1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Dabi just dumb or bored?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by iJutsu, May 20, 2018.

1. iJutsu Well-Known Member

Clearly Shiggy doesn't care about Stain or his ideals. If the lizard dude is smart enough to question it, then surely he already knows what's up. He's more or less the 3rd in command of the alliance.

If he legitimately has no idea, how would he react when it's revealed out in the open? Will it become some sappy "were comrades now" shtick?

Tags:
  2. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Dabi is still a mystery tbh. That's why people make theories.

3. Kellogem Well-Known Member

I think Dabi has issues with the heroes, and as long as he can kill them, it doesnt matter to him if Shiragaki is following Stains ideas or not.

But I think Dabi is following a different version of Stains ideology, not as strictly as fanboy Spinner - I doubt he'd let "worthy" heroes alive for example. I think his idea of Stains ideology is that heroes who dont deserve that title should be purged.. but his standpoints regarding who deserves it might be different. so far he didnt give a crap measuring the heroes or students worth he tried to roast.

4. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    I don't really think Dabi gives a shit about Stain's ideals all that much :hm

5. mr marvelous New Member

Maybe a combination of both. lol leaning more towards bored though.

6. mr marvelous New Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. MrCinos Student of Despair

Watch Dabi just having daddy issues with Endeavour which superficially extrapolated to other heroes. So in reality he doesn't care about all this crap. As long as he has higher chances to get his revenge on Endeavour he'd justify everything for himself, at least temporary.

8. mr marvelous New Member

I wouldn't necessarily say he's stupid or bored, I think he's being given some room to develop. Stain was a fantastic plot device because he allowed the League of Villains to quickly gain momentum, intimidated the heroes and very quickly altered the public's perceptions on quirk culture. Although he wasn't given a lot of panel-time, he undoubtedly helped to change the atmosphere, and that inspired new villains to come out of the woodworks, inspired by his ideology. But simply having a group of mini-Stains who follow about someone who did not get on with Stain himself would be a strange and quite boring move. There's a huge difference between inspiration and conviction; if you're inspired by an ideal, that doesn't mean you'll hold onto that ideal without changing or developing it. It's quite sensible for villains to be fleetingly inspired by Stain's actions, and then to use his history to develop their own ideologies. The time Dabi has spent with the League of Villains has outlasted the time he spent in pursuit of Stain's ideals, and has very much become a part of who he is. So while he is there because of Stain's influence, he continues to grow as his own person, and will not necessarily become a thoughtless Stain Jr. with no mind of his own.

10. Sage of 6 niggas Active Member

He could try to overthrow Shigaraki for all we know. He clearly doesn't give a shit about him.

Or his own ideal can change in future. Too soon to speculate anything really