1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Interview with a Masako Nozawa.

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Cain1234, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Cain1234 Well-Known Member

ComicBook.com: Dragon Ball Super's finale was a huge hit with fans, so how does it feel returning for the movie with so much support?

Masako Nozawa: It's just amazing. Goku has a very special place in everyone's hearts. He's been with us for such a long time; he's always going to be there.

Do you feel Goku's changed since the Tournament of Power and fighting so many strong opponents?

Goku never changes. He's always been the same, he's always going to be Goku. He wants one thing for the whole world. He just wants peace, he wants everyone to get along with each other. So when [he] encounters a villain or a bad guy, all he's trying to do is change the way they think a little bit and shift them towards good. So if in the middle of a fight if a bad guy says, "You know what? I changed my mind, I'm going to be a good guy now," he's going to stop fighting. He's not in it to beat him up to a pulp or prove that he's better or stronger. He just wants peace.

Fans are very excited for Goku's big fight with Broly, so did that add any pressure or excitement when performing those scenes?

I really don't feel that much pressure at all. Because the moment I walk into the studio I become Goku. I feel what Goku feels, take on the same attitude he has, so I just want peace at that point too. He doesn't train to become stronger, to beat people up for the sake of beating people up, he trains to become stronger so he has the power to kind of shift the way people think towards good.Goku Just Wants Peace
    How does Goku feel about Broly?

Goku never hates anyone. He doesn't even have the idea of vengeance. All he is trying to do is say, "Hey, if you behave that way you're going to cause trouble for people. You're disturbing people's lives, don't do that." So I think Goku really believes Broly is a friend.

He's trying his best to make peace with Broly?

All Goku is doing is going, "Hey, you've got it a bit wrong, buddy. You're thinking about this all wrong. If you just turn direct that energy over here, there's so much more potential, more possibility. So hey, come to this side." That's all Goku is trying to do.

Favorite Transformation?

Goku's had many transformations, many forms, over the years. Do you possibly have a favorite one?

[laughs] There's no favorite. I am all of them, and they're all me. Masako Nozawa equals Son Goku. That's all there is. Really, if more people in the world thought the way Goku thought then we could achieve world peace. He never goes out to fight someone with the intent of just beating them for the sake of beating them. He would never think of killing anyone. All he wants to do is change the way people think.

Can Goku Reach Ultra Instinct Again?
    Goku using Ultra Instinct was an intense moment, did you go anywhere special for that performance?

There really is no secret to how I build the character. What I see on the screen, I see Goku, I feel whatever he's feeling. And when I saw Goku that way I knew, "OK, this is what Goku must be feeling," so I just try to match whatever I see and become Goku.

Do you think he can reach that level again?

I don't know if he'll ever get to that instinct level, but he's always training. He's constantly training. So I think there's going to be a lot more Goku to be seen, because he's always training.

Anything to Look Out For?
    Is there anything you're excited for fans to see now that Dragon Ball Super: Broly is releasing soon in theaters?

I mean, there are lots of things, but I don't want to spoil it. I want from the moment the room goes dark and the screen lights up, that's when the experience begins. So in that moment everyone's going to draw something different. There are lots of things I personally like, but I'm not going to ruin the experience for anyone right now.

Would you be willing to return for another outing as Goku if called upon again?

I mean, of course, I am Goku. Goku is my clone. So as long as Goku exists, so will I. I don't think Goku will let anyone else act as him, either.

Woman is a legend.

Tags:
  2. JayDZ3 Well-Known Member

“He just wants one thing for the world, he just wants peace”

Somewhere Toriyama has an aneuryism

3. MShadows Deathbat

"So if in the middle of a fight if a bad guy says, "You know what? I changed my mind, I'm going to be a good guy now," he's going to stop fighting."

Try that with a robber armed with a gun in the middle of the night while you're wearing nothing more than underwear and see if it works.

:mjlol

4. Prince Vegeta I cast aside nothing

5. MShadows Deathbat

It's ironic that Nozawa's description of her character goes against Toriyama saying that Goku is not a righteous hero and him being selfish in the way that he fights for his own enjoyment.

6. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

7. JayDZ3 Well-Known Member

Read some of Toriyamas interviews on Goku. He hates the way Goku was portrayed as a righteous hero by Toei and thinks of him as a simple minded hick who only cares about Waku Waku and nothing else comes close

8. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

Yeah I know, I've been reading/watching this since DB. Lol.

9. Hazard Black♠️Vegeta

well, ofc goku wants peace for the world if you ask him.
    but he doesnt take it so serios.

10. Charmander Well-Known Member

Love her but she is full of shit, what she described is NOT goku.

11. Juub Well-Known Member

Her description of Goku is like her voice of Goku, completely off. :bookerskully

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    • Dislike x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  12. MShadows Deathbat

13. Fusion Well Known-Member

Lol wtf. Shame that Nozawa of all people doesn't understand the Gokster.

14. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

That increases the chance of Broly surviving the movie imo.

15. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

I think Nozawa was trolling because what she just described was Naruto not Goku.

Goku? Peace? He'll commit suicide out of boredom.

16. Spider-Man have a nice day

France
    to be fair while i do not agree with Nozawa's interpretation of Goku's character, Toriyama himself has no idea what he's talking about because he never portrayed Goku as an all-around fighting autist who cared about nothing else but battle in the original manga

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. JayDZ3 Well-Known Member

18. Fusion Well Known-Member

He had a sense of justice and pride but his primary motivation was to better himself and fight strong opponents.

Don't think Tori said anything to contradict that but I might be remembering wrong.

19. Supreme King of The Alley - Lord Ashi Yaaaaay

He was willing to let Raditz slide when he faked his surrender so Nozawa isnt wrong at all

20. Juub Well-Known Member

And he was also willing to let Vegeta go just so he could fight him again despite the fact that Vegeta was a murderous psychopath and told them he'd come for them again. Goku won't murder needlessly(he gave the Ginyu Force a chance to walk away) but that he just wants peace and that he wants to change villains' minds is completely false. He won't kick a man who doesn't wanna fight but he sure as hell ain't gonna try to turn bad guys into good ones.

21. Roman Emperor

Amazing. Goku's VA thinks Goku is Naruto.

22. Pilaf The Man in the Rain

23. Supreme King of The Alley - Lord Ashi Yaaaaay

I'll put this way

What Nozawa’s getting at is that Goku isn’t about indulging in senseless violence

He wouldn’t fight with someone unless he had to stop them, but he doesn’t exactly hate that part either

You understand?

24. Supreme King of The Alley - Lord Ashi Yaaaaay

25. Juub Well-Known Member

26. Luiz Well-Known Member

She isn't completely wrong. Goku does forgive easily.

27. Superstars Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter...Nozawa is better than your fav voice actor [Except Cell's VA] and Goku dumps on your emo main casters.

28. Suigetsu

29. Blade DAN DAN

it's gonna be canon, lads :bookerskully

30. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Goku's real personality is somewhere between Toriyama's and Nozawa's opinion.

He does have a sense of responsibility and an inclination for good, he sees fighting as a sport not as a deathmatch.

He wouldn't have hunted Tamborine or humiliated Frieza as he did is he really was a 100% fighting maniac.