1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

I have sort of been disappointed with this arc

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Superman, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Raze Fan Well-Known Member

Imagine how much worse the ninja war would have been if it didn’t have stakes.

1A hasn’t really developed that much this arc, at least compared to the other school arcs.

These would be very high stakes

2. Baks Well-Known Member

Nature's war arc was absolute shit regardless of the stakes in it or not. That's how badly and poorly written it was imo.

You're again ignoring the fact that a lot of class have broken out new moves, identify their own weaknesses - aka Shoto, or learn how to cooperate better with others ie Bakugou. That's a lot of character development right there.

Also you kinda missing the point, that this arc is basically a setup arc. Like i said before, it's gonna pay out stuff in future arcs eventually.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Plus Ultra Plus Ultra x 1
    • List
  3. Ye Xiu Best Member

• Deku Deku x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jujubatman12 Well-Known Member

Never said it was all Shinso. I said Shinso is the reason they won. They even point that out in the story. They needed him. Beast man was destroying your class A like noting. Better be glad they had Shinso :bang

5. OS The Entity

you're trying to go around the point that having stakes doesn't make or break an arc while at the same time reinforcing my point that the arc was bad despite having them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Raze Fan Well-Known Member

Not really, I never said having stakes automatically makes it good. I am saying having stakes does make it better then not having stakes, provided we should take it seriously.

You know how you said I don’t know what I’m talking about? You actually don’t. This makes no sense at all. Of course the war would be worse without stakes. Think about all the things you thought were good about the war, odds are like most people those were extremely high stakes moments with serious emotional turmoil and life or death situations. If the war arc didn’t have stakes it would be unimaginably worse then it is now.

That’s another thing, the development in this arc is kind of minor and oddly repetitive. We already saw Bakugo learn to work with others when he had to work with Deku. We already saw Momo gain confidence to try something during the final exam, we already saw Shoto realize he should learn from his dad even if he dislikes him.

7. Baks Well-Known Member

You're the one who keeps on failing to miss my point, high stakes don't necessarily make a good or exiting story.

Case in point, Naruto's entire war arc which was trash from to start to finish regardless of the high stakes in it.

Dude, Naruto's last arc was abysmal.

Most of the villains except for Madara where garbage like Obito's dumbass and cringeworthy motives for igniting this entire damned war, the lameass Gin/Kin bros and Kaguya feeling likNecron from FF IX - a cheap pop up pointless villainess.

Also Kishi failure for not using and developing the damned rookies more in the war instead of focus on Naruto spam out his same old boring moves repetitively and Sasuke's emoness to win most of the fights.

One sided wars do not make for interesting and entertaining reading tbh given how the fights where mostly won by the good guys. Plus barring fodder and LOL Neji, the lack of any deaths on the good guy side lead to the whole damned war lacking any sense of real danger, suspense and tension tbh.

Most of the villains except for Madara where garbage like Obito's dumbass and cringeworthy motives for igniting this entire damned war, the lameass Gin/Kin bros and Kaguya feeling like Necron from FF IX - a cheap pop up pointless villainess.

The plot itself was laughable as was too the character development in this last arc. Like Obito's inabilty to get over his teenage crush over Rin as his reasoning for starting the war, the flipfloping of villains during the last 20 chapters or so, Kabuto's shitty backstory, etc.

Nature's last arc was definitely not well written at all imo, it felt more like bad fanfiction tbh.

Enough said about that anyways, your opinion is garbage if you don't think that class 1A has had meaningful development this arc. You're sadly mistaken about that, since all the character growth that they have gotten from this arc will almost certainly pay off in future arcs. That much I am very confident about.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  8. Tenma The Inferno

Can't say this arc has been entirely consequential but its shown efdecfively where every member of the class stands in terms of growth (character and combat wise) and the strategies and quirk interactions have been highly enjoyable, with 1B competent and determined antagonists.

9. Baks Well-Known Member

Agreed, this kinda my whole point, this arc has been enjoyable even if there haven't been high stakes involved in it.

Whether it be short, medium or long term - hopefully we should see all this character growth have repercussions further on in the story.

10. Raze Fan Well-Known Member

You bringing up a bad arc with high stakes is still completely irrelevant to what I’m saying... never did I say stakes automatically make something good.

I’m not sure why you’re ranting about the war arc, I never said it was good.

What you can’t argue with is that had the war arc not had stakes, it’d be far worse.

That’s why this arc is boring, so much of it is battles we should take seriously but with 0 stakes and only surface level conflict. If you can’t see the problem with that then you can’t see why so many people are bored by this arc, and frankly don’t know anything about writing.

What was seriously foreshadowed in 1A for the future? Like I said Bakugo, Todoroki, and Momo’s development was minor and repetitive. The only important thing to happen in this arc is the one for all stuff.

11. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

No not really. It was a typical shonen cliche fest and too stupid and cheesy to create any tension.

12. Raze Fan Well-Known Member

Well in a sense it reduced its stakes by doing things like bringing people back to life and making most of the enemies weird zombies and fodder.

But it did have stakes, who lives/who dies, end of the world, emotional motivations, etc.

13. Wrecked Baloney Kirbynetta

It's more that class B are disappointing.

14. OS The Entity

They would be winning if not for shinsou in round 1 lol. Beast man almost solo'd

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Jujubatman12 Well-Known Member

16. ~VK~ The King

man i'm seeing people question Beast. Beast was fucking destroying the first team. if we take out shinsou than Class A clearly had the inferior team in the first team.

17. luffy no haki 1st seat

Pretty much, the fucker took down almost half of the team in the first attack. Not sure why anyone would think class B Is unimpressive when the first three teams were totally dominating at some point of their matches and class A had to struggle a lot.

If anything they may seem affected by Hori making them humbler than he should.

18. Ignition

If anything it was class A except Bakubro.

19. Wrecked Baloney Kirbynetta

I'm already having trouble caring about half of A....

Arc isn't doing many of them favors.
    Meh, don't care about Baku.

20. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Never forget when Beast YEET'ed Kirishima into the sun. :skully

21. ~VK~ The King

22. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Beast should join Bakugou's squad. :mayuri

Imagine him crashing through a wall to attack some villains with Bakugou riding on top of his shoulders, screaming while shooting AP shots all over the place. :gokuskully

23. ~VK~ The King

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  24. Tayimus Number One

25. Yak banned

He's like a useful Iida

26. Pliskin Well-Known Member

27. Admiral Hakuryō White Hunter

Did I just read about Naruto's war arc having stakes, at all? That's pretty funny.

Also, saying Class B have been disappointing is an utter joke. They've been the MVPs more often than not.

28. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Shishida, mudman, ibara, and konoki have gained more popularity than some class A characters that have been in the manga getting exposition for years. That's a fucking shame.

Not to mention well know class b characters like kendo, neito, and tetsutetsu. Then you got the others who didn't make a huge impact but people still find them better than all of class 1 a lesser members like manga, awase, and kuroiro. Class b being disappointing is just more of that extreme, meaningless judging that forum goers constantly spew out. Don't even think about what they're posting half the time.

Objectively speaking the disappointing fodder label should only go to setsuna and especially togaru who people had high hopes of for a long, long time.

29. Kellogem Well-Known Member

The general idea I got from Class B is they are not supposed to be weak - some of them are extremely useful - but wouldnt put up an entertaining fight. I cant say Id like to see most of them fight again, lots of circumstancial, support, hax and teamwork related abilities, lot of floaty body part shit, it was fine for once in these team battles, but most of their abilities are not cinematic and wouldnt make good 1 on 1 fights. Like MVP or not, I got tired of Mudmans crap in 2 chapters for example.

Id like to see Ibara, Kendo, maybe Sen fighting more from class B, cause I can see them having cool moves. but I cant argue with some of Class B being much better than the shittiest of Class A.

But unless hori is planning to keep the B students around for more action, this is the way it should be.. its a lose-lose situation, if they are awesome, its a disappointment they are not in A and has more screentime and this would felt like a big tease, if they are bad, what was the point of the whole arc, showing off crappy students from class B?

30. Dragon D. Luffy Lord of Calamity

I don't think Class B has been completely disappointing, they ave shown they have a lot of powerful heroes, with either strong quirks, or some solid strategizing, or both. Most of them are not actually below most of Class A, not even A's strong guys like Iida and Tokoyami (I'm pretty sure there are a bunch who are a match to them), and they seem better at strategy overall.

But it does seem too much of a coincidence that Class A has 3 students with top tier quirks and B has none of those. B has to use strategy to even hope to beat them, and pray A doesn't develop a good counter-strategy. If I had to build a super-hero team from a single class, I'd certainly pick class A because they have 3 All Might-tier heavy hitters and B doesn't. Fortunately, after they graduate, both classes will have a lot to offer to the super-hero world, it's just that A seems weirdly lucky in terms of getting top tiers. Even the class from the other school has that wind guy who seems to be on Deku/Baku/Todo level, and B has nothing like that.