1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

If Shikamaru went back in time knowing the Sound's abilities, who would fight who?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Insipidipity, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Insipidipity

Just curious who you think Shikamaru would get to fight each of the Sound if he went back in time knowing what had happened

So he has at his disposal:
    Himself
    Naruto
    Kiba
    Lee
    Gaara
    Kankuro
    Temari
    Neji
    Chouji

And he knows he has to defeat:
    Jiroubou
    Tayuya
    Kidoumaru
    Sakon/Ukon
    Kimimaro
    Sasuke

He can have them fight however he chooses(he can do 1v1, team fights, etc.) How would he best arrange it?

Tags:
  2. Hagen

This should be in the battledome, i think.

Temari vs Kidomauro (long ranged vs long ranged)
    Kankurou vs Sakon/Ukon (again, puppets cannot be possesed)
    Neji and/or Kiba vs Tayuya (they can overcome illusions due to their improved senses)
    Chouji + Lee and/or Neji vs Jiroubo(without Chouji they would've died in the chakra prison after all)
    Naruto vs Sasuke
    Gaara and himself against Kimimaro (only Gaara can put up a fight against here)

But the fact is that Gaara could crush all the sound five (except for Kimimaro) by himself.
    and Kimimaro could crush everyone of them if he was healthy.

The most effective tactic Shikamaru could have done is :
    1-Send Gaara alone to kill all the sound 4
    2-then send the whole team against Kimimaro.

3. Sogeking

4. Insipidipity

Well this is more of an HoU thread because while it involves fighting, it's more of a "What would Shika do" rather than a "who would win"

Although I generally agree that Gaara could destroy most of the Sound 4 on his own. There might be a couple that could escape other than Kimimaro, not sure who.

5. ~Redchaos325~

Im pretty sure he would probably go with the same, way as it turned out... I mean only if Gaara turned up at the start wouod there be any need to change what happened.

6. Hagen

I cant figure out any of the sound four surviving Gaara's devastating attacks. They have no way to harm him in the first place.
    His sand barrier would stop any attack, arrows,punches,spiders, kunais etc maybe only Tayuyas genjutsu would affect him. But Gaara can destroy the whole forest/area just like Temari did.
    He can desert coffin their asses or bury them 200 mts underground. I really think they are harmless puppies compared to Gaara.

With Gaara defeating the sound four, then we have:
    Gaara + the whole team fresh and healthy vs Kimimaro.

They could outnumber and defeat Kimimaro, and do the same thing against Sasuke.And the mission would have been succesful.

7. martryn

Jiroubou - Naruto, easy win for Naruto I think. Once they were out of the chakra prison or whatever

Tayuya - Temari, can anyone argue that she has the perfect counter?

Kidoumaru - Kankuro, even if he gets webbed he still has both puppets he can manipulate with his fingers, and if one of his puppets gets webbed he can disassemble it and hit Kidou with a surprise attack.

Sakon/Ukon - Lee, Kiba, and Chouji. Three on two. Lee with a gate or his insane taijutsu would have owned Sakon or Ukon, and if they possessed him, open as many gates as possible and destroy both your bodies. Same with Chouji. Give Chouji one pill and he can stand his own, two pills and he has a chance of winning, and three pills would kill him and whoever possesses him if he was possessed. We all know how badass Kiba is. He can almost take one of them on by himself. Shika would have to warn him about the possession and the body splitting ahead of time, and then have Akamaru piss in both their eyes from the start. Good tactic that.

Kimimaro - Shikamaru and Neji. Neji can stand toe to toe for a while in straight taijutsu and while that is happening Shikamaru can work his Shadow bind magic. Once Kimi is held, Neji simply needs to go over there and mess him up with the internal organ stuff. That would have taken all of five seconds, not hurt Shikamaru, and really would have fucked Kimi up as Kimi was already bleeding internally. He would have died from his own disease quicker that way I feel.

Sasuke - Gaara, as only Gaara could own Sasuke and send his ass back to Konoha

8. Lochen

I have to say though, that if gaara is not present vs kimimaro, there would be a lot of casualties in the fight.