1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

International Baccalaureate FC

Discussion in 'General Fanclubs' started by Shadow of the Lotus, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Shadow of the Lotus

Are you an IB? Have you ever had a taste of the torture experiecne by extended essays, IA's due the next day which have been put off, the countless emphasis on not cheating despite the fact all IBs secretely do (well, we're smart enough to do it only on hw XD). Have you spent countless nights working on hw? You very well might be a candidate to join this fanclub then.

This is an fc dedicated to all those hard workers out there who suffer from the IB program, or for those who have survived such perils. Jokes about the IB gnomes, discussions on the hardships of IB, and the like are all welcome here~ Show your support for one of the biggest internatiol education programs ever made and join the IB FC.
    Oh, and also; join and I'll pos rep.

Spoiler: New official banner

Spoiler: Old official banner

Owner: Shadow of the Lotus
    Co-Owner: ShadowWalker

Members
    Toby_Christ
    Shinigami-Isshin
    TenshiOni
    senseikk
    ageofdarkness
    Sunuvmann
    xXNarutoXx
    RockLee
    Spiral Fan

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Toby

Yay! I wish to join, do I need good grades?

And yes I am an IB student

3. Shinigami-Isshin

i was in IB and got out of it. Does that count? damn physics b

4. ShadowWalker

I am an IB graduate. Can I still join, or is it current students only?

BTW, I know your pain...the many hours of homework, plus the extended essay, not to mention extracurricular activities. But it does pay off. I'm a college senior now and have been for a year already, and I'm only in my third year.

5. Shadow of the Lotus

^^ My apologies to all out there. I've been so busy recently with my IB work that I forgot I made this fanclub. Anyone out there who has had a taste of IB is fully welcome to join. Former IBs, current IBs, even IB-dropouts are all welcome~ What I would like to see is a banner made for this fc dedicated to the ever-beloved IB gnomes. XD any ideas out there? and my apologies for taking so long to return to this fanclub.

6. Shadow of the Lotus

Alright all you out there. I have come up with another fantastic banner for everyone to use. This is a temp one until I decided on how to make one the size of the usual fc banners. Enjoy~
    Spoiler: OMG. GNOMES!!

7. Shinigami-Isshin

8. Shadow of the Lotus

XD Great. I think I already had your name up though. I could use a co-owner to help me promote the club and try to spread the word. Any takers out there?

Edit: Oh, and starting now... anyone who joins get a free rep~ (must be an IB or former IB though)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  9. ShadowWalker

Woot! I will be your co-owner! lol. As much as you suffer through IB, you will be glad you took it afterward. You are so much better prepared. I have given several talks on that actually after graduating from IB in 2002.

10. Shadow of the Lotus

Alrighty. Let's all welcome in our new co-owner of the IB club. :leepose Welcome to co-owner ShadowWalker~ As the official co-own, you are expected to tell people they are in the club if I don't get to it in a day, and also promote this fc preferably through your signature. I know you can do it :D.

11. TenshiOni

12. Shadow of the Lotus

:omg TenshiOni is a former/current IB? Wow, I feel cool as hell now XD.

13. TenshiOni

Current IB. :sweat

14. Shadow of the Lotus

:D I know the pain. I'm logging off right now to type up a chemistry IA, reserch info for my World History IA, fumble around with chapter 8 on calculus BC (Damn double integral notation thingies... I can understand the concept of u = w/e dv = w/e, blah blah blah, but I seem to get stuck after u*v - integral of u *dv. Those dumb things never seem to work! Then I have to analyze THREE poems. Blah. IB is so much work)

15. Shadow of the Lotus

Got bored of my work. Here's the new banner~ I'm posting it next to the initial banner, though I think I'll use the new one myself.

16. ShadowWalker

Nice banner, Shadow. :) I'll have to brush up on my html and whatnot and see what I can whip up as far as siggys go.

Gods, I HATED the cal BC upper level exam. It was a pain in the ass, and no one made higher than a 4 because it was so hard to prove your answers. Even though we'd all programmed our calculators with the formulas and whatnot. I made a 3. I didn't like the physics exam either, but I kicked ass in spanish upper level.

17. ShadowWalker

Oh, and Tenshi, you're already on the list. :) Arrrrgggghhhh, my html coding is not so good right now...trying to figure out a pretty way to do the link to the FC and how to change the text on the buttons underneath (so they don't say 'spoiler').

18. Toby

Gnomes for teh win!
    *rock-and-roll-all-night,-that-is,-had-it-not-been-for-History-test-tommorrow-sigh*

ah well, Good luck to us all graduates!

19. Shadow of the Lotus

To your spoiler question, just add =something right after the spoiler thing. For instance, [ S P O I L E R=This is an awesome link~] [/ S P O I L E R ] only without the spaces.

20. senseikk

You guys make the IB program sound so scary. This is my first year at IB and it seem to be going well but it's only in the begining to the year. I want to join!!

21. Shadow of the Lotus

*comes back from 4 hours of homework* :ninja Ah yes, another member *adds*. And I'm back to calculus some more... Damn integration by parts *runs off*

22. ShadowWalker

Be afraid...be very afraid.

No, seriously. In the beginning, it will seem very scary. But you get used to it as time goes by. I'm an IB grad, so I'm over and done with, and you WILL survive. You might get mauled by the SL and HL tests at the end, and the EE, but you'll live. :p

Good luck on the homework and calculus, SotL. It'll all be over soon.

23. Shadow of the Lotus

*bump no-justu* :ninja We need to grow the gnome army. All Ibs out there; come and join the IB FC.

24. ageofdarkness

Me joins. :)

I'm just new to the IB and Tech Magnet Program at my high school.

25. Shadow of the Lotus

XD that was quick. *adds to list* :ninja We must continue the growth of the gnome army. Calling all Ibs out there; join up and celebrate one of the most time consuming parts of our lives~

26. ageofdarkness

:beer Cheers to the invincible gnome army :beer

27. happygolucky

OMG. Not ONLY do I have to endure hearing about this stuff at school, I get to see it on NF too. >_____________________<

I am DEFINETELY not joining. And why do you join? Just to talk about the damn vicious program? How hard it is? Screw that. I get enough just being in the classrooms, talking about my future. JESUS!
    [/rant]

Sorry. I do not wanna join. Just had to vent. XD

*leaves*

28. ShadowWalker

*blinks* Wow. And I thought the IB peeps didn't like the program.

We join to give each other support; fellow IBers are prone to doing that, among other things *coughprocrastinationcough*. And to increase the mighty army of IBGnomes. Does that make us IBGs? Is that like WMDs? *chuckles*

29. Shadow of the Lotus

XDD I fully agree. This isn't some sort of prep "OMG, I LOVE IB AND CASTRATING MYSELF" sort of fc here. We get to b**ch about the program and support each other. You don't have to join, but I'd personally suggest it if you're in IB. XDD We get to flaunt our intellgence in public, so why not here? (btw, I try not to flaunt my intellgence, though I have been known to do it on occasion. Apologies to all offended, but seriously, lighten up on the fc XD)

30. ShadowWalker

Well...I took math in school, now I'm grading it. :p I got a job grading papers in the math lab at UNT, though I was a little surprised they gave me the job. I think having IB Calculus helped my cause.

I was just invited back by my high school IB Coordinator to speak at the annual 8th grade recruitment dinner for the fifth year in a row (apparently I do a good job?) and I get to laud (or lambaste) IB as I see fit. :) Though...it's been four years since I was in IB...I think I need a refresher. Let's see. ToK, IAs, EEs, AP testing, NHS, CAS, HL and SL tests, paying $500 for aforementioned tests, waking up at o'dark hundred for 0 hour classes, World Lit paper, English oral exams over strange and unknown novels, having hours and hours of homework and research, seeing the same people every day for four years in school, procrastination on EVERYTHING...and saving $20,000 in tuition by skipping two years of college and getting out of all the college basics. I think that about does it. Am I missing anything?