1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Is Chidori a finished jutsu?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Jyan, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Jyan Well-Known Member

Well I was just wondering about this, it's kinda confusing...

In chapter 321, page 5
    Kakashi said that chidori and rasengan are just form manipulated jutsus

But on page 7
    When Naruto said it's easy to combine form and nature, Kakashi said
    "Oh yeah? If that's true then there wasn't much point in my inventing chidori, eh?"

So is Chidori a finished jutsu(form/nature combined) or just a form jutsu not yet complete like the Rasengan?

PS. It's from the Shannaro translations if that matters.

Tags:
  2. TheoDerek Rise Against

Chidori uses both form and nature manipulation. It is just that he form part isn't very complicated at all.

Rasengan = very complicated form manipulation

So using nature manipulation with Rasengan is a whole other ball game.

3. Sasuke` Konoha no Kiiroi Senkō

I guess.. in a way.. Chidori isnt a complete jutsu.. because kakashi's raikiri is, in which you can move freely around, while sasuke's chidori can only perform staright thrusts. But Chidori compared to the incomplete rasengan... I guess you could say sasuke's chidori is complete.

4. Raptor Vagabond

Chidori is a class A jutsu, while the Raikiri wich is the second stage is the S class. Both are different jutsus, but the Raikiri has the origin on the chidori.

5. TheoDerek Rise Against

Kakashi's Raikiri = Sasuke's Chidori

I'm talking about the chakra blade itself. They are the same jutsu. The difference is the level of Sharingan. Kakashi had 3 tomoe Sharingan and Sasuke had 2 tomoe Sharingan.

6. Naruto_Rasengan Banned

What the... :huh

Chidori and Raikiri are the exact same jutsu, the only real difference is that Kakashi's is more powerful.

The Chidori/Raikiri is a complete jutsu. At one stage it wasn't, but thanks to Obito's Sharingan Kakashi was able to complete. With out the Sharingan the jutsu is a extremely risky one, which was said by Yondaime in the Kakashi gaiden.

I believe that it should be fairly clear that the Chidori/Raikiri is a complete jutsu.

7. Gai-Sifu The Wild Green Beast of Raabu

Chidori Nagashi anyone?

8. Xebu Jinchuuriki

Ya, if you remember when sasuke first reveals the chidori, against garaa in the chuunin exam, gai talks about chidori stating that it is aka raikiri. They are the same thing, which is only chakara nature manipulation, not form. Rasengan, is the strongest type of form manipulation. Chidori, is the strongest type of lightning chakara manipulation. Thus, adding the wind equivilant of chidori, to the rasengan will make it the ultimate slicer.

9. AZIZ_FROST Member

chidori = raikiri

Why do some people think it is different....chidori is just another name for it....

10. Futagokage Runaway Kage

I think Chidori/Raikiri are complete Jutsus, after all Kakshi state his original jutsu as complete during the Kakashi Gaiden.

I do not remember Kakashi's doing Raikiri while the thrust was not straight?

11. Sasuke` Konoha no Kiiroi Senkō

They are not equal in power. And I know that now sasuke would also be able to move freely with chidori. Back then, He couldnt, making sasuke's chidori inferior to kakashi's. I was reffereing to what they are called so that they dont get mixed up. Chidori/Raikiri. You wouldnt of know which charcetr i was talking about. So i just called them sasukes chidori and kakashis raikiri.

12. dregoth Cooking Genius

Well if the form manipulation part still has room for improvement, without becoming rasengan, I'd say chidori is an incomplete jutsu.

13. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

Chidori=Raikiri

Raikiri was named after Kakashi cut a lightning bolt with it. It has a better rank since it seems Kakashi can perform it with more power.

But it's absolutely the same jutsu. In KG, he says Chidori.

14. Shidoshi Cross Marian: Ninjai's Father

It has a higher rank because it combines both nature and form, the form allows Kakashi to adjust its range (as he states). The Chidori, however, has an A rank because it's only nature manipulation...at least Sasuke's Chidori (and, most likely, Kakashi's Chidori during the Gaiden), anyway.

It's the only way it makes sense, given what Kakashi also said about combining form and nature to get the "S"-rank in the first place, while Sasuke's Chidori is only "A"-ranked, while the Rasengan is only A-ranked from having only form manipulation.

15. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

that is because he didn't cut lightning in half with his chidori back then. it happened afterwards so raikiri and chidori are pretty much like housenka and gokyakku. they are both fireball jutsu except one is stronger

16. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

No, the databook confirmed both are the same jutsu. Raikiri just is a nickname. Inexplicably it has also S-rank but not for that. Both altere nature and form.

17. B.o.t.i Active Member

What the f**k raikiri=chidori there's no difference between them.

I have been saying it for time now that it makes no sense why the same jutsu has 2 different ranks when its the same damn move.Especially when kakashi or gai say its a sole original move.

Sole meaning 1 or only.So why are there 2 different jutsus rank when there's no difference & there one in the same move.

Dude the manga disagrees with you we know raikiri=chidori why are they getting different ranks.321 pg4 recent chapter says=

Like I have been always saying databook is pretty much trash and that the manga pwns it.

So in the end chidori/raikiri is A rank or S-rank??And if its S-rank how the fuck is A-rank drawing with an S-rank it could be understandable rasenagn is that good.Or inconsistence's or you overrate the databook & view it more correct then the manga??.

Oh well we know chidori=raikiri that much is fact & there's no difference between them.

chidori is complete & why do you think its incomplete??

18. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

That's what I was gonna say. The Databook says they are different, so it is so.

With Chidori the form is nothing really. Just gather chakra on your hand.

With Rasengan the form is what Naruto spent all that time training up for. All the complex moving, grinding chakra that ameks the attack... that's all form.

In Chidori's case it's all Lightning. Plus you need a Sharingan.

19. nefer_sbedjieb Hope's Jinchuuriki

in Kakashi's Gaiden, Yondaime said to Kakashi his Jutsu was incomplete because he moved pretty fast and he couldn't see the enemy's moves, but, when Kakashi gets Obito's Sharingan, he said the Jutsu was complete, because now he could see the enemy's attacks.

20. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

Accept it, people. The databook is wrong[/andoliveiraness]

21. B.o.t.i Active Member

^^^^^Ahh you just said what I wanted to say.

22. Shidoshi Cross Marian: Ninjai's Father

Before this whole retcon of chakra natures and form manipulation, I would have agreed with that, but since the whole essense of the Chidori has been retroactively continued, so to speak, it changes things...and provides a better explanation as to why one has a higher rank than the other if they're both the "same jutsu".

Because a jutsu's rank is a measure of its difficulty, and if Rasengan is only A-ranked for having only one type of manipulation (form), then it stands to reason that Sasuke's A-ranked Chidori is ranked such by having only one type of manipulation (nature), but when Kakashi says "Chidori", he's referring to his Chidori, also known as "Raikiri". And Kakashi says that to attain the "S"-rank for ninjutsu such as that, it has to combine both.

It's the only way it makes sense. If it were a measure of only power or chakra, then there are plenty of other jutsu stronger than Chidori and summoning Gamabunta would rank higher than using Chidori, and Kuchiyose is only C-ranked.

Yeah...everybody likes to denounce it when this comes up, but is perfectly content to accept the disparity between the manga's use of Yondaime's "Shunshin" which is D-ranked, and the Databook's "Hiraishin" which is either A or S-ranked, even though it was called "Shunshin no jutsu" in the manga.

Kishimoto wrote the damn Databook, so either, he knows what he's talking about or he doesn't. Those are you only two choices.

Specifically speaking, the Databook only says that the "Raikiri" is also known as Chidori, as in, what it's known by, so, while Kakashi's Chidori is also known as "Raikiri", he's the only known user of it, in the Databook, which means that there's a difference between Kakashi's Chidori and Sasuke's Chidori.

23. tilmaz -_-

chidori is a complete jutsu. it has a form and element. you can try to change its form or element but in the end you are going to make a new jutsu, or a similar one. like sasuke's Chidori Nagashi.
    if you still believe chidori isn't a complete jutsu, be my guest and tell me how to complete it... ?

24. Shishi-O Oda Is God

chidori and raikiri are the same exact move.

different names/ same technique

raikiri= lightning edge

chidori= thousand birds

raikiri is the other name given to chidori after kakashi used it to cut a lightening bolt in half.

25. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

@Shidoshi - You also have to think about the difficulty of manipulating the shape. rasengan is the highest form of shape manipulation (a sphere). that's why is A-ranked, the same as chidori which have both but the shape is not near as difficult as a rasengan. Chidori is more raw electric chakra.

26. B.o.t.i Active Member

True,true intresting since rin never knew the move its understandable that she would call it shunshin since its almost like a shunshin its fast movement ,she does'nt know the move so would obviously link it to what it looks like the most.

You know kishi in the end could change the name of the jutsu if he liked.

We will just have to see what the jutsu really is hopefully during naruto's current & last training arc.I just can't take anymore training arcs anymore would be pontless if we got anymore which will just do what the previous one did later on.I don' mind an arc on naruto trying to create a jutsu after mastering elemnets & yin yang things ,but anymore training arc man would just ruin things.

First is it 100%claimed that kishi wrote the databook??? He may have had wrote info on characters which seems reasonable ,but really the guy should be busy I just don't see him sitting there writing the databook you do know he has assitance & such he could just dump the databook handling on other people.

Which I think he those throught out the data book there ain't even much info on stuff the data book just seems to quote stuff from the manga.

yeah seems those working on the databook don't knwo what they are talking about.Either way I don't really give much attention to databook the manga will always be the source.

PFFF still going on what now the manga is wrong?????The manga=true source & it disagrees with you & the damn databook if they were different moves kakashi would have described them.Its been said that raikiri/chidori is kakashi's sole original move even now he is explainning how his jutsu works
    & your still trying to say there's 2 different moves when the manga is quite clearly telling you there not.

raikiri=chidori & there's no different face it the databook flopped.
    The databook is wrong not surprising ,but its wrong manga pwns it in the end.

27. Shidoshi Cross Marian: Ninjai's Father

But you're assuming that the Chidori's element isn't the highest form of nature manipulation for that element.

Otherwise, Kakashi's "Rakiri" would have the same rank if that was the only difference.

See, that's the only way you can rectify the fact that "Raikiri" has a higher rank of difficulty than the Chidori and that Kakashi's the only stated user of it in the Databook.

So, the same could be said of Gai; he knows what he sees, since he can't perform the move himself, and saw that Sasuke's Chidori looked like Kakashi's Chidori.

You can't have it both ways -- if Rin could be wrong, so could Gai.

Yes, I have a copy of the second Databook, and it says "Kishimoto Masashi" on the cover and "© Masashi Kishimoto 2005".
    Unless Kishimoto just compiled the Databook a little bit at a time while working on the manga.

Despite how it was done, he put his name on it, and has his drawings in it, so it's at least 98% likely that he wrote each databook entry as well.

And who wrote the manga?

That's right.

I didn't say the manga was wrong, just said that Gai might've been mistaken. It's not like Kakashi was the one who said it, and it's not like Rin was corrected about Yondaime's Shunshin/Hiraishin thing either, so you can't have it both ways. If Rin could be wrong about it, so could Gai, especially since neither of them actually use the damn jutsu.

No, you're not understanding. I'm saying that there's no difference between "Raikiri" and Kakashi's Chidori at the time Gai mentions it, Sasuke's Chidori might be a different story.

Again, Kishimoto wrote the damn book, so either he knows what he's talking about, or he doesn't and is inconsistent; those are your only two choices.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  28. superflyninjaguy pimpjuice pwnage no jutsu!

A) raikiri is a nickname for chidori. same damn jutsu
    B) chidori is incomplete w/out sharingan. so basically only ppl who could even use it are kakashi and sasuke.... and itachi but i doubt he has affinity for lightning.

29. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

The nature manipulation is always the same. Electricity is electricity. The difficult will increase if instead of being just wildly would take some form. See Chidori nagashi, that for sure it's S-ranked cause it has a more precise shape manipulation and it's spread from all the body, not just a huge amount in the hand.

30. baconstyle Member

What Kakashi was referring to when he said it was a "complete jutsu" had more to do with him receiving the sharingan than anything else. If you recall, Yondaime told him that the new Jutsu was too dangerous because it left him open to an opponent's counter. However, with sharingan, he can now see through the counter. Hence the Jutsu is complete.

Rasengan is complete as well. if naruto fuses an element with it, it will simply become another jutsu.