1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice

Inspiration Thread

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by Senjougahara Hitagi, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Senjougahara Hitagi Well-Known Member

we've probably had one (or several) of these in the past but there are none on the front page so fuck it

who are the people that push you to continue honing your skills? who are your inspirations?

i'm making this thread for the dual purpose of spreading the word on some artists i personally love and providing a place where others can do the same, hopefully leading to new sources of inspiration

there are a ton of artists i've found on my many searches that i love, but for now i'll just post a few that particularly caught my attention

Artist: Fabio Barboni
    Link:
    Selected works:
    Spoiler:

Why I love them:
    I love the way he captures female grace and elegance with his elongated proportions, flowing hair and complex clothing folds. I'm also a big fan of the subtle complementary color schemes he often chooses.

Artist: Marie Bergeron
    Link:
    Selected works:
    Spoiler:

Why I love them:
    I love her use of texture and her bold but reduced color palette. Also helps that she seems to have a lot of similar fandoms to me.

Artist: Jo Fang
    Link:
    Selected works:
    Spoiler:

Why I love them:
    Possibly my favorite 'anime style' artist I've come across - beautiful and interesting use of color and really lovely character art.

so yeah, post away and feel free to follow a different format

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Xel puddle of toxic waste

I usually get inspiration from random stuff around me, but never from someone else's art tbh.

3. Bontakun ♪ oo ee oo ♫ Moderator

Flag:
    Germany
    I started drawing long before anime.
    As a kid, I drew dinosaurs, sharks, and snakes.

Later I was inspired by fantasy fiction. Tolkien's universe for example. Magic: the Gathering art in particular struck me as beautiful.

Later on it was random artists around the web that were inspirations.

Anime style has had some influence, but it's more cute and convenient than particularly inspiring. Takehiko Inoue and Kentaro Miura are very inspiring though.

4. Underworld Broker Lady Godfather

I've been following a few artists since quite a few years now, their art is usually what inspires me to not stop with art and get better.

Artist: yuumei

Selected works:
    Spoiler:

I love her style of art. Flowers/plants, water, hair and clouds look so perefct. She's a really creative and amazing artist.
    -----------

Artist: Celine Kim

Selected works:
    Spoiler:

The colors of her artworks are always pleasant in my opinion and generally her illustrations look nice.
    --------------

Artist: Sakimichan

Selected works:
    Spoiler:

Her art always inspires me to go and try out semi-realistic art, the armor and jewelry is also perfect and i hope i'll get someday close to that. What i like the most though is the kind of way she's drawing the hair and eyes of characters, it looks really beautiful.
    --------------

Artist: kawacy

Selected works:
    Spoiler:

The level of detail in his pictures... :blobsweat The colors he's always using are mesmerizing and he's probably one of my favorite artist with anime style.
    -------------

I'll post more artists sometime later :blobspaz

5. The Anonymous Get lucky

Inner issues/character flaws of mine are usually a huge inspiration for me. I also draw from Egyptian mythology with the gods having animal heads and such.
    As for artists that inspire me to get better her are a few.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler: