1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

In light of this weeks reveals, Kashin Koji re-examined *Spoiler*

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by JuubiJigen, Jul 8, 2018.

1. JuubiJigen Dank

Russia
    So as we know, Kawaki has been changed and modified with science, and the fact Garou has had body parts replaced, I'm wondering about Delta's quote. She mentions they should 'replace' Garou's brain, and Im wondering about Kashin even more.

What if the jiraiya similarities are due to him being a sort of frankenstiens monster of scientific ninja tech, jiraiya's corpse/DNA and a new body to integrate it into? I think the toads are also artificial as nobody at the mountain would work for 'jiraiya' after seeing what he became so they captured a summon and modified it to

Tags:
  2. root eltiT resU motsuC

But why Jiraiya's corpse? To shock the readers sure. But in-universe, why would they dig up some corpse from the bottom of the ocean where even kabuto couldn't find him, to turn into some frankenstein monster. Why not any other random powerful ninja that's easier to locate and dig up? We know Madara's corpse came out of the war relatively intact. And there's probably plenty of other shinobi out there as strong as Jiraiya was.

3. PureWIN Mr. Prince

While anything is possible (basically Pain 2.0), this feels rather convoluted.

4. PureWIN Mr. Prince

They most likely burned his corpse after the war. I wouldn't be surprised if that became a new tradition in the ninja world to prevent ET from being used that way again.

5. Polar Member

Argentina
    Jiraiya's body is more or less the most useful body around as other strong ones are already used up by Kabuto or destroyed in battle. For example, Kisame's body could make a very strong cyborg but he was devoured by sharks. Obito got disintegrated by Ash Bone. There was Madara's lower half but most likely the Alliance already deposed of the body (that is what they normally do to bodies of fallen shinobi).

6. JuubiJigen Dank

Russia
    Considering in the same chapter we found out much of kawaki's body has been replaced with different things, I don't think it's out of possibility it was meant both literally and an insult to Garou.

And remember, Jiraiya's body was extremely valuable: he had untold jutsu, sage powers and other factors involved. Even without edo tensei, theres a reason hunter nin destroy bodies to prevent secrets being stolen and things like kekkei genkai theft etc. Jiraiya was mad powerful, and if they predicted a fight with Naruto himself, Jiraiya would be something they could use to get an edge on him in the same way an Edo tensei can, emotionally and psychologically.

I know its convoluted but hey, so is the whole process of getting a rinnegan and many other things we've seen beforehand. Pain 2.0 already exists in Tobi using a jinchuuriki attack squad. It's a bit more of an arroniero situation from bleach if anything.

7. MShadows Deathbat

Jiraiya's corpse would work for the shock factor as well as gaining a psychological advantage on Naruto.

But this would be Pain 2.0 basically.

If it really is Jiraiya's body tho, I can imagine Kishi pulling a WTF twist and making Jiraiya's consciousness resurface in a critical point in the story so as to foil Kashin Koji's plans.

8. JuubiJigen Dank

Russia
    So then Pain 2.0 literally turns into Dinobot's Clone from Beast Wars?

I dig it, would be a nice way for Naruto to get a goodbye team up with the old man and a proper send off.

9. MShadows Deathbat

That describes it perfectly. Jiraiya gets a final wind after coming back form the dead to save the world one more time.

He'd also get to see Naruto grown up and having achieved his life goal of becoming Hokage.

10. 123fire Well-Known Member

I think KK is a real human that was once a konoha shinobi i don't think he's also a cyborg

11. Raiden formerly President Goobang

I would be fine with the idea that he was perhaps someone who knew Jiraiya and used his DNA to have upgrades (yuck). I think the story would read emptily if he was just essentially a clone of Jiraiya. We've had that already with Shin and now Kawaki. It's hilarious that the stories of both later characters is essentially the same thing.

12. JuubiJigen Dank

Russia
    This isnt really cloning we are talking about and Kawaki isnt a clone either, hes a cyborg at best