1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

I take back what I said about Itachi, hidan is the least impressive akatsuki so far

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by earthshine, Sep 28, 2006.

1. earthshine

A long time ago, I made a thread about how itachi has had the least impressive showing out of all akatsuki so far. I now recall that statement.

hidan is turining out to be nothnig short of completly LAME.

for one thing, immortality does NOT=invincibility, as we have seen in the latest chapter. dismemberment seems to be quite effective at stopping hidan, even if it does not kill him. also, the blood thnig? cool idea, but POINTLESS unless in a one-on-one fight. if your willing to sacrafice the bonded nin, this jutsu does nothnig at all to help hidan.

so far, members have had SOME way to protect themselves form ahrm, be it skill or some jutsu or another. since hidan is immortal, he seems to just igonore most attacks on him, even letting 3 chunin catch and impale him. dude just ain't careful(because he thinls he does not have to be)

seriously, he had BETTER show somethnig else, or I am going to be dissapointed in kishimoto. I remember another immortal guy in a manga series, elder toguro. anyone remember what happened to him? thats right, his immortality allowed him to be put into various, humiliating conditions, since nothnig killed him.

I fear that hidan is going to become a joke. hypothetical post by someone latter on in the series:

LOL, look at him!! I can't belive they did that to him, thats just emmbarassing!!

Tags:
  2. Grrblt

Do you honestly believe that Hidan is anywhere near beaten? What team Asuma has done now is the equivalent of smashing Hiruko or using an antidote for the poison. Hidan has more to give.

3. MasamuneX7

I'll be disappointed if all Hidan can do is be invulnerable to physical damage, do that voodoo jutsu, and transform into grim reaper mode, which doesn't seem to serve any purpose outside of looking cool when he performs his voodoo.

It's unlikely that it's all he has, but I'd really like an explanation for what "reaper mode" actually does for him.

4. chauronity

Wow, youre WAY too early. You cant say anything yet.

But yes i am unimpressed as well ... if that is all he got.

( thought it's good that he dies -- i've grown a big hatred against him for some reason )

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  5. kombak

how do u guys think about Hidan Vs Kakashi?

Kakashi is alone....difficult

but kakashi is almost or as smart as shikamaru.....

6. Naruko Supporting Staff

Just Hidan vs Just Kakashi? I would say Kakashi wins. He's as smart as Shikamaru and he has jutsu out the arse. He could not only figure something out but also have the power and skills to back it up. At the *very* least I would be confident in him not-dying, vs Shikamaru alone with Hidan I couldn't say the same thing.

7. uncanny_sama

hidan has always failed in my eyes from the beginning

8. DragonSlayer

I think he has more to give but I'll repeat this:

Stop overestimating Akatsuki. Seriously. They have never seemed like some super villains no one can beat.

9. Spanish Hoffkage

The only thing I see not impressive in Hidan is that he's more a 1vs1 type.

10. Hagen

Im very dissapointed too. At this point Hidan seems totally owned, his jutsu is just a lame thing, people were worshiping him so much and now he's just a Talking head!

What the heck can he do now? If he's not like Buggy the clown or something then its game over for him, and that would be really pathetic. I hope Hidan show us something really amazing, otherway he'll become nothing more than a bad joke.

11. TicoTico

What is a super villain in Narutoverse, then? Kyuubi? When it comes to ninjas, Akatsuki are of the very highest tier - Hokage-level, so to speak. Not unbeatable yet enough to, for instance, take down a country by themselves.

And yes, I'm a bit worried as well about what Hidan's going to show in the future. This is the reason I didn't like the idea of Hidan having an ability like this, back when it was first suggested (314 was it?) - I couldn't see how the fight could be interesting for that long a time. Either way, he must have something else he can do. The fight has barely lasted a minute, for one thing. Also, like Masamune said, his appearance changing still hasn't been explained.

12. Futagokage

Well, it may be not very Impressive, but...

How many characters in Naruto can talk after being decapitated?

13. chauronity

Itachi, Orochimaru, Leader of the Akatsuki. And everything along the lines.

14. Aeld

Well i for one welcome our new villan 'Hidan the head'

:laugh :laugh :laugh

I couldnt stop laughing at the image, whats even better is Kakuzu's hurt expression. So cute!

anyway, i agree with Dragonslayer. How can anyone possibly take them seriously? The only non comical Akakakakatatatasooki member so far in my opinion was sasori. And now he's a head.

One's a fish
    One's blind
    One has no arms
    One is a PLANT!?!?!?!
    etc etc...

15. Spy_Smasher

Yes, I'm disappointed whenever a character is portrayed differently from the little story I've written in my head.

Why won't that talentless fuck Kishimoto write these characters the way I want them to be?

16. Delta Shell

Yeah, hopefully he'll do more in the future otherwise he's totally lame.

17. Mat?icha

he isnt my fav, but i expect more from hidan and i think this isnt end. he is gonna show us more of himself. hidan isnt defeated yet.

18. TicoTico

Yes, everything along those lines, like the other Akatsuki. They're not unbeatable (like Kyuubi was considered to be) but nonetheless pretty much as super as a ninja can be. I'm not denying that those three most likely are the strongest Akatsuki but I do think the gaps aren't that relevant, when discussing their "beatableness" for instance. Call it optimism :amuse

19. ansoncarter

if his body could keep fighting effectively without his head, he would have seemed pretty strong

20. KingofWac

His technique isn't very flashy, but saying he is impressive just isn't right. The guy got his HEAD cut off and he is still talking smack, there isn't too much you can do against someone like that. Lets not forget that Asuma is a relatively strong jounin, if Shikimaru wasn't there to bind Hidan and figure out his abilities Asuma would have been easily killed. Hidan is quite dangerous, just because he doesn't make big explosions or do anything particularly cool doesnt make him unimpressive.

21. CrazyMoronX

The "only" thing he can do, is not get hurt, and kill any ninja on the entire planet easily, just with a drop of their blood?

WEAK!!!

22. blues

Is Hidan the first Akatsuki member to beg for help like that? He seemed sad crying out like that.

23. mayumi

yes he can't even run away like itachi more like he doesn't need to. but i wonder what would happen to hidan's head they drop it in the ocean. would he turn blue?

24. Leanne

If that really was all he could do, he is almost defeated if I read this:

[DB]_Naruto_202_[7275E72B].avi

25. Woofie

Exactly. In a one-on-one fight, his opponent would have to be so superior to him that he wouldn't even get scratched. Asuma - one of Konoha's finest - was scratched fairly easily.

Even in 2-on-1 fights or whatever, if the partner was anyone other than Shikamaru his ability isn't really weakened at all. He can get the blood of one of them and kill them almost instantly by stabbing himself in the heart, and then it's just a 1-on-1 fight. *shrugs*

26. CrazyMoronX

Who says he has to restrict himself to 1 at a time? He could get the blood of several people, and control them all at the same time.

That's probably never going to be proven one way or the other, but an interesting thought.

27. Crowe

More to give thanks to Kakuzu, if Kakuzu wasn't there the fight would have most likely already ended.

28. Shishi-O

don't be mad dude. if it makes you feel better, hidan uses psychological distress and voodoo to subdue oppenents, you know like the ones that he wiped out previously!!! the extremely powerful ones!!!

it's not a bad win for shikamaru. even the most powerful person on the planet is useless if someone knows exactly how to screw them over. in a way his intellect is better than the sharingan.

hidan was not weak! not by a long shot, judge by the opponents he's defeated.

but notice that when he was being defeated, he didn't say "aah, he's just too strong!" he said damn it! he knows!" wich shikamaru did in fact figure it out.

the win was completely warranted. who in the past has been able to see through hidan's jutsu...thats' right absolutely no one.

so it isn't a battle of dbz like school of thought, it's more like sherlock holmes figuring out moriarti's scheme and foiling it.:)

29. Soljah

Well its hidan's own fault it basically illuded to what was going on and Shikamaru was smart enough to put it together. Hell everybody on the forum almost figured out wat hidan was doing he severly underestimated konoha. I think its funny how Kakzuku let him burn tho haha.

30. oneshot

yeah...agreed...kinda lame...but then again hidan was just matched up against his worst possible opponent. from what i know...there's only a few ppl who can take over other bodies and control them like shikamaru. otherwise...there aren't too many ways to get him out of the circle.