1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

I'm beginning to think Oro is the reason for the three year limit

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Pyre's Plight, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Pyre's Plight ...

Orochimaru had to wait three years before transferring himself to Sasuke's body. While in the Akatsuki meeting at the end of the timeskip, they mentioned that they only had three years as well.

Since we know what "thier" goal is now, one can assume that there is no internal reason for this time limit. I thought that it might have had something to do with the King of Hell Statue only being able to hold the bijuu for a period of time, but that wouldn't mean much.

So after seeing Sasuke in the VoTE fight, I think Akatsuki really considers the possesion over an Uchiha...no, the Sharingan as a threat to them. Oro and Akatsuki might currently be in some race towards thier goals. Seeing as how the sharingan is appearantly connected to the bijuu(or maybe just Kyuubi i'll accept, since we don't know for sure), Orochimaru's mastery over it could quite possibly screw Akatsuki over. He is thier enemy afterall.

For those saying, "So why don't they just kill him now and get rid of thier time limit?". Well, they have no idea where he is. Sasori and Kabuto's meeting ground was quite far away from Oro's HQ. Not to mention that he constantly moves around, so there's no time to waste looking for him when they should focus on obtaining all the bijuu first.

This is quite possibly the reason Akatsuki has a time limit. This may have been obvious, so I'm sorry if I'm only realizing this now.

Tags:
  2. B.o.t.i Active Member

Oro fans still trying to show face??? More garbage nonsense that the uchiha's & sharingan own the world look oro is small fry the sharingan ain't the strongest or most important thing in the world get over it.

Akat are here THEY ARE MORE MAJOR.

3. Grrblt Banned

Translation and logic don't mix too well here unfortunately. I agree that with the goal the Leader presented, it makes no sense for any time limit. However, translations are pretty clear that Deidara thinks they can kill Orochimaru any time they want, and that more importantly, they only have three years to complete their ambition. I really don't know what to think right now.

4. Pyre's Plight ...

I said it was just a theory. I didn't insult either sides by displaying fanboyism/anti fanboyism. But I'm sorry, I'll say it in a language you can understand since you didn't seem to get it.

L1EK D00D! T|-|15 T0P1K 15 Ab0|_|T T3H AK4ts|_|K1 & t3h T|-|30RY 0F T3|-| T1|\/|3 L1|\/|1T CUZ L13K 0R0 15 T3|-| R0XX0RZ N |-|3 JUS |\/|1G|-|T ATT4CK T3H Ak4TSUK1 W/ 1337SUKE!!!!1shift+111

But I don't know.

>_< How could I forget a point I always used to bring up in the Oro vs. Akatsuki arguments? It could mean that they know he'll try and interfere soon enough and that they'll eliminate him, or try to, if he does so. But it could also mean that they just don't care about him and that there is another reason for the time limit. Anyway, we'll have to see. BAck to the drawing board I guess. >_>

5. Mizura Meh

Actually, I'm beginning to think that their 3 years limit is for financial reasons. :S

6. Grrblt Banned

Their lease contract for the bijuu extraction caves will expire :omg

7. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Mybe the Akatsuki goals are somehow related with Orochimaru's, and they are working together, also the finalcial issues sounds reasonable.

8. Naruko Supporting Staff

It's possible Pyre. Until we know otherwise what their 3yr limit comes from, it can't be discounted. The longer they wait, the harder it will be for them to kill Orochimaru, after all.

Akatsuki are very very badass, but Orochimaru isn't done yet, in the story. Things will get more complex yet, I won't write him off.

9. Hiruma The King has Come!

Maybe they need three years to gather money...that'd what Hidan's pissed off about.

Hidan: WE SPENT THREE WHOLE YEARS GATHERING MONEY.

10. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

The Three year time limit was just part of Akatsuki's schedule.
    Phase one- three years
    Phase two- five years
    Phase three- 30 year mortgage on th world

AL has a chart and everything.

11. Alekzu White and nerdy

I brought this up in another thread to. And still I cannot make sense out of it, no matter all the explanations you give. A deadline for a plan like that (doesn't matter what stage you're in) isn't realistic. Surely they must know that. Please Kishi, explain! (and don't make it a plot-hole!)

12. Yuna The Legendary Anti-Sakuratard

The Akatsuki are 9 (does this include Leader? I can't remember) elite S-Rank Shinobi with powers far greater than anyone else as a collective.

You think they are scared of Orochimaru-in-Sasuke? In fact, you think they're scared of Orochimaru-without-Sasuke?! They could've all just rushed down his hideout (because he actually has a static hideout. Zetsu could've just tailed Sasuke there after the VotE battle and how the Hell did Sasuke know how to get there, anyway?!) and torn him to shreads.

Tsukiyomi Kabuto, suck all chakra out of Sasuke using Isonade, set out clay mines, use Zetsu's powers (whatever those are) and post Hidan and Tobi (whatever his powers are) outside to prevent Orochimaru from escaping.

Once Kabuto's been Tsukiyomi:d into unconsciousness (which would take, oh, 1-10 seconds) and then Itachi can just p0wn Sasuke. Meanwhile, have Leader and Hidan to their thing on Orochimaru. Flower-Person (I refuse to call it a "her" 'til we see proof!) can do their thing as well. After Sasuke's been disabled, both Itachi and Kisame (who'd been busy Isonadeing Sasuke's chakra away) can focus on Orochimaru.

You really think he could've survived that?!

No, the 3 year limit is in no way a reflection on Orochimaru. After all, they probably didn't know Orochimaru had been forced to take over a body while waiting for Sasuke.

13. G-Man It Ain't Easy Being G...

Zetsu - Orochimaru has the Sharingan!

Rest of Akatsuki - Who gives a $#!+? We can kill him whenever we want!

I think that sums it up nicely.

All these Orochimaru fans, or "Akatsuki Leader is Weak" theorists keep harping on how Orochimaru only seems concerned with Itachi, but always ignore the fact that NONE of AKatsuki seem all that concerned about Orochimaru, even after they learn he has Sasuke. AL doesn't even seem to consider Orochimaru worth commenting on!

14. Bladetaster's Delight Member

I'm dissapointed with the lack of open-mindedness with this theory... I mean, I would have been like all of yous, against this, thinking it's blatant orochimaru sasuke fanboyism, but, then chapter 308 happened.

This was where we found out that the sharingan could suppress the kyuubi.

Now, it seems as if the need for the bijus or w/e is a vital part of Akatsuki's plans, and if the sharingan can suppress this...
    Take into account that Orochimaru was a part of akatsuki before-hand... and apparently tried to get itachi to side with him (did he? im not sure, he had sometihng to do with itachi), he could have been planning to use the sharingan's abilities to stop the bijus.

Also take into account that if this being actual fact would lead to many different scenarios... like Itachi's true intentions while having the sharingan in possession... that Orochimaru would actually be a threat to everyone as he'd be in control of akatsuki who are trying to be in control of everyone... that the Uchiha clan would be more important to the story than a simple jinchuruki (or w/e) named Naruto (also the name of the manga...), especially with the author's obvious love of sasuke...

Honestly, i don't think it's too far-fetched as some of you are making it seem. Sure the chances of it happening are probably low, and sure it'd create many plotholes with things that have been previously said... but i'm sure that the number of plotholes created by this would be lower than the number of plotholes that have already been created by the many other additions to the Naruto manga.

15. -GoW- seeing through shadows

Akatsuki will only deal with Orochimaru in a final stage of their plan, when all bijuus have been captured. That was implied by AL and Deidera's conversation in chapter 238.

Akatsuki is concerned with Orochimaru to the point of sending a member to spy on his next vessel. If they didn't care about him they wouldn't...care at all.

Deidera then said "Orochimaru will be killed sooner or later". AL said "Right now we must capture all bijuus. If we include the Kyuubi, everything will be in our hands". The "everything" includes Orochimaru.

What Akatsuki is doing is: instead of stopping Orochimaru by searching for him and fighting against him (which is rather troublesome, since they would lose time and members), they will work faster to complete their goal. After that, Orochimaru sooner or later will be killed. Adding the fact that Orochimaru is wanted dead by every single ninja...

16. Snickers Peanuts in your privates

Wrong! What Deidara implied was that there is no need to worry about orochimaru.
    orochimaru is actually being pretty arrogant, fleeing, running , hiding you know... being all worried about the Akatsuki, while they don't even consider orochimaru to be of concern.

Caring, does not necessarily mean oro is dangerous towards Akatsuki in any kind of way. In my eyes orochimaru is like a thorn in Akatsuki's thigh. They care about it. But it is not a threat, so you won't need to worry.

You actually made me laugh nowxD.
    Ofcourse ''everything'' includes Orochimaru.
    Why ?
    Because their goal is world domination. Tenten also includes ''everything''.
    ''Everything'' is to indicate Akatsuki's goal : World Domination. Not '' Orochimaru Domination''. Orochimaru, Tenten and even Ton Ton are part of the world, more importantly part of a ninja village. Akatsuki's goal is to gain control over all off that , and more. It's in now way significant ,like you make it out to be, that orochimaru is also part of ''everything''.

No, you are so biased that you can't interpretate the manga well enough to see the truth. The truth is that
    Akatsuki is too busy making money,collecting bijuu's and gathering jutsu, to go on a search for orochimaru If they really wanted Orochimaru dead the AL would've send Itachi and Kisame.
    It is clearly stated that Itachi > Orochimaru and Sasuke.
    I'm sure Kisame 'd get rid of kabuto without losing his life.
    This way Akatsuki/Itachi would've Amaterasu'd oro to the flames of hell, without loosing anything besides Time.
    Face it. At this moment Orochimaru is not important enough for Akatsuki to be bothered with.

17. lkjhgfdsa New Member

Doubt Oro is a major abilities in terms of fighting... However bijuu are needed to create war as implied... This means Oro could step in and supress bijuu enough to make them easily defeatable... This could cause issues for Akatsuki... However, in the end, 3 year limit is probably totally random... like who could guess Akatukis purpose before 329? Not many... And who will probably be able to gues Akatsuki's 3 yr limit? Not many as well...