1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

If we get Bleach Fillers...

Discussion in 'Society TV' started by AbaraiRenji, Nov 17, 2005.

1. AbaraiRenji BAN KAI! HIHIOU ZABIMARU!

What would you like to see in the episodes? I know nobody likes fillers because they even drive me nuts, however someone told me there is a rumors of fillers soon. I hope it remains just a rumor. However if that does happen I would like to see some of the Soi Fong and Yoruichi backstory. I'd also like to see more detailed backstory on alot of the captains like Byakuya, Kenpachi, and Tousen.

Tags:
  2. martryn Dick in hand

Yeah, that's what I want too. Backstory of characters, or at least some episodes maybe showing the characters (captains and VC's and stuff) fighting hollows and training before they were as powerful as they are now.

3. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

me personaly? none. just take it off the air for a few months.

the anime is about 37 maybe 40 chapters behind the manga. maybe a little less like 34 i know its still in the thritys.

4. mgrace Guess Who's Back?!?!?!

Yeah Naruto should have done the same back track to the days of Iruka and Yondaime.... That could have been awesome.. Sniff Sniff...

5. Potentialflip One Last Stand

Well who knows. There is the possibility Bleach will end at 70. But I would like short filler arcs consisting of 2-3 episodes just to be fair on the anime teams storytelling (despite up and down with Naruto. I doubt it would be as hard to create filler stories in Bleach; I realize myself that it isn't easy to do such a thing). And some one episode stuff like they have done with the non-main storyline stuff (I believe it was like 2-3 episodes so far they did that). Good for backstories/funny shows. But if I have any say in it. Take the Spring Season Schedule off. and come back in Summer or Fall.

6. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

I'm going to say that it won;'t finish after this arc, after much thinking I've decided unless they butcher things it won't tie together properly. If they do fillers how much involvement Kubo Tite has if any depends on what I'd like to see happen. I'd hate for the anime producers to make up more detailed captains backgrounds without any input from Kubo and then have that muck up things that might be planned for the manga somewhere.

The problem with filler material for bleach will be that you can;t do a whole filler season on don kanonji and with those weird ass humour episodes, they are ok for a one off but not for a season. Then after fighting captain level enemies in soul society Ichigo going back and killing some low class crappy hollows isn;t going to be that interesting, well unless he takes on about 40 at a time or something :p

I guess we'll see, maybe they'll take a break, maybe we'll get fillers and maybe they'll butcher it and cut the series off short

7. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

One thing that could be done in fillers... Maybe showing how the heck Hitsugaya started at the academy and moved up to Captain... since after all he claimed during his time when he WASN'T at the academy that he had no interest in being a shinigami.

So what changed his mind? That would be worth seeing.

8. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

yeh it'd be interesting, we do get a glimpse of the fact that he's always had a huge reiatsu r.e. the watermelon eating scene with hinamori.

9. bmac1632 Shaq-Fuing All Idiots

I would like to see more backstory about Urahara and Yoruichi

10. Sogetsu. Bladedancer of the Desert

I would like to see some shinigami backstories too and the shinigami v/s quincy war

11. chakra25 Hollow Hunter

It would be nice to see Urahara and Yoruichi before they left Soul Society... also some Soi Fong and Yoruichi action (missions)...

12. Arima Teppei Mio-chan lover !

Well there is enough stuff to make fillers about as many mentioned about background story's of the Captains and such and also about Yoruichi-chan back at that police force she was in along practising the fightings with Urahara when he was still in Soul Society. So I think they can make alot of interresting fillers for the time being when they need to let the manga get somewhat more ahead of the anime again.

But I don't think we have to fear it will be going to end soon yet although many think so.

13. Feathers! Jiraiya

I love the filler episodes of Naruto with Rock Lee/Curry of Life so i hope the fillers for Bleach dont take themselves too seriously and give us some Good Humor... like the ice cream man.

14. Potentialflip One Last Stand

Someone pointed out already that Studio Pierrot only signed up for 70 episodes in their production budget. I mean it shows the possibility it will happen. That's the whole fear of it ending soon comes in. If we get a clear view that Studio Pierrot is going to pick up the show again for a couple more seasons which has not been revealed at this time. Sure we will know before episode 70. I got this from bleachforums.com. The poster is quite reliable with his sources as well as his translation.

15. monk3 Ryokan Pride

the fillers for bleach aren't so bad. i mean that one Don Kanon'ji one was pretty funny

16. TEK Akatsuki

Don Kanonji fillers would be awesome but too many of them would make me hate it. I would like the backstory ideas. That sounds very interesting and promising.

17. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

That seems to be what we all hope for each time, but it never quite seems to happen. They seem unwilling to take an anime off the air for more than a week.

18. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

The fillers will just be 4 episode arcs of people like tatsuki, orihime, and the Urahara group doing stupid thing in totally crappy episodes. Considering Bleach's animation is already somewhat low quality...Imagine what they will be like in fillers *shudder*.

I don't like the post soul society stuff in the manga that much anyway...Maybe they should just end the series.

Who knows, maybe Bleach can actually produce quality fillers.

19. Darts on darts

i stopped after a few min watching that last Don Kanonji filler
    backstories are good but are they considered to be fillers?

20. pakku surlier than ever

I don't have the picture on me right now, but I'm sure some of you must be familiar with that picture of Renji wearing a suit, sunglasses and holding up a gun to the camera in an advertisement for an OVA.

Anyway, it got me thinking: we need a cheesy spinoff, starring Renji as an undercover cop. Somebody like Ikkaku or Tetsuzaemon could be his partner, Kenpachi as the chief, and this rest writes itself.

"Taste that? That's the taste of beach justice!"

21. Soluzar New Member

The definition of "filler" in anime terms is "an episode not based directly upon any manga chapters". This means that nothing is "considered" a filler, it just is filler or is not filler. If it was not originall written by the author of the manga, and then adapted for the screen, then it is filler. It's not a derrogatory term. I've seen some filler episodes that I didn't dislike.

22. tripperdan99 Currently researching

Hitsugaya? Oh crap, she's a he? Man I got lost in the gender blender with that one, LOL

(shudders as he remembers that walk down Burbon Street....)

td99

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  23. Corwin Trained Stalemate Associate

Yeah, it would be nice to see some background story.
    Like about that blind captain (Tousen was his name?) he speaks of justice whole time and someone precious to him died.

24. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

So its based on whole episodes eh? Well that makes more sense. Some people complain about the smallest extra tidbits like an extra jutsu thrown here or there in Naruto, when thats virtually no different than drawing a person moving around instead of just appearing from place to place like in a manga.

Anyways, wasn't the episode with Aizen and Gin as his vice captain coming by to save the future VCs, a filler episode? If not, what chapter is that?

25. frostfire The Last Quincy

I really don't like fillers at all unless they explain something or have a point. So unlike others, I practically "hated" the Don Kanoji episodes and have just about stopped watching Naruto until they stop the fillers.

If Bleach wants to go filler, then I believe they should make it as many others have suggested elaborate more on backstory.

26. Zorokiller Lives of your misfortune

I think bleach animation is better then naruto actually:huh

it has some cool style to it

oh and bleach fillers ain't that bad, but also cuz we didn't have had a filler arc yet thank god:wink

27. Soluzar New Member

I don't mind bits that are added, in an episode which is mostly based upon a manga chapter. That episode wouldn't be a filler, it would just have been modified to suit the needs of the anime. That's certainly the way I understand it.

In Naruto, they sometimes refer to events which happened in a filler during episodes which are part of a manga arc - I can't say I mind this, either. An anime just isn't the same as a manga, and it doesn't need to be. I have the manga if I want it, or the anime, if I want it.

All that said, I'd hope that the Bleach anime can do better fillers than just endless Don Kanonji episodes.

To quote the best Crow ever: "Ahou, Ahou!"

28. A3-kun Antw?rpen?r

I loathe the Don Kanoji eps, it's not funny at all, not even sarcastically. If/when the Bleach anime goes down the filler path I hope they'll:

1) Don't throw Don Kanoji in every single ep.
    2) Don't muck up the manga storyline.
    3) Don't come up with cheezy filler villains.

29. Kurosawa All your base belongs to me D:

I probably wanna see some menos grande action on earth.

30. Chas3265 Kazekage

I'd rather Bleach take a year break or something than to have fillers.