1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice

Is Dabi just dumb or bored?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by iJutsu, May 20, 2018.

1. iJutsu Well-Known Member

Clearly Shiggy doesn't care about Stain or his ideals. If the lizard dude is smart enough to question it, then surely he already knows what's up. He's more or less the 3rd in command of the alliance.

If he legitimately has no idea, how would he react when it's revealed out in the open? Will it become some sappy "were comrades now" shtick?

Tags:
  2. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Dabi is still a mystery tbh. That's why people make theories.

3. Kellogem Well-Known Member

I think Dabi has issues with the heroes, and as long as he can kill them, it doesnt matter to him if Shiragaki is following Stains ideas or not.

But I think Dabi is following a different version of Stains ideology, not as strictly as fanboy Spinner - I doubt he'd let "worthy" heroes alive for example. I think his idea of Stains ideology is that heroes who dont deserve that title should be purged.. but his standpoints regarding who deserves it might be different. so far he didnt give a crap measuring the heroes or students worth he tried to roast.

4. Singulrality I have achieved intelligence!

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, , Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland
    Catdank Faction:
    I don't really think Dabi gives a shit about Stain's ideals all that much :hm

5. mr marvelous New Member

Maybe a combination of both. lol leaning more towards bored though.

6. mr marvelous New Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. MrCinos Student of Despair

Watch Dabi just having daddy issues with Endeavour which superficially extrapolated to other heroes. So in reality he doesn't care about all this crap. As long as he has higher chances to get his revenge on Endeavour he'd justify everything for himself, at least temporary.

8. mr marvelous New Member

I wouldn't necessarily say he's stupid or bored, I think he's being given some room to develop. Stain was a fantastic plot device because he allowed the League of Villains to quickly gain momentum, intimidated the heroes and very quickly altered the public's perceptions on quirk culture. Although he wasn't given a lot of panel-time, he undoubtedly helped to change the atmosphere, and that inspired new villains to come out of the woodworks, inspired by his ideology. But simply having a group of mini-Stains who follow about someone who did not get on with Stain himself would be a strange and quite boring move. There's a huge difference between inspiration and conviction; if you're inspired by an ideal, that doesn't mean you'll hold onto that ideal without changing or developing it. It's quite sensible for villains to be fleetingly inspired by Stain's actions, and then to use his history to develop their own ideologies. The time Dabi has spent with the League of Villains has outlasted the time he spent in pursuit of Stain's ideals, and has very much become a part of who he is. So while he is there because of Stain's influence, he continues to grow as his own person, and will not necessarily become a thoughtless Stain Jr. with no mind of his own.