1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

Is Akainu significantly weaker than Shanks?

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Lee-Sensei, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

While it does point towards that but I still need my confirmation to be absolutely sure.

2. Seraphoenix Kaladin Stormblessed

Do you perhaps have a different translation for that Buggy quote? It seems poorly done as we know Garp fought Roger and lived.

3. Nidai Kitetsu Active Member

Yeah, ViZ wasnt good those days. From Stephen's old scripts,

Buggy: NO WAY!!!!
    Listen up, and I mean listen up flashy-like!! No matter what happens, never...
    EVER do ANYTHING to Whitebeard's men!!!
    Whitebeard is... he is...
    A legendary "MONSTER" who was once the only man who could ever match the Pirate King Roger!!!
    HE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT, THE MOST POWERFUL PIRATE IN THE WORLD!!!!
    THE MAN CLOSEST TO THE "ONE PIECE"!!!!
    And the one thing Whitebeard will not stand for AT ALL is the death of his crew!!!
    THIS IS ABSOLUTE!! THAT'S WHAT KIND OF MAN HE IS!!!

4. Seraphoenix Kaladin Stormblessed

Regarding WB talking about Mihawk and Shanks. I've seen two translations. One saying they had one duel while another says 'duels' . Do you know which one is accurate?

And did Mihawk say he didn't want to settle things with a one-armed man like Shanks or does he say he has no interest in a one-armed man like Shanks?

5. Nidai Kitetsu Active Member

The early chapters were translated from Chinese script and by translators who were not really fluent in English. I trust Stephen's script for these, you can find those here (till chapter 545),

Stephen translated Mihawk's statement as,
    Shanks: Well well, Hawk-Eyes. An unexpected visitor.
    I'm in a bad mood right now... Have you come for a match?

Mihawk: Hmph... I'm not interested in our fight, now that you have but one arm.
    I've found some interesting pirates.

And Whitebeard's statement as,
    Whitebeard: It passed in the blink of eye, to me...
    But plenty already speak of them as legends.
    The days of the duels between you and Hawk-Eyes,
    they are still fresh in my ears..

6. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

Mihawk is no longer interested in a handicapped Shanks. Its going to be one sided. :maybe

7. xmysticgohanx Zoro > Law

Oda didn't give Kaido WSM because he isn't human.

1. Kaido not being human

and

2. Kaido getting the title after WB's death

Make the most sense of what we see in the manga right now.

8. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

Sorry but I cannot agree with you on this :gglife

We don't know if Kaido was the WSC even before WB died. For all we know, Kaido held that title ever since he became Yonkou.

9. TheWiggian Retarded donkey lover

I don't dimish the Yonkou there is just something higher at the peak while you think the Yonkou are some kind of gods. Also while we are at it, the PK is the man with the most freedom means that not even someone like a Yonkou or Navy Admiral could stay in his way.

Oh yea you mean the Admiral that was a fan of Luffy and had to pretend that he was doing his job. The fear must sit deep since that feat of Big Meme comes up over and over again. Don't forget to add that the Yonkou had to cover her arm with CoA, else she would've been hurt by the Kong Gun.

Indeed why hype the Yonkou to be capable of doing it in one year if they couldn't accomplish it in decades despite being the strongest.

:bookerskully

If you mean surviving attacks in terms of plot or getting away from stronger enemies, then i don't see how this kind of plot helps a Yonkou to become PK if he is already at the top.

Yeah let's listen what a demented woman that only thinks about cakes has to say about powerlevels. :bookerskully
    Funny how some fans fall for it after all Oda did to the Meme Pirates.

At least you admit that Shanks wasn't worth enough for Oda to show WB's Gura Gura against him. We are making real progress here. :cackle

10. Ava The Red Kraken

haven't checked back in this thread since page 3

we still fighting?

cuz if so im ready for round 2 :hestonpls

11. Superstars Well-Known Member

At the start of a party the host brings out the good wine but at the end the watered down stuff cause everyone is drunk. Which part did Shanks show up to?:hestonpls

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017 at 12:52 AM
  12. Don Elson Dark Knight

they're already in round 4 but feel free to join :salute

13. Seraphoenix Kaladin Stormblessed

They are the Mount Everest of One Piece. Do you get recognised as strongest if you defeat Akainu or the Yonko? :leo You are not addressing these points.

Based on a WB that could barely use haki, heart attacks etc and still beat Akainu in two hits the other Yonko would demolish him. Your second point is irrelevant. We know the person who can conquer the New World is the strongest in OP. Admirals have nothing to do with it.

Yes yes. Fujitora says he is serious, uses his second most powerful attack (which does no damage lol) and then minutes after Luffy leaves attempts to execute the alliance but was not serious? :hestonpls Nice fanfic. Kong Gun was much much more powerful and Big Meme didn't budge while your admiral was moving from no name Luffy and Zoro moves. Such portrayal. Hell Luffy wasn't even serious against him which makes it far worse.

Because they are not the MC as in Oda's example of Akainu being MC?

You're trying to compare MC Akainu with plain Yonko. MC Yonkos finish OP faster than MC Akainu. Kaido is already stronger so it would be very easy. The others are all on his level unlike Akainu.

-Lola comes back and marries Loki who has forgiven BM
    -BM becomes PK

There I just gave a simple scenario of plot that would end OP faster than Akainu if he was MC. Besides surviving attacks and getting away the MC gets lots of powerups to win their battles. Luffy has the fastest growth rate we've seen because he is MC.

Prove that she was not in the right state of mind when saying that.

Yes Oda is going to reveal the fruit in a skirmish instead of at the war:psyduck Besides haki cancels his fruit power.

:tupac Akainu was lambasting Coby for not being able to handle his watered wine and throwing up. Neighbour Shanks came and asked Akainu and his brothers if they would like some whisky. They all declined and then big bro Sengoku shut down the party ASAP when Shanks threatened to shove the whisky down their throats if they didn't stop making a fucking noise.

14. Don Elson Dark Knight

15. TheWiggian Retarded donkey lover

Well since WB died a new Yonkou rose up and the Marines literally moved further into he new world to G1 to challenge the remainig Yonkou after the WSM was gone and Akainu became the FA. Says alot about WB and Sakazuki not the other Yonkou.

Based on Sengoku's multiple statements that WB was still called the strongest making him stronger than both Yonkou and Marines.

Yes yes, keep denying that Fujitora was a fan of the strawhats because the Marines couldn't do anything against Doflamingo that's why he said he wants to abolish the Shichibukai system. Oh so i guess Big Meme is not serious about killing a smaller group of the strawhats but magically can't do it despite according to you being much stronger than Issho?

Wow ok hehe so Fujitora is much weaker than a Yonkou couldn't kill a strawhat - heart alliance + grand fleet is worse portrayal

Than

A Yonkou crew that is much stronger than a single Admiral and fails miserably to kill half the strawhats with a small group of allies in their own territory lead by 1 of the Mount Everest's in One Piece

"Seraphoenix 2017-09-14"

:hestonpls

What would the Yonkou gain from being the MC? For the Marines case it's definitely being a pirate with the strenght of a FV looking for the One Piec, it makes sense that the Yonkou wouldn't be able to stop Sakazuki for longer than 1 year because of how powerful he is and what resources he's got compared to current Luffy. The Yonkou are already pirates that look for the One Piece.

But Lola ain't coming back and Big Meme doesn't become the PK, that's how it rolls.
    Sad isn't it? She just keeps failing, failing with increasing family, failing with marrying other races for the win, failing with gigantification. All she can do is eat cake. I think Oda made it more than clear enough.

Why would Akainu get a growth rate like Luffy and how? He is 56, at the very top of the Marines, a FA with top tier stats, haki and decades of fruit mastery, arguably having awakening. I don't see which powerups are left for Oda to shove them into Sakazuki's ass.

How about you first prove she could've crushed the Yonkou a long time ago?
    As fr as i remember no such thing happened at least not on panel because from all things we saw from her she is far away from crushing even a deathbed WB.
    Manga panels are clearly showing the opposite for now.

So nothing to say? Yea guess Shanks was not really worth it. Oda decided to use the fruit for stronger foes like the Ultimate warriors of the WG, the Admirals.

Haki doesn't cancel devilfruit powers
    This just confirms you got no clue what you talking about.

Yes that comes very close to the 9,6 B.
    :bookerskully:bookerskully

Edited.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 7:58 AM
  16. Don Elson Dark Knight

17. TheWiggian Retarded donkey lover

18. Seraphoenix Kaladin Stormblessed

That's nice but doesn't prove you need to defeat marines to prove you are the strongest.

Challenge? Have I missed some panels of Marines invading Yonko territory?

WB himself says he isn't strongest. His word and Marco's> office sitter Sengoku

I'm not interested in your fairy tales. It's canon that Fujitora said he was upholding his position (taking the fight seriously) in his fight against Luffy despite him liking Luffy. You're just mad he was huffing and puffing against a non-serious Luffy who didn't use one named move while Fujitora had to use his fruit ( 2nd strongest named move even) to get an advantage over Luffy. If he wasn't serious he would not have attempted to execute the alliance mere minutes after the fight.

You mean like how he killed Law with his meteors? Or Sabo with Raging Tiger? :tupac just because he thought that could kill them doesn't mean it would when Luffy had island level attacks as well as Zoro and Law having mountain level attacks. lol at that rubble doing anything when it was created by Luffy and his KKG mostly.

She could have killed him multiple times, for example after he was captured by the enraged army. It's called plot. There is a world of difference between Luffy and co running away from BM while Luffy and Fujitora had an extended exchange where Fujitora had to use his second most powerful attack to get an advantage over Luffy.

Call me when a non-serious G2/3 Luffy forces Big Mom to use a serious attack against him 1v1 like with Fujitora when he couldn't do it with a fucking G4 Kong Gun.

Are you really this dense lmao. They would have whatever barriers preventing them from being PK removed. Like the Lola marriage for instance. If Akainu is so strong why doesn't he go beat the Yonko 1 at a time like you say he can? Or does he get advantages if he is MC?

This is nothing but gibberish and doesn't dispute the fact that being MC would allow these things to happen to BM. You know that in shounen the main character achieves their goal right? or do you need this dumbed down for you too?

I never said Akainu would have the same growth rate. Merely that being MC gives you more advantages in growth compared to other characters. Oda would come up with a scenario where Akainu becomes stronger because at his current level he would die to Yonko.

She says if she had the giants she would have beaten them. :derpko If you think she is lying and delusional about her power compared to the other Yonko then prove it.

What manga panels? Do you have a panel of anyone injuring her? WB did worse than 2 out of 3 admirals than his subordinate Marco. That's how nerfed he was. BM talks to her FM like he is a child compared to her.

You mean Oda decided to destabilise WB, take away consistent haki and give him heart attacks to make the fights look fair against these ultimate warriors :aww

Do yourself a favour and stop embarrassing yourself

19. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

WB is the weakest Yonkou. Its canon now, they always show the weakest and they all get beaten first.

20. Don Elson Dark Knight

come on, now. I thought you only hate Garp and Sengoku now even WB? should I crossed him on my Jake Cena hate list now?

21. JeffHamos GreenHorn

> Introduced as The Strongest Man In The World
    > First Yonko to die

22. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

I don't hate WB, I just don't agree with some people that still consider him the strongest when he's way past his prime.

The only thing that made him the strongest, is the destructive power of the Gura Gura as he can destroy the world if he wanted too, which none of the other characters could potentially do.

23. Don Elson Dark Knight

24. TheWiggian Retarded donkey lover

Yeap you definitely missed something and if you are not sure about the stuff you talk you can reread the manga before responding. The new world is Yonkou territory and if you like it or not Sakazuki moved the Navy headquaters in there. That motherfucker isn't scared of anyone.

Well WB's performance says otherwise cuz noone have shown feats on his level so far. I doubt i need to add something to that because you got nothing to prove otherwise.

If you are not interested in fairy tales you should stop writing them and face the truth. Fujitora maintained all rubble floating and once he got serious Luffy was about to fly into the ocean and drown. Luffy was as helpless as against Meme despite having more rest between the fights.

So where is the difference between Fujitora and Big Meme in this example? They both thought they could kill Luffy and friends. Will you claim that 1 is plot and the other lack of strenght? Don't make a fool out of you.

Just as Fuji could've killed Luffy while he was unconcious after his fight with Doflamingo. There is no world difference since a single Admiral managed to make the strawhats + Law + grand fleet retreat while Big Meme needed a whole army with all her subordinates for half the dtrawhats + firetank pirates + few minks and a parody of power rangers in their own territory.

Call me again when a gear 4 Luffy engages in a fight with energy for more than a single punch and isn't attacked in between by Yonkou commanders.

Which barriers can a Yonkou have according to you they are some invincible beings that can easily crush Admirals?

Don't worry Sakazuki is working on that as we speak. Also we all know there won't be any Yonkou once Luffy is PK. There is no space for them once a true king rules. I don't know what kind of powerup someone like Sakazuki can get as MC if he's already at the very top. The only thing it could be is that the PK is stronger than a FA or a Yonkou and it would take a little to close that gap which is fine with 1 year of time.

Why is it gibberish it happened before the story of Luffy even begun. She could've done it as an MC but there is no proof if she'd be able to do it in one year or 50 years or as you claim faster than Akainu.

It's funny how you think Oda would come up with an idea to help you out for this argument. Yea if Akainu takes on a Yonkou and his whole crew and allies he will die if it's a 1on1 he definitely only loses to Kaido for now.

She also thought she could easily kill the strawhats, she thought she could eat the wedding cake, she thought she could ally withe Germa, she thought she could get gigantified children and build an army. She failed miserably at every single thought.

Meme injured by dropping on her knees:
    one-piece/865/14

Meme injured by Nami lol:
    chapter 875 page 16
    chapter 876 page 8

Can't post the third example since it's a spoiler but these 2 are more than enough anyway.

Well at least the Admirals were worth the Gura use compared to Shanks. Haki does't negate devilfruit powers lol not even gifs will help you spreading that shit. They created an invisible barrier that took the damage of the quake instead of the building receiving it. Do you even read properly?

I wonder why you try to spread a lie? You feel like you are at a disadvantage so why should i stop responding?

25. King Itachi ^/_\^

There was no one at Marineford capable of competing with Shanks. The admirals are closer in level to characters like Marco/Benn Beckman than Shanks. Even though C3 would defeat Marco/Beckman, they're at least solid high-diff fights and more difficult in Marco's case due to his abilities. Whitebeard not using his quakes against Shanks would make little difference. The sheer Haki of such a clash would have overwhelmed the quakes, just as we saw the admirals countering the quakes with Haki. That same clash was splitting the skies and changing the visuals of that entire area. That said, a little quake that only puts down fodder like Ronse/John Giant wouldn't be of any relevance with their Haki being in play. Shanks clashed with Whitebeard at his peak compared to what we saw at Marineford, though, so the feat holds more merit than Akainu intercepting a bisento aimed at fodder or Kizaru besting a slow and damaged character like Whitebeard. Shanks clashed from a disadvantageous position with a single arm, so he's also physically stronger than Whitebeard. Feats suggest that Whitebeard is physically stronger than the admirals, which means Shanks is physically stronger than the admirals by quite a large margin. Then you have Shanks blitzing Akainu and essentially all marines at Marineford without any reaction. His physical stats are far above anyone's stats - except for Garp and maybe Mihawk - that had fought at Marineford. He only lacks in durability, but I'm not surprised due to him being a normal human. However, he does seem to be an endurance monster, considering he never even flinched after getting his arm torn off and was more concerned about Luffy's safety. Haki is definitely the biggest difference. Shanks' Haki is potent enough to make veterans of New World cautious, and Marco was essentially the only person bar Whitebeard himself that appeared nonchalant in his presence. Even a bloodlusted version of Akainu was visibly intimidated when Shanks stopped him, though he's also the only character other than Whitebeard to easily connect with Akainu's tangible body. The difference is, Akainu wouldn't even land a hit on Shanks compared to the version of Whitebeard who showed difficulties in using Haki. From what we've seen, Akainu's Observation Haki is terrible in battle, considering he never sensed Whitebeard in the general area upon killing Ace and also wasn't capable of dodging Marco/Vista in front of his very eyes. He resorted to using Logia trickery of some kind to avoid their attack on some level, but he was clearly shown to be physically incapable of dodging attacks on multiple occasions. Shanks would make quick work of this clown, and that explains why no one considered his offer.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  26. Superstars Well-Known Member

Shanks is so tough, threatening harmless drunks after the party. There was noise at the start of the bash too. Where was you're boy then? Waiting for Aokiji to freeze the waters so the Sea Kings couldn't get him?:mjlol

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017 at 12:45 AM
  27. Admiral Kizaru One Piece Expert

Shanks is the annoying guy in group projects who doesn't contribute anything but turns up for the presentation to only press the button for the slides but still demands the same credit as the folks who did the work. :notrust

I'm sure most people can relate to him.

28. Nidai Kitetsu Active Member

Shanks was fighting Kaido, a yonko who wasnt handicapped by sickness.

29. Kyouko |-/

Catdank Faction:
    :mjlol

stfu ava :mjlol

30. GrizzlyClaws Big Bad Grizzly

Shanks is the always merry class clown.