1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  3. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Come vote in the third Alley Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Is Gai sensei Akatsuki-level?/ Naruto world's Batman?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Shishi-O, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Shishi-O Oda Is God

he pwned 30% kisame outright. has developed strategies for dealing with itachi's sharingan( and probably every other nin/ gen/ taijutsu he's ever come across.)

he has even outclassed kakashi in the dealing with akatsuki dept.

kakashi has ms, but..

gai is gai!smile-big

Tags:
  2. Steven Pinhead Active Member

Well if I said that Kakashi was just barely Akatsuki material, than I'll have to say Gai is worthy.

3. yelin Member

if Gai sensai is Akatsuki level then Kisame is GOD.

4. Otherside ?????

He took care of 30% Kisame no problem....

after turning on his gates :|

5. Rhaella nothing but the rain

I think Kakashi's MS is a bit more worthy than anything Gai can come up with, but I'm severely biased.

Has he really done better than Kakashi in dealing with the Akatsuki? It's been a while since I looked at those chapters, but I can't recall him going up against a real 100% member...?

6. ANBUBooBoo Patron Saint of Cannon Fodder

I doubt it. The only reason he had to develop a strategy against sharingan is because Kakashi is his eternal rival. Chances are he hasn't put the same ammount of thought into any other techniques that others may use.
    On that same note, he does NOT have a strategy against Itachi's sharingan. He has one against Kakashi's PRE-MS sharingan. That strategy is simply not looking in their eyes. It'd do no good against Amaratsu or Kakashi's Black Hole jutsu (not that Kakashi would ever use it on Gai), because they don't require eye contact.

I don't think Gai is the Naruto world's batman by any means. That title would most likely go to Shikamaru. Because, just like batman, he can beat people who're much stronger than him using his mind alone.

Seriously, I'm not sure what this thread is trying to accomplish...

7. yelin Member

thats suppose to be impressive? hardly

8. Otherside ?????

...exactly my point.

9. Shishi-O Oda Is God

well when he met 100% kisame after kakashi got hit by tsukyomi,...um, gai kicked kisame in the head and kisame went skipping like a stone shot out of a canon along the water itachi looked at his worthless sidekick and said,..don't underestimate this man. right after gai told everyone how to fight the sharingan. i think it was chap 138 or something, when they first went to konoha.:)

ps kisame can't be god cuz he got smacked around twice by gai.

10. Otherside ?????

No one is disputing the extreme power of dynamic entry.

It's that Kisame could kick Gai's ass anytime OTHER than when he's in dynamic entry mode.

11. Rhaella nothing but the rain

Ahhh. I remember that now, yes. Thank you. :)

Well, I can imagine Itachi saying that after hearing Gai talking about the Sharingan. Itachi is arrogant as hell about that ability; knowing how to fight it is likely the only thing that's going to give you points in his book.

He definitely did a lot better than Kakashi there, but like Otherside said, that really seemed like a once in a lifetime, benefit of surprise occurrence.

Not that being able to surprise an Akatsuki member isn't an incredible feat... I just don't think that he's at Akatsuki level in general.

12. Shishi-O Oda Is God

huh? but then he did it again in the rescue gaara arc.

thats' 2x dude:amazed

and kisame was gunnin' for revenge from the last time.

and was so shocked at gai's marvelousness, that he couldn't even keep up with his movements:laugh i mean seriously, kisame; so, fas( fwoooooosh, dude! he didn't even have time to scream, he was pwned so quickly)

and gai's team just standing on the sideline, like; is that!( morning peacock)? yup( it's morning peacock)..it's( this fight) over:laugh
    doesn't help the argument of kisame( it means his ownership by gai was expected!)

and then was done!!!

thank you:)

oh, and he kicked him in the head x2

on a side note he also got the drop on jiraiya!!:amazed

13. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

He developed a method to deal with Kakashi's normal sharingan. A single Ameretsu or Kakashi MS attack would annihilate him. I have yet to see him outclass any fullpowered akatsuki (cept maybe Tobi) we will see.

14. gamer Member

You should go back and read it again. Gai told them the simple way to fight the Sharigan. He also told them THERE IS ANOTHER WAY which he does not want to get into. Gai must had another very good way to fight the Sharigan that he does not want to get it out in the open.

15. Luckyday motormouth in progress

Ahhh have I so love that part.smile-big

16. syrup Don't Judge Me

Gai is crap, and annoying as hell. and he did not own 30% he almost died for god sakes 100% and gai would be toast.

17. justafase They called him 'Astro Man'

Such intelligent discussion.

18. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

What else could we expect with such intelligent thread title

19. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Such an intelligent post. I am happy you are here to assist in the discussion.

20. Soljah Super Ghost

Well first when gai faught 30% Kisame he didn't use 1 2 3 4 5 6 gates he opened just the 6th gate and completely owned it. And about him being akatsuki material i don't know like in my opinion he's very dangerous cause he can do alot of damage to you / own you or kill you really really fast. But if you can get past the blitz u begin fighting a hq rock lee. But im not sure we don't know how many gates he can open and how long he can do it without getting fatigued cause surely he can go longer than Rock can. But to me his chances of getting in Akatsuki are just barely also and he's probably to giddy they wouldn't let him in if he started having touching moments with his partner + he wouldn't look cool in the outfit they wear.

21. Haohmaru The Legendary Samurai

have you ever 'read' the manga? if you had you would have known that there is no way you can open just the 3rd or 4th gate. if you open 3rd then you have opened till the 3rd gate stupid. meaning gai had 6 gates opened, in case you dont understand you also cant just open the 8th gate, you open it till the 8th gate and die.

back to topic, he needed to open till his 6th gate to defeat 30% kisame, he didnt own shit. he cant handle kisame without dying let alone itachi, hed get owned even with his gates.

22. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Gai is certainly Akatsuki material.

People love to throw up "oh he only beat 30% Kisame". Fact is, he beat 30% Kisame with 1 move, which probably required gates to be opened, much like the Lotus moves.

Now, after he defeated Kisame, he went on to defeat a clone of himself. Judging by the worn out members, these clones were probably very close to the skill and power of the members themelves. This is just after he killed Kisame's clone.

After this, he carried Kakashi back to Konoha on his back.

Gai is the only person that Itachi warned to be careful of. Kakashi, Asuma, Kurenai, all trash compared to Gai.

Jiraiya also got his ass kicked by Gai. And, as we all know, Jiraiya is the strongest character in the manga. EXCEPT FOR GAI! :Gaipose

Maito Gai the man.

23. Haohmaru The Legendary Samurai

there are people who excel far more so than jiraiya, like itachi, prolly oro and the AL. and gai isnt on jiraiyas level, only way for him to be is opening gates at least till the 7 or 8, hed prolly die afterwards using the gates or be deadbeat. if he can beat him that is. i dont think hes got the techniques to do so. besides if somebody as stupuid as gai can use gates dont you think others can too, but just dont cause of the damage to the own body.

24. nif Banned

Gai is on a plain level beyond Bijuus, Akatsuki Leaders, Hokages an Sharingans.
    Gai is on the level of ...
    Actually he is a level on his own :nod

25. Surreal Fucking...BOOOOO!

Gai is by no means stupid. He is an emo freak, but he is not dumb. He is a genius in his own right, although people tend to overestimate him. He's an exceptional jounin with impressive tajiutsu skills, but that's about it. Overall, compared to other Akatsuki members and their abilities, he is way below them.

26. 1134 Citizen of Pluto

I completely agree.

27. nif Banned

Itachi fears Gai :nod
    And Itachi is probably one of the best Akatsuki :nod

28. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Gai's body didn't get damaged from opening 6 gates. He's special. Akatsuki special.

Other people would have never been able to fight again, after opening 6 gates. Just ask Lee.

29. tdultima Member

People are just jealous that Gai has never lost a fight so far in the manga despite going up against Akatsuki twice. Itachi running away counts as a win for Gai. Also losing to Kakashi in rock paper scissors doesn't count as a lost because running 500 laps on your hands around Konoha turns the lost into a win.

30. juUnior Member

I think that Gai is on some of Akatsukis members level.. Probably enough strong, to have equal fight with someone from Aka xD