1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

I think it's just a cliffhanger d00ds.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Jonas, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Jonas

That's my fucking theory. This situation is quite common, and it's called a cliffhanger. The fight started at the end of 322 and really really started at chapter 326. That's roughly 3 chapters of fighting. And add more to that, it's Hidan and Kakuzu we are talking about - two Akatsuki members. If there is something we've learned from Sasori is that they don't die THAT easily. And Kishimoto already had one Akatsuki member to -supposedly- commit suicide, so for you guys thinking that Hidan will kill himself by committing suicide (and even by his own dumb accident) is way off IMO.

Honestly, how shitty wouldn't that be? Introduce Hidan and have him committing suicide and even by accident. Now c'mon, maybe Hidan hasn't shown that much of smartness but he aint THAT dumb.

Which moves me on to Asuma - one of secondary main characters. He's been around for a LONG time. Even for him, to die already after 3 chapters would be... well I don't know how fucking stupid it sounds but that would be so retarded. More likely squads from the Nijyuu Shoutai will appear in the last moment or something IMO. Just SOMETHING that saves Asuma or let's Asuma live. It's gone THREE FUCKING CHAPTERS. You can kill Izumo and/or Kotetsu in less than 3 chapters, but Akatsuki members or secondary main characters? GTFO.

I say someone saves Asuma, Asuma strikes back with something until re-inforcement arrives or just something else. Either the fight is being interrupted or Hidan/Asuma ARE NOT going to die just yet.

Tags:
  2. atom

Teh Battle of teh Plot

3. Jonas

Oh c'mon! Even IF Hidan is going to kill himself by committing suicide via plot no jutsu, at least have him fight at LEAST 7-8 chapters :mad

3 chapters of fighting until important characters die = fail

Kishimoto wont do that.

4. Odlam

Hidan's not anymore likely to die than Asuma is really. Still way too much unknown about him and the way his immortality works, and still way too many unresolved issues with Asuma back in Konoha for him to kick the bucket before addressing any of them.

5. atom

Sasori killed himself Indirectly. Hidan will kill himself Directly.

Kishimoto WILL NOT kill off Asuma. At least not without him doing some uber ninjutsu. either

A. Hidan just killed himself.
    B. Hidan just hurted himself (FOR REALZ?!)
    C. Hidan did nothing and Asuma is still fine.

We dont know how Sasori turned into a puppet. how he killed Sandaime Kazekage.. you know why. Because Akatsuki has no plot value except for Itachi and AL. Hidan is dead.

6. I Я Reckless!

I would hate it if Hidan killed himself, but then again I think it would be lame if he somehow got away alive after what Hidan just did to him.He was stabbed thru the midsection with a scythe and then thru the chest with a pike

If Asuma survives Kishi better have a damn good explanation for it

7. Uchiha_Yuri

Well I don't know but would a possible theory be that.... RE-INFORCEMENTS WILL FINALLY ARRIVE IN THE LAST SECOND AFTER SUCH A LONG TIME SINCE IZUMO/KOTETSU HAS BEEN NAGGING ABOUT IT?

/end hyperventilation

Thank you. Man I love common sense.

A crazy fucking theory... ; Tsunade arrives. :nuts

9. Odlam

But we did get background on Sasori's history and why he began making human puppet's in the first place, as well as tidbits about his history in Suna and at least one living relative who fleshed out Sasori's inner working for us - even his death fleshed out his psychology.

Hidan won't just fall over dead without any explanation for anything about his character.

OMG YOU THINK IN THOSE 76 KONOHA NINS THAT ARE COMING FOR BACKUP, THERE MAY BE A FEW MEDICAL SHINOBI ON HAND? I MEAN THEY HEAL STUFF RIGHT? THINK THEY COULD YOU KNOW, HEAL SOMEBODY?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  10. atom

How would that "save" Asuma? Face it, there is only one explaination.. Hidan dies. Asuma lives. Asuma does a specticilar performance finishing off Kazuku.

11. I Я Reckless!

Well even if they do arrive, Asuma still got fatally stabbed thru his midsection and heart, a total of 4 MAJOR puncture wounds

12. atom

When did we learn why Sasori made puppets? Or how? Or why he killed Sandaime? Or how its immortal? Or how he is a puppet without any real brain..? The only flashback we got is Chiyo's remembering Sasori when he was a kid.

13. Jonas

Father please forgive him for he does not know what he says

14. Marsala

But it's already too late. Asuma got stabbed through the heart. Even Tsunade couldn't save Dan when his vitals were pierced. Chiyo's jutsu might do the trick, but she's a wee bit dead.

At best, reinforcements can save the other three, but Asuma should be dead.

15. bagelgod

How in gods name do you figger Hidan will die? More importantly, how is he going to kill himself? If his immortality got toggled off, he might've died from the wound that came from being stabbed by clam hammer and syrup boy in the beginning. Or he might've died by having his head SEWED BACK ON! Or the three scythes going through his midsection. Any of these three things would've killed him damn near instantly if he lost his immortality, especially all three. That's just silly. Even if he cursed himself, guess what, he just does double damage to himself. Thats all the curse does. It doesn't weaken anybody, it doesn't enfeeble anybody, it just transfers the damage. He'd just get stabbed twice. Whoop de doo. Still immortal.

Even if he dies, what next? Asuma gets to fight Kakuzu solo after he snaps the neck of Clam Syrup combo team. Shika will escape into the woods because he doesn't have any chakra left. Asuma will die, one way or another.

And how is Asuma going to kill Kakuzu anyway? He has a hole through his leg, and is burned on half of his body.

Plot no jutsu doesn't jive with me. Asuma is worth more to the story dead. Please explain what Asuma has done for the plot in oh...the last bajillion chapters? Shika revenge, kurenai sadness, Chouji having a reason to eat comfort food, him being sad, stopping smoking, reminiscing about his dead monk friend, freaking out earlier when the team advanced too quickly against Hidan, and stuff I'm probably forgetting.

16. Jonas

Should be dead, but as I see it this is just a cliffhanger.

17. atom

Head + Gone = Dead.

Thank you and goodbye sir.

18. Marsala

While it is a cliffhanger, that doesn't mean that Asuma will survive. If we saw only a splash of blood, like when Sasuke impaled Naruto with a Chidori, there would be room for something to make Hidan miss and save Asuma, but we saw the strike go right through Hidan's heart.

This is just like other final blow cliffhangers such as Chouji finishing Jiroubou or Neji finishing Kidoumaru. However, this time it's a bad guy finishing off a good guy.

19. Odlam

- Asuma is wrecked but somehow still alive
    - The Konoha reinforcements show up, Kakuzu and Hidan are forced to withdraw (72 of those fools, 4 of them beat Hidan, do the math. Kakuzu isn't stupid by a long shot, he's going to order a withdrawal)
    - Asuma is healed, but they can't do enough for him out in the field because his injuries are so numerous and so severe, so they have to get him back to Konoha as quickly as possible.
    - While the teams are out looking for Hidan and Kakuzu, the Akatsuki pair are also regrouping, and then being making thier way towards Konoha (they said they were heading thier next) which conveniently is only lightly guarded at the moment.

As far as how Asuma survives, who knows. But it's the same as it was with Gaara. The death is too unfulfilling, so survival is almost mandatory at this point.

Regardless of what people think of Asuma, he is a very long running character, much more so than say Chiyo, and he won't just die without signifigant accomplishment.

Also, Kishi is a sucker for trying to play up the emotional impact of a character's death. Hell, even Neji and Chouji survived when ALL the signs they were dying were present. Do people really think Asuma is dead when we've had 0 flashbacks, 0 super "ace in the hole" jutsus, 0 accomplishments - there's absolutely nothing pointing to him being dead from a story telling point of view, regardless of the physical injury itself, which (although it seems contrary) is actually weak evidence in this type of story.

It's the same way, despite you know, Gaara actually being dead, many people were able to predict his continued life in the series.

But it does warm my heart to know that Kishi is still able to sucker in so many people, means he must be better at this than I sometimes give him credit for. That or you guys are just really really desperate for somebody, anybody, to die. Maybe he should kill Ton Ton just to make people happy or something.

20. 7thHokage

There is no good reason for Asuma and Hidan to die. So far we still havent seen Hidan fight out of his little ceremony circle he has used that since he showed up to the story that ceremony has gone too long, so I guess its going to be about time to see what other ninjutusu that fool possess.

Asuma also hasnt done anything worthy of a Kohona jounin, that wind sword is cool and all but its not good enoguh to earn him any credit. Dont think Kishi will just kill one of the more popular characters in the manga without a good reason for it.

Aslo remember Asuma is a shogi player he isnt that bad at using his brain either, therefore when he told Hidan about using that stupid scythe for his jutsu, I bet he did something to cancel the effect of the stabbing we will just have to wait to see what happens.

21. Uchiha_Yuri

i think this will start up like a grudge match such as
    Gai and Kisame
    Kakashi and Itachi
    naruto and sasuke
    jiraya and oro
    asuma and hidan.

22. Marsala

You're right so far. Hidan must have something else to show, either another jutsu or more skills with what he has. He'll be surviving the battle and should at least meet Naruto before he dies / is permanently defeated.
    You're right again, Kishimoto wouldn't kill one of the more popular characters in the manga without a good reason for it. Which is why he's killing Asuma. Asuma isn't popular. He's nobody. Before this arc, he was an insignificant tertiary character. Shikamaru is popular. Kiba is popular. Shino and Kankurou are... accepted. Asuma is nobody.
    Or he just died. We already had the clever analysis portion of the battle, in which Asuma and Shikamaru succeeded in defeating Hidan. Too bad it didn't stick.

23. ChickenPotPie

Someone better die. That's all that matters. Only one significant guy died after 80 chapters of part 2.

I say better it be Asuma. Then Shikamaru can get some freaking character development (specifically, the development he missed with Chouji's possible death.)

24. 7thHokage

Naruto defeating Hidan wouldnt have more significance than Shikamaru does especially with the way things are going. Although they did request backup and we all can asume that this battle wont be over until the reinforcements arrive it might just be Naruto and super wind rasengan for the big finish.:amuse
    I wouldnt consider Asuma a nobody he has had alot of appearances in the manga and also he is the third son family name counts:amuse if Asuma dies expect Shikamaru to be the one to destroy Hidan.
    Thats the more reason for him not to die since he already have ideas how the jutsu works. A great shinobi like Asuma wont let the same move works twice on him.

25. Marsala

The reinforcements weren't due to arrive for twenty minutes. That's too late. Also, the reinforcements are a bunch of faceless nobodies who would probably do even worse than Team Asuma. Naruto is still training and is far from completing "that" jutsu.
    Asuma is a nobody. He's the sensei of some of the supporting characters. His background only became important so that we would care about him when he is killed off. Shikamaru may be the one to destroy Hidan in the end, but probably not because Shikamaru's abilities counter Hidan too easily; a fresh Shikamaru + any other single ninja could decapitate Hidan without too much trouble if Hidan tries to use the ceremony. Shikamaru may lose faith in his abilities and only provide information on the Akatsuki to Naruto.
    Then I guess Asuma isn't a great shinobi. :(

26. 7thHokage

I doubt that it would be some faceless team, my hypothesis is that it would be none other than than team 8.

Thats true but there is plot no jutsu maybe it will finally be Shikamaru's time to shine. Sakura had hers when she fought Sasori, if this goes ala Naruto I say Shikamaru will defeinitely take care of Hidan.

Haha dont underestimate a sarutobi in battle

27. Marsala

It can't be. Kurenai didn't go with the 20 teams, as she was sitting at home, possibly pregnant. Kiba, Shino and Hinata will not be appearing to fight Akatsuki by themselves if Ino and Chouji weren't allowed to go with their own sensei.
    Perhaps. However, we now know that there is a female Akatsuki. The odds are high that Shikamaru will wind up fighting and beating the blue-haired Akatsuki, so it would be implausible for Shikamaru to also defeat Hidan. Only the lead characters like Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke are likely to be directly involved in the killings of two Akatsuki, and that's taking Itachi into account.

28. atom

Why are we still discussing this? Hidan is dead.

29. Sys

I don't really think this fight started now. I think it just ended.

On one side, we have:
    Shikamaru : out of chakra.
    Asuma (if by miracle he survives) : very badly wounded and can not even stand on his legs. He can do pretty much nothing in this state.
    Izumo and Kotetsu : basically useless.

On the other side:
    Hidan : unaffected after his head was cut off due to the cleverness of shikamaru's plan.
    Kakuzu : completely fine, and pulling almost a 1000-years-of-pain-like owning to I & K, the only two members of the team who can still do something.

I don't really see what Team Asuma could do to continue this fight. And if 76 shinobi come in reinforcements, either Kakuzu and Hidan will own them all in one second (very unlikely), or they will just retreat because of the obvious disadvantage in the number and because of the money they have to get back.

But I really don't see them pulling out a full out fight just now... No main character is involved in this fight.

30. Sexta Espada

Asuma's dead either way. He held his ground against one Akatsuki per-timeskip, but he can't face two at once. And how will the Labor Duo fight against an Akatsuki, when they can't even move? And Shika's out of chakra. So him and his plans are out. Maybe the reinforcements will be able to save Shika, and maybe the Labor Duo, if Kakuzu is distracted.

But Hidan's done his damage. He won't die either, but Asuma will. And who's to say he won't fight with Naruto, Kakashi, and Yamato soon?