1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

If you found out that…

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Polaris, May 9, 2018.

1. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

A midwife accidentally switched your baby at birth with someone else’s, five years after it happened, would you want your biological child back? Explain the reasoning behind your response.

Tags:
  2. Mider T VM Rapist

3. mcpon14 Well-Known Member

Yes, because I'd want what is deemed my actual baby. But then I might give it up for adoption, if I can't afford to raise a child. It would depend on my situation in life, at that moment.

4. Plexa Well-Known Member

The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb, but it all depends on circumstance. At five years of age you're not likely to have developed a real intellectual relationship with your current child, though you will likely have an intense familial connection with them and a deep responsibility to their happiness and wellbeing. However your bond with your child will be leagues ahead of the bond you'll make with your birth child at first instance.

I also assume the other family would have a say on their wishes. Ultimately, unless both parties were absolutely satisfied with the outcome it would likely be an issue for the courts to decide. In Scotland, if a case like this were ever to arise the wellbeing of the child will be absolute, and I imagine a judge would award parental rights and responsibilities to you over you current child, though it depends on how well your relationship is established.

In either case, I don't think there would be a legal or moral basis to shut either party away from their birth child altogether. I think ideally this sort of thing would exponentially strengthen the relationship and familiarity between two whole families who, until recently, were complete strangers.

5. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    Yes because 5 year rule.

It's like the 5 second rule, but it's about swapped kids instead of fallen food.

6. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    Also I'd bash that fucking bitch's face, in.

7. savior2005 Well-Known Member

Yes I'd want my child back, and I'm sure the other family would want their child back as well once they found out.

8. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    What if you found out your 25 yr old son, was swapped at birth?

Would you try to swap him with the other one?

9. Plexa Well-Known Member

At 25 years of age you have your own independence and bodily autonomy as an adult human, so nobody would have the capacity to 'swap' you with anybody. I don't see why you would have to cut off contact with the person you raised just to get close to your biological child either, since those kinds of relationships aren't exclusive.

10. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    Oh wow, I never thought of it that way.

On topic,

what if you were 60, and on your death bed, and found out that your 40 yr old son, was swapped at birth by some bitch. Would you try to swap him and his children for the other child and his children?

11. Polandfan I am the shadow. I am the night.

Poland
    I don't want to have kids and a wife(probably), so I don't care:).