• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

In what ways is Sasori stronger than Deidara? Feats only

Aegon Targaryen

The Shield That Guards The Realm of Men
Title. Also, do you believe Sasori is actually meant to be stronger than Deidara?

All I can think of:

1) Sasori's far more versatile. Iron Sand gives him brute force and speed, Aka Higi gives him attrition, and Hiruko gives him defense. Deidara is a literal glass nuke outside of admittedly fast flight, though Sasori could likely fly too like Gaara did using mineral.

2) Sasori is arguably deadlier without prep time. You can counter C4 (a very specific technique) through killing Deidara before he gets into the sky or before he gets to pull it off, defusing his bombs through Raiton and seeing it using Sharingan/SM sensing/etc...Sasori's poison is flat out undetectable and appears on ALL of his tools, there's no avoiding it. And unlike Deidara, Sasori is NOT a glass cannon.

Last edited:

Vegito

Sasori doesn't really have a bunch of on panel feats since we've only seen him fight Sakura and Chiyo at his best.

Last edited:

Orochimaruwantsyourbody

I mean on-panel feats.
I guess he’s not then. Strength from on panel feats is in large part a product of having a lot of panel time to show off your full arsenal and for people to be able to pick outliers to make their case. And Deidara has much more panel time.

Deidara has been in three short fights (Itachi, Sanbi, WA) and three long ones (Gaara, rescue teams, Sasuke). Sasori has been in two short ones (Kankuro, WA) and one long one (Chiyo).

Sasori also never went all out in any of them.

From a pure on panel feats perspective, I guess Deidara getting blitzes his WA opponents while at full power is worse than Sasori’s WA performance when considering Sasori was only at a fraction of his power.

From a pure feats perspective in general, we know Deidara’s limitations and weaknesses (bad defenses, vulnerable to blitz, incredibly
arrogant). Sasori in the meantime is somewhat of a mystery. We don’t really know what his limits are because we don’t know what amount of effort he fought Chiyo with.

Charmed

Forever Charmed
Okay,
Title. Also, do you believe Sasori is actually meant to be stronger than Deidara?

All I can think of:

1) Sasori's far more versatile. Iron Sand gives him brute force and speed, Aka Higi gives him attrition, and Hiruko gives him defense. Deidara is a literal glass nuke outside of admittedly fast flight, though Sasori could likely fly too like Gaara did using mineral.

2) Sasori is arguably deadlier without prep time. You can counter C4 (a very specific technique) through killing Deidara before he gets into the sky or before he gets to pull it off, defusing his bombs through Raiton and seeing it using Sharingan/SM sensing/etc...Sasori's poison is flat out undetectable and appears on ALL of his tools, there's no avoiding it. And unlike Deidara, Sasori is NOT a glass cannon.
Off the top of my head...

3) he can control several ninja at the same time against their will.

4) his Iron sand can easily break the sound barrier and be used for omnidirectional attacks. It can also adopt any shape.

5) inside Hiruko, he can shunshin slightly faster than Deidara; he can jump and land on one of the Mazo's thumbs from one panem to the other covering a distance the length of a Biju like isobu. Wish I had the panel where Isobu was next to the GM u.u...

6) Sasori dodged a giant satetsu block that was deflected by Sakura. While doing so, he landed on the back wall of the cave. The cave that could easily fit GM and a biju.

7) his core transfer was fast enough to almost cross the entire length of the cave.
Chiyo couldnt even notice.

8) His attacks couldnt be reacted to by Sakura, yet Shikamaru, who's not trained for evasion like Sakura, easily reacted to Kakuzu's blindside.

9) Satetsu renders iron weapons useless in battle. Most ninja use iron weapons in battle, like swords, Kunai and Shuriken.

10) Sasori has more experience in battle than Deidara and had more knowledge on various techniques and shinobi.

11) Sasori's puppet body makes him immune to a lot of things, including poison, pain, getting tired, aging and maybe even genjutsu. Deidara might be immune to sharingam genjutsu but that's about it.

12) Sasori doesnt have infi ite chakra but, he has a lot of chakra. He can control a Kage Puppet with a powerful KG which is chakra taxing and he can control 100 puppets at once. Shukaku said that the puppet jutsu is a chakra taxing technique.
Sasori didnt even sweat, I mean he cant even of he tried but still....

13) Sasori didnt give a dime for Kakashi nor Naruto, yet Deidara was a little nervous when he was facing Kakashi. Tbf Dei had barely any clay left and was exhausted.

14) Deidara has C3 which has huge AoE and can be used to destroy a good portion of a village but it requires prep and a lot of clay. Sasori's Satetsu Kaiho has pretty much the same AoE and doesnt need prep.
If he gathers more sand, the iron sand sphere will only get bigger. Performance of 100 Puppets might not be as destructive but it's hyped to be able to destroy a nation, something Dei cant do with a single jutsu and he'd need a lot of clay and prep to do something like that. C0 for example, would only destroy a very small portion of Konoha.

This is all i can think of right now xD

wooly Eullerex

i just don't know anymore...
not talingk about sasori, hes super! lets talk deidara...

deidara is a ninja.
deidara blows things up.
deidara cannot fight directly; a ''support ninja''
deidara telegraphs every attack n is quite inflexible.
deidara is a glass cannon.
deidaras best jutsu is his clay bird carriage/clay clone.
he only has 3 jutsu in total: bombs(baku'ton), said clay(iwa-kinjutsu) & moguro(do'ton)
his bombs are guided by him, not self sufficient.
his suicide attack is a measure of personality, not strength

...and so deidara is the 2nd weakest(or 3rd if u count zetsu weaker) red twilight member!

Turrin

玄武
Iron Sand is simple better then Deidara’s Arsenal. Defensively it scales above Gaara’s Sand which was blocking Deidara’s Fastest Bombs; and offensively it’s higher as well, and Gaara Sand was able to quickly tag Deidara (and Iron Sand is poisoned so it only needs to scratch him).

Mawt

Only way I can see you arguing that is through Iron Sand and his off screen feat of beating the Third Kazekage :catsleep

Halcyonite

Feats are kinda lackluster unfortunately. Sasori should have had a lot more screentime to flesh him out, but tbh, a lot of Sasori’s abilities counter Deidara’s.

C1 and C2 should be tanked by Iron Sand (given that Hebi Sasuke could tank it with a snake shield and Gaara could tank it with a sphere of sand).

C4 is auto-negged by the fact that Sasori doesn’t breathe nor has lungs. Its effect is only activated after being inhaled and in someone’s bloodstream. The only organic matter in Sasori is a purple heart locked in a box.

C0 is a draw.

C3 is the only threatening thing in Deidara’s arsenal, given that it threatened all of Sunagakure.

dabi

Basically he’s versatile and has poison and iron sand. I have him on the same level as Deidara, so I wouldn’t call him stronger but wouldn’t call him weker either

Aegon Targaryen

Iron Sand is simple better then Deidara’s Arsenal. Defensively it scales above Gaara’s Sand which was blocking Deidara’s Fastest Bombs; and offensively it’s higher as well, and Gaara Sand was able to quickly tag Deidara (and Iron Sand is poisoned so it only needs to scratch him).

Yeah, this makes sense to me.

Six Paths Scaling

There are no feats suggesting that Sasori is superior to Deidara. Unless you count statements as feats.

Sasori even with his 3rd Kazekage puppet was getting stalemated by Lady Chiyo using Sakura, and Sasori's own words admits that the two would've stalemated in an endless fight had it not been for the nonlinear flow of his poison gas that is faster than his or Lady Chiyo's movements speed.

So pretty much Sasori and Lady Chiyo are relative when it comes to movement speed with puppets. And even Sakura who was barely being controlled by Lady Chiyo with her one hand, was able to react and read through Sasori's movements. The same but slightly stronger Sakura who got her chest kicked in by Omoi. Meaning Omoi's combat speed > Sasori's. Which is supported by the War Arc when Omoi was already scaling relative to Sasori & Kankuro's puppets, with Omoi finally getting the upper hand on Sasori by evading his puppets and not only tricking him but cutting his threads as well.

Also C3 completely stomps Sasori. The blast radius of Deidara's C3 bomb was covering up a huge portion of Sunagakure, and Gaara had to use all of the sand around his and all his leftover chakra to block it. Meanwhile just one of Sasori's iron sand shaped is roughly the size of a hotel at a Florida water resort complex Sasori's iron sand may be more durable than Gaara's, but size and potency matters. That argument would only be true if you used an equal amount of sand on both sides and scaled it that way. But to say because Gaara's village scaling sand barrier blocked Deidara's C3 therefore a building size amount of iron sand can block C3 because iron sand > reg sand is just flat out wrong. Sasori hasnt been shown to use the amount of sand that either Rasa or Gaara could use.

MHA massive fan

Feats are kinda lackluster unfortunately. Sasori should have had a lot more screentime to flesh him out, but tbh, a lot of Sasori’s abilities counter Deidara’s.

C1 and C2 should be tanked by Iron Sand (given that Hebi Sasuke could tank it with a snake shield and Gaara could tank it with a sphere of sand).

C4 is auto-negged by the fact that Sasori doesn’t breathe nor has lungs. Its effect is only activated after being inhaled and in someone’s bloodstream. The only organic matter in Sasori is a purple heart locked in a box.

C0 is a draw.

C3 is the only threatening thing in Deidara’s arsenal, given that it threatened all of Sunagakure.
We have seen deidara fail to dodge shiruken
Unlikely he would dodge satetsu

AmitDS

He defeated the strongest Kazekage in history and on top of that had access to said Kazekage's power as only one of his techniques. He's also more intelligent and experienced than Deidara.

Last edited:

Ultrafragor

Sasori can topple a country with his puppets while Deidara's biggest explosion is not country level and requires him to kill himself.

Aegon Targaryen

He defeated the strongest Kazekage in history and on top of that had access to said Kazekage's power as only one of his techniques. He's also more intelligent and experienced than Deidara.

None of these are feats though :hm

I'm looking for on-panel stuff.

MHA massive fan

In fairness feats wise I don’t see why not
Sasori does have better feats

1. Defeating your enemy several times > loosing to Sasuke who had no KI

2. satetsu whether from how panels were drawn or the function of it . Satetsu was shown to be faster than all of Deidara explosives

3. deidara had support and it was essentially 2 v 1 against Sasuke , against sasori it was the other way around . Deidara would not have set up C2 , if not for obito

thèse 3 things for me put sasori > deidara

Ruthless Tsuchikage

Every attack Sasori has on his disposal is a one hit kill unless you're a legendary healing ninja which Deidara isn't.

Deidara winning hinges on Deidara not being hit for even a single moment which is a dubious outcome at best.

Top Bottom