1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

[Complaint] I wish to express my dissatisfaction of the modding in the One Piece section

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by TheWiggian, Sep 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWiggian #AdmiralsIncorporated

Germany
    The OL is in a dire state right now. Activity is down the shitter, members get banned for petty reasons, discussions are killed before they even get off the ground and a lot of members have left never to return.

Soca's view on certain fandoms is way too biased which is not fair for people who enjoy debates and character discussion in One Piece. I understand that there a very toxic users that just like to ruin everything for selective fandoms but when at least a new user tries to discuss his favourite character's without flaming or breaking any rules, being civilised and debating respectful the staff should value these people as they are really rare these days and the activity (especially in the OL) is extremely low since the last 2 years.

Then again this new user @Sweetcorn been shut down and when he tried to make a complaint thread it was purged from existence.
    If the same methods of moderation continue to reign i feel like the place will become a ghost town in the upcoming future.

I hope the staff understands the seriousness of this message and responds accordingly.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16nxRzHcgY4kU8d6JbQOZ5W7BeaAmCM3TCZkxWZIwGKA/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Tags:
    • Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. Avalon

What the fuck? How can a mod actually deleted a complaint thread?

That's what the entire point of this section is for.

@Sweetcorn

Is this true? :ufdup

3. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

I have some things to say about this. Will chime in when I’m home in a bit.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. TheWiggian #AdmiralsIncorporated

Germany
    It got deleted in the 2 upcoming mins since it went online.

5. Juub Well-Known Member

I must have heard a dozen complaints about @Soca in the past month or so. I’m not even an OL regular but if there are that many complaints something should be done. It’s up to the staff to adapt to the community and Marcelle isn’t adapted to it. Especially not his section. Then again, we’re talking NF staff and the month of August has been nothing short of embarrassing for them. Another scratch on the staff’s record.

6. Avalon

Can whichever mod deleted it come in here and explain why?

7. Juub Well-Known Member

Why? Was there flaming or something blatantly against the rule?

8. Avalon

Did you at least receive a PM explaining why your thread was deleted? You've been here for less then 2 weeks so I hope whichever mod deleted your thread at least had enough common sense to explain what rule(s) your complaint thread broke.

If so, please post the PM so we can further troubleshoot why your thread was deleted.

9. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

Wait, he deleted a member’s complaint thread? That’s...wow

10. Snake Well-Known Member

Isn't the One Piece section basically dead? Or nearing there?

11. Avalon

Just because a section is dying doesn't mean we should tolerate staff injustice. :kannasip

12. Juub Well-Known Member

Nope. We should tolerate staff injustice regardless. At least that’s what I see.

13. Avalon

If whichever staff member who deleted a newbie's complaint thread doesn't have the courage to step in this thread and justify his/her's action, then they should just do us all a favour and step down as a mod.

If you can't defend your own actions and decisions, then you don't deserve to be in a position of authority.

This is of course assuming everything stated in this thread is actually true and I'm not being taking for a ride here. :hisoka

Hopefully Sweetcorn will clarify everything soon.

14. Avalon

So apparently this was the thread that was deleted, don't ask how I got this pic. :kannasip

So basically, if members make complaint threads about staff members in the complaint section...it will get deleted? Is that how I'm supposed to interpret this?

Interesting modding practises.

:thinkchuu

15. Nataly Goddess

There is a considerate amount of dissatisfaction going on in the section :raiden

16. Masterblack06 Man of Atom

Oh wow. Now thats some true nonsense right there

17. Avalon

You guys should change the name of this section from Questions and Complaints to just Questions.

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

Soca (or Marcelle B.) is a mod/poster I personally have for the most part been fine with. So, this certainly isn't coming from a biased place, but, enough is enough, his moderation has stifled, limited and dare I say ruined an entire section. Biased, inconsistent and unreliable -- just a @Trinity of words I'd use to describe his moderation. And that's me being fair and kind. I could go into a plethora of examples and anecdotes of the aforementioned, but, I prefer to be brief and impactful.

A few years ago, the Ohara Library was one of the most active sections on the entire forum, there was a lot of healthy discussions, creativity and thought-provoking debates going on. But strangely, all of this began to slow down, almost to stop not too long ago. A lot of the posters I regularly used to communicate with stopped posting. At the time I didn't think too much of it. People grow up, real life gets serious, bills need to get paid and well, people have less time for online shitposting. But, to my surprise, these posters hadn't stopped discussing One Piece online. They had merely migrated to other forums to discuss it. OroJackson, TMF, Arlong Park etc... they just weren't posting here anymore.

And that wasn't because One Piece had become more boring, or, because Oda takes breaks every once in a while, it was largely in part because one man was over-modding a section we all loved posting in, and silencing and limiting genuine opinions & contributions.

Whether it was through unjustified bans, or, perhaps, the closing of threads before they had even gotten off the ground, he pushed these members away. My activity there has also dropped significantly for these same reasons.

At what point do we be honest and say, a member of staff who can divide opinion THIS much and in so many different sections maybe isn't right for the position?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. Suigetsu

TBH I have seen people scared - not mentioning names - of creating threads because the resident mod there always locks it up asap. So good luck with being a newb to One piss in that section. Srsly get a friendly mod or something.

20. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

Well, i want to share his "great modding " from the OBD.
    So in this thread right here ; Mr Marcelle or Sokka or whatever his name is this days did the following:
    -Stepped on the toes of the OBD mods and took over without consulting with them
    -Ignored an user from another site that came there to start trouble (his own admission)
    -Deleted the comments of OBD regulars who responded in kind to the guy from another site.

Here , we cam see him condescending to one of our mods without a good reason.

Here, we can see him once again taking over despite the fact that he had practically 0 experience or time spent in the OBD and of course the fact that our mods were right there.

I would also like to add that he generaly ignores things like dishonest debating, stonewalling,lying and generaly fallacious debating tactics in favor of punishing people who use strong language, on a DEBATING forum.
    I don't know if it's incompetence or corruption or biass against certain sections but.. Mr. Marcelle has done a really bad job in the OBD and he's partly responsible for the huge tensions between the staff and the users of this site.
    As such, i would like for him to answer for his mistakes and get demoded . I believe it would be an important first step towards more peacefull times around here.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Avalon

We all know you're online, Soca.

Why don't you take a break from arguing about meaningless fictional characters for 30 seconds and simply come in this thread and state if you were the one who deleted a newbie's complaint thread. It's not that difficult.

You're a Super Moderator, do you job and answer the very simply yes or no question.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  22. Masterblack06 Man of Atom

He/She might not come if they got tagged and havent shown up already

23. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    What if I don't want too answer the question :catstalk

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  24. Avalon

:drake

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  25. Masterblack06 Man of Atom

Oh well. Imma just go put my foot in my mouth in this corner over here

But seriously what kinda answer is that

26. Juub Well-Known Member

Sir how do you feel about the myriads of complaints made in regards to your modding policies?

27. The Immortal WatchDog don't step in my yard

While I'm not a OP section reg and haven't really even touched the manga since the end of the Whitebeard War arc I'll do the opening poster a solid and bring up what I have seen first hand from @Soca up too and including banning someone for calling out Zoro as a bad character (I'm not even sure, why in gods name he wasn't barred from modding the OP section after that). I first came in contact with Marcelle several months ago when he handed me a 24 hour ban for making a step dad joke that the recipient of the Joke liked my post over (so, clearly dude wasn't offended). Also on the receiving end of his wrath was one, Nightmare Cinema a rather well liked and respected user of the OBD. Who, admittedly has a pretty volatile temper but none the less. Soca ignored that his last ban was a year prior and slapped him with a ban increase which resulted in both Nightmare Cinema and myself calling him out in the courts. Marcelle/Soca refused to listen and his conduct was generally dishonest and thin skinned and petty. He refused to have a civil conversation, was snappy and generally just a moody person, this went further where he lied and then dug in like a tick on his stance and while I backed off, Nightmare Cinema blew his top..

Now, while the language used against Marcelle might have been..uncalled for, NC's rancor and hostility were totally justified, between Marcelle/Soca and Id they basically rail roaded him into an unjust ban. This kicked off a several month feud, where Marcelle/Soca would raid the OBD and deliberately permit users who openly admitted to being sign up trolls show up in the OBD to flame and bait users and refused to do anything about them. He locked a thread where Strongarm was breaking the rules and being his usual passive aggressive/trollish self (more on Marcelle and Strong later..),

As user @Elric of Melniboné notes, (who outright admitted he was here to start a brawl between boards and to stalking Elric). When faced with honest challenges to these actions, his response was to reverse a perm section ban of a user by the name of Cain who is also a troll who has been a major problem in the forums side then later, when Strongarm raided the OBD Convo he flat out admitted that Marcelle had sent him into the thread to antagonize and bait OBD'ers so Marcelle could then come in and ban him. @Soca also, had a signature up where he joked about doping a three month old with Xanax and watched it have a seizure...Because this is the kind of conduct a moderator on a forum with a bunch of kids should be engaged in.

Since about July of this year, the OBD and Dragon Ball sections have been more or less in open war with the staff, the hostility and targeting on both sides reached a point where the rules of the forum were literally changed to justify the abusive conduct of the mods and to give themselves an easy out for targeting users. In response to this and perhaps in desperation..actions were taken..off site by another user that resulted in him being doxed and threatened in public by the sites manager (something that...I still can't wrap my mind around...that should be against the law and if it isn't its a failing of any democratic government that it is not so). this vicious...endless escalation that has hurt the forum, made bitter enemies out of friends, sowed the seeds of mistrust and resentment towards the staff and has factionalized and polarized a good chunk of the site.

Now, while all of the above is the culmination of years of bad decisions, nepotism and abuse by the mods and stubborn defiance by the OBD the people who brought it to near deaf con 1 levels were two mods.. One of them is already off the staff but Marcelle remains.

@Trinity You asked me in my court thread to work with you to highlight abusive moderators and threats and other things and I'm honoring my end of that bargain. All of this misery, all of this escalation, all of this insanity started with Marcelle and he is afflicting his...immature, thin skinned and frankly vicious personality on yet another section of the Forum. I'd ask you to review these grievances, they appear to be valid and it would be a good way of creating and keeping a last peace to show us you guys actually give a damn about us and will protect us from abusive mods.

That will be all I'll say on the matter, as this seems to be more a One Piece section issue but I believed this would help bring some perspective in. Because this isn't just...OP fanboys being mad that the section cop is doing his job, they aren't the only ones who have been on the receiving end of this abuse and what happened a few days ago likely never would have happened had it not been for @Soca

These complaints aren't horse shit, this guy is a bad mod, he mods in bad faith and can't handle any criticism, dudes a bully and a proven liar and if you take Strongarm at his word (which to be fair I don't) is in league with section trolls to provide him with a means to ban users he dislikes.

Something should be done.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  28. JoJo 「nani the fuck」

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  29. Juub Well-Known Member

@Soca So you want the power without the responsibility that comes with it?

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  30. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

Surprise, surprise. The thread is about to be derailed by trolls and mods.

Sorry, that isn't happening this time. Let's get to the bottom of answering these allegations instead shall we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.