1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

In your opinion, did Knuckle and Shoot become Hunters on their first try?

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Prasdana, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Prasdana New Member

They don't strike me as the guys who passed on The Hunter Exams on their first try due to the mentality problems they had. I think both took The Hunter Exams like twice or third time.

And how much experience do they have as Hunters in your opinion? I think they have like 3-5 years of experiences.

Tags:
  2. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

I could see them passing it on the first try. I doubt they jumped straight in with as little experience as our main characters.

I think they could have like a decade worth of experience. Knuckle is 30 and Shoot is 28 according to the data books. I doubt they started that late in life. I could see Morel finding them and training them as amateur hunters before they did the actual exam.

3. Neo Arcadia puru puru

Either their first or second try. Probably second. Netero said that years often pass without any rookies who can do it on their first try.
    There's no shame in failing the exam once. I imagine it's mostly people who take more than two tries who end up being fodder hunters.
    One failure is something to learn from. Two failures means you didn't learn much.

4. Prasdana New Member

I used Netero's words that "it has been a decade since a rookie passed". It makes sense for them (and/or Kaito) to pass on their second try. Even Hisoka had to try twice....although we knew it's Hisoka, lol.

Say, how long have they been Hunters (Knuckle and Shoot)?

5. Yasha Procreate

Japan
    They don't seem very smart. I wouldn't be surprised if they failed because of Tonpa.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. PwnGoatVSPandaman Narutoforums is cancer.

Obviously, knuckle and shoot no matter how you view it are top 0.01% hunters, elites of the elites.
    Morel is more or less mid zodiac leveled.

7. Pyriz The Magician

I would say probably. Given Shoot's confidence issues I doubt he'd bother taking it a second time if he failed. I feel he'd be too devastated and discouraged to try it again. As for Knuckle, I'm not quite as confident but he's clearly talented, capable, and very ambitious so I have a difficult time imagining him giving up or being out-worked. Though it is entirely possible his softness cost him and he had to take it again or something.

8. Intus Legere ̣#TeamHisoka

I'm with this. Killua didn't pass on his first try. Neither would Gon pass, if the stars didn't cooperate for his good. To be honest, I think it depends on how young and how prepared they were when they first tried. They were exceptionally talented, there is no doubt, but so were Gon and Killua.

Maybe his failure in the Hunter exam is part of the many reasons why he has confidence issues. Maybe one of the many reasons for Knuckle's obstination also comes from his failure on the Hunter exam. It's hard to judge, but both have flaws that could cost them one year, like you said yourself.

9. Intus Legere ̣#TeamHisoka

Jokes aside, I think they are very smart, as far as objective reasoning goes. I'd say their problem is that they let their emotions get too much in the way.

10. Pyriz The Magician

Maybe, but I don't think he'd try again if that were the case. He was afraid to even show his face to some kids who he was clearly stronger than. With such little confidence and self-esteem, I think taking the Hunter Exam again would be out of the question if he failed. I mean Knuckle would have to grab him by his ponytail and drag him through the whole thing.

11. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

Almost finished rewatching the anime again.

One thing I hadn't realized is that apparently Knuckles did not consider Shoot a friend until the Chimera Arc. I would have thought they had spent a lot of time together with Morel. Not sure if this means that Morel taught them separately or their time under him is a lot shorter than I would have thought.

I should actually double check what the manga says.

12. PwnGoatVSPandaman Narutoforums is cancer.

What are you even talking about, Knuckle's ability is literally about loaning power and math, he fried Gon's brain while explaining it.

13. Yasha Procreate

Japan
    I'm talking about street smart.

14. Prasdana New Member

Honestly, I could see that. Maybe they accepted Tonpa's drinks when they first met him and hence why they were unable to complete the first stage?

15. PwnGoatVSPandaman Narutoforums is cancer.

Knuckle is street smart, he's has more fight experience than just about anyone, the only weakness he has is he's a softy.

But even still, Knuckle is borderline Hisoka leveled, so he can just stomp through everyone like hanzo did. (even more easily than hanzo probably even)