1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

In defense of Hoshigaki Kisame (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Jonas, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Jonas Banned

Well, Itachi's ?berstrong taijutsu partner Hoshigaki Kisame lacks intelligence!!!

Or is it really so...? No, not really. But people tend to think so. Now im not saying everybody thinks he's dumb, but a lot do. Why?

For starters: what has Kisame done that would make him dumb? Is it something he said? Or done? No, i think it has something to do with... hmm.. him not cancelling Kurenai's (one of Leaf's best genjutsu-user) genjutsu. Or is it because he got sliced by Asuma's (inivisible chakra) blades? Because if it is, i can't really see how this would make him dumb in any way. Okay, im not saying he's Einstein but he's not dumb. Against team Gai, he was doing right by taking Neji, Lee and TenTen in the water prison. Why would someone bother fighting 4 shinobis when he can reduce the number to 1-on-1? That was one smart thing, yet he's not getting credit for doing that. Secondly, fighting 4 shinobis head on would probably result in him losing, and to my point again: this was a smart move.

What some guys should realize is that Kisame is eager to fight. Now, a guy who's always eager to fight maybe don't make up a plan before rushing into a fight but he is one strong character (likes destroying villages, assasination on feudal lord) and that's why he's eager to fight. He loves fighting. Like the databook says; "Desired opponent: Anyone". He doesn't care who he's up against, as long as it's a worthy opponent.

But because of his eagerness he doesn't come up with a backup plan it seems , he's just "rush-on im going to kill you as fast as you can prevent it", and so far it seems that that's Kisame's way of fighting and he's got pretty far with it. That's exactly what would've happened if Itachi didn't tell him to stop fighting head on during their Konoha visit. And most likely, he would succeed killing Kakashi but suffer injuries. And most likely, he would succeed making Kurenai and Asuma "dissapear" if Gai didn't interrupt. Letting Gai kick he's face without revenge made him very dissapointed.

Eager to fight is not the same as stupidity. Now, you wouldn't call Naruto dumb right, as we've seen him rushing into his opponents with pure anger? (Even if you did, Kisame knows more jutsus than Naruto, hence his eagerness into fight's would differ a lot compared to Naruto.

Tags:
  2. icoselitham Lost

I've always like Kisame. I wonder who was the one who thought of him as dumb?

3. TDM Toast

It was prolly something made up in the Battledome.

4. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

I never actually saw anyone calling Kisame dumb... Anyway, good post ^^ Kisame most certainly isn't dumb, although I wouldn't count him as one of the smartest in Naruto

5. Seymourbuts Look at him go

I never hated the character Kisame, I never would have thought he would be considered "dumb".

Neither have i heard of anyone saying that he's dumb...

6. Nybarius Ennui Bores Me

Kisame speaks in a very intellectual fashion.

He is the most circumspect of fellows.

7. warcraft E-Married to Chibi_Sasuke2k5

i've never seen him be called dumb but i have seen him been underated alot

8. Satetsu Kaihou

I wouldn't call Kisame dumb but I would think of Kisame of a stategist in combat.

9. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Uhhh I don't remember him being regarded as dimwitted, but if he was, then I don't know if he really needs to be defended if like 2 or 3 people have said this since defense cases usually need to be stated when you constantly encounter these insults. I've actually seen more support for his abilities than anything else, unless compared with Itachi (then things tend to get overblown)

10. Kousai Member

It's probably because he resorts to violence right away and that before he does he checks with Itachi, making it seem like he's making sure that if he did anything it wouldn't mess up the plans, reminds of Nappa and Vegeta.

11. The Bryman Formerly known as mfu-842

i think kisame's rather witty, he definitely isnt dumb otherwise he wouldnt be in the akatsuki. :smile-big

12. Uzumaki~Kakashi Tomoyo's #1

Kisame just gives off the appearance that he's dumb. I think Kisame is on the lower end of the smart scale but I wouldn't say he's a complete retard. Itachi is just so much more clever it really hurts my opinion of Kisame. In almost every situation Itachi ignores Kisame and tells him what to do.

13. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

it's been 12 posts already and I'll be the first to say this.

TAG YOUR SPOILERS!!!

14. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

lol yeah the first post is a tad spoilerish. :laugh Should it go somewhere else or something?

15. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

um aren't you a mod??? i thought u were, shouldn't you fix the post or move it to Konoha Library yourself?

either way i wish i could do it myself since i come across these sort of spoilers far too frequently and feel sorry for those who have been enduring the fillers hoping to see something new only to stumble across another person's ignorance

16. Terumaru Phoenix of the Hidden Blaze

I don't think I've ever seen a post about him being dumb. I find him pretty interesting actually.. ^^

17. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Me? No. I'm just on the forums too much :laugh. Well yeah there are a lot of spoilers in this area, but this one was innocent compared to the other spoilers seen around.

In the end, from the limited knowlege of and limited exposure of Kisame, I think that IF there are people calling him dumb, then they're just assuming things of of ignorance since we still don't know much about him and he hasn't really shown himself as being dumb.

18. maya_slash Itachi are belong to me.

I agree with JonasM. Besides, stupid nin don't live long. And Kisame's almost a legend, so it'd be odd if he was dumb. No, Kisame is one rather smart guy.

19. Kurosaki_Toushirou Ryoka

Eros Correcto, Kisame isn't dumb. He loves to fight and that is normal for strong guys. He might have a great intellect, but it is doubtfull he would ever use it. He just want to fight not think.

20. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

He's not dumb he's is arrogant,mean and he like to have fun. Kinda sucks for kisame to have a partner like Itachi:he's serious and never he never haves fun..hell he never laughs (when not killing people).

So Kisame pretty much ownz

21. CrazyMoronX Old Man

22. Mizura Meh

Actually, he just seems rather hotheated, like Naruto is I guess. My impression is also that his style is to overpower people from the start instead of using more chakra-conserving strategies. Neji himself pointed out the much amount of chakra Kisame has: he can afford big fancy attacks. Now of the Itachi-Kisame combo, Itachi is the leader and seems to be the smarter of the two. But this is Itachi we're talking about.

Overall, my impression is that he isn't the most intellectual of people, but he isn't brain dead either, and can usually afford to be rash because he Is that strong (besides he probably doesn't care as long as he gets a good fight). Gai "seems" like an idiot as well, but given that he's one of Konoha's finest jounins, he obviously isn't that dumb either.

23. Fenix Pie Vendor

Stop denying it.

Yes he's paired up with Itachi...oh well