1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

IGPX - Immortal Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by icoselitham, Nov 6, 2005.

1. icoselitham

Anyone else watching IGPX. A toonami original series from the studio that brought you Ghost in the shell. Saturdays at 10 pm on Cartoonnetwork. A good show. Its sorta like hot wheels and gundams put together.

Tags:
  2. TheVileOne

Its got some celebrity voice talent in Haley Joel Osment and Michelle Rodriguez.

3. TenshiOni

I was pretty impressed.

The animation could give FMA, Ghost in the Shell, and other Studio Bones productions a run for their money. It was amazing.

4. martryn

The animation was pretty good and I tried to watch some of it. I'll look for it again next week. This week it conflicted with Ultimate Fighter Finale Live.

5. Prince Leon

Didn't get to watch it in full tonight. Hopefully they show it some time again this coming week. I'll be sure to watch the second episode though.

6. icoselitham

Yep. It was great. Voices might take a while for me to get used to. I looks soo similar to Ghost In The Shell.

7. Kool ka lang

I heard it was a Toonami original. so it's made for english dialogue? not dubbed? because it does feel americanish japanese.

8. icoselitham

Yep. Im not sure what a Toonami original series is but i assume Toonami is the first in the world to air IGPX. Yea, i sense some "americanish japanese" too. I think that they introduced to many characters at the same time. I can't remember any of the names.

9. TheVileOne

Yeah they co-produced it with Cartoon Network kind of like Big O season 2. Though I think they had more involvement with this show.

10. Hokai92

I didn't see it but it seems like the whole cartoonnetwork studios is heading fo japanish and americanjapanish shows more and more. but im not complaining one bit.

11. Blue_Sky_Protagonist

Yea i'm not complaining either :amuse . IGPX is pretty cool if you ask me. I just hope it lasts. It would definetly suck if they took it off right away for some stupid reason.

12. TheVileOne

They are both produced and animated by the same studio. Production IG.

13. Ikke AshLEE

I love IGPX! And I'm really not a mech or racing genre fan either. But wow. The art is fabulous, and their style of storytelling is intriguing. Character designs are great, too.

Speaking about voice talent, I love how Amy has the same VA as Starfire in Teen Titans. ^.^;;

There are Japanese raws up to ep. 06 out already. I didn't realize Japan was that much further in the series than us. I wish the dub version didn't cut out the op/end sequences. They're pretty nifty, and the songs aren't that bad. I think I'm going to get the rest of the raws just to satisfy my hunger. Too bad I can't understand Japanese worth crap. Oh, how I depend on subtitles...

14. Hokai92

yo if you like igpx then come join the fc.:smile-big :)

and can someone make sigs or tell me how to make them

15. Chemistry

Did cartoon network cancel it? And who actually liked it?

For some reason, I thought it was very interesting...

16. TheVileOne

No they didn't. It's just on hiatus before season 2. There will be 26 episodes total.

It's a great show, but c'mon did you expect anything less from Production IG?

17. Ikke AshLEE

Yeah, season 2 airs May 13, I believe. Been watching the Japanese raws, and season 2's great. The battles are more intense the second time around, and the off-track story is still as interesting as they started off. Not to mention the animation's still top-notch. I also really liked how they focused even a little bit on some of the non-Forward characters during battles, and we get a little more background on Andrei's legacy as Rocket George.

Sadly, despite all this, it wasn't a huge hit in Japan. They took it off air before they played eps. 25-26, which are now going straight to DVD in October. Eps. 23-24 aired as an hour special, and then it was taken off air. But it's more popular in the US, so we should still get to see the last two eps. normally, and probably before Japan.

18. TheVileOne

Spoiler:
    How does it end?

19. xgreenteax

Spoiler:
    I Don't really know but in episode 24 its Team Satomi vs. Team Velshtein(Satomi Wins) and then in the episode 24 + 25 (on DVD) its Team Satomi vs. Team White Snow.

20. Gene

Love the show. Can't wait till the new eppy this week. Should be good.

21. Ikke AshLEE

Good eppy this week. They let the word "ass" slip again, surprisingly. XD Bella fangirling Takeshi and Bjorn getting all irked by it was cute. Satomi's getting whooped so far, though. Wowza.

IGPX got cancelled two eps. shy of its proper conclusion, so aside from what xgreanteax already said it's up for grabs. I'm predicting Satomi gets whooped around like crazy for ep. 25 but come through and win again in ep. 26.

22. RADRAD

So it really does gets cancelled in Japan before it finishes? That kinda sucks. But hopefully, we Americans will get those last 2 episodes.