1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

i have lost respect for the manga! (chap 233)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Zipnab, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zipnab Mushroom.

i have lost respect for the manga! (NOT!) (chap 233)

NOT!.

well, it seems the good people of the forum gave a few good reasons, and a few not so good reasons.

The best thing that was said was that: it doesn't really matter what was logical to happan, or who is really stronger, it was needed for the story, that sauske will win, so naruto will grow stronger, and sauske the same.
    it's for the story.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
    Tags:
  2. Complicated New Member

Hehe but perhaps the fact that this one episode of the manga can generate so much emotion in fans is the very explaination behind it and why it happened.

Also It raises heaps of different possibilites for the future now, and for alot of people its a very unexpected turn, and maybe the plots and all the different twists and turn is one of the reasons why we've all kept reading the manga.

3. Tautou Member

Do you think anyone cares that you've apparently lost respect for the manga? Maybe it isn't the manga that needs to explain something, but you need to open your eyes and realize that every thought you've had in the past about Naruto / Sasuke has probably been incorrect.

While you're sitting there crying, the hand full of people who figured Sasuke would win are laughing.

Besides, Naruto has "lost" like three times already in this fight. He had to use Kyubi's chakra after Sasuke got him with the Chidori the first time, had to be given another boost after Sasuke managed to just beat the crap out of him, and then this last time.

And yeah, damn, this chapter sure as hell sparked a lot of emotion from the fans.

4. obmik Banned

Why is everyone hating this chapter? it's been one of the best in my opinion

5. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

* Sai clears throat.

There are already a few threads discussing this very subject, by the way. Review them all carefully. And starting now, begin to re-examine Naruto's capabilities. He's not invincible, the gap between he and Sasuke was never as big as some of you would like to believe.

Because Sasuke, a character that draws an unusual amount of hate in this community, just beat their "undefeatable" Golden Boy. :/

6. Mendirez New Member

i dont hate this chapter but i wanted naruto to win :p

7. Majin Tenshinhan Shichi Bukai

I kinda liked it. Naruto can't always win (like in One Piece, Luffy beats the crap of each pirate). Somehow, I want this saga to continue so... OK for me.

8. Ingoman Prophet

You're nuts, I loved this chapter! Best of the entire arc.

9. Vegeta Cunt Sammy

I think that this was a great chapter, Naruto lost, it was coming, I expected it. There is no need to hate the manga, he can't win all the time. Sasuke has longer arms than Naruto, that is why he won.

10. Anko hi i upgraded your rams

I liked this chapter as well. I was expecting Naruto to win this fight... but now that he hasn't, all my expectations for what the series had in store for the near future have gone out the window. I can't wait to see what happens next.

11. Ingoman Prophet

The fact that Naruto won or lost is irrelevant really... It was a wonderful chapter regardless.

12. Final Ultima Branding Breach

Actually, you can somewhat tell in the page where the attacks both connect that Sasuke couldn't quite reach Naruto, and so he scraped his fingers down to make contact. Hence why it didn't really leave a mark. The reason Sasuke won was because of where he aimed, this made it a lot more awkward for Naruto to connect, as Sasuke's arm was forcing Naruto to aim high. Although, this served Naruto in the sense of the "laying a finger on my forehead" foreshadowing.

13. Majin Tenshinhan Shichi Bukai

yes, I wanted Sasuke to win so the saga could go on.

14. Dark Travis Konoha's White Stain

Everyone should just learn to love a story for what it is, not for what it should be

15. Zipnab Mushroom.

First, i must say: ok, i was over reacting, i still love the manga. but the result of the battle, the chidori looked like such a stupid jutsu comparde to the rasengan, all through the manga, i mean it was invented by the fourth, the way it works seems superior to the chaos and energy and chakra WASTE that you have in chidori, in the rasengan the chakra and energy dont go to waste, they are maximized all the time.
    plus naruto is using the ultimate chakra, kyubi chakra, it is stronger then the chakra of sauske.
    According to all of that: Rasengan should have won!!!!!!
    O_o?

16. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

* Sai concurs.

HMMM!...

The Rasengan is ranked A, while the Chidori is ranked S. This doesn't mean the Chidori is stronger, it just means that just because the Rasengan was devised by a former Hokage doesn't mean it has to be better in all respects.

The Rasengan also disperses lots of chakra spirals in it's formation, and requires a large, continueous amount of chakra to maintain the spinning chakra within that spherical barrier. Do you still think the Chidori uses or wastes more chakra than the Rasengan? Fact is, the techniques work differently, both in their creation and execution. We cannot say with absolute certainty that one is stronger or more chakra efficient than the other.

Naruto's using the Kyuubi's chakra, but it's not like he's using all the Kyuubi has to offer. Might not even be a fraction of it. Naruto's body still has it's limitations because of it's size. He's just drawing forth as much of the Kyuubi's chakra that his body will presently allow. When you take that into consideration, and the fact that Sasuke's Curse Seal forcefully draws forth all his potential chakra at once, does the outcome of Naruto and Sasuke's power-battle still seem crazy?

Just helpin' you to see things in a different light. I think a lot of people had a skewed perception of Naruto's power and his #1 technique because of the initial impressions given:

"Supaa biggy explosion! Powaa bigga dan Kakashi! WOWUU!"

But, y'know... S'not all there is to it. :/

17. Final Ultima Branding Breach

In all honesty, this chapter has given me more respect for the manga than ever, the symbolism and foreshadowing was amazing, and it was reassuring to see Kishimoto doing something besides piling on powerups in a true Shonen fashion again.

18. Ingoman Prophet

Absolutely! People need to look beyond their own petty favoritisms and see that this was a remarkably touching chapter.

19. Raikiri R.I.P. Kisame, keep pimpin

I thought Raikiri was ranked S, while Chiodori was ranked A? I swore I heard that somewhere.

20. Uzumaki Naruto Hokage

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!

Reasonable explination eh? How about this, Sasuke can conserve more chakara, has a great chance of predicting Naruto's move, and the fact that he can conserve chakara more easily because of his eyes, help doesnt it? Also Sasuke is much more better in taijutsu then Naruto is. As you can see, Naruto was really sloppy and just exploded in wasting chakara. As great as Naruto is, even a hero can fall!

Naruto is a hero who comes from the bottem working his way through the top. He must fail to learn and win to not fail and even then, this was a passionate fight where Sasuke was out to kill going all out, while Naruto had to contain himself to not kill Sasuke and just injure him enough so he can bring him back. Naruto had more pressure then Sasuke. In the end Naruto's sloppyness was not good enough to help him win. Training and passion and determination is the key. G2g to work i have more but i g2g. Well i hope that explains enough.

21. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

Same thing.

Kakashi's Chidori(or Raikiri, as it is labeled in the Character Data Book) is ranked S, while Sasuke's Chidori is ranked A.

The Rasengan is ranked A, but who knows if Naruto has the same kind of power behind it as Jiraiya or the 4th. :x Might not be the same...

22. Raikiri R.I.P. Kisame, keep pimpin

True, I don't think Naruto would quite have the same power or focus as Jiraiya and 4th. But then again, it's not like Sasuke's Chidori is fully mastered yet either, as evidenced by the difference in rank between his jutsu and Kakashi's.

23. Zipnab Mushroom.

NICE!.
    very nice, i didnt know chidori is defined in a more powerfull levle then rasengan.

And you did open my eyes to see that i was indeed just hating sauske, and wanting him to get beaten by naruto.

but why did i think like that? maby because through out the series naruto was showen to be MUCH more stronger then sauske?. was it because the seal sauska had didn't help him shit against gaara, and naruto without using kyubi chakra kicked gaaras ass!?
    and all the time naruto is shown with more potential then sauske, more strengh, and naruto seesm to be full of surprises and hidden strengh.
    from fights like gaara and kabuto orochimaru giant snaks or learning the rasengan in record time, kishimoto has showed that naruto is better then sauske!.

so now to see him lose, and with kyubi transformation level 2, and a perfect rasengan.

it's just hard to swallow this.

i think naruto just let sauske win.

24. Final Ultima Branding Breach

One would assume that Kuro Chidori and Kyuubi Rasengan are S rank jutsu.

Regardless, it wasn't Chidori that beat Rasengan, it was Sasuke that beat Naruto. Chidori shouldn't be considered stronger than Rasengan just because it retained it's piercing properties whereas Rasengan's method of attack (the spinning chakra) had diminished. It just so happens that Chidori can serve it's purpose when weakened (because as long as there's chakra around his hand, it can still pierce), but Rasengan can't (because he had lost the spin of his chakra).

25. USTjunkie New Member

Think back and remember who's chakra it was that Naruto used to summon Gamabunta with. ...Kyuubi's.

26. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

I think he's talking about when he used Tajyuu Kage Bushin no Jutsu.

[EDIT] - Good point, Final Ultima.

27. Spectrum Active Member

::nods::

::nods again::

Why is everyone so hung up on who beat who, anyway? This chapter was so much more than that, guys. I think it's the best Kishimoto's ever done.

28. Majin Tenshinhan Shichi Bukai

There's so many that didnt like this chapter that its hard to find any good critics. I loved it. Perhaps the most sad moment since Sasuke "died" in the Zabuza arc.

29. Final Ultima Branding Breach

Yeah, you know I make sense. XD

30. Elstar New Member

It's fans like you that give other Naruto fans a bad name. It's a story. Get over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.