of that move...they only show some of its power....we know it can alter things that a person can see......kyl is right about the think that itachi wants saksuke to get stronger.....

26. Raegan Ninja undergraduate

hey tat might actualli make sense. But jus imagine how Sasuke will feel after the 3 years skip when he finds out the guy he's learning from is actually the guy who caused the death of his family.

27. Luzzio Lalala.

erm, not sure where you guys are now, but i'll just post a thought.

I think Itachi DID kill his entire clan, but i dont think the reason was to just 'prove' himself. There must be some reason behind it,and i think Sasuke found out when he went underenath to the Uchiha alter or something.

28. Hadriel New Member

I think he killed the whole clan to test himself, he is always calm, like he knows his own strenght later, thats why I think he did it to test his strenght.. He had to know if he was the strongest of the uchiha.. (in the flashbacks it shows that sasuke sees someone standing on a roof, he looks like itachi)
    And when Itachi fights kakashi, he doesnt act like the guy who lies to achive his goals.. (like lie to Sasuke to make him strong). he acts to confident (if you know what i mean) to do somthing like that. I think he left Sasuke alive because he wants to be killed by one of the uchiha.. I think thats the only way he wants to die..

29. Shidoshi Cross Marian: Ninjai's Father

You guys aren't the first to think about this whole "Uchiha" thing...

POWER TO!!

Something I posted several weeks ago...

30. Luzzio Lalala.

WOW. Yeah..that's so true. Maybe Itachi has such pride that he only wants to be Killed by his own clan member, yet, wants to be better then all of them. Maybe that's why he wants Sasuke to kill him.

I still think he had a different motive for killing his entire clan.