1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

"I wont lose to Naruto-kun" What the hell was that all about? (142 + manga spoilers)

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Kimi Sama, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

Before anyone asks, I posted this here rather then in the TV section because I'm also gonna talk about manga stuff.

Right, as I'm sure anyone who reads the manga will recall, during the "all the gennins are training" montage, Hinata's only role was to... serve Neji and Hizashi tea.

But now in the anime we see her training with her team mates in the forest. This is a massive improvement in my opinion, as the fact all of her team mates were hard at work while she was serving tea had the result of futhering her image as a weak loser.
    Of course this will turn out to be a huge disapointment for any anime-only fans who think this will mean she will become strong - so far after the timeskip in the manga she has yet to even reappear. But its a nice thought, at least.

Anyway, the point of my thread is what was her little "I wont lose to Naturo-kun" lin all about?!
    In case you missed it, she thought it to herself just before starting her sparring session with Kiba and Shino in the forest.
    Since when has she been determined to "not lose to" (aka "beat") Naruto?

Was this just a random line inserted to mess about with the character, or do you think there will be some sort of anime-only sub plot about Hinata inserted later on?

Tags:
  2. itachidattebayo 鏡花水&#2637

She will work hard to catch up with Naruto and become as hard working as he is......

3. Akamaru Mask *NS125's pet Kitty*

i think in the manga she says: "I better work hard too, Naruto kun"

maybe they changed it for the anime or its a wrong translation?

4. Mizura Meh

Actually, even in the manga, she made the vow to become stronger, while we didn't exactly see her teammates train either. :\ So they're even. Given that Kurenai's flashback showed her to train longer than her teammates before, there'd have been no reason to think that after that promise, she didn't live up to it and continue training hard.

The anime in the meantime:
    - right now she's being completely ignored by the rest of her family. ;_; Oh well, I guess they'll show the scene where they get along better later. Sakura hasn't healed her fish yet either.
    - that first training scene was weird. Why was she acting so jittery when her teammates showed up? :\ It makes her look paranoid, or something.
    - why the hell would she have to train with a kunai? :scry She's a Gentle Fist user, why would she have to fight with a kunai? And is her deflecting a few kunais supposed to be impressive or something? Even pre-Tsunade Sakura could deflect a few kunais... (vs Ino)

As for that weird translation: I guess it's either a mistranslation, or the anime team goofing up? :blink

5. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

Ah yeah, I forgot about the fact she thought "I will work hard too, Naruto-kun" in the manga.
    Seems to me it must be some sort of translation error then, since its so similar to the original line. Either that or the anime team goofed the lines like you said, Mizura.They havent done that before as far as I can remember, though, so I dunno.

I think the point of her training with kunais was to show her deflecting the kunai thrown by thr guys from all angles, using her Byakugan.
    ...Which is still fairly lame because just seeing a few kunai and deflecting them is nothing compared to Neji's frenzy of blocking against Kidou's web spikes, so it's still very unimpressive.
    As for the jitteryness.. I dunno. Kinda a bad idea, I think, because now she STILL looks like a paranoid weakling.

It's true she wants to be hardworking like Naruto, yes... but while she clearly stated this in the manga, the anime has phrased it as though she wants to surpass him or something

6. Mizura Meh

You're kidding right? :blink (unless you're talking about spoken lines goof-ups only?)

But all the kunais landed in front. Which made it looks as though they didn't exactly come from all around. :\ One thing's for sure, after this scene: anime Tenten >> anime Hinata. Hinata was dead tired after just a few kunai blocks. We have confirmation now that in the anime at least, Hinata has no super dodging skills. :\

Agreed. :notrust
    Agreed x2. :notrust

Ah well. It could be worse. So far the anime team has made Sakura's big moment to be just standing there daring 3 stooges fused together to cut her head off (whoopedoo... why don't you try to ATTACK it INSTEAD!!! :cussing Even Sasame managed that!). Then again, we haven't seen any extra Hinata scenes yet, so the worst might still not be shown yet. Oh well.

7. FireEel is infected by ponies.

Well.......even Neji in the Chunnin Exam was using a kunai in close-range against Naruto. It doesn't mean that just because her main style of taijutsu is Jyuuken, she can't be using a kunai for close-range fighting instead.

8. Mizura Meh

It would have been much more interesting if she had managed to deflect those with her hands instead. :notrust

9. Heldensheld Chunnin

What's wrong with saying that?

10. shinda needs sleep.

I don't have much to say, except..
    :rofl Sorry, meh..but your anger just..it's funny. :glomp

Seriously though when she said that I was completely confused aswell.
    The kunai thing may not be impressive, but I think it's the anime teams pathetic attempt to foreshadow the manga. Showing her train more because they don't know what else to do with her. :nod: Though I do hope to see more of her in the fillers. Maybe we'll see why she was so jittery later on?..

11. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

Cuz she act like Naruto's a "rival" of hers or something, lol. Just serve your tea like a good girl Hinata :sweat

12. Mizura Meh

Thanks Feh. :p :glomp

:S So deflecting a few kunais foreshadows the manga? :scry

13. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

Because it makes no sense. The phrasing "I wont lose to Naruto-kun" makes it seem like shes saying "I wont let you beat me, Naruto"

Which of course is a load of arse and totally out of character for her.

Oh and I just meant about the anime team getting lines wrong before, not the subbers getting it wrong, Mizura.

14. Mizura Meh

Um, I Did understand you.

The thing is, the anime team has goofed up big time on several occasions.

Though I guess yes: they rarely goof up on dialogue.

15. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

Aaaaah right. Sorry, I misunderstood you then lol.
    Yeah they have goofed up on scenes a fair few times, but they havent totally altered dialogue like they have here.

Poor Hinata, her only important line for over a hundred episodes, and they went and got it wrong :smile-big

16. shinda needs sleep.

I mean how she says she's going to work harder, I think they were trying to demonstrate that to us, because they focus on her training more than Kiba and Shino. Atleast that's how I see it.. :sweatdrop
    Still, like you said, the kunai deflecting was dumb, because she's a gentlefist user. :oh

anime goof ups..WE SHOULD MAKE A LIST. :nod:

17. Mizura Meh

It would turn out too long. :scry

I guess we should just wait a few episodes for Spectrum to do her "And yet 10 More reasons why I hate the fillers" thread. "Orochimaru Everyone!" for example. Whoopedoo, was bringing Orochimaru into this really Really necessary? =___=

And yes, it was a weird line goof-up. I guess Hinata means that she won't be left behind as Naruto progresses on, but still...

About the training hard part: sure. But the way the rest seemed to focus on her seemed to scream "Well since you're the weakest, you'll need the most training, so we'll help bring you up to par" to me. X_x She started as the most nervous and ended as the most tired, it looked at though the others just looked at her from a better position. :\ (as in... They're not the ones who are having trouble...)

18. shinda needs sleep.

Heheh, well you can't really blame them. After coming up with villians like Aoi (:rofl) you can see why they wouldn't want to make their own again. Still, making Orochimaru responsible for EVER-LITTLE-THING is getting on my nerves.
    What next!?! Was Orochimaru the one behind Kaiza's death? The true owner of Gatou Corporation? =| (Thinking about that, they never really went back to visit the wave country, huh?)

The kunai thing..yeah, you're right it does seem that way, now that I think about it. They tend to do that with some of the girls (and only the girls) and that too is making me angry.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  19. Cholisose Uhh... (cough)

LOL, I was almost laughing when Hinata said "I won't lose to Naruto!" XD I'm just thinking that SakuraXNaruto fans are having a field day now. XD

Anyways, I'm sure Hinata just meant she wants to improve as much as Naruto has. Naruto worked really hard and look where he is now. Hinata's been working very hard - if she keeps at it, she can show the same progress.

And I don't find this addition that vital. The manga didn't show Kiba or Shino training either - but I'm sure they are, lol. And Hinata basically said she was going to redouble her efforts, and we already knew how hard of a worker she was before. There's no reason to think she's loafing, just because she served Neji and her pop some tea. I mean, you can't expect someone to train 24/7, and heck, I'd like a nice, cool drink too after some intense sparring. Hinata just likes to be nice and charitable once in a while, as weird as that is.

20. Mizura Meh

Actually, most NaruSaku fans don't seem to be that active right now. They seem to be rather bored right now because nothing new (relationships-wise) is happening, and most of us don't hold the anime to be canon evidence anyway (in fact it's best not to try to use it as such, else you get laughed at).

21. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

Did hinata use kaiten? :)

You see a bunch of deflected Kunia's around her

22. Takagou <font color="red"><b>FC Ambassador</b></font>

firstly, id like to comment on the hinata bashing. Just because she hasnt appeared, doesnt mean she isnt strong. Shino hasnt appeared yet, neither has kiba. Doesnt mean they are weak. Hell, not even sasuke has made his gran re-appearence, and who the hell says that mean he hasnt been training the past two and a half years and gotten freakishly strong? Hinata said she wanted to become stronger, just like half of the other characters, and im pretty damn sure that means she will actualy come back a lot stronger than when she left.

Im pretty sure it was a mis-translation, or somthing. She wants to become strong for naruto, maybe it was mis-interpreted as become stronger than.

23. Hef Night Work

Maybe it's that time of the month?

Meh, (lame) jokes aside, I didn't quite like how this episode turned out. It showed the scenes from the manga and they altered them? Sakura's fish didn't survive and Hinata wasn't serving tea. :crying
    Are they going to show those scenes again right after the god-know-how-much filler episodes?
    This episode made Sakura, Kurenai and Asuma look weak. :notrust

24. Mizura Meh

Are you a girl or a boy? :blink That time of the month makes girls cranky, not paranoid... in fact it's more likely to make people around them paranoid. >_> Yes I'm a girl...

Yes, I'm pretty sure we'll get the "correct" scenes later on, just when Naruto is about to leave. Sakura will heal her fish, and Hinata will serve her tea (at least then the rest of her family won't be ignoring her). In the meantime though... meh.

Imo it also made Hinata look really weak, it made Neji look really tall :blink, made Lee look as though he were on steroids (his training looked really random too), made Tenten look... weird, Temari looked a bit weird when she last smiled back at Shikamaru, and was Chouji jumping around supposed to be their idea of training? I thought he could already jump from tree to tree...

We'll get the correct scenes eventually I guess. In the meantime though... *points for example at the Rice country filler. What it managed to do to Sakura before she finally asked Tsunade to take her as her student. :scry*

25. Red Viking Northern Skald

Heh, maybe Hinata will announce that she is now Naruto's rival when they meet in Part 2.

How's that for a 90 degree turn? :lmao

26. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

I think the anime team is trying to play up Naruto/Sakura (hence Sakura thinking Naruto is dead and crying for him three times over two episodes) and play down any competition, so instead of thinking of Naruto as someone to aspire to, Hinata was made to say something casting Naruto as more of a rival. "I won't lose to you!" is something that Naruto says to Sasuke, Sasuke says to Itachi, and Sakura and Ino say to each other, so it can't be mistaken as something romantic (by most people, anyway). Of course, it's still a very stupid thing to have Hinata say.

I'm skeptical that the anime will put Hinata's tea-serving and Naruto-non-farewell-saying scene in a later episode, as it would mean dumping Naruto in the hospital again and setting up almost the exact same scene with Neji, Hiashi and Kiba. But you never know.

27. Mizura Meh

Well they Do have to show Sakura healing her fish after all, so why not the tea scene... in any case, they'd have to show Some scene where she's getting along with her family... right? :S

But yes, stupid thing to make Hinata say. Hinata as Naruto's rival. Ah. Hah. Hah.

28. Hef Night Work

I do know how girls act around that time of the month, but come on, we're talking about Hinata. She's as paranoid as it gets even if it wasn't that time of the month. :D Maybe she ate some rosemary? (Inside joke :()
    Oh yes, my sex is irrelevant here and I try to be as vague as I can :ninja
    But wouldn't that be.. repetitive? But then again, that's what the fillers are about. :S
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Lee. I seriously laughed out loud when I saw teh muscles. I wonder if somebody has made a "Lee's pecks FC" already? :D Kiba looked very hot, though. :hearts
    I hope so, but it gets repetitive when they do pretty much the same scenes again.. unless they alter them. Again. :huh

29. Chatulio Senex

im going with mizura on this they completely warped(for lack of a better word) hinatas entire character in this episode. hinata in the naruto verse represents the type of people out in the RW who have great potential but lack the confidence to attempt to make themselves better.

im starting to think the anime team members are a bunch of fools who dont use an ounce of creativity when they make these. it shows time and time again first with AOI who the f**K kinda char is he who does nuthing but through needles and used a ripped off version of a light saber.

the kakashi mask one i think its considered canon becouse there is a short version of it u can down load.

the sasame one started off ok with showing what happened to the calns who didnt follow oro in his formation of sound, but then they bring in the crap jounins and it goes to hell

and now they make lee look like Arnold hinata likes shes skitzo and brought back another pathetic character *coughmizukicough* with a star destroyer on a lake of lava. then they some how tie in oro to this grand conspiracie

30. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Are you guys sure it wasn't the sub translator who messed up on that part? I also noticed earlier when the Sand Trio were leaving and Konohamaru said his goodbyes. It was translated with him saying that he was going to practice his 'genjutsu' when he actually says 'shuriken jutsu'. So I wasn't too surprised or confused when what Hinata said was translated as, "I won't lose to Naruto-kun."

When I saw the kunai laying in front Hinata, I figured that she blocked them using her own kunai, since there wasn't a crater left from a Kaiten. I'm also guessing that we'll later see Sakura able to heal the fish and that we'll get to see Hinata in her cute kimono serving tea and being teased by Kiba about being too embarrassed to see Naruto off on his training after she fainted from seeing him all bandaged up.:love

Anyway, I'll save Hinata from any bashers! *FFLN runs off with Hinata in his arms*

Hinata: FFLN...:redface umm... your hands... are on my butt...:Hinata
    FFLN: So they are. Hahah! *runs off with his hands on her butt*