1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Voting for Graphic of the Week 50 -- Contest Central Banner is live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Voting for Photograph of the Week 54 -- Landscapes is also live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Entries for Graphic of the Week 51 -- Dragon Avatars are open! Click here to check it out!

Entries for Photograph of the Week 55 -- Freestyle are open! Click here to check it out!

-- Contest Central Staff
    Dismiss Notice

I think Denki

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Ashi, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Ashi cool beanz

Is one or two buffs away from being at least on par with Katsuki or Shoto

The guy's quirk can do some (BIG BIG BIG) damage, but at the cost of being so erratic that he can't use it to its fullest potential around alleys and even leaving him brain dead if he over uses it

If he can remedy these things he should be pretty powerful

Agree or Disagree? Discuss

Tags:
  2. luffy no haki World Enemy - The Gluttony

Well, everytime someone with knowledge on his quirk fights his teams, they try to put him down first due to his potential power output. Indeed if you analyze the teams of the current arc he was set as the powerhouse of the team with the same role in mind as Baku and Todoroki of blowing shit up if it came down to it.

These elemental esque powers are usually fairly strong in many verses due to their mimcry of nature. So yeah, I don´t know if at their level cuz it also depends on how well he uses it and not only drawbacks control but he would definitely go up various levels.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Soljah Super Ghost

Denki definitely isn't far off he just had to get more creative. We know he wants to create a lighting sword so he's gonna have to step up his manipulation abilities. I wonder is he gonna end up using his lighting as the top tier does in Naruto use it to amplify his speed and damage since all he can do atm is output it?? Or will he go the route of manipulating electronics and gadgets like he has been ?

4. Mythoclast Ω

Kinda doubt it.Maybe if Shoto and Bakugo stop trying to increase their firepower,then with a few buffs he'd probably catch up with them in terms of output.

But Shoto can dish out standard Endeavor level flames now.And Bakugo is constantly developing new techniques with his quirk.

5. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean he should and our dear author reads American Comics...fully unlocked Denki could be Magneto.

That is why I kind want him to be the Traitor and just reveal he was way more powerful then he pretended.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Ashi cool beanz

I think he needs to work on his versatility instead of just relying on big damage and AoE at the expense of being able to think properly

The sharpshooter gear he received is defs a step in the right direction

7. overlordpringerx Well-Known Member

There's no way he will ever get that creative. He's the least intelligent member of class 1-A

8. Ashi cool beanz

He’s at the very least aware of his weakness which is half the battle

9. ~VK~ The King

maybe if kaminari hangs out with bakugou long enough some of baku's GOATness will rub off on him and cancel out kaminari's inherit dumbass jobber nature

10. ~VK~ The King

no he couldn't. that ain't his quirk. Electrification=//=Electromagnetism. he ain't no static shock. and he's certainly never gonna be magneto.

11. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well no Electricity is Magnetism and Vice Versa @~VK~ Read a physics book scrub.

12. ~VK~ The King

that's not the point. obviously IRL electricity in general falls under the same phenomenon of electromagnetism. but that's not how the quirk works. his quirk is "electrification" and it will only ever specifically focus on discharging electricity. he's not static. his quirk fully developed will never involve magnetism because that's not part of his ability. his quirk is not "able to manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum". he could never be magneto.

super strength and super durability technically should go hand in hand by their very nature. but they don't in fiction. on more than a few occasions it's one or the other. that's just how fictional abilities work in general.

13. Tayimus Number One

14. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Your ruining the Holidays Bro...granted I cannot wait for that rematch. Hector v Karkash III

15. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Don't know if he was just trying to be cool saying it but a concentrated sword of electricity would make him able to put his full power to use in a non friendly fire way. The lightning shooter thing he has now is to weak despite it being useful.

16. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

17. Tayimus Number One

Ever since I first saw this picture, I've hoped that it would happen... But I'm actually starting to think that Horikoshi isn't gonna do anything with the Traitor Subplot... :gglife

18. Imagine

Absolutely not. He'll always be a gimmick.

19. Haruka Katana

your last hope is that he is revealed as a traitor. Otherwise he'll just be that side character.

20. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

At this point it can only be Mina or some other irrelevant character, Kaminari would have definitely been the best choice tho

Unless they pull a Reiner twist and he is just insane enough to believe he is on both sides at the same time.

21. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Tetsutetsu and juzo are side characters and they took established mains like shoto and iida to the last inning. I don't like the idea of basing power off relevance so heavily.

Denki's whole power arc is about the fact he can defeat anyone one on one but must learn how to use his head when around his friends. It don't even take a lot of relevancy to complete a development like that. Like how fumikage is a side character who barely gets screentime but has steadily flowing power growth showings.

22. Haruka Katana

Tokoyami always have had more screen time than denki.

But hey Hori can surprise me :kanyeshrug

23. Tayimus Number One

Exactly where did she mention power?

Other than here, obviously. :bookerskully

24. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

This thread is about reaching bakugo and shoto's level in power and ability so i assumed what she meant was that a side character cannot be powerful. She wasn't quoting anybody and she didn't make it clear she was talking about something else.
    Not in combat related things. Fumikage outshined him and plenty others during the forest raid but after that denki got him over in two arcs.

25. Utopia Realm A Happy Ending!

Nah, even barring reality warping powers and other shenanigans, Denki won't touch Raitei with anything he does in this manga. Reversing ionization to float/hover, manipulation and absorption of electricity, EM, plasma, light, microwave/gamma/beta/alpha radiation, etc.

Though if Denki learned the ability to absorb electricity on his own in combat, would be neat.

26. ~VK~ The King

no it isn't and no he can't.

27. luffy no haki World Enemy - The Gluttony

Dont forget even under his powers logic all of this constitutes a persons soul so he can soul fuck you too literally by punching you. Raitei was too much of a savage.:blessed

28. Mythoclast Ω

I don't think Denki will ever be in 1-A's top 6.

Bakugo,Deku and Shoto will always be in the top 3.Iida,Kirishima and Tokoyami have always trailed right behind them.I don't see that changing..

29. Ashi cool beanz

I'd put him at Kirishima and Tenya's level honestly

His quirk is definitely one of the more deadly ones when it comes to combat, it does lack in versatility

30. ~VK~ The King

he's done nothing to prove he's on their level. cause he's not.

especially iida with his recent upgrade.