1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Ichigo's Current Level

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Tenderfoot, May 29, 2005.

1. Tenderfoot Hemit

Now that Ichigo managed to beat up Kuchiki or Rukia's brother in law, could we consider him now a full Captain level shinigami, or was it just a lucky short and Rukia's brother let Ichigo beat the crap out of him?
    Assuming that Ichigo is now Captain level is he to be respected by Soul Society and included in the chase after Aizen or is he going to be ignored as a human- death God?

Tags:
  2. Nybarius Ennui Bores Me

I have a hunch he'll be involved in the chase.

3. AdrianWerner Member

Oh..he's definitly a captain level, one of strongest ones may I add

4. unimatrixzer0 I was violated by Sasuke X(

I'd say so, he already beat or tied with two other captains. Even if it was luck, part of any victory deals in some kind of luck. Luck that you happen to be stronger, or that your execute your final move with more accuracy than your opponent.

Also when Ichigo is about to face Rukia's brother in law, before he learns his Ban Kai, the other captain standing next to him states whoever is approaching them is clearly at the captain level.

5. Tenderfoot Hemit

this is just exciting Ichigo hitting Captain level so fast. Hmm i wonder.... Ichigo is probably gonna be given further training right, i mean if he is to be nominated to go after Aizen he has to get stronger. I wonder if that Master dude with the bold head is gonna train him either way bleach is getting exciting even Orihime's healing powers are high level ^_^

6. RaitoRyuukashin Banned

Yea i think thats why the rules to becoming a captain was Stated. If you beat a captain infront of how many witnesses you can become one. Ichigo will have to fight at least one of them and win.

7. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

He beat Renji, Zaraki, and Byakuya...I think under those circumstances...he qualifies :wink

8. Code Zoamelgustar

Ichigo will get further training, but then the reason he improved so fast is becasue there was another level to achieve. He's always had his shikai so he was quite strong, he was able to call out it's name that putting him to the top tier of people who can call out its name. Then he learned bankai, brining him to a high captain level. So I don't think he'll grow nearly as strong unless he decides to not ignore his hollow self and improve on that. Aizen was talking about a shinigami limit so I guess Ichigo has probably reached that in terms of huge growth(I'm sure anyone can train to get stronger physically and I guess learn new moves such as new demon arts just not another bankai or something making them have huge growth). So he won't neccessarily improve at the rate he has. Renji was the same, with his shikai he was quite high level but he would be put down by a captain fast. After he got his bankai he was able to actually touch Byakuya which is a very big growth.

9. monk3 Ryokan Pride

he can become a captain if he wants to. the requirements to be a a captain is that one must defeat the captain, and acheive ban kai. well seeing how ichigo can meet those requirements he can definetly become a captain

10. Code Zoamelgustar

Was it ever stated that ahieving a bankai is a captain requirement?

11. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

Tousen explained the 3 ways to becoming captian,and Ban Kai wasn't uttered...but it might be one of those test requirements...

plus, look at Kenpachi, he doesn't even know the name of his "Soul Cutter" but he's definitely a Captian level Shinigami. :amuse

12. RaitoRyuukashin Banned

I think Zenpachi said something about captains needing to know both or it was someone and then we learned that he made captain just by killing another one.

13. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

'Xactly, one of the ways was to defeat a previous captian 1 on 1.

14. Tenderfoot Hemit

Since Ichigo has defaeted Two captains, One vice captain and the second or was it third seat to Captain and of course the ones he deafeated. I believe are one of the powerful ones, i don't Kuchiki or Rukia's brother can be considered as weak, still stands true i might be wrong. If this is really the case here then Ichigo has the potential to be one if not the most powerful Shinigami ever (oh..mm..this might be obvious, just don't flame for that).
    Anyway it's just amazing for Ichigo to be Captain level after such a short time under training..nah its actuallly scary lol, just shows he is a genius of geniuses..do you agree ^_^?..or am i now pushing it..
    Anyway my point hear is that is it Possible that Ichigo will be offered a seat lets say the 14th seat..comprising of his partners Chad, Ishida etc..and they will be a team heading the outside world protection from Hollows since they originally are still humans.

15. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Im thinking Urahara will show up and explain the concept of a Hybrid or Yoruichi will do it, then they'll probably figure out that they need to take him with them.

Even if that doesn't happen, i don't see how they can ignore the help of someone who defeated the 6th division captain and vice-captain and the 11th division captain.

16. Weavern Shadow of Fate

He may be captain in power but not in stature. He is still tecnically alive so i really dont think that he will be getting captain rank. Generally to be a captain or any other position in the soul society you have to be a soul eh? So unless they are going to be breaking rules or make him honorary position it isnt going to happen. Now he did defeat 2 captains but we dont know if he can reproduce it as was said in 180 in relation to Zenpachi .

17. Mindless Ergo Proxy

Ichigo, strenght wise, if I may add, is of a captain level probably equal to Byakuya. But his attitude? Experience? Like a spoiled brat.

He's not captain material yet, that's for sure. :p

18. Tenderfoot Hemit

Strength wise he can't be on Byakuya's level coz he pawned him, didn't he?

19. Code Zoamelgustar

Well taken out all his hidden powers, we don't even know if he's on Kenpachi level after bankai training. He fought with Byakuya, he was doing well, then he started to get "owned" till the hollow kicked in and it hurt Byakuya enough to make them finish the fight in 1 blow. So if you don't consider thosethings, Byakuya is above Ichigo. Same with Kenpachi, when Kenpachi got serious, he was cutting apart Ichigo's shikai zangetsu, then he had his talk with zangetsu and his hollow self saying the body will soon be his, then comes the aura in the shape of his hollow self and he still lost though you might consider is a draw.

But throw all the unpredictable powers in then yeah he is on Byakuya's level but not owning him as he won't let it out long enough if it does come out(if it doesn't he's below Byakuya's level) to make him completely win. So if he's a captain, well he's captain level without it but he wont' be one of the stronger ones if his powers isn't static.

20. Tenderfoot Hemit

Hmm True, but one thing be said though, he is close, and after some time maybe from a little training form that wise old man or Urahara who seems to knwo shortcuts and understand Ichigo's capablities he will hopefully be one of the most powerful Captains which will make him applicable to go after Aizen coz i have a feeling Aizen is way beyond Captain level.

21. xIxNarutoxIx legal nin

Lets not forget that Ichigo stopped that crazy ass execution thing (sorry too lazy to look up the name). That blade supposedly had the power of 1,000,000 soul cutters. thats pretty crazy....

the thing with Aizen is that he does not necessarily have to be extremely strong, its just that his "total" hypnosis gives him that appearance...

22. naiujiro Cali Smash Bros. Champ

Ummm,... I don't know if you guys might have forgotten, but Ichigo beat: 6th captain and vice-captain, 11th captain, and three vice captains (when saving Rukia, remember he smashed them without his sword).
    *but back to the topic, his growth is great, but he still has yet to access his spirit potential, he has mainly increased his sword skills,... which was quite apparent in the battle with Rukia's brother, since his swordsmanship had to increase to handle his bankai. His ability to release his spirit power has progressed the least. He seems to only be able to release a small amount of it, regardless of his training so far. But I would love to see Ichigo practice some demon-arts using the trick he learned,... especially some arts in the 90's. ^_^b

23. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

The only reason the hollow was above Ichigo was because it had more knowledge of their bodies powers than Ichigo does.

The shear difference in skill between Ichigo and Byakuya was only overcome because of his unreal power, the entire fight (minus the hollow part) including the final attack were all not at Ichigo's true power. When the Hollow was fighting Byakuya was nothing, a game for amusement. According to the Hollow Ichigo knew nothing about how to really use the Ban Kai.

Against Kenpachi, he wasn't using his full power either. He doesn't know how. Kenpachi only destroyed his sword during the time before Ichigo learned to call forth any power at all (I believe it was before Zangetsu talked with him).

In his Ban Kai or Hollow form, Kenpachi would be a game as well. If Ichigo ever learns to truly tap his Hybrid powers he would be unstoppable, if he learned how to use all of his swords skills he would be all the more monstrous.

24. naiujiro Cali Smash Bros. Champ

I agree completely. ^_^b. But I wanna see some demon arts by Ichigo, I can't wait to see him utilize that in battles, cause swinging a sword only goes so far,... come to think of it, swinging a sword pretty much goes the whole distance in a fight,... but damn it I wanna see more demon arts!

25. Manji Yoshimitsu Exorcist

For me, Ichigo is defenitly Captain levell ex.

1) He beat a other Captain, which you most do, see the Zenpaki against the other captains fight).

2) He acquired Ban Kai.

So he's defenitly a Captain :amuse

26. SloppyJoe The One and Only

IMO he is not captain level. He wihtout a doubt has the abitly to beat a captain. But a captain is more than just strength. He has to have the abitly to lead, wich I really dont see Ichigo doing very much. He just pushes everyone away and trys to take everything on himself. He needs to recongnize the powers of his party AND most definatly needs to train with his sword. Just some good sparing would help him because he hasnt had much practice.

27. Wrath Mourning

Well he had more sheer spirit power than Kenpachi with eyepatch (which drains his energy significantly), who was able to fight and beat at least one Captain (Tousen, fox dude, etc) while wearing it. Ban Kai increases his effective power by somewhere between 5 and 10 times, as stated by Yoruichi, and possibly it gives Ichigo more of an increase because he's the hero.

So he has the sheer spirit power needed and a Ban Kai, so in terms of power he's definitely worthy of being a Captain... on the other hand he doesn't have any skill with demon arts whatsoever, and I don't think his movement skills are that great.

Basically there are five areas to measure him in:

Power: He's got sheer spirit power on the level of the best in the Bleach world.
    Sword arts: He's pretty good. He's trained and fought quite a bit with his Soul Cutter, he knows how to unleash his Bankai although he's not too great with it yet and he can use his Shikai properly.
    Movement: I think this refers to the funky teleporting and air-walking powers Shinigami have. Don't remember Ichigo ever really showing any skill in this area. He's got the flying crest though.
    Body: Now this he's good at. He can use his spirit power to amp his body drastically, and he showed he's pretty damn good when he pwned those three vice captains without his sword.
    Demon: No skill whatsoever. This is where he needs to concentrate to really make an improvement.

28. Dessyway Genjutsu user

Ichigo sure is at a captain lvl now.. but i somehow think that he wont be 1.. if he really become a captain.. he need to stay at SS.. wat abt his family on eath.. wat abt his earth friend who cant be a captain at all

29. Tenderfoot Hemit

Whoever said to be a captain you gotta stay in Soul Society, maybe he will be a Captain of those in the Real world enforcing Peace lol..and when he needs re-enforcements he just calls the other captain's groups in soul society:amuse

30. Wrath Mourning

The reason why it would make sense for him to become a Captain is that it gives a hook for him to stay in/visit SS. Considering how there are way more characters we've met in SS than there are on Earth, it wouldn't make sense for Ichigo to just leave SS behind.