1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Completed Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by Lew, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lew Retired Staff

Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara
    Studio: P.A. Works

Synopsis from MAL

Set in the city of Nagasaki, the story takes place in a world where a miniscule amount of magic remains in everyday life. Hitomi Tsukishiro is a 17-year-old descendant of a witch family who grew up with stale emotions, as she lost her sense of color at a very young age. Feeling sorry for her granddaughter's future, Kohaku, a great witch, sends Hitomi to past, the year 2018. Through exchanges with her 17-year-old grandmother and her club members, the story follows Hitomi's growth as a person.

PV1

PV2

Source: Original

Genres: Drama

Main Cast

Chiba, Shoya as Aoi, Shou​
    Hondo, Kaede as Tsukishiro, Kohaku
    Ishihara, Kaori as Tsukishiro, Hitomi

Staff
    Director - Shinohara, Toshiya
    Sound Director - Yamada, You
    Theme Song Performance - Yanagi, Nagi
    Character Design/ Chief Animation Director - Akiyama, Yuki

Tags:
  2. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Ohh this looks heartwarming. I'll check this out

3. blakstealth Moderator

I hope this won't be another Glasslip situation lol

4. Lew Retired Staff

I enjoyed this

5. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

It was pretty damn boring. It was pretty, but I disliked it quite a bit and should've dropped it early. Not quite Glasslip levels of bad, but I really just didn't like it.

6. blakstealth Moderator

I'm a couple of episodes in, and it's pretty decent so far. Kurumi b g

7. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

I really loved this one. I should’ve expected the feels from the director who did NagiAsu.

8. blakstealth Moderator

Hitomi is so precious. Sho better not be having feelings for her.:capc

9. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

They both are the most boring characters in their show.

10. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

I thought she got better at the end. She def got character development if you were to compare how she was in the beginning to the end. She was more interesting than some other deadpan character I know lol :lmao

:blobowo

11. blakstealth Moderator

boring characters are precious to me :hurr

12. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

I can't relate :catprone

13. blakstealth Moderator

there was this scene in episode 5 where Asagi mentioned Sho making the tabletop all brown. I guess she's talking about the food that he brought, but what does the brown represent? I don't get it.

14. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Shit :maybe

15. blakstealth Moderator

:blobspit

To shit on Asagi's feelings? gotcha

16. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

I forgot but it prob has to do with Hitomi lol

17. blakstealth Moderator

at first I thought it was because of Hitomi not being able to see colors, but she hasn't told anyone yet except for Aoi. Maybe it's just a weird translation or some Japanese thing

18. blakstealth Moderator

What a bittersweet ending.

Spoiler:
    There are so many questions I have, but it might be better if they're not explained. I would've liked to know more about the family dynamic of the Tsukishiro family, though. Like what was it like between Kohaku and her daughter (Hitomi's mom) since she was born with no magic. Why did she leave? Where did she go? Did she die? Was it the grave of her mother that Hitomi was visiting? It's clear now that Kohaku wanted to make everyone happy with magic and has failed in some respect with that.

As far as relationships go, it seems like Kohaku married the used bookstore guy. And the two high school girls from the future are grandchildren of Asagi and Kurumi, which is very sweet. And the club is still going strong. I wonder who those two girls got together with! Ugh, I just wanna know. I was hoping to see the old club members as elders, but we didn't. And Kohaku level 77 didn't mention them either. Ugh, I wanna know!!!!

I enjoyed the series. Definitely better than Glasslip.

19. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Those were a lot of the questions from a lot of people, but a lot of things regarding relationships were left open ended like in NagiAsu lol

Spoiler:
    Though a lot of people have speculated that the high school girls Hitomi are friends with are the grand children, it's honestly still just speculation lol. I was also hoping to see if Hitomi would see the club members when they're older, but who knows if they're even in the same town anymore or alive. I wasn't sure if the grave Hitomi visited was actually her mom or Yu(? I forgot everyone's names already lol). I only realized that Kohaku married the bookstore owner after someone pointed it out online lol. THough apparently my sisters figured it out before me hahah. I was wondering if there was gonna be something there since he showed up quite a few times for a side character.

It'd be nice if they had a manga or novel for side stories of missing pieces, but idk if it's entirely neccessary. It'd still be nice to know though lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. blakstealth Moderator

Spoiler:
    It would be so appropriate and sweet if they were. One of them is wearing the ribbon similar to Asagi, and the other kind of has similar hair color. Let me believe!!!!:blu

Hm, the grave could be Yuito's as well I guess. He would be around 76 ish years old in the future.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, was Hitomi's mom Kohaku's biological daughter or just a daughter-in-law? Maybe she had a son? I only assumed that Kohaku had a daughter since HER grandma had a daughter, married a non-mage man, and then had Kohaku who's a female magic user as well.

And what is the golden fish?!:slamslam

21. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Spoiler:
    I also wanted to believe that cause I was hoping they'd expand more on those ships, but the anime wasn't really focusing on them but mainly on Hitomi and her relationships with people in general. I can still hope :cry

I assumed Yuito at first since Hitomi said she wanted to find her mom again but then people mentioned Kohaku started crying when she said that... But she could've been crying happy tears too so.. :hm

Oh wow I never actually.. thought about that before.. Since her mom was a non-magic user, she could've been a daughter in law, but it sounded like she was a rare case of someone in the family who didn't have magic iirc? I don't remember lol. The mages in their family were only females right?

Wasn't sure about that one either, but I thought they just kept using that as symbolism for Yuito's passion for drawing or something? Has to do with him and art since that's what Hitomi saw in color first and then it started changing everything to color, what guided Yuito to Hitomi and what kept showing up in Hitomi's hallucination things dealing with him. Also seeing it dead in the desert when she was in Yuito's mind could've indicated that Yuito was lost when it came to art and his passion for it me thinks.

22. blakstealth Moderator

Spoiler:
    yeah, I re-watched the episode again where Hitomi talks about her mom "being the first of her kind in the Tsukihiro family." So Kohaku probably had a daughter. And yeah, just going by the relatives, the family births female mage users...except for hitomi's mom. Kohaku's grandma can use magic, Kohaku's mom can use magic, SHE can use magic, Hitomi can use magic, etc. I don't believe it was ever explicitly said, though.

As far as the fish symbolism goes, I'll take your word for it. The fish was representing some kinda passion or freedom that Yuito was seeking with his drawings or something like that.

Speaking of Yuito, though...the book he made and Hitomi realizing that it was him that made it was so good. It's very fitting that the only book she could see colors in as a child was his book. He definitely wanted Hitomi to read the book when he made it, so it was well worth it. And Yuito representing themselves as animals is pretty cute. Hitomi as a penguin, Asagi as a cute lil bunny with the green ribbon tied on her ear, Kurumi as a flying squirrel, Yuito as a bear, Sho as a bear, Chigusa as a cat, and Kohaku as a parrot. oh man, the tears are coming in again.

23. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Spoiler:
    Ohhh okay then yeah then Hitomi's mom was Kohaku's daughter it seems. Oof that's rough though..

Oh man I fucking cried a waterfall during the book scene.. It clicked earlier that Yuito was the author of the book Hitomi was able to see color of when she was a child so when we see the book by him I just lost it lol. I just really loved how both of them needed each other to overcome the struggles they were holding. I just really loved their character development throughout the series :cry They were really good influences for each other

24. blakstealth Moderator

Spoiler:
    I agree. As much as I wanted to see the relationships and dynamics of the characters fleshed out more (whether they be in the past or in the future), the story really focused on Hitomi and her journey. And Yuito was the one that got the most profound development with her. I was satisfied with how their relationship turned out to be. They confessed their love for each other and their shared time together was short-lived unfortunately. But despite that, it was done in good taste. The vagueness and moments where things are left up to the audience's interpretation in a way make the show better.