1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

If God does exist's...then he's a flippin genius...

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by The Transporter, Nov 3, 2005.

1. The Transporter Still.....Curiously Insane....

Okay, hang in there with me, this is goin to get ugly....

Basically, if he is real, he is a genuis. He has created a society that can activley CURSE it's very creator, or deny it's existance even. He has made a Society were he influence's EXTREMLEY little(If at all), and people would STILL choose to believe him....

And, most important of all, he has created a Society were it's creation has the right to CHOOSE, period.

Now, realistically, put yourself in an Omnipotent God's place....could you do that?

Could you create a society that can curse your name, and not just simply will it to be so? Could you actually create a society where you would be a powerful influence, yet do virtually nothing?

And, more importantly, could you create a society that can activley CHOOSE between Eternity with you, and Oblivion....

No, really, I'm curious...

If you could show that, it would be fantastic, and a nice little read as well...

Just wondering...

-Simon

Tags:
  2. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

That's one of the biggest arguements I use against religion.

3. ANBU87 Member

my names simon too XD
    anyways, create a perfect world, let the devil run loose...somewhat. and give humans free will. I believe its called "how adam and eve(mostly or almost all eve) screwed over the entire human race"

4. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

I am an atheist!

-@
    Transporter- An esay argument for someone who believes in God is as follows. Your thinking is limited to human terms- God is trancesdent, hence need not trivialize things such as devotion onto him- nor act like a manipulator of chess piece- God is beyond such trivialities.

Creation, doesn't mean control, or reconzitation for God, this trait is something prevalent in only humans. In order to understand the perpectived of the creator, think in terms of Ubersech, one creates one's own sense of morality and value in one actions, hence God did/does what he does... because God believes that;s how it should go...etc etc etc on and on etc

Ps:Extasenstualismi s cool by the way... Ahem! and Omg Psycoanalytic theory is forcing me to (ahem still in the process) about the niz, the freud and da jung dudes

5. Deathinstinct Member

I think this sums it up nicely.

6. Near Seeker of Truth

IF god is far more complicated then the human being, and we have yet to understand "us" fully, how can we even begin to shape "what/who/when/why is god".

God <---Thats the only way we could define it in any sense.

7. Yukimura k.fmgdf,m, impossible

Okay...for a more intelligent version of this post, read shika shika boo's.

Anyway...

God gives us the choice to choose between Him and oblivion because he doesn't want to force you to follow him. If you're truly happier worshipping some idol, then fine, he won't force you to convert. He does this because He loves us, and wants to give us a choice in what to believe. As S_S_B said, he's above such petty matters such as ultimate control or whatnot.

8. DOK Butt pirate

its called free will

i think :S

9. NashNinja Your standard issue ninja

If God does exist, then he's a flippin wierdo, or a least that would be true if this is a true to the Bible God, which is an absolutely absurd entity.

Personally, God, if he does exist, would be nothing like the one ddepicted in the biblical tales of wonderful nonsense. I would assume that he would have most likely have set things in motion to create a universe like the one we inhabit today, and have left it at that. God would then be somewhat feasable, being the presense that indirectly created the universe, but not exactly having all that other junk, and the scientific theory of evolution would be able to run alongside it without any contradiction.

Then again, as easy as it would be for God to set off the chain reaction to put all things into existence, it wouldn't be too hard for a non divine event of some form to set off said chain reaction. I'm a bit skeptical about the whole God thing myself. I'm not saying that having faith is bad, but blind faith, extreme faith, and most organized faith isn't so hot.

10. maj1n Active Member

So you say God is great for creating society that can choose to believe him and still curse him.

Well Humans are just as great, what do you think Democracy is? Bush must be near god-like for being able to run America and STILL have people believe him AND give him so much criticism.

11. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

if god existed he would be a bastard for keeping us prisoners. it would be all a cruel joke of him. yes i could make the same thing just give people a certain destiny and i'm done and since I can do this in infinity in one second that was pretty easy.

12. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

now what is the real question you want to ask, or the thing you find awkward in the world?

13. McAtrix New Member

I'm an athiest,and you guys won't beleive how screwed you would get around islamic countries for saying this stuff in public.They would kill you in an instant for saying things like God doesn't exist,because they have been worshipping their God for so long they would not accept this,due to the fact that they wasted their life worshipping a figment of their imagination.Unlike Christians,who seem to be able to accept this stuff without resorting from little to no violence.Now if you'll excuse me,I have to get going.*runs away from angry muslim mobs*

14. neko-sennin AKA shadesmaclean

I just see it as proof that 99% of human beings are fiercely determined *not to* think for themselves.

15. metalanime I like Tits

thats not genius. I truly powerful being really woudnt give a shit how we felt. Especially if he is forever. Thats if he exists.

16. Kurairu Lords of Insufficient Light

*Atheist* He doesn't inerfere because he doesn't exist, in my opinion.

17. Intrepid Magpie of Hyuugacest FC

*clap clap. hugs* Thank you

That's pretty much what I wanted to say.

We can't really use your eyes to look into God's position. Of course I would want to create a society that is under my absolute control, so would you. We are all power hungry to different extends. However God is not, He does not have any of the desires that we have. He loves us and wants us to be happy, the only way to happiness lies within ourselves. I believe that to find happiness is to seek God within yourself. It's similar to parenting, some parents have the intent of God, they protect their children and want for nothing else but for their children to be happy. Other parents, are the common human intent, they want their children to respect them (although you should respect your parents) and want their children to do what they want (become whatever profession and make money, etc).
    He does not restrict us, because:
    1. He wants us to be happy
    2. You can't believe in something unless you do so with your own free will. You can practice a religion, but that doesn't mean you believe it. This is why although I'm Christian, I'll raise my kids Atheis.
    3. Repeating what I said, He is God. He does need power, He already has enough, and is well satisfied with what He has.

Why can't we just place all these God posts in one thread? Every once in a while a new thread about this would spring up. Wouldn't it be so much better to make a sticky God thread?

18. Nost Key Framer

Im not sure that the argument stands, wouldn't it be harder to enforce us the be devoted to him? and also it would be a hell of alot less interesting.
    well weather thats a reason to dought his existance or not one things for sure,
    He sure does like beetles.

that and his sons smiling believers gave me coffee and a BLT when i was drunk the other night, and without any sort of "JOIN-US" or any promotion at all! I respect people to dont force it on you, and give you free coffee.
    I guess they were cleaning up the world by sobering up one drunk at a time.

19. fukush Banned

Ever played Black And White? :amuse

20. Sniper Not a crook

From what i hear, god either wants you to live with him, or basicly suffer. He slike michael jackson. He gives you 2 options, and you have to obey a religion even if its againts your will, and then you have to live by it for ure life.

Thats gay.

21. Aldredian_Sahn On the Road of Truth again

Well, you're either with God or your not. If you're with God, then you get all the benefits of what It is. If you're against God, then you lack everything It is, which is supposedly Hell. How can you only get half a day's work and still get paid in full?

22. earthshine Banned

you are not making sense. god is omnipitent, he knows evrything, past, present, future.

when he made us, he already knew how it would turn out, and how it all would go, furthermore, if he does not like somthing, he could just alter reality and change it, so there is really no reason not to, as humans are a big source of entertainment for him i am sure

23. neko-sennin AKA shadesmaclean

Of course, if God's a Republican, it would sure explain a lot of things about this world.

24. Supreme-Shinobi cba man // cba

god got bored and created a live version of the sims, thats us.....the sims

however that backfired for him becuase when i die i will obtain powers far beyond that of god then i will destroy him and the universe, then create my own, based upon the world of one piece mixed in with elements of naruto and dragonball z, hell make it all animes mixed together, then i wont need to force followers as they'll all love the universe which is tons better than gods universe.

enough banter by me, back on topic i dont beleive in god and will refuse to beleive in any omnipotent being untill i see evidense with my own eyes.

25. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

christians accept it aslong it doesn't threaten there existence. In islam stories muhammed needed to kill al that doesn't believe so in islam it is logical to act that way towards opposition of their religion.

26. DevilB0i Banned

He aint a genius, he just have power to create life.

27. Intrepid Magpie of Hyuugacest FC

Benefits? Anyone who "believes" in God for benefits isn't a true believer, thus they will burn in hell. Faith is beyond what you could put into words, just because you say you are insert religion. I say I am Christian, but truthfully I only think I am. Am I really? There's a time for all of that to be decided.

28. Aldredian_Sahn On the Road of Truth again

I didn't say someone should believe in God for benefits. I said if one believes in God he will recieve God's benefits and if not, he won't. Heaven is where God resides; Hell is where His presense does not. But you're right about the faith part. Except, if you follow the ways of [Religion], then you are labeled as a follower because you follow its definition. If you don't, then you can't be. Of course one has to understand the definition before they can say they are the word that definition describes. And there can only be one definition for a single word or else things get messy...er...that's why Christianity has so many different churches.

29. *Basma* New Member

I am a muslim...
    Hello..
    this is my first post... i've been hanging around this forum for quite some time and after seeing this thread i decided i had to post..

now let me tell you something, Islam is not a religion that encourages killing in fact the meaning of the word islam is derived from the word "salam" which means peace. These people who commit Hideous crimes in the name of islam have no right to call themselves muslims because islam never was nor will it ever be a religion which encourages such things. God does exist .. want proof? look all around.. Every little creature that exists , everything that is around you proves that he does exists. and before i forget
    Our prophet Muhammed peace be upon his soul NEVER needed to kill all that doesn't believe so in islam! He despised bloodshed.. if battles had to be fought he fought bravely and courageously yes but only to keep Islam the proud religion it was and always will be.. i might have gone a bit off topic but i just couldn't stand how wrongly people seem to think of islam.. Not all you you hear about muslims is true ya know... :blink

30. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

God doesn't exist. At least not in the way 99% of people believe. Most of what people believe about God doesn't even make sense given that God is as omnipotent as they say He is.

The problem is that religion has become a substitute for God for most people. They believe that the Pope/clergy/rabbis/imams know what's best despite history speaking the harsh truth. I don't doubt the existence of Jesus, Moses or Muhammed, nor do I doubt the important things they did for humanity. What I do doubt is that they would come with the intent of creating organized, structured religions around them. That is something power-hungry humanity did for themselves.

Because humans are creatures with free will, they are going to doubt the existence of God. You cannot understand immortality within the bounds of the human body, which is mortal. That's why all the messengers engaged in acts of sacrifice; to demonstrate for us the possibility of the existence of God. Why would one love his enemies otherwise? Why would one go against the most powerful man in his civilization otherwise? Why would one battle against the fiercest of warriors otherwise? If death is all one has to look forward to, why do anything else?

If you can answer that question, then you can begin to find where the truth of the one we call God lies.