1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

[IC] SAINT HAVEN: Regenesis

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Atlantic Storm, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

SAINT HAVEN
    r e g e n e s i s

Game Masters: Advocate, Atlantic Storm, Hidden Nin.

See thread for information.

Are you a hero who works to protect justice? Are you a villain who leads the path of destruction and anarchy? Or are you neither and work for your own interests? Which side would you choose if you could suddenly wield incredible power? Would you serve, oppress, rescue, defend, corrupt, kill, or follow your own set of rules and laws? Crime is on the rise and Saint Haven's police force can no longer contain the new breed of danger invading the city . The fate of Saint Haven, and possibly the world is in your hands as you choose a role and make a difference as a new era dawns.

Tags:
  2. ?clair sσ zεη

Lanse Rowling, "Anima"

"Young lady, stop terrorizing your father and help me with the dishes!" barked the amused voice of Marlene Rowling, her head popping out of the large window through which the entire living room could be seen.

"E-er..."

Lanse froze, her hands in the air and the variety of Halloween props (spiders, bugs, dismembered body parts, eyeballs) stopping with her. Her father, Charles, sighed in relief, crawling out from under the couch and promptly shrieking loudly when a stray eyeball rolled his way.

"GET IT AWAY!" he cried.

"Oh, man, Daddy! You're such a girl," Lanse giggled, but at a withering look from her mother, immediately stopped.

"Lanse."

"Yes, Mommy."

Obediently banishing the horrific props back to their drawers, the little girl headed over to the kitchen, her father wiping his sweaty, terrified face with the bottom of his shirt.

"Remind me why I had her?" he flatly asked Marlene, jerking his head towards Lanse's direction.

"Don't make me sic her on you again, Charles," Marlene warned. "Lan, the spoons, please."

Unbeknowest to her mother, Lanse merely ordered the sponge to scrub the spoons clean, smiling innocently.

"Yes, Mommy."

Such was a normal day in the Rowling household.

Ze'ev, "Kraken"

The human world was fascinating yet... not, Ze'ev immediately decided with a look of utter distaste as he passed by an overflowing dumpster. He was clad in all black, and his greyish pallor attracted quite a bit of attention from the people around him.

Honestly, the only reason why he was even bothering to do this was because His Majesty was adamant that he be given the task. Why, he wasn't informed, but under no circumstances would he dare disobey the king of Ivatoh.

Sharp amber eyes scanned the crowd. He was to find a man of great importance. George Higgins, if his memory was correct (when was it never?).

If I was the leader of such a nation, where would I live?

In the most populated, most richest and most secure part of said nation, of course. That was generally how things went.

Ze'ev paused, promptly flickered out of sight, and reappeared in the middle of a bustling sector of the city, a fountain soothingly spraying out jets of water behind him.

A smirk curled on his colorless lips.

Overhead, a pristine directional board hung.

243, SAINT HAVEN, CENTRAL SECTOR.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  3. Fedster The 2018 version of amputating your own leg

Bach
    South Saint Haven - 1st Part

Not even a fly dared to disturbed the silence on the basement where Dr. Garry Seanfield was working. Only the fast typing on the computer was heard. On the screen there were graphics, charts, and complex logarithms indicating the progress of his project, now 98% complete. His fingers ached due to such intent on completing the final stage, or as he called it, the final Update, the last bit of programming needed to finish what Dr. Fulcrum started: to create a hero, but this time, with a single purpose.

To kill the person who tried to hinder him, and who killed every member of his team. At that thought, Dr. Seanfield couldn't help but put a hand on his right thigh, where a big scar had been drawn permanently on his body after a thug cut him with a knife.

Suddenly, a window popped up on the screen. 'The AI needs a certain patch to work. Would you like download it now? (All of the programs will be closed.)'

"Damn it!", He swore, clicking annoyingly on the 'Yes' option and becoming increasingly annoyed as he saw the progress bar was not moving. At all. It was going to be a long patch. So, in the meantime, he decided to open his research journal, grab a pen and start writing.

Project B.A.C.H. - Final entry (Hopefully.)
    Progress: 98%
    Today is probably the big day where Bach will finally be awake. Of course, it depends on whether this patch starts making some damned progress or not. Why do these things have to happen in the most crucial moments? It's as if no one want this project to end, and leave me with this torment that is my vengeance! Bach, if you're reading this ( And I know you can. I designed the Reading Comprehension program MYSELF!), remember your mission and know that I-​

He looked at the android lying on the metallic table. It looked so real, the pale synthetic skin, the blonde hair, even the details on the lips and nostrils. It was, at first and last sight, a perfect imitation of a human. However, his sight could not dwell too much on it. There was a set of quick, heavy steps above the basement.

He had been found.

Dr. Seanfield took a quick glance at the monitor. 99% completed. He needed to be fast. The man typed sequences and sequences of formulas, his mind working at full throttle. With a smash of the Enter key, the final Update began, sending Terrabytes of information through a cable connected to Bach's brain. He stood up just in time to see the basement door flew off its hinges and stared at two huge men towering at the sides of an elegantly-dressed elderly man. Seanfield knew who he was, the golden cross hanging from his neck gave him away.

Mr. A.

"So it is true.", he said, "You are alive, Dr. Seanfield."

"What if I am?", the doctor answered, covering his project with his pathetic body. Mr. A. smirked.

"We both know I will not let that abomination walk on the Lord's land. And these gentlemen,", He pointed with his cane at the pair of thugs at his sides, "Will not allow it either.", And just like that, he turned around and left, but not before saying, "Leave nothing."

100% Completed. Status: On.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  4. Narurider Hii...

?Would you hurry up already?? Meiko yelled up the stairs, her voice echoing through the silent house. A young boy stumbled into view at the top of the stairs, obviously dishevelled. He muttered curses under his breath as he ran his hand through his chaotic blond hair and slowly swung his tattered jacket around and slid his arms through the sleeves. He trudged down the stairs; his reluctance at the idea of having to leave the sanctuary that was his home was evident. When he had finally descended the stairs he, ignoring Meiko entirely, stomped into the kitchen and pulled a bowl out the cupboard. Meiko visibly twitched and her hands slowly curled into fists. ?What the hell do you think you?re doing??

The boy stopped and looked over his shoulder at her, a look of utter confusion on his face. Meiko stared back at him with her hands on her hips and her frustration evident on her face. Neither of them spoke for a moment before he finally broke the silence, ?I?m making cereal. You want some??

?No, I don?t want any cereal!? Meiko was about to continue when the boy proceeded to turn around and fetch some milk out of the fridge. He then produced a cereal box out of the same cupboard the bowl had come from and poured the contents into the bowl. Meiko?s entire body shook with angry as he grabbed the milk and poured it into the bowl, slowly and with great care. Finally she couldn?t take it anymore. ?GADIAN! We were supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago and you get your lazy butt out of bed and instead of being ready to go, like you should be, what are you doing? You?re making bloody cereal! I?m in the right mind to give you a beating, you lazy sod!?

?I love you too.? Gadian smiled at her as she stood there, stunned, before finding a spoon and proceeded to begin eating his cereal. He eventually finished and as he put his dishes in the sink, he noticed that she was still standing there, speechless. Had he broken her? Or had that pervy old spirit he?d seen following her around the past week finally tried to possess her? He waved his hands in front of her eyes as he spoke, ?Earth to Meiko, are you in there? Anybody home in there??

And that?s when she slapped him. Hard. He mumbled curses as he rubbed his now red cheek and looked up at her with a pained expression. Obviously her speechlessness had been because of her scheming about how the best way to get back at him would be. It seemed she?d settled with the old classic, The Legendary Left.

?Now, are you ready to leave or do I have to slap you again?? Meiko smiled at him and Gadian sighed. He had so hoped he could have stalled until she?d given up on the idea of going out but unfortunately he had failed. He was going to have to leave his fortress of solitude and face the annoying spirits that wandered the neighbourhood. This is not going to be a good day, He thought to himself as he quietly trudged towards the door, Meiko smirking as she followed behind him.

5. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

Central Saint Haven

_________​

The hallway leading to the mayor's office was pretty spectacular, in James' opinion. The carpet was easy on the eyes and very nice to walk on, and the walls of the corridor were filled with portraits of previous mayors, who ruled in happier, easier times. James would have also liked to live in those times, but alas, life wasn't fair; he learned that the hard way. The agent leading him to the office was a tall, silent man in a finely tailoured suit - which James was pretty sure wasn't standard issue - with dark shades obscuring his eyes and a neat haircut. At his waist, the demi-god noticed a small nightstick and a gun. "It's pretty nice in here," James commented idly, in an attempt to make conversation.

"Quite." Came the curt reply, and the conversation ended there. Clearly, the man wasn't interested in speaking. James was fine with that.

After a few continued moments of awkward silences, the man finally led James to the entrance to the mayor's office; two large, slightly ostentatious-looking (but who was he to judge), wooden doors. The government agent opened the doors, and James slowly entered the room. It, like the rest of the building, was rather exquisite, though slightly more personalized. The carpets were the same, but instead of paintings of the previous mayors, the walls of this room were instead filled with various portraits of himself, his family or the city. Quite grand, in James' opinion, for such a small, dull looking man as Barret Higgins. But hey, who was he to judge?Upon his entry, the chair behind the desk swiveled forward, allowing the leader of the city to face the demi-god in full view. From there, James became aware of two things: the mayor looked much older than he did in the public pictures he took. His face now was battered with crevices forming in the skin, and his eyes, while still glinting with a distant hope, had lost the radiance they once held when he had first taken the seat. The second was that the mayor was a bit shorter than James had expected, but that wasn't really important right now.

"Ah. James Brooklyn, I take it?" The mayor arched an eyebrow, as if sizing the demi-god up, then reached out an equally weathered hand. "It's a pleasure, my boy. I've heard quite a bit about you." He smiled.

James accepted the handshake. "I'm flattered." He smiled back, though the action still felt a little foreign to him, his facial muscles not having yet adjusted to 'smiling' yet. The demi-god was pretty sure the mayor could see straight through him, but the elderly man didn't comment on it.

The mayor then nodded, releasing his grasp on James' hand and turned around once more, looking through his large window, overlooking the rest of central Saint Haven. "Tell me James, what do you see here?" He asked, after a few moments of silence.

At this question, he blinked, and then frowned. "Uh . . . is this a rhetorical question?" James asked, cocking his head to the side slightly.

The mayor laughed. It was a sad, melancholic sound. "Not quite, son. Describe what you see."

"A city." James replied slightly pensively, then spoke up again, adding on: "Not a particularly good one. No offense."

"Yes, but also no." Higgins replied, then looked around, the setting of the sun bringing in bright golden rays of light through the windows behind him, brimming him in a faint aura of radiance, forcing the young man to squint slightly. "I see a city tainted with darkness, from corruption and crime. But also one glowing with the light of potential, so long as we have capable individuals willing to make a difference." Raising his hand, he extended a finger and pointed at James. "I want you to be one of them, James."

James nodded. He'd expected this, and he had come to the city with the intention of doing good anyway. "Yeah, of course I'll do it." The demi-god replied. "But the city is a pretty big place, and it's kinda filled to the brim with crime. I'm good, but I doubt I can do this alone." He'd seen first hand what the city was capable of. Hell, earlier this morning some guy had tried to mug him. No success, obviously, but it was still pretty crazy, considering it was during broad daylight.

The mayor nodded, then suddenly sighed. "Indeed, but you won't be alone here. I have begun trying to assemble a team of similarly skilled individuals . . . who should be here soon." He shook his head. "Including my daughter. I'm still convinced that it's a bad idea, but at this point, there's no chance of me persuading her otherwise."

"Your daughter?" The demi-god had an idea as to where this was going, and he didn't like it.

"Yes. Will you accept another, selfish, request from this old man, James?" Higgins asked, looking at James, the sad look of his eyes drilling straight into him. The demi-god's eyes hovered around him, but he found himself unable to make direct eye contact with the mayor. There was something about his eyes that James wanted to avoid. He couldn't quite place his finger on it, though.

James nodded. "Of course." He said.

"Protect my daughter."

6. Hossaim Diana OP

"The end of the cigarette is always the worst. It never feels good to smoke it. Yet I always do. I always finish it. I don't why I do finish it. I could just get to this part then discard it. But nobody does. I don't either. I guess I just like to finish things for the sake of finishing them.

I discard the cigarette.

I find myself in a pretty slummy part of town. Not much is going on right now. It's early morning, the period in-between the drugies waking up and slouching off to wherever the fuck they go when it's sunny outside, and the hobo's setting up their little begging areas. As such, it's relatively quiet.

I am leaning against the back wall of a drug store. Graffiti is painted across the walls, all of it reaking of amateur. You need to go downtown to find the good shit. Everything around here was done by some highschooler who thinks hes some big time rebel, fighting authority.

Still, it was a pretty good place to have a cigarette. But now his was done. So he had no reason to still be here. So why was he. Well, it was also a pretty decent place to think. Not often you can get quiet, peaceful moments like this. Especially considering I'v spent the past few years lounging around in the bar scene of the criminal underworld. I thrived there, among the scum and the weak, those who kill and eat eachother to gain a single penny of status. They made easy prey, and hustling made pretty good money if you did it right. As long as you didn't get your head chopped off. But luckily for me, that was not generally a concern for him. Low level gunmen had little resistance against magic decapitating cards.

But times change. The world is moving, and it does not pay to sit idly by and wait. You must move along with it. It was time to move on. Speaking of which, I should be moving on. "

In a fluid movement, Simon pulled out his gun and fired and teleporting card above the roof of the drugstore. In an instant he was there. This game him an excellent view of the city, the rising sun just beginning the peak through the distant skyscrapers.

"The world is moving indeed."

With that thought, Simon began to head towards downtown.

7. BringerOfChaos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Party Crasher

Our jet black haired maniac stood before the door to city hall. He had just finished beating down the guards that stood in his way from entering. Apparently it was only invite only. He knew that the heroes for the Mayor's little project would meet up here, everyone knew. This whole hero project wasn't necessarily a secret, it was supposed to be a beacon of hope for the city. Now you may be wondering, why would Mike be joining this project? Well, because he's bored, that's why. The brown eyed boy heads towards the Mayor's office, entering a long corridor. As he walks through, he began tilting the pictures as he walked.

"Stupid, fat, stupid and fat."

Mike thought as he tilted each picture, until approaching the door. Without warning he kicked down the door.

"What up fucktards, I'm joining this team."

He spoke smugly, a smirk on his face. Although Mike was easily agitated, and had anger issues, there was one other thing he did possess.

Arrogance.

8. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

Central Saint Haven

_________​

The mayor and James both turned their head to face the new arrival at the same time, stunned with silence. Higgins regarded him with an inquisitive look on his face, then his expression relaxed, apparently having remembered who he was or something. James wasn't sure. The mayor was a hard man to figure out. "Ah, you must be Mike." He said at last, reaching out a hand for a handshake. "It's nice to finally meet you."

James looked at Mike, his eyes flashing a warm gold for a moment, the figure of Mike turning into a silhouette of brilliant dark blue aura as his powers activated. The aura glowed like a bright, aggressive flame. Radiating with power, unlike that of the humans James usually encountered. "An enhanced human, eh?" James thought to himself, sensing the abnormal presence of his soul, then stopped his monologue for a brief moment. "Well, probably only physically enhanced. He seems a bit dumber than the average human." He concluded, his eyes flickering at the kicked down door for a moment, before focusing back on the black haired boy now stood before them. Not really a smart entrance into a room that was potentially filled with superpowered people. Either that, or he was really powerful, but James sort of doubted that.

Maybe this would be interesting after all. Angry people - especially ones who were arrogant - were usually entertaining to watch.

9. BringerOfChaos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Party Crasher II

"Get those dirty hands away from me fatman."

Mike replied, walking towards a chair to sit, wrapping his arms around his neck, and putting his feet on a desk. He turned towards the other guy in the room, eying him a bit. Was he a mere human? A mutant? A alien? He pondered on this for a second, but remember he didn't give a fuck.

"So who the fuck is this chump."

He asked the Mayor.

"And where da fuck are the snacks."

Kimberly Higgins
    Worry

Kimberly stopped her motorcycle as she reached city hall. Today was the day, where all of her fathers efforts would pay off or not. She shook her head, shaking all the negativity out of her head. The green eyed girl hopped off her motorcycle, and took off her helmet releasing her long flowing black hair. From the corner of her eye she saw it.

"No. No!"

She ran towards the entrance of city hall, to the unconscious bodies. She began shaking them, but they were out cold. Kimberly placed her fingers on their neck, and sighed in relief. There was a pulse. But what of her dad? She quickly left the unconscious guards unattended and ran inside city hall, going straight for the corridor that leads to her fathers office. As she was running she noticed all the tilted picture frames, and as she closed in she saw the kicked down door. She immediately ran inside.

"Dad! Are you oka-"

She stopped upon realizing her dad was completely fine, standing next to some other guy, probably sixteen or seventeen. She also noticed another boy, sitting on a chair with his feet on the desk.

"You almost gave me a heart attack! What happened out there?"

"I happened."

Kimberly turned to the black haired boy, who answered her nonchalantly. Why was he joining the team?

10. ?clair sσ zεη

-Flair.

Lanse had run away. She didn't know where she was going, but she had to leave. The seven year old was terrified, and she clutched desperately at Goofy, her beloved plush puppy. She stumbled slightly, running through an alley, and turned right - none of the people passing her even bothered to look concerned.

Why would an upset child worry them, though? The city was cruel, unkind.

Lanse's lips were dry and her throat parched from holding back a sob.

Mommy. She... she was sad, and now... Daddy had gone. He left. Mommy was alone, and sad, and crying, and so, so, so small-looking, and-

-and she had just left her, just like Daddy.

But Lanse was a child. She was young. Immature. She didn't want to leave, but she wasn't going back. Not yet. Not now. Not now, please, not now.

Daddy was so scary. For the first time...

A truck screeched to a halt, the driver yelling profanities, and Lanse sprinted across the road, her speed picking up and her eyes flashing a brilliant blue.

...I felt scared of him.

It seemed like hours had passed, but in reality, just ten minutes later, she collapsed in a dingy corner in some dark, dark street with no lamps. The faint smell of trash, blood and alcohol rose in wafts.

She cringed, squeezing her eyes shut.

But she stayed put there all night long.

Ze'ev, "Kraken"
    -Rebirth.

Walking down the exquisitely decorated hallway, Ze'ev felt a flicker of astonishment at the sheer luxury that could be afforded to the ones living ashore. Thick, rich carpets covered the marble floor, the color a deep red, and the walls were brightly illuminated by a series of candles in small bowls. Large, tall portraits of men that rose to power before the current Mayor hung proudly on those very walls, and looking at their confidence made Ze'ev feel a little better about leaving home for the first time in his life.

Of course, those were thoughts unfit for a warrior. Unfit for a savior, a protector, one trusted by the king of Ivatoh himself.

So, Ze'ev rose his head high, amber eyes steely like they always were, and strode down the remainder of the hallway, his armour meshing back into his civilian guise. The safe, secure and comforting thrumming of the Force within his body reassured him softly.

For my people, I will fight.

The doors were thrown open, and Ze'ev stepped inside, ignoring the two others in the office. His priority was the clearly important man before him.

He didn't even remotely resemble a leader.

Ze'ev hid his dissatisfaction and growing disappointment.

"Good evening, Mayor."

11. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

Central Saint Haven

_________​

Higgins withdrew his hand, then watched Mike carefully as the young man strolled over to a nearby seat and made himself at home, propping his feet up on a desk. James did the same, then noticed Mike staring at him, before the kid apparently couldn't hold it in anymore: "So who the fuck is this chump." He asked plainly, still glaring at the demi-god.

James smiled as politely as possible, his opinion on the new kid dropping further and further with each syllable uttered from his mouth. "I'm Ja-"

"And where da fuck are the snacks." He asked again, cutting across James before he could answer his question.

"Maybe they traded in brain cells and intelligence for physical ability." James observed. "And attention span." He added on as an afterthought. To say the kid didn't appear to be the sharpest knife in the shed would be an understatement; so far he seemed about as sharp as a marble. Before he could dwell further upon the empowered kid's lack of intelligence, however, another person burst into the room.

Long black hair trailed her as she entered the room, her footsteps elegant and graceful, but rushed with worry and anxiety. "She's pretty." James noticed, then, from the corner of his eye, saw the mayor's shoulders slacken slightly. "Ah, this must be the daughter." The demi-god nodded, his eyes flickering a faint gold again, her soul resonating harmoniously with Higgins' and radiating a similar, brilliant shade of fuchsia. Unlike Mike's, however, her spirit was far less aggressive and powerful and was more like a wisp or an ember, dancing quietly in the container that was her physical body.

"Dad, are you oka-" The girl began, but then stopped herself, noticing that Higgins was, in fact, quite okay. A bit stressed out and sullen-looking, James thought, but fine nonetheless. "You almost gave me a heart attack out there! What happened?" She demanded.

Then Mike spoke up again. "I happened." He said quite nonchalantly.

Higgins' eyebrows furrowed slightly, and he looked between James, Mike and his daughter Kimberly. "What are you talking about, dear?" He asked, settling his eyes on Kimberly.

12. BringerOfChaos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Worry II

"The guards outside are out cold, and the door was kicked down... I thought you could have died."

Kimberly explained, her voice grim and full of worry. Ironically enough, just how the Mayor is always worried about his daughters safety, she is always worried about his. Him dying is always in the back of this young woman's head everyday. Many people, especially evil factions don't quite like how the Mayor is planning on opposing them. Kimberly inhaled and exhaled once more, finally calming down.

"I shouldn't have made such an outburst, I should've have used my powers."

Kimberly possessed powers her father had not known about, two in fact. She had what she could describe as Empathy, she could sense emotions, feelings, hopes, dreams, desires, and even fears of others. The green eyed girl didn't exactly have a grip on this power, but she knew that it could do much more than that, she just had to push a bit.

Immediately she felt her fathers emotions. His overwhelming emotions of hope. Under all that pain he possessed, under all of that sacrifice he made, there was hope. She could see glimpses of her fathers life, the day he became Mayor, the day he married her mother, the day she was born. She could also see his fears, the city collapsing, his dreams dying.

Next was James. She immediately sensed that he had some dislike for the sitting boy in the room, and that he was going over how much superior he was to the boy. She tried to push deeper, but then Kimberly stopped, she couldn't get any deeper... strange.

Next was Mike.

"I sense... nothing."

She couldn't read him at all, she couldn't get through. It was as if his mind was blocking her off. Or did he simply not have a mind?

The young woman was so distracted from learning about everybody, she didn't even notice the other peculiar looking man walk in.

She sensed disappointment in him.

Why was she sensing this, she had just stopped using her powers, but she was still sensing everyone... she couldn't turn it off. She slightly stumbled backwards, her hand pressing against her head.

"Kimberly dear, are you alright?"

"I'm fine dad, just a little lightheaded, I need to sit."

Kimberly walked up to a chair, and sat down crossing her legs. She couldn't turn off her empathy.

13. Byrd Awaken Feathers of the Skies

The Demonic Entity "Maou"- Cold Case Part 1

Alleyway in Saint Heaven

She ran swiftly like the wind, knocking down multiple trashcans... fear was in her eyes. Earlier she had seen her husband and child killed right before her eyes. The beast was still feasting on their flesh, consuming every organ and bone. She let out a cry for help, hoping that anyone near would hear

"HELP!!!!! HELP... MONSTER!!!"

The Darkness was fast approaching her for within these alleyways, it exist abundantly and would not let her escape into the light shining in the city. Everywhere she found an exit, it was quickly block away by mysterious spears, ready to lunge outward if she got near...

The growl of the beast was getting nearer and nearer... the woman quickly grab the nearest object she could find, it was a steel pole lying on the ground. This would be her last defense and the menacing force approach her...

A woman emerge from the shadows, a few feet from the woman... face hidden away from any shred of light... A cry was heard as blood splash against the wall... and the shadows retreated from the alleyway...

This would make the 8th case in the city of Saint Haven

14. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

West Saint Haven
    _________​

"Yes, my employer would like very much to meet with you, Mr. Soriente. I understand you're very busy and all, but let me tell ya it's very important. I am sure that you'll be able to make the date, else we'll make the time for you, capisce? He really appreciates you taking the time out of your schedule to come see him next week. Have a nice evening." Temple watched the middle aged man that had come to his doorstep evenly, even as the thug tipped his hat and turned to move from his doorstep. Yes, he'd noticed the bulge just above his belt, and the one, tiny spec of blood just inside the fold of his suit jacket. But that didn't matter, much. All he truly needed to know was...

"Hey, wait a moment," Temple murmured, and as the man turned back, to him, and there were a few quick swipes of movement between them. Then, the mafia grunt fell to the floor, his body beginning to unfold in the form in a series of inked layers, arms, shoulders, face, legs, and torso alike flaking in sections to reveal thousands of folded pages that detailed this man's very essence.

Temple knelt down, though it was impossible for anyone to perceive what his victim was experiencing. To the casual observer, the writer was now helping up an injured man. After reading over the sections he needed to within a moment or two, Temple imprinted a few notes on the pages, and then stood, easing the door shut slowly. The man rose with unsteady steps, and Temple nodded as they regained eye contact.

"Tell him I'll be there next week, then," the young man replied in delicate Italian.

_________​

That had been a week prior. Temple now was being driven to some location in West Saint Haven, with a new individual as the driver. The man, who'd instructed Temple to call him Iggy, was a bit more talkative than the messenger, for whatever reason. Temple sat with him in the front seat, window open as he carefully studied the route they used to reach whichever mafia headquarters they were currently headed towards, and engaged Iggy in an idle conversation about the weather and how he pondered how his wife would react if she found out he was cheating on her. Temple rolled up the window as Iggy told him they were approaching their destination, and then got out, dusting off his muted grey suit neatly and adjusting his vibrant crimson tie.

"You're awfully talkative today, Iggy."

"...yea I guess so. I'm not sure why." Temple smiled gently to himself as he watched the floor, walking in with them.

They were in an underground, cavernous garage, and after a few moments he was led up to a well lit, though eerily decorated, conference room. Tatami mats lined the floor, and paper lanterns dotted the ceiling illuminating the area, with thousands of origami cranes laced in between the spaces the lanterns occupied. Elegant calligraphy was displayed prominently, brief haikus that told of harsh winters. An ornamental daisho was mounted on the wall, and archaic full yoroi stood ominously in the corner, an inanimate sentinel to overlook the coming dealings. The second mafioso they'd walked up with happened to be the messenger that Temple had met previously, and stood at the left of the yakuza boss Temple was now seated across from.

"Mr. Soriente. I'm glad you could make it." A small amount of time passed with that opening between them, and Temple nodded. "Of course. Glad to be here."

Then, the man, Kaito, did two things. He slid a copy of Temple's latest book towards the young man, and told him to open it to the book mark, asking if it seemed familiar. And Temple froze as this occurred, as the man in the photo that had been made into a book mark was indeed someone he recognized. It wasn't a moment of fear so much as him reconsidering a half a dozen things he'd taken for granted when reading the messenger, Dan's, pages for his memories. How had they...?

Temple looked up at him, and Kaito's eyes were two narrow slits that harbored fierce burning coals. The man in the picture was an individual that Temple had 'imprinted' on as an experiment to see if he could perhaps gain a contact point into the mafia, for any number of purposes. Unfortunately, it seemed that had perhaps backfired; they obviously had caught onto the man's intention, and despite his commands of not revealing anything about him, they'd apparently succeeded in probing into the spy's mind. He should have thought of that possibility, he scolded himself now. Leave it to the mafia to have more ways than torture to get an idea out of a man's head.

The writer didn't speak, and Kaito instead continued, taking his silence to be a concession. "Right. I'll have to be blunt with you, if that is the case, so please excuse me. The only reason I haven't killed you yet is because of that book. I don't have time to dance around the topic at hand; it's something...strange. I'm not sure what, but it's done something to a few of my men. They can 'see' things coming, now. I haven't gotten very far, but I understand it already, what it is that's happening." Kaito leaned a bit closer, his voice lowering to a threatening octave. "The reason you aren't dead is because you're going to make more of these for me, Mr. Soriente. Many more, that can tap into even more impressive feats of preco-"

And then Temple sneezed.

Kaito paused, and Iggy raised an eyebrow. Neither the yakuza boss, nor the driver, however, had their eyes on Dan. The moment Temple sneezed, the conversation stopped. All the sound, even the buzz of a few gnats about the lanterns, stopped. Temple had already begun moving, the efforts of his gambit now finally coming to fruition. He'd searched the room for a possible solution the problem at hand before he'd sat. Now he was getting up to move towards that solution, even as he made a few deft pen strokes in midair, his pen gaining an incandescent glow. Into Kaito's pages he wrote 'And then you flew 10 meters backwards'. Dan's fist came down where Kaito had just been, the yakuza boss having leapt back inexplicably due to Temple's involvement. As the fist rent the desk Kaito had been sitting at asunder, the young man darted back and grabbed the katana that was on the wall. He watched as Iggy took quick steps back, his bullets uselessly bouncing off of Dan's hardened carapace. Temple sprinted right for Dan, bracing himself as the man's fist easily sailed wide of him. And with a deft thrust, Temple pricked his eye, the only spots that didn't possess super hardened skin upon it, and pushed, piercing the mafia grunt's brain.

Over within a few seconds. And then he dropped the katana as he heard a few others burst in, and shout in Italian and Japanese alike for him to get down on the ground. He did just that, dropping to his knees.

"Yare yare daze..."

Kaito watched him with a piercing gaze, and he could already tell this would take some wordplay to get out of. Out of the frying pan, and into the fire. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to have placed that exact reaction in Dan for when he sneezed. Temple wasn't certain they'd even realize he'd saved Kaito, at this rate. Sighing as his face was pushed down into the carpet, he didn't resist as two other grunts subdued him.

"Can we hurry this up? I have another appointment I have to attend to, later today..."

15. ?clair sσ zεη

-Rebirth.

"The guards outside are out cold, and the door was kicked down... I thought you could have died," the girl explained, looking shaken.

Ze'ev barely rose a brow, letting her and her father (the Mayor, he dryly realized) continue their little talk. He was content to sit back for now and observe.

A rather grouchy and irate looking male was scowling in the corner, and looking at him, Ze'ev knew he was possibly the deadlast of the group. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes; excellent, more useless baggage. As if he didn't have those already, what with the Mayor's apparent lack of combat skills.

Or brains.

A strange aura emitted from the boy beside the useless one. This one appeared more mature, more serious. Maybe, just maybe, there was some hope left.

"Are you done yet?" he finally asked, masking his impatience with a false smile. He knew it looked out of place on him. "Not to be rude, of course, but my king awaits a reply..." he trailed off pointedly, crossing his arms.

If he had it his way, he would be long gone, missive in hand and enemies slaughtered. Back home. Not here, with this place full of toxic gases, crowds and unfamiliar faces. Ivatoh felt like a distant dream to him as he met the Mayor's squinted gaze coolly, itching to move. Ze'ev hated this feeling of being so... lost. It damn well felt like being a weakling.

Ze'ev cleared his throat, ire rising, and the Mayor shook himself out of his reverie.

Good lord, he wanted to strangle these people.

16. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

Central Saint Haven

_________​

James looked at Kimberly curiously, having noticed her sway around before she made her way to the chair. More than that, for a moment, he had also seen her soul flicker from it's bright, radiant fuchsia to a darkened, duller colour for a moment, wavering as if some outer force had struck it, smothering it in a layer of smog. "Weird." The demi-god thought to himself, then looked at Mike again. Was he the one who took out those guards outside, then? "Well, he did enter after breaking down the door and acted like a moron upon entry, so probably." He concluded. Maybe he wasn't so weak after all. Then again, taking a dozen or so of those guards wasn't really a big deal either.

The other young man who recently entered seemed content to sit on a nearby chair, grumpily watching Kimberly and Higgins without even bothering to veil his distaste for the whole situation. Then, he finally spoke up. "Are you done yet?" he finally asked, masking his impatience with a false smile. He knew it looked out of place on him. "Not to be rude, of course, but my king awaits a reply..." he trailed off pointedly, crossing his arms.

At this, James arched an eyebrow. "Another arrogant one. Just what we need." He mentally sighed to himself. None of these people, aside from maybe Kimberly, seemed like they would be remotely easy to get along with. "Forget fighting crime, at this point it seemed more likely we'd be fighting ourselves." So far, this seemed like a pretty shoddy team.

Higgins nodded at Ze'ev, clasping his hands together and looking slightly apologetic. "Sorry, sorry." He said, slightly sheepishly. "There are a few more arrivals to be made. Some of them will be your teammates, and some, your..."

"Instructor." Another man walked through the entrance. Tall, with neat black hair, and dressed in an exquisite matching dark suit, James could immediately tell he wasn't one of the guards. For one thing, he wasn't knocked out. For another, he was carrying a sabre at his side and looked far more competent than the others. The demi-god's eyes flickered a faint gold to examine him, but a quick glance from the man told him it was a bad idea. "Alexander Fortis." He introduced himself, his voice stern and serious, and each word carefully focused.

17. Hossaim Diana OP

Simon stopped outside the Mayor's office fother a smoke. He had bought another pack on his way here so he was good to go.

"I wonder who is already there."

His walk to the office had been relatively non-eventful. He had mostly stuck to the rooftops, as he did not enjoy the rustle and bustle of the crowd. He enjoyed double teleporting over long and up tall buildings. Shooting a card, flashing to it, then immediately shooting another one and flashing to it again. He felt as though he was flying when he did it. Humans had wanted to fly for a long time, and it felt cool to be able to do it, although he questioned weather man had quite wanted to fly in such a manner.

He did an inventory check. He had 138 cards in his gun, another 300 in his pouch. He looked up and saw the mayor's office window. He took out a card, gave it the teleportation mark, and placed it on a windowstill below. This way, in case someone started shooting at him, he would have a quick escape.

"Time to make an entrance"

Simon took out his gun, and fired a teleportation card right through the window. After hearing the crash, he teleported up to it. He landed bowing with one arm outstretched and the other tipping his hat.

"Howdy do"

18. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

Behind Fortis came a woman dressed much differently than Alex; neat spectacles, her white hair tied back, and in a slim fitting iconic yellow and black tracksuit. Her steps carried all the grace and poise of a cat, eyes gliding over each of the young heroes carefully to get an idea of what they'd be working with. She had a certain confidence to her steps, despiting appearing to be at most 16 or 17. On her hips sat a belt with varying implements, and she crossed her arms as she looked down at Mike. No introduction, no nothing. Lillian Masters, in the flesh.

"Shouldn't you introduce yourself first, Lil?"

"Later, Alvin."

"Get up," she commanded, tone impatient as she glared down at Mike.

19. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

Central Saint Haven

_________​

Everything was pretty instant. Moments after their 'instructor' walked into the room, the window shattered, pieces of glass cascading across the room in a hail of fragmented crystal. The next thing James saw was a slim looking man wearing a hat appearing out of nowhere in the room, giving a greeting to everybody, followed by a trail of crimson light dashing past his peripheral vision, appearing next to the man in an instant. Another woman walked in soon after Alex appeared, moving casually and nonchalant, not even bothering to take a glance at the explosion of glass as she strode over to Mike.

The woman's voice, despite her stature and slightly delicate appearance, was commanding."Get up." She said to Mike, her tone impatient.

"Holy shit." James muttered audibly, blinking. He wasn't sure what he was more surprised at; the window suddenly exploding, this new guy coming out of nowhere, or 'Alexander Fortis' being . . . so fast. He looked at the mayor, who seemed unperturbed by the recent sequence of events, but was nonetheless, looking at the hatted man curiously.

A glint of silver flashed, the small piece of revealed blade glowing under the sunlight. Likewise, an aura of fuchsia covered James' fist, the demi-god breaking off a chunk of his soul to cover his fist. As his powers manifested themselves, James' eyes also turned a brilliant gold. "State your intentions." Alex said to the young man, his voice steely and cold and his piercing red gaze drilling straight into the invader. James gulped slightly. Damn, this guy was scary.

20. Island In the Sun

United States
    The Gray Man
    West Saint Haven

Who was the strange man that lived on 125 South 30th Street, Apartment 48? Some say that he suffered from a terrible condition that bleached his skin and ate away at his sensory organs. Others say that he was a burn victim who lost everything in a terrible fire several years back. Of course, there are some who insist that he?s a mutant and needs to go back into whatever hole in the ground that he crawled out from. Then, there are those who say that he?s not of this world. Instead, he is a being of extraterrestrial origin with from an unknown world and with an unknown purpose on ours. Did any of these claims stand out? Were any of them even the least bit grounded in reality? Nobody would dare ask Mr. T. H. Grayman for the truth. If he really was the victim of some horrible skin disease or, alternatively, a fire that destroyed everything he knew and loved, it would be rude to pry. Meanwhile, if he actually was an alien, he might respond to such a question in? undesirable ways.

Other than his strange physique, Mr. T. H. Grayman was an otherwise ordinary man living an ordinary life. He made his money as a stock broker in Central Saint Haven and spent his free time at the bowling alley and periodically visiting his neighbors. In particular, he was good friends with Ms. Goodwin from next door, the kindly old lady who invited him over for dinner a couple times a week. He was also friends with Mr. Anderson, the single father who would sometimes ask him to babysit his kids. Overall, Mr. Grayman did everything that an ordinary person did: he went to work, paid his bills, went grocery shopping, and was even an active participant in his community. How could somebody like him, such an upstanding citizen, possibly be an alien?

?Feeble humans,? Grey murmured to himself as he strolled down the street and toward the Roswell Apartments on South 30th Street in West Saint Haven.

Though he didn't wear clothes when he first came to Earth, it quickly became evident that such was necessary if he wanted to integrate himself into normal human life. On this particular day, he left work early to do some grocery shopping and was still in the expensive black suit that one would expect to see being worn by wealthy businessmen in Central Saint Haven. On his right arm, he carried a hefty brown paper bag of groceries, including all the usual things: milk, eggs, assorted fruits, canned vegetables, and some other random snacks that Ms. Goodwin gave him coupons for. On his left, he wore a fancy silver watch and held it up to his wrist to check the time. At this point, if he had a face, he would have made one of disgruntlement.

?They can never do anything right.? He shook his head in disappointment.

While Grey was in the checkout line at the local supermarket, he received a phone call from one of his coworkers, asking if he could come back to work for the evening. At this point, all Grey wanted to do was go home, relax, have dinner, and then continue his hunt for the wretched creature that he pursued all the way to this backwards ball of mud. Just how was he supposed to do that if these backwards primates couldn?t even go a couple hours without needing his assistance?! Was a little peace and quiet too much to ask for?!

21. BringerOfChaos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Three bitches enter the fray

Well this was a turn up, much more of the heroes the Mayor mentioned before had arrived. First a man with a sword. The first bitch entered the fray. Before Mike could properly observe how much better he was, the second bitch entered the scene. A man teleported inside the room, sparking confusion as heads turned. Mike smirked as a gun was pointed to Simon's head, and grinned when he saw it was Kimberly who was holding the gun. Turning back towards the instructors he had not noticed the third one.

A white haired girl, in a tracksuit. She walked as if her shit didn't stink. She was the biggest bitch of them all, she had the fucking nerve to walk up to Mike... and tell him to get up. The jet black haired boy looked Lillian right in her eyes, sat up, smiled sweetly, and then crushed the chair with one single axe kick. The wooden chair shattered to multiple pieces. He turned back to Lillian and looked her in the eye once more.

"You can shove those wooden pieces right up your stank cunt bitch."

Kimberly Higgins
    Alex sensei and the interloper

Upon seeing Alex, Kimberly's face brightened up, and she got out of her chair. Alex had been Kimberly's martial arts instructor for years. She had learned so much from him, but she still had a long way to go before she was just as good as him.

"Alex!"

Suddenly she sensed someone, she quickly pivoted 180 degrees, and aimed her gun at Simon's face.

22. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

Lillian watched impassively as Mike literally shattered the Mayor's chair into pieces with a single kick, her facial expression surfacing just as she desired. Unamused, unmoving, and with a silently simmering glare. Her body language was relaxed, though, and she observed Mike's posture in that instance, as well as everyone else there. He was cocky, for sure. But didn't seem hostile, at least not at the moment. He held himself centered, though, so that habit probably lent itself to quick reactions...he was adaptable, or could go this way or that very easily. That might lend itself to his mindset, as well. She tucked the note away for future use. But at the same time he'd be trouble if not reigned in early.

"Maybe we should nip this one in the bud?"

"You're preaching to the choir, Alvin."

"Done? If you're here to join the team, act like it." She had a piece of the debris in her hand. When did she have time to-

With a quick flick of the wrist, she'd thrown it at Mike, grazing his cheek with eerily precise accuracy. Her control over her body kept her eyes from widening as an immediate response, but she was rather surprised to see the small cut across his cheek instantly seal up. "Or I'll have to make you."

"He reminds me of what you were like when we first met, I think."

"And that's the part that potentially scares me."
    She'd definitely have to keep an eye on him, especially.

23. Hossaim Diana OP

Simon waited a moment before moving.

"State your intentions"

Simon smirked a little. His little entrance seemed to have tightened everyone's panties a few ticks too tight.

"Calm yourself hotshot, no need to be so serious. You invited me here."

He took a moment to look at his surroundings. He had a gun pointed at him. Inside the room was the mayor, the girl with the guns, this random prude, some kid who looked like getting punched in the face would shatter him, some random fish thingy, and a guy who appeared to have serious anger managment issues. There was a gigantic hole in the wall. He guessed that it mr. anger management was responsible.

He directed his attention to the girl

"Relax cupcake. With panties as tight as yours I'm surprised you can even move. Now let's all calm it down a bit".

He strided to the back of the room and leaned against the wall.

24. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

Central Saint Haven

_________​

James watched Simon as he looked at the room. "Calm yourself hotshot, no need to be so serious. You invited me here." He said to Alexander Fortis, then he turned to the girl the demi-god now recognised as Kimberly. "Relax cupcake. With panties as tight as yours I'm surprised you can even move. Now let's all calm it down a bit." Given his disposition, James half expected Alex to just lash out and throw the guy out the window, but the suited man remained impassive and unamused. That is, until the guy got up and began walking.

The next few movements were a bit of a blur to James, the sword-wielding man's moves efficient and precise. A single hand shot out, his fingers hooking into the man's collars, then with a swing, the instructor threw him across the room, throwing him against the wall. His eyes glowed a crimson red as he approached Simon, his sword still not fully unsheathed. "You'll have to forgive me if I don't quite believe you," Alex said. "Your entrance erred slightly on the suspicious side." James then looked around to see what Mike and the short girl were up to. Apparently, Mike had decided to have an angry outburst on the chair, while the girl dressed in white grazed his cheek with a piece of debris.

Higgins coughed, clearing his throat. "Now, now, Alex, Lillian. That's quite enough." He said. "A little bit of discipline is fine, but we don't want to scare them off the team." The mayor smiled, looking at Simon. "I apologize for my friend. Your entrance, while stunning, just had us a bit, ah..." He paused for a second. "Startled."

25. BringerOfChaos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Predator of Prey

He didn't expect any of it. He thought he had scared her off after smashing the chair, but instead this bitch had the nerve to actually make a move. The worst part is the brown eyed boy was totally caught off guard, she could've have killed him. His hand searched for one of his pocket knives, he was resisting the urge to strike her down here and now. He wasn't sure what her powers were, and he wasn't nearly as skilled, but with the element of surprise he was confident that he could take her down.

For some unknown reason... he didn't.

"Fucking bitch."

He muttered, before dropping it altogether.

Kimberly Higgins
    Simmering Down

She put her gun back in holster, this man obviously meant no harm, and had Kimberly not been shocked she would've have sensed there were no malicious intent.

"Alex, it's okay, he's alright."

She called out to her teacher.

26. Fedster The 2018 version of amputating your own leg

Bach
    South Saint Haven - 2nd Part

Mr. A left the room by the doorless hole of the basement, leaving his thugs to deal with a pathetic scientist and an apparently still android. Dr. Seanfield did not know that the Update had fully loaded and the systems were turning on, but what he did know was that, as it was the first time, it would take her two full minutes to spring into life. That was his reassurance. 'Two minutes after the Update, and I will be saved. However, how can a man like me hold two baboons like the ones before me?' He eyed his work. Their work, he corrected himself. Their enterprise. Their dream. Their hope.

'I have to protect Her. No matter what.'

"Let's get this over with.", said one of the hired men, walking towards the still android on the table. Dr. Seanfield dashed and jumped on him, holding him in a sort of embrace as though his life depended on it and ocassionally punched him in the face. "Ah! Get this fucker off me!", Said the thug. The other one closed in on them and grabbed the doctor's sides, trying to pull him out of his companion. Finally, 30 seconds after, he could separate him and throw him to the other side of the room. Seanfield lost his breath momentarily.

"Let's kill 'im first. It'll be easier that way.",the second thug stated, and the other nodded. Dr. Seanfield looked up, his eyes depicting horror behind the black curtain of hair. He couldn't die just now. In his mind, he was counting the seconds left to Bach's awakening.'80. 79. 78. 77...' Oh God, why did it take so long!? He needed to think of something...There must be something. There always was...

His face illuminated. The scientist stood up, resolved to protect their creation. The two goons started to lunge towards him, and, surprisingly, he squeezed through a gap between them, as he grabbed a welder that was loitering around the floor, and turned it on. The flame peek through the opening, menacing the thug's body. '63. 62. 61. 60...'

That plan worked sort of well. It would've worked splendidly if it were only one of them, though. Dr. Seanfield charged at them like the crazy man he was and was able to burn one of the thug's eyeballs before the welder was taken away from him and he was kicked the living daylights out of him. Luckily to him, the whole action entertained the thugs for enough time. '13. 12. 11. 10...', he counted, as he fell to the floor, bleeding from mouth to nose to ears, and even from his black eyes. "Stop.", Said Thug 1,"He told us to leave him alive to see how we destroyed everything."

"Shit. You should've said something, moron.", Insulted Thug 2. '9. 8. 7. 6...', "We could've just restrained him and I wouldn't have lost a fucking eye!". '5. 4. 3. 2...'

"Well, let's just destroy that thing.", Thug 1 turned around to Bach.

'1...0.'

The screens turned off, indicating their completion. The cables connected to the android detached themselves, their task finished. An artificial breathing was heard. A flutter of eyelids was seen. And the awakening of a new, invented life was felt.

Project B.A.C.H. was finished, and Bach rose to her feet, her baggy, military-like pants looking as though they were barely hanging on her waist, and the white, sleeveless shirt constrasting with its tightness.

"Command!", shouted Dr. Seanfield. "Eliminate standing males!", the two thugs shifted their gaze from Seanfield to Bach, as she opened her eyes and her menacing blue eyes glared at the men's, her order received.

Everything ended in a blink of an eye. Her hands turned into sharp, long swords and she dashed towards the frightened men, slashing their throats open, mercilessly. The thugs fell to the floor with a loud thud to stand no more. Her hands turned to normal, yet they stayed tainted with crimson blood. Bach looked at her Creator, who bled profusely and was barely alive. He shook his head as though saying 'Don't save me.'

"Command,", He said, with the weakest of voice, barely audible. "Follow your mission, and then...", he coughed some blood. Right now, the only thing keeping him alive was his determination to finish his sentence. "Follow what you think it's right. For the greater good.", his head leaned forward, as though nodding. However, it didn't bend back. Dr. Garry Seanfield was dead.

Bach turned away from her Creator's corpse, breathing and staring into the stairs that would take her to the outside world.

"I will, my Creator."

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  27. Chronos The Wild Card

-The Soul of The King-

There are times where I wish I could share the perceptions of the other people. Not only the minds of the thinkers that helped mold the moral code, but of the little, the smart, the wise, and also the ignorant. Because there I would have a tool of understanding. Something that will help us achieve change. I'm not intent to demonize or ostracize humankind, I wish for progress through understanding. I don't believe I hold the power nor the will to change the world. I'm not exempt to anger, negativity and the other. I am part of the cycle and much like everyone, I have my flaws. But I believe that a wish can be granted only if man finds the need and the will to do so. But how to move a nation? Or change the will of a person? How to eradicate fear, anger and close-mindedness? A man's will is different, to shatter bone is much easier than shattering ideals. Not many will share a haughty goal where man is powered simply by selfless need. We are all a tad selfish, we need to understand that. However, how can we use that to power an ideal for a better future? I don't wish for machines to be upgraded nor a cure for an illness. Although it maybe beneficial, mankind's mayor problem is with itself. We treat other lesser than ourselves, I myself have felt this sensation. We all had at one point, but, I wish to stop. But at the same, I feel it's impossible.

Mankind, humankind in it's essence it's flawed. Who am I to change the fate of the world? I was given the power of the King. I am King. That's is what's certain to me as what I am cannot be explained. I have the form of a human, the look of one, the ideals of one. I wish to form a better future not only for me, but for the people. At the same time, I wish to eradicate the vileness of the city, I want the flames of justice to eradicate those who's belief and philosophies are being implemented into the lives of the innocent. Yet I know that as King, I must not choose one of the other. A path where I keep in the straight and narrow, I wish to elude my senses and disclose to the world the change that's about to ensue. But, there is not change, I will not change the world, I have not the ability, even as King, to do as such.

I will not save the pigs who dared look down on the society they themselves are built upon. Who's to say? I am no God to bring salvation to any, neither am I the Devil, that brings damnation to the evil. I follow a path paved with questions unanswered.

However, I am still King.

Yet, I have not the will nor the power to move and so, I've become the king without the crown. That which marks my ancestors is lost to me. And so, I masquerade. He who has the freedom and the will to take things into his own perspective, which higher status of man is greater than that of a King? I am not bound by the chains of society, neither will I step against the heroes that dare halt my path. No matter what goal or ideal you might weigh on you shoulder. There is no man above me. And as such, I've become the combination of all kings.

When I am bequeathed with it's power, I am only know as the man of the mask...

Aeon.​

28. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

Lillian observed the tension in Mike's form closely, then relaxed as he seemed to drop the matter. Odd. For all intents and purposes, she thought that he'd...more than likely have taken that a bit further. She sensed the Alvin observed it as well. She stalked back to the Mayor's side, crossing her arms as she leaned her hips back against the front of his desk. Still, it wasn't wise to dwell on the reason why he dropped the matter. Knowing how she used to be, he'd get even later, and it'd be a whole nother thing.

"Right," she observed, in agreement with Higgins. Still, she wouldn't mind shocking a few away, in the end.

29. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

Central Saint Haven

_________​

Alex relaxed slightly as the two Higgins' spoke, nodding at Kimberly. James frowned at this slightly. She seemed to know him from somewhere, the way she spoke to him with such familiarity. Then again, the mayor referred to the man as 'friend', so it's possible that he was a family acquaintance or some such. James mentally shrugged, deciding that it wasn't really all that important and looked at Lillian, the aura coating his fist dissipating into wisps of light, but his eyes remaining the gold colour, examining the woman curiously. "Weird." James muttered. Within the container, he saw two souls. One was a smooth, icy blue, while another was a vibrant green. He blinked a few times in rapid succession, trying to make sure he wasn't seeing things, then shut off his power. "That woman is housing two souls." It was something he'd never seen before. Was that even possible? How could a body house two spirits?

Then, realizing that there had been new arrivals since he had introduced himself, the young demi-god decided to do the polite thing and introduce himself. "Oh, er, hi. I'm James Brooklyn, 17 years old." He introduced himself, then gave another attempt at a smile, finding it slightly easier to move his face in this way than before. James was sure the mayor knew what his abilities were, but he didn't quite want everyone else to know what it was... yet. Not when he didn't know what they could do.

Higgins nodded. "Excellent idea, James." He said, beaming at the rest of the group. "Why don't you introduce yourselves to each other first? I want to make sure we all get to know each other first before the presentation of the team tomorrow." The mayor said, and for a moment, James detected a glimpse of genuine excitement and anticipation in the mayor's voice. The demi-god felt a twinge of guilt at this, but remained silent, still reluctant to reveal what he could do.

30. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

Joe disliked the job he was tasked with. The mobile device in his hand bleeped as the mafia member drew closer to his destination. The radar back in the base had detected a large signature of electromagnetic energy radiating from this area - one of the few locations in west Saint Haven not directly influenced by the mafia. This wasn't why James didn't like the job, though. The way he saw it, there were only two outcomes for this. One, this was just a giant waste of time and he spent time he could have used to get drunk doing a menial errand. Two, violence happens. The Italian was a capable fighter in his own right, but he was never one for brawls. Unlike most of his trigger-happy family, he preferred not to take out and load led into people. He sighed, finally arriving at his destination.

To his eyes, the apartment looked fairly unremarkable. Like most of the other buildings in west Saint Haven, it was covered in graffiti, the walls trimmed with moss and plant growth. His device seemed to disagree with his judgment, though, beeping more and more rapidly as he drew closer to the door. It was if the device had grown a mind of it's own at this point, radiating with anticipation as they neared the source. Joe's middle knuckle rapped at the wooden door, and then he waited.