1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Aizawa a good teacher?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Claudio Swiss, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Tags:
  2. ~VK~ The King

he's a better teacher than a hero. fucking jobbinghead smh

3. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

It depends on what you want out of a teacher. If you want someone to guide the next generation, make them grow as people, then he is fucking horrible. Aizawa has expelled over 150 students in his career because he felt they had no potential. However as a mentor he is better, he is only interested in teaching those with potential and bringing them as far as they possible can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Ignition Matarah Sukha

I think he's a fine teach, gives good advices, kind of like Kakashi without the emotional trauma and favoritism going on.
    He's fine with letting them mold their own path.

5. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

It's a mixed bag. I'd say his way of handling Mineta and Bakugou has been pretty piss poor, as he hasn't seemed to care much for their behavioral issues which could have severe backlashes in society if they don't smarten up. Although this might not be Aizawa specifically, and more of UA's problem.

Honestly, UA being the top hero school in Japan is kind of hard to believe. They failed twice at keeping the students safe, have wasted tons of good potential students from becoming heroes due to their entrance exams, and haven't done jack shit to for the emotional preparation of "problem" students like Mineta and Bakugou, with a potential traitor student/teacher lurking in the shadows.

I would probably not give UA to Chief, because he doesn't take things that aren't "it". :noworries

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

They are the top school just because of the amount of talent that goes there every year, and that talent goes there just because it is said to be the top school.

Aizawa sucks as a teacher, everyone does. Even AM is only now taking a more defined teacher approach with Deku.

The whole school program makes no sense :lmao

7. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

one of the teachers carries a gun around... what kind of a responsible teacher is that?

8. Ignition Matarah Sukha

I'm more worried about Midnight having the hots for 15 year old kids.

9. Ignition Matarah Sukha

I agree that UA is pretty terrible in general if they employs career heroes to teach instead of legic teachers, not to mention the amount of times criminals infiltrated it. It doesn't look like it will last long if this keeps up, maybe they will shut it down at some point and we can skip 2nd and 3rd year.

10. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

I don't believe we know the AoC for the Boku no Hero universe but if it is semi like Japan then it is around 13 federally so there is actually nothing wrong with her lusting for them then.
    And if that is the case then legally and biologically it isn't really applicable to call them "kids" anymore.

11. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

Holy facken shiet, i completely forgot about Midnight.

Also, that dog dude is the guidance counsellor?

No wonder the kids are cracked. :skully

12. Ignition Matarah Sukha

Uhh i'm aware some countries don't give a shit about age but I don't think a 30+ year old openly lusting after 15 year olds is normal. Regardless im going to take Midnight as just a comic relief kind of character, just for the sake of it.

Though I have to wonder how well Tumblr would take it if she were a he :lmao

13. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    He expelled an entire class simply because he didn't like them. So based on that, I would say no. But discarding that I don't think he even taught anyone at Class A anything meaningful.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  14. Tenma The Inferno

Toga's gonna turn out to be one of those kids he expelled en masse last year

hence why she knows his moves.

15. Roman Chariot

It's as much as UA problem as it is an Aizawa problem imo. @Ignotion hit the nail on the head when he mentioned UA's problem is employing career heroes rather than actual teachers, although I kinda have to blame the fact that the hero industry is still relatively young, and the point of a hero school is to teach kids how to be heroes. Thus, for people struggling to make a young industry grow, what better people are there to teach kids how to be heroes than actual heroes with field experience?

The point is, no one's going to know how to be an actual teacher, so the next best thing is to ask career heroes to teach kids. Chances are that not many of them, if any, will have the correct mindset to cultivate the next generation of heroes properly, and Aizawa is both the perfect example of that and reflective of UA as a whole.

I will admit however that UA itself is rather horrible as a school if you look at how well it did against other schools in the provisional exam. Save for some students who are legitimately talented and exceptional, most UA students don't compare too favorably against students from other schools. Part of the problem is UA's screening process too. They search too hard for people with talent as opposed to trying to cultivate anyone who wants to try i.e. its standards are too high. You don't measure the worth of a school based on their strongest student, but their weakest one.

Carefully. There's a few people in this section who may be ultra-progun believers :maybe

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest tbh.

16. Iskandar Gourmet Hunter

I don't understand why they don't have any martial arts class. It doesn't make any sense.

17. ~VK~ The King

lmao nothing will ever be done about mineta because you're not supposed to take him serious. he's a gag character. can't fault aizawa for that.

bakugou shouldn't learn anything from those lesser than him smh. especially from a professional jobber.

18. ~VK~ The King

aizawa should've continued his tradition of expelling scrub students tbh. 60% of class A are scrubs who don't really deserve to be at this supposed best of the best top tier school if you ask me. expel their asses :camby

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

On a serious note though... Eraserhead just does what he's supposed to as far as first year teaching goes. Don't think anyone predicted how much class 1A would have gone through in the beginning. Also the complicated ethical circumstances with the stain incident and the internships... kinda heavy for first years. Guy does his best given the situation and the appropriate advice he can give. But moving forward with his character, not sure if there's any guidance he could give considering what's left and I'll just say... If he dies, he dies.

20. Pliskin Well-Known Member

UA seems to have more of a Randian bootstraps approach to things, where talented students are allowed to shine and become experienced and trained through internship, while the masses are more of a proving ground for these talents to stand out. Though they all get probably more experience than other schools via the biannual villain raids.

See their sports festival that is bona fide Chunnin exams passive aggressive student proxy war.

21. Luiz Well-Known Member

UA tolerates Endeavor, so nothing new there.

The kinda teacher that shoots motherfuckers who mess with his students.
    :bigboss

15y old me would've been okay with that. :cat

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  22. Gunstarvillain Endless One

Doesn't kakashi have the same damn track record?

23. The Big G King Of The Monsters

Pretty much, but I would argue that Aizawa is a better teacher, but not by much.

Best Jeanist did more to try to work on Bakugou's personality than Aizawa ever did.

24. Wizzrobevox I'm About To Smash!!!

On reflection, yeah, kind of a shitty teacher, mostly because we haven't seem him ACTUALLY teach anything. Cementoss and Plasmaboi has taught the kids more than Aizawa has in all reality. What lessons have we seen Aizawa teach any of the students really? You'd think as a career hero there'd be more in the way of him actually talking about how hero work was for him, ya know, as a point of reference. I get why that is the case from a meta reality, since having a chapter that is basically Aizawa lecturing might not be all that exciting for a serialized story, but me personally would love to see more of the day to day life of going to school at UA. I feel like that could quell a couple of complaints many of us have with UA to some degree. I get that Hirokoshi is used to jumping arc to arc without much lagtime from his last two series, but having a couple of chapters just focusing on what the kids actually learn eould be good.

I mean for god's sake, NONE OF THESE FUTURE HEROES HAVE HAD PROPER RESCUE TRAINING? UA didn't schedule another date for them to learn or jist do some in-school drills? Not even a study session? Like for real? I get that thry pasted but they were flying by the seat if their ass more than anything.

Again, from a meta perspective, I get why its the case, but its quickly shown itself to be a real weakness storywise. It might have helped narritively if UA wasn't held as the 1# hero school.