1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Iceman vs. Magneto

Discussion in 'Comics Battledome' started by Kuya, Oct 4, 2006.

Iceman vs. Magneto

1. Iceman

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Magneto

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Both are bloodlusted and can fight to their fullest potential.

Fight is in San Francisco. Near a lot of water and near a lot of metal.

Someone on these forums once said to me Iceman at his full potential is greater then Magneto. Was he/she right? Who wins???

Tags:
  2. Vicious für immer

3. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

Magneto's body won't last in the end in such a taxing battle.

4. Gooba Join us

Iceman's fullest potential wins. He is omega, he just doesn't use it in the current comics.

5. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Can someone please explain to me omega. And also, Magneto isn't omega? And my last question, soooo that character Omega Red > Magneto? Please explain, thank u.

6. Gunners .

Omega mutant I think it means those with limitless potential. Iceman has limitless potential.

Anyway at his peak I don't think much people could stop him.

7. mustang BOOM

Iceman is an omega-class mutant, Magneto is an alpha. With his full potential Iceman is stronger than Magneto. With his full potential he probably have complete control over all forms of energy(cold=absenseof heat, you can't produce cold, so basically Iceman is controlling heat and since heat is energy he controls energy). So a easy way for him to win is just turn the metals into gas by heating it alot(using kinetic energy) or just freeze all the blood in magneto's body.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  8. Gooba Join us

Omega means limitless potential, like gunners said. Magneto is an Alpha, which is as powerful as you can get with a limit. Omega Red, is not a mutant, his name just happens to have Omega in it for no reason other than to sound cool.

9. Galt Corporate America

Also, Omega red is just a name. He's pretty low class, not much more than a speedbump to either of these characters at their full power. Magneto, Xavier, Cyclops, etc. are all very powerful, but an omega has literally limitless potential, and in Iceman's particular case, he can't really die considering he's just a free-floating consciousness that happens to manipulate kinetic energy.

10. Thepimpinest Not a newbie

11. Keiryu Naruto-kuunn!

Definitly Iceman. :nod

12. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Oh so limitless potential. Wow i would never think Iceman would be greater then Magneto. Sooo the Hulk is omega then, cuz isn't his power limitless?

13. Galt Corporate America

Hulk's not a mutant.

14. The Sentry Banned

15. Shidoshi Cross Marian: Ninjai's Father

Magneto could diamagnetically suspend Iceman in the air, or surround him in a magnetic force bubble that could electrostatically attract air molecules away from him, thereby asphixiating Iceman...if such were even possible.

I have a feeling that in order for Magneto to have a hope of winning, he'd have to do whatever he could do very quickly.

Otherwise, Magneto could do nothing but try to stop Iceman from killing him by protecting himself in a magnetic force bubble...probably stay warm by magnetically inducing infrared energy around him to give off "heat".

Otherwise, he wouldn't last.

16. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

Hulk's not a mutant. He's a mutate, if the term is correct.

And if anyone knows about Omega-level mutants and Omega-level threats, it's me (I'm conducting research for a mutant tier list, later to be posted, similar to my cosmic tier).

And there's a differecne between the classifications of mutant and threat.

17. ZergKage Well-Known Member

Polaris handled Iceman pretty well in Uncanny so i'd think on avg Mags would be better but this is full potential

Mags at full potential has no body, he is one with the magnetic force
    Iceman also has no true body

Maybe a stalemate

*Stirs the pot*

18. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

Magneto at full potential would be the unified field theory incarnate. Joseph, his clone, merged with the Earth's magentic field.

Although Magneto controls on of the four fundamental forces of the universe, he's still restrained by his physical body (his body can only take so much when using his powers at max capability) and being unable to exist without physical form.

Iceman can effectively exist without the need of a physical body. He's sentient water vapour, and can reform himself as long as there is traces of water moisture within a few km radius, if I remember correctly.

Magneto can do a lot more than Iceman, but isn't capable of holding up in the long run.

19. unknowndanex D-Rob

bloodlusted, magneto's body will take a lot because he can just absorb energy to regain his stamina and power. of course i'm assuming this is a fight to a win instead of fight to the death cause iceman is basically immortal now. if its a fight to the death there is no point of this fight, but if its a fight for a win................

magneto bloodlusted has access to way more things than iceman, he can tap into the magnetosphere at will and just cut all power and all lights and iceman will not be able to even see what is going on. bloodlusted or not, iceman can easily be knocked out.......northstar and aurora already did it in X-Men 189.
    he could just absorb the heat energy that iceman emits, he absorb storms lightning to rejuvenate himself at one point

in a regular bloodlusted battle for the KO, magneto would take iceman down IMO.
    fight to the death........whats the point of this?

omega is just that u can exist beyond physical presence (hence existing as gas). u can do things without another source (magneto is alpha cause he must draw on energy or magnetosphere for more power if need be). the only time an omega level mutant will reach limitless power is when they reach the phoenix. vulcan is even beyond omega level.

20. Galt Corporate America

Didn't they renege on that statement about Vulcan being above omega-level, because the writer in question completely forgot that omega level is basically like from whatever upwards onto infinity?

21. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

Ed Brubaker screwed up on that one, once he found out what Omega level denoted. He did admit the mistake.

Vulcan's abilities have been increased TO Omega level, as seen in part 2 of the Rise & Fall of the Shi'ar Empire.

22. unknowndanex D-Rob

ok, anyways omega just means closest to reaching full potential (which is Phoenix), not limitless. using an argument saying Iceman is using his full potential means u are technically putting magneto up against a phoenix force. going off the level where Iceman is now, Magneto should win the bout.

23. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

although iceman is more powerful mags has many more years of experience and more skill imo so its kinda hard but the longer the fight goes on the less chance mags has of winning

24. superbatman86 Aku Soku Zan

He doen't have a limit to how far he can get water from.Now he can apparantly just create it.

25. superbatman86 Aku Soku Zan

The only reason Lorna did well against Iceman was because he didn't want to hurt her.Which he has no qaulms about with Magneto.

26. Guy Gardner "I'm the crazy one."

He just can't 'Create' water from nothing. That'd be in violation of the Law of Conservation of Energy. So now he can mix, match, and split atoms to create new elements and such?

27. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

I'm curious to see this myself.

28. unknowndanex D-Rob

nooooooooo, he needs some type of moisture or hydrogen and oxygen around (or molecules that can be mixed to it). he can't just create water outta nowhere. that would mean he can create oxygen or hydrogen, and in the recent X-Men 190 he was gasping for air and mystique had to go help him.

29. mustang BOOM

Iceman doesn't emit heat energy, he have complete control over energy(similar to Vulcan) he creates ice by dispelling or absorbing heat from the water moisture around him. Do you honestly think with both having full potential unlocked, that an alpha level mutant can compete with an omega level in a fight with the same mutant power? Magneto can absorb energy less than Iceman can.

30. Havoc Basted God

He doesn't have complete control over energy, I don't know where you got that.