1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

I have sort of been disappointed with this arc

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Superman, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Superman

Flag:
    United States

It is now at least 4 of 5 matches now that class B is the inferior of the 2 classes. Take these 2 fights. 1 person(Bakudou and Deku) can solo the other team. Class B always needed some strategy and never had a heavy of their own except for 2 fights (Shishida and TetsuTetsu). But even then they could not solo the other team.

And take their 2 recommended students. They are disappointments from their quirks to their actual use. You would have thought that they would be bigger deals, but they were both overwhelmed and ended up a whomp in 0-1-1.

I wish Class B was both a little more fleshed out and had more interesting quirks. I can name about 5 maybe 7 quirks from class B that would rank above the bottom of class A's. TetsuTetsu, Shiozaki, Pony, Shishida, Manga, Komori and Jozu.

Bonus complaint....Bakudou should be the fucking main character. Dear God whenever I now get these Deku focused chapters I get a little less excited. It just seems more and more that this Manga should have never centered around him. His story is somehow not interesting despite all of the elements involved in it. I feel like all of that has to carry him.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Solos everyones favorite chuuni bird:

And talking about disappointing recommended class B performances when Momo and Todo choked? :maybe
    Lizard girl's quirk was laughable tho

3. MrCinos

The lack of prominent physical fighters that can bout with main 3, if not 5 (+Tokoyami and Iida) is really what I don't like about B-class. You can probably say that Beast/Tetsux4/Kendo can give some fight to Tokoyami and Iida, but even then I'm not seeing them as winners 9 if not 10 times out of 10.

As for Komori, unless she's immediately blitzed (enemies has knowledge about her KO ability, she has no protection by teammates, etc.) she pretty much solos 1-A class, though some distraction help from teammates would be needed I guess.

4. KOBA235

Well it was the thing, since sport festival, class B sure did improved a lot, but not enough to take on Bakugou's or Deku's crazy drive. It's also true for class A, like no one has motivation that can compare to those two.
    Well let's just say he should appear in the main story more often and have more interactions with Deku.

5. blackguyinpinksuit

Class 1-B is equal if not more powerful than class 1-A outside the big three. How could the OP name pony weak ass(had to fly away and cower from shoji) and not name kendo's quirk who can casually crumple fucking tungsten like it's paper? That translates to her killing anyone in class 1-A with a clean hit. How could the OP not name neito's quirk when he can copy shishida, tetsutetsu, and nirengeki's quirks and clean house on any class 1-A formation not including deku, shoto, and bakugo all at once?

Awase is also a sleeper mid-high tier who didn't get a fair shake due to hori's wank frenzy with bakugo in that recent match.

6. Jujubatman12

7. Tenma

I'd say Ibara qualifies as a 'heavy', she dispatched of Kirishima and Kaminari with ease and was only taken out by Shinsou's hax

1B is weaker at the top but has stronger middle and bottom feeders.

8. BreadBoy

I'm... confused by this. The only reason 1A won the first round was due to shinso, they were getting ragdolled by Shishida and Ibara alone. Then they took the second round, tied up in the 3rd round against arguably the strongest team, and lost the 4th round against one of Class 1A's strongest members leading a team. Right now they have an advantage against Deku's team, so how are they looking weak?

9. Milliardo

Unfortunately little Baku had to face the easiest team B. They have proven themselves otherwise though.

10. copyablerelic1

This just isn't true. Outside of Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki Class A and B are equals. Other than Match 4 Class B has had an impressive performance every other match and they have shown better teamwork and strategy throughout this arc than Class A has. As for powerhouses Class B has Shishida, Ibara, Tetsutestu and Juzo who are all Iida/Tokoyami tier without a doubt. They just don't have anyone on Deku/Baku/Todo level which isn't surprising considering those three are unusually strong for first years.

11. KOBA235

Not really, Bakugou's team would win against any team class B has in this exercise.

12. Superman

Flag:
    United States

Had todoroki just came out with his fire instead of holding it back he could have near wiped out the other team and with the help of who he had they would have won their match.

Then you have Ida, and Kirishima's drives who are no jokes either.

I admit I missed Kendo, but you are wrong calling 1A and 1B equal. Class 1A have more main hero, while Class 1B has more side kick/support type Heroes. And you underestimate Pony. She is a weaker version of Hwwks, but when she learns to summon more Horns she can be stronger than him.

Ibara's last name is Shiozaki.

A Majority of Class 1B's quirks seem to not work on their own. The The bottom half of 1A could be mid tiers of 1B.

The 2nd match seems to be the only one 1B was actually the Superior team.The 1st match was about even, the 3rd match had Todoroki not held back he could have dominated like Bakudou. And the 5th match 1B was shaking in their boots from Deku alone. 3 matches in which one person could wipe out the other team and all from class 1A.

Class 1A(not counting Bakudou/Deku/Todoroki)
    Ida
    Tokoyami
    Kirishima
    Kaminari
    Momo
    Jiro
    Sato
    Tsuyu

Class 1B
    Tetsutetsu
    Jozu
    Ibara
    Jirudo
    Kendo
    Pony
    Manga
    Knioko

And I am down playing some people in 1A. Rin, Sen, Shiha, Kamakiri all of Class 1B under performed and should have been better.

13. rborges01

Kamakiri didn't underperformed he was against Bakugo. Tell me how many Class-1A students can handle Bakugo not counting Deku and Todo. And you're completely underestimating Deku since he could easily solo most of Class - 1A. That's your problem you are comparing class -1B with the top three of Class-1A. Other than them Class 1-A isn't that special. The first match was only won thanks to Shinsou without him Ibara and Shishida would have dominated.

14. Milliardo

How does this discredit what I said? They were the easiest brah.

15. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Both teams were strategizing in this match :drake

16. Raze Fan

17. Jujubatman12

The first match wasn't even, They won because of Shinso. Beast man literally ragdolled Kirashima and no sold lightning attacks.

The 2nd match was class B definitely.
    3rd match 1A was superior, but Mudman was no joke either.

4th match goes to 1a

18. Superman

Flag:
    United States

How am I underestimating Deku? I said Deku was one of the 3 that could solo his match. And I am not just comparing all of 1B to those 3. I am comparing them to all of1A. When people say they have improved, I ask from what exactly? This is their first true actual showing to us. Only Ibara and Tetsutetsu had a showing before this. And you are wrong if you do not think the others do not have interesting quirks in 1A.

Yeah, but 1 is strategizing against 1 person while the other is strategizing against the whole other team.

Shut up.

He did not ragdoll Kirishima. All he did was grab him and threw him because he knew he actually could not beat on him because of Kirishima's hardening. And he tossed him toward's Ibari's location. And you give Shinso to much credit, it was Tsyu's plan to that got him close to control Ibari.

2nd match could have gone either way.....until it was revealed what Kinoko's quirk was.

Match 3, Mudman was no joke, but was inferior to Todoroki, Ida, and Shoji

19. rborges01

So you really think that that Class 1-A would have won if they didn’t have Shinsou? And you’re giving Shoji too much credit saying that Juzo is inferior to him.

20. Mythoclast

Catdank Faction:
    A few characters could've been utilised better but it was an good arc overall.

21. SoulFire! Moderator

I've enjoyed the entire arc for various reasons. It's been interesting just to see the majority of Class B's quirks in action as well as seeing how both classes work together in teams. However, now we're getting to the real meat of this arc and I can't wait to see what happens next!

22. lol 4th dimension reiatsu

I'm kinda disappointed that the status quo hasn't really changed since All Might vs AfO

I would be more exited about this if we weren't at the 200 chapter mark already.

23. Punished Kiba

I disagree. Before this arc, people thought that Class 1-A would be leagues ahead of Class 1-B in strength, but here Hori has been highlighting some of their abilities to show that they are not far behind from class 1-B. Some of the quirks are really weird or bland, but at least we got to see what they can do.

Also, Class 1-B does have other heavies such as Ibara as well (obviously, they won't be as powerful as the main 3)

Lord knows Class 1-B will probably not get this same amount of coverage until the final stages of the manga or something. Rotating around 40 character abilities is tricky enough but Hori is doing it. Though I was disappointed with the 2nd Match with Momo's team as I don't think they got good enough showcase.

I'm neutral to the idea of having Bakugou the MC instead of Deku because, it'd be likely that Hori would have to make Bakugou "nicer" to be more relatable to the shonen protagonist meld.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  24. KOBA235

The easiest would be Monoma's team, Jirou would easily find them, and they didn't have any dedicated melee fighters, so Bakugou would have free rein as well.

25. xenos5

How the heck do you have Iida above Tokoyami? Tokoyami is plenty fast himself with his flight mode except he doesn’t have any trouble controlling his movement at high speed, can switch to a more defense oriented mode (Black Ankh) in mid-air, and has much greater range (Dark Shadow’s extension).

Tbh I wouldn’t place Tokoyami in an entirely separate tier from the “big 3”. He’s a very balanced fighter when not faced with his direct weakness/counter. Same with Tetsutetsu who gave Todoroki such a ridiculously hard time that you have to give him credit.

26. blackguyinpinksuit

I don't know if you caught on but class 1A is chock full of support types. Tsuyu, denki, jiro, koda, ochako, momo, sero, tenya, shoji and hagakure have all been praised and shown using their skills for support and rescue rather than all out battle.

Class A are only ahead because of the freaks known as bakugo, deku and shoto. Hell Shoto was resisted to the point of a draw and neito might give deku all kinds of hell before going down...if he goes down. So the gap is looking even more narrow.
    Not really. It wouldn't matter anyway since a support can still be strong as hell. Hawks, nighteye, and best jeanist come to mind.
    Pony will never be on a level where she can provide top tier support to people like endeavor's caliber against monsters like high end. Willing to bet an arm and a leg that she won't even be in his league by the end of the manga and her being stronger than him will always remain some 30 yr old "what if" fanfic pony as a pro.

27. Baks

Please, this arc has always been good ever since the start.

You just have crap taste or dunno what you're talking about.

28. Tenma

Granted, I was hoping at least one of the 1B kids would turn out to have interned with a top 10 hero. Like Tetsutetsu with the samurai guy or Ibara with Kamui/Edgeshot. Doesn't need to be elaborated on, just mentioned offhandedly, to give more credibility to the idea that they are supposed to equal 1A.

29. SoulFire! Moderator

I think Bakugo works best where he is, as a cantankerous rival that goads the MC on.
    I dunno. Shinso is the factor that makes Monoma's team all the more difficult. Consider if they had faced Bakugo's crew. Baku is not the type to keep his mouth shut and that would be all Shinso would need.
    True heavy hitters appear to be the exception rather than the rule. For every top ten Hero there are dozens of sidekicks and helpers. And as you say, support Heroes can also be incredibly strong in their own right.

30. KOBA235

Well Bakugou didn't talk all that much after fight has begun, besides a good smack from a teammate would break the brainwash, same way Sato freed Bakugou from Awase's welding. Bakugou's team did show best cooperation. But of course fifth player would complicate things.