1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

If we actually look at what people said in the manga...(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by mediums, Nov 23, 2005.

1. mediums Member

If we look at what the characters have said so far then we should have this simple layout.. Itachi> Orochimaru, Jiraiya>Akatsuki (thats according to what Itachi said himself) , Old sandaime < Orochimaru.. I dont get if that people actually use Itachi > Orochimaru theory just because Orochimaru said so.. and when it comes to Jiraiya > Akatsuki ppl dont buy it even though Itachi said it himself. So far I guess the strongest ALIVE nin would be Jiraiya!

Tags:
  2. Lexiefaye I'm done. Your move.

no ... strongest alive nin is Naruto. He just doesn't know how to use is powers effectively yet. Jiraiya is uber - powerful though.

also, take into account that all the above was stated 2.5 years ago ala part 1. Kakashi, Sakura, Shikamaru and Naruto have shown major improvements in part 2 already - I'm sure the villians weren't just sitting around dawdling their fingers ...

3. Satetsu Kaihou

I don't know I've read many threads and many say that Jiraiya > Itachi is a whole mistranslation with the anime team but when Itachi said that even if they had more people they wouldn't be able to defeat Jiraiya, it was a bit farfetch'd. Maybe he was talking about Kisame's subordinates perhaps? (If he had any.) But I believe Jiraiya > Itachi and Kisame at least.

4. Raptor Vagabond

We need to wait and see to really know who's the strongest and most skillfull. As far as what's showed my guess is Jiraiya. But most surely Mr. Leader will wipe the floor with him (ok maybe not like that but who knows??) Now about raw power, who has the most, is Naruto.

5. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

You know that you don't have to say that right? You already had Orochimaru as being stronger than old sandaime when you had him in the part with him being compared with Jiraiya :oh

6. General Shino Member

Naruto is not the strongest nin alive.... Even if he did try to control the full power of Kyuubi his body wouldnt be able to handle it Lexie

7. writtenlife I'm only here when I'm bored

The fact is, you simply can't trust what characters in the manga say. One minute someone thinks they are stronger than everyone, until some else proves them wrong. That's what makes things interesting, is that there is no clear cut "strongest", because honestly, could Naruto beat say Shikamaru, who could out stratigize him? It's that whole rock paper sizzors thing, snake beats toad, toad beats slug, and slug beats snake. So ignore what they say, and realize that while every character has strengths, so too do they have weaknesses. That's why they work in teams.

8. Alia_Atreides Mew...

I dont know... Itachi>Orochimaru is something I think is very relative... Orochimaru probally said that because Itachi has MS, most powerful jutsu in the story so far. And ninja life, to Orochimaru, is all about jutsu. However, we know theres more in fight than just that, things like tatics, surprise attacks, speed... We also know that not even Itachi can use MS all the time. So, if they were going to fight, Orochimaru and Itachi, dont think we would see any easy victory. Orochimaru is resourceful; if he could summon two Hokages and one Manda, Itachi would have a hard time. So, in nature, Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru, but would he win?
    We cannot mesure power like that. In a fight, we really dont know who is going to win, and even if you loose, doesnt make you weak (like Neji; he lost to Naruto, but it doesnt change the fact the he was the strongest genin, I mean, he is a jounin already!).
    Thats just my opinion, of course, but the story of Naruto is always showing us that tatics and intelligence, even will power, are more useful than jutsus... So, who has more of those things?

9. syrin Member

Its not as simple as saying Itachi> Orochimaru and Jiraiya>Itachi so Jiraiya > Orochimaru. Jiraiya may have the move or know how to defend against and beat itachi but not be able to against orochimaru. What im trying to say is that its never as simple as A>B>C>D etc, some people will be more suited to fighting one person than they are to fighting another.

10. Robotkiller Still alive

I'm waiting for the uchiha cops to come in here and start saying itachi and orochiamaru are teh greatest...we all know it's coming but none can stop it.

btw I agree with you exept that two or three akatsuki could beat him.

11. syrin Member

Yeah, they*dread* will arriver sooner or later to start spurting out pro uchiha propaganda. Sometimes i wonder if their simplemindedness and extreme bias is all a ploy, but who knows.

12. Leen Peacemaker

Naruto is the greatest ninja. That's why the series is called 'Naruto' at the first place.

13. HIMURA KENSHIN New Member

According to what they said in the manga, Orochimaru>Jiraiya>Itachi>Orochimaru.

14. Raptor Vagabond

Get used to it and laugh just because of it. u and everyone else will be happier that way specially when we all know that it isn't true. :amuse

Right now, he isn't. but he will someday.

15. Grep Kids love Grep

Well I would say all of the Sannin are equal, I don't think anyone that has been shown (I mean shown enough to know how strong they are) and is still could beat any of the Sannin. Orochimaru gets a huge errection when he talks about Uchiha's or the Sharingan, so he is just probably overestimating Itachi, Itachi isn't one to underestimate or overestimate opponents (remember what he said to the Uchiha cops, he told them to not be fooled by the appearance of something). No one can beat Tsunade with strength alone, and her medical techniques make her formidable. I don't think Naruto is the most powerfull (yet) or anywhere near it, even after his training he still makes stupid mistakes. The ninja who is really the stongest is the fourth, too bad he is dead, if he wasn't he would **** up Akatsuki, with some help of course. I think Itachi is one of the stongest members of Akatsuki, just becuase he isn't the leader doesn't mean he isn't the strongest (look at shikamaru, he isn't that strong but he is a good leader). Someone said that Shikamaru could beat Naruto because he would out stratagize him, I don't agree. Naruto is actually a very good stratagist in a one-on-one situation (remeber the battles Neji, Kiba, and Gaara), plus Shikamaru isn't that good when he fights enemies who fight are very aggressive and can fight at almost any range also naruto knows how the Kage Mane works.

Something I always wondered is what would happen if Ino used body switch on Naruto would Kyuubi kick her ass like the "Inner Sakura" did?

16. TenshiOni Active Member

This isn't a game of War, people.

And Itachi was just referring to Jiraiya's reputation there. (though, I believe Jiraiya could take Itachi)

Some people just have bad match-ups against others:

Orochimaru seemingly defeated Jiraiya before.

None of Jiraiya's jutsu's are copiable by the Sharingan, and thus, Itachi would fair far better against Orochimaru.

It all comes down to style; this isn't a card game.

17. Yggdr?sill Hero Of The Half-Elves

i cant remember them talkin bout jirayia being stronger than akat but i do remember itachi saying that no matter how many ppl came they will still have no chance against "him" whch i think is naruto cuz he has the ultimate chakra and jirayia had problems fighting itachi and kisame...

18. ChickenPotPie HAH.

I love how everyone pays attention to what Itachi says before he met Jiraiya, and not after.

19. Kurosaki_Toushirou Ryoka

All of you pay a lot of attention to what itachi says but not to Kisame. He said that to reply on itachi's we wouldn't be able to beat him, He is one of the legendary sannin. That was why they used a woman to seduce and get him away from naruto. They can beat naruto with both hands tide behind there back. Esspecially then, no rasengan, no chakra control and even if kyuubi helped... Samahade absorbs chakra. Naruto is also to impulsive to beat the akatsuki. Besides Jiraiya didn't have any problem with them it is just he honoured sasuke request and he had to take care of two little annoying totally in thew way genin. And that was while fighting two S-rank villians witch also included people like Orochimaru, who only needs to use his tung on naruto. Don't get me wrong I like naruto, a lot. But it is just that Naruto is only the strongest of the genin and chuunin. Jounins like Kakashi and Asuma are stronger. Anbu like Itachi, and other S-rank villians are stronger. Let alone the sannin and kages. BTW kyuubi will never willingly listen to naruto so that doesn't help him. He only gets a small portion of the chakra. So there, that is mine explanation. I hope you can comprehend this

20. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I don't put any stock into the comments of ninja anymore.

According to Itachi:

You have to kill your best friend to obtain the MS.
    You have to have pure Uchiha blood to obtain the MS.
    Therefore, Kakashi is unable to obtain the MS.
    Spoiler:
    WRONG! Kakashi has it, and he has no friends to kill. He also does not have Uchiha blood. You lose Itachi.

According to ninjas:

Yondaime > Sandaime

According to other ninjas:

Sandaime > any other ninjas including Yondaime

The fact is, the things ninjas say cannot be taken as 100% gospel truth, and can't back up any argument too well. They provide support, not proof.

21. Goongasnootch 亀好き

I thought it was established that
    Spoiler:
    Kakashi's new Sharingan isn't the MS.

Can someone explain that to me if we're going to bring Sharingan into this?

22. mustang BOOM

i though it was all a mistranslation for teh anime. itachi said sumthing different in the manga didnt he

23. AssFace Member

I thought it went something like this:

Kisame:I probably can't beat him but you might.
    Itachi:At best the three of us would die together.

Why doesn't anyone consider the fact that Itachi has used a buttload of his chakra already >_<. As said in the manga by kakashi that MS takes alot of chakra let alone tsuyomaki.

I think Itachi and Kisame can't beat Jiraiya at that time is beacuse Itachi was vulnerable at that time. Everyone thinks someone needs to get hit to be vulnerable, but don't consider the power that takes to use a technique.

I think that Jiraiya is probably as strong as one of the stronger Akatsuki members but not ALL of them.