1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

I'm sure this has been asked before...

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by nt90, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nt90 Artist in training

I was wondering why is it that the threads don't add to the view count unless you post. I noticed that some of the older threads did it, but I haven't seen a thread keep a view count in a long time.

Tags:
  2. Shroomsday Too Classy to be Right Advisor

It's a vBulletin fault. I forget the precise reason but vB3 seems to have had problems with timing against the server more than earlier versions, so you also see posts out of order in some Forums. There may be a fix, but as it's a harmless fault it's low priority for most places.

3. Hef Night Work

^ I thought I read somewhere that we're saving bandwidth by making it update slowly and not after every view. o___O

4. Shroomsday Too Classy to be Right Advisor

Well you do have an option in the Admin CP to update thread views immediately or not, but there's a bug a number of Forums have had where it always has the views at one more than the number of replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.