1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ichi the Killer

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by CrazyMoronX, Mar 26, 2005.

1. CrazyMoronX

Who has seen this movie? I searched and searched, but didn't find any topics on it. Anyway, I just got done watching it. Apparently it's based off of a manga that I had no idea existed, but nevertheless, it's a very crazy movie. It's super violent, bloody, plenty of prostitute beatings, rapes, and a little bit of sad-mashochistic torture sprinkled on for spice, a real family movie. Anyway, I suggest you rent it, get your mom, grandma, aunts uncles, whatever, pop a bag or two of popcorn, gather round the TV with your children, younger siblings, and random street kids, and watch this next weekend!

Tags:
  2. aLkeMiSt

This movie was pretty gruesome.. I shouldn't have eaten while watching this.

3. CrazyMoronX

Wow someone actually saw this movie, or at least admitted to seeing it... I almost gave up on this little thread that could... My favorite part was when the snitch guy took his clothes off. I'm not gay, honest.

4. itachi_kage

i'm not sure if i saw the first one or the second...i was just weirded out...the dude got wood watching the other guy fight. the blood wasn't too bad i guess, especially if it's based off a manga. wouldn't watch it again though, kind of boring with little story.

5. narutorulez

i own both the anime prequel and the 2 disc special edition of ichi the killer!the movie is awsome!

6. Cupboards

I saw some previews of this movie and really .. this movie is sick

Gonna have to watch it ..

7. kane_x

Itchi the Killer is one violent, bloody and gruesome movie. That's why I liked it. My favorite part must be the legendary "tongue cutting" scene.

8. narutorulez

is Ichi 1 anygood?im gonna order it

9. Ichimaru Gin

never seen or heard of it...

also what the hell is in your sig?

10. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

Heh. I haven't watched the movie. I've read the manga. Some NICE quoteable lines of dialogue in that one...

"Take his corpse to the bathroom and fuck him" - Kakihara to one of his henchmen

I still haven't figured out what's with that old man, though. He's so strange...

11. Literally Exaggerated

saw it, it was alright, i guess. fucking gross, to be sure, but as a movie, it was vastly inferior to, say, Oldboy

12. OmniStrife

Seen the movie, read the manga, it's awesome if you're into that crap, horrible if you're not...

13. Rurouni

I've read the manga only. I watched the first half of the trailer and stopped it. I'd rather reread the manga ^^;;

14. Gunshin

Asano Tadanobu is a great actor. I haven't seen him in anything I didn't like.

15. junidaime

I've seen it...OMFG!! what was up with that little BUFF guy that was brainwashing ichi!?! Dude like...he like...he broke a dude with his bare hands...and I was like...like...WTF!! :amazed

oh and Omnistrife, your sig is the scariest thing I've seen...EVER! :amazed

16. Lammy

Hehehe yeah it's one of my favourite movies. I've got the special editoon 2 disc one, I've seen the unedited, seen the prequel, and the anime, and read the manga. The movie and anime aint that gorey... it's pretty cool though. Jijii is ace, lol when he stripped off I totally didn't expect that at all! And what does everyone think to the movie ending? Pretty strange huh?

And Asano is a great actor, he really plays a different Kakihara well. Though Kakihara in the manga and anime is nothing like the movie (he's more crazy over the top etc) and the manga is quite sick. It has harm times 10, plus penis abuse.

The prequel isnt that great, it looks like it was shot on DV and looks cheap compared to the original, but it's alright. No where near as violent but if you sit back you'll enjoy it.

17. NekkiBasara

yeah this movie was the shit...the ending was fuckin weird as hell ...i havent seen the anime at all and didnt know it was based on a manga....kakihara one of the coolest characters

18. ReMiXau

when i first saw a preview for it i jsut had to have this movie.. a bt tracker later and i had it and loved it!
    i took it to a mates place put it on the projecter and people just looked at me really weird lol guess they didnt like it.
    i just about got kicked out of college for putting this on the shared drive too!
    guess its a touchy movie for some people lol

19. CrazyMoronX

The ending was pretty strange to say the least... now if only Rock Lee would trade his green jump suit for the suit Ichi was wearing, then he would be a killer ninja.

20. narutorulez

where can i get the manga of it?

21. YamiB.

Whenever I try to watch this movie it always happens to be really late so I fall asleep. Last time I made it to the tounge cutting scene.

22. Dimezanime88

I know this thread is dead, but can someone explain to me what the fuck the ending was about?!!!

23. Kaki

Well, one idea is that Kakihara committed suicide because it was the last thrilling act of masochism he could do. He'd done all the other pain-inflicting stuff to himself (and others); suicide was the final frontier, the ultimate high, however I no longer agree with that simple conclusion.
    I looked at the film carefully several times I retained certain things that indicate this; real and unreal are the same in the film.

Every character seems to be living some sort of dream. Everyone seems to be manipulated by Jijii. There's a particular sequence in the film that indicates this, for me.
    The ramen restaurant scene:

Cut - Kaneko sitting in front of Ichi
    Cut - Ichi looks behind Kaneko and sees Kakihara
    Cut - The camera pulls off Kakihara to Kaneko again, and we hear Takeshi speaking to him
    Cut - We see Takeshi in front of Kaneko
    Cut - Kaneko talks to him and starts eating his ramen
    Cut - Shot is Kaneko eating, in front of Ichi, who seems to have heard Kaneko's words to Takeshi (?!)
    Cut - Ichi starts eating the ramen

Cut - Jijii running with his plastic mask trough the street (apparently it's night)
    Cut - Crow flying off a nest (still seemingly night)

Cut - Ichi sleeping, head layed on Jijii's shoulder in a large room on a big building.
    Notice that Jijii is in front of Ichi, sitting in the sofa, but when Ichi runs off the apartment, Jijii appears from the room behind where Ichi was sitting. From a bedroom. Perhaps Jijii woke up at that point and we were watching his dream?

It can be that the dream was of Kakihara's (or maybe that bathtub scene was in fact a hell, and Kakihara was dead?, or morelikely it was him "waking up" one of those things where the whole thing was a dream, or at least part of it. That scene is critical (and a bit scary) but I can not surmize what all it implies. My best conclusion of Jiji killing himself is that he was part of Ichi's mind, he is an individual with a very fractured mind....

The whole film does have this dream "logic" and feel, if you will. Like as if everything strangely makes sense, but one can't explain quite how...

Read the Manga.
    You find the meaning yourself.

24. Dimezanime88

I knew it was a manga! The movie felt like an adaptation! What I don understand, even though u pointed it out, is specifically why Jiiji hanged himself, wat was wit da bathtup scene, and who was dat guy at the end which the crow flew by and then went straight 2 credits? Plus, wat exactly happened 2 Ichi and Takeshi?

25. cloin

If you think Ichi's ending is bizarre or open-ended, just try watching Miike's film Gozu.

26. Kaki

Some think that Jiji was killed by takeshi who was the kid you saw last before the credits. Another ldea is that it was a part of Ichi's or Takeshi!?'s mind that die in a mental sense....
    The bathtub scene to me seems like Kakihara is just waking up, thus it is very significant, it may invalidate some of what has haped in the the movie, the idea that it is hell becose they showed him dead on the pavement is rather vage and unconclusive. Thus I tend to belive he is in a bath tub in reality, and an untold amount of the film wa his day dream or something. It's hard to draw solid conclusions so just find whatever suits you best, and go with it. I won't go on about any other more off the wall theories now....

BTW DAMN YOU for putting that pic in your sig, put some spoiler tags around it or something.........that was the freakiest part of the movie, yes yes I realize thats your objective....also I may want to take it over if you find a new image for that spot....

27. Dimezanime88

lol, jus deleted da movie. I'm gonna be keepin dat sig for awhile.:D Anyways, thanks for that info. But can I know something. If the boy at the end was Takeshi, how the hell did he grow soo fast? And how was he able to defeat the muscle bound Jiiji? Or was dat part of Kakihara's dream since dat seemed to be alittle confusing.

28. Luciferxxxxx

I luv it... extremely violent, bloody, rapes, p*d*p****, licks cut off dick, berserk, evil-laughed, ETC........... IS my favorite, dude... I laughed this is funny movie.... awesome... :eek: seeeee Dimezanime's very nice siggy.

anyone loves Yakuza have in Ichi The Killer series. wanna join Yakuza FC.

:cool

29. Kaki

Takeshi, how the hell did he grow soo fast? And how was he able to defeat the muscle bound Jiiji?
    It may not have been takeshi that defeated jiji, It's hard to say what the relations between jiji, takeshi and Ichi are.....

30. shizuru

i've got it on dvd and iv only watched it once i thought it was really good (anime movie im talking about) i should really see the live action one as well....