1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Is Grimmjow really that stupid?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Metric, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Metric Jay Chou tard

OK so the latest Chapter (277) reveals that Grimmjow's plan all along was the most predictable one - to heal Ichigo so he can fight him at full strength again.

To me this seems all a bit weird. I know Grimmjow is bloodlusted and holds no respect for authority, but surely even he isn't stupid enough to directly defy orders for the sake of settling some minor grudge? I can see couple of places where he just does outright stupid things:

Mistake 1 - freeing Orihime.

In Chapter 273 he causes a huge scene when he smashes down the door to Orihime's cell and then proceeds to fire a Cero at Menoli (or maybe Loli i get confused between the two). Being Sexta Espada, he obviously doesn't need to use a Cero, but does so anyway. So mistake number 1 - he couldn't have caused a bigger commotion if he tried. If he was settling this grudge, shouldn't he be as discreet as possible about it in case anyone notices?

Mistake 2 - letting Menoli and Loli be healed.

OK so the first ''mistake'' could be considered to be in character, since Grimmjow is bloodthirsty and impulsive. But he then proceeds to watch and do nothing as Orihime heals the 2 Arrancar he just injured. Doesn't he realise that they're going to report him to someone? Instead, he just leaves them there, fully healed, as though they're just going to sit there and not tell anyone what he's done.

In Chapter 277 Grimmjow even acknowledges that Ulquiorra will come soon, but this doesn't seem to worry him - at least not until Ulquiorra physically appears. So am i right in thinking that either:

1. Grimmjow is incredibly stupid in hoping that he can free Orihime, heal Ichigo, fight Ichigo then beat Ichigo all before someone notices what he's doing.
    2. Grimmjow reckons that he can fight and beat Ulquiorra, possibly with Ichigo's help.

Option 1 means Grimmjow is incredibly stupid, since his mistakes i wrote above make this almost impossible.

Similarly, Option 2 means Grimmjow is incredibly stupid, since Ulquiorra is 2 places above in the Espada, and since Ichigo won't be that much help in a fight (he was useless against an unreleased Ulquiorra).

I find this whole little episode a bit weird personally.

Tags:
  2. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

Ichigo was willing to enter hueco mundo where ALL of the ESAPADAS,AIZEN,GIN and TOUSEN are. ANd renji, rukia, chad,and ishida followed him as well so in a sense that was a stupid thing to do as well.

(Please do remember that shinji called ichigo stupid for making that decision)

Now with recent events they only thing grimmjow decisions prove is that he has potential to become one of the good guys.

3. Surreal Fucking...BOOOOO!

His declining intelligence is a proof that he has the potential to be a good guy?

4. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

He is acting more on emotion than actually reson is he Not? He did state that he was pissed that Ulquiorra took away his prey therefore expressing the emotion of anger.And how many TRUE bad guys you know in bleach would make their emotions lead them to make that decision.

5. Talone SPARTAN-117

It's honestly not that out of character for Grimmjow to just disobey orders like that....he did go after Ichigo in the real world with a group of Numeros, and he probably understood the potential reprocussions.

Yeah, Grimmjow probably shouldnt' have healed the both of em, but someone's gonna find the ugly mess of the bottom half of a body and a smashed face of an Arrancar in Orihime's room eventually...along with that giant hole Grimmjow blasted in the door. Guess he was banking them Loli and Menoli not telling....

Or....he knew that it would be inevitable that Ulquiorra would come, he wanted Ulquiorra to come, and he wanted Ichigo to be healed by the time Ulquiorra did arrive so they could both tag team him, take him down, get healed by Orihime, and then continue their little rivalry.

I wouldn't count the both of them out of this battle just yet, it's still a 2 on 1, and we don't know the extend of Grimmjow's power just yet (i.e., his release). Ichigo MAYBE has some potential for hurting Ulquiorra while his back's turned fighting Grimmjow....MAYBE....but I guess this makes the next chapter all the more interesting.

Or he didn't, and he's just going completely off the Espada radar and going rogue...

6. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

i think grimm is just kinda stupid, yes. i mean after all he got 5 numeros killed when he prematurely invaded karakura town, he doesnt have the best planning, he is much more tactical

7. wiplok Wonderful.

apparently, yes, he is that stupid. i mean cmon, aizen can watch entire las noches(except where there isnt light), plus, he stole ulqui's ho. :doh

8. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

He watches from the artificial sky. They got out of Las Noches, didn't they?
    Or is it just me?
    And he was hiding her inside his robe.
    Zael: My my Grimmy, your money maker's grown qui-
    Grimmjow: Why are you naked..

9. Trias For in the sleep of death...

lol... to immortalize this. quoted.

10. kaz Active Member

I thought the artificial sky was a hoax. It was Aaroniero's excuse so Rukia couldn't find out his true form.

11. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

No no, Aizen can see trough it, same with anyone else who can look down the screen.
    Hell, even Tousen was looking down the screen for .. some reason..

12. wiplok Wonderful.

they where in las noches, when ichigo was blown away by ulqui's cero, there was a daylight sky,with clouds and shit ;o , so they're still in Las Noches.

13. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

yes, yes he is, thats what we call a "plot no jutsu"

14. Hamaru Semi-Active

Yes...He will be the Vegita that Renji was supposed to become.

15. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

i really dont think grimmjaw can beat ulq, not even with tsubaki helping or nell helping. but i do think that all 3 of those can soften ulq up enough for an improved ichigo attack to succeed just barely

16. kaz Active Member

Maybe they are cameras in Las Noches?

I'll have to go back and re-read that because I swore it was to lure Rukia in so Aaroniero could take advantage of her while he was supposedly Kaien.

17. Jealousy Addictive Personality

Yes, simple answer

18. MadeUpFacts Active Member

GrimmJow is stupid. He took an IQ test yesterday that I monitored and proceeded to miss every single question. True story, I was there I tested him. he has the IQ of a doornob.

19. Soul Vibe Formerly known as Espada

well, he's not know for his intelligence, that much is known.

20. StygianGlade The Peanut Butter rooter

Healing Ichigo isn't neccesarily a betrayal since Aizen never relayed any orders telling the espada what to do concerning the rescue squad--Aizen could want them alive or dead but he has yet to say so. The only dumb decision here is Grimm thinking he could pull a fast one on Ulquiorra. Unless Grim is some renegade, Agent Smith-type arrancar who somehow surpassed his original power then he has no chance against no. 4 should Ulq seek retribution.

21. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Grimmjow is the spitting image of Zaraki Kenpachi and hates to think and only cares about battle and is willing do whatever it takes to get the battle he desires.

22. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

noitora = zaraki.... grimmjow = renji... earnest warrior who cares deep down inside, but gets smacked by his boss, ulquiorra/byakuya

23. Raikiri R.I.P. Kisame, keep pimpin

gj's attempt to conceal orihime with a freaking blanket is the dumbest thing ever. as if that wouldn't attract suspicion from passerby. he'd be better off just picking her up and running as fast he could to get his shit done asap.

24. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

well she already broguth ichigo back to life, he is talking and stuff, so the mission is mostly acccomplished

25. Allen89 Taichou

No Grimmjow isn't stupid. He's made of pure pwnage.

26. Slice Dangerous

He doesnt think far enough - did he really expect this "plan" to be perfect? If yes, he is that stupid.

I think he just ignores the consequences that could come up - he wants his fight at full power and it is (for him) the fastest way to reach that goal.
    Stupid but rather effective (If Ulqui hadnt shown up he could have had hs fight and deal with the consequences later)

27. Wado Lex

I think you can't consider grimmjow as stupid. It's more because of his "fighter nature", and his current desire to fight with ichigo, in which he sees a worthy opponent, that he acts so carelessly. I hope he has something to back up his speech of letting ulquiorra pay for taking someone other's prey, or else ulqui will beat him up bad.

28. JoY_AnGel Needs more rape

when people said that Grimmjow would do this,everyone dismissed it because we all thought Kubo would come up with something better..

Do not underestimate Grimmjows stupidy. XD

29. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

well it is true that grimmjaw expected ulq to show up, and grimmjaw was saying ulq is going to pay the price for taking his prey, so grimmjaw isnt exactly shocked to see ulq, he clearly has some kind of plan going on, who knows if it works though, maybe he thinks orihime will help him win

30. knight_of_rain Member

He wasn't trying to hide her, he was blinding her so that she wouldn't try to run away again and/or make noise. That's probably why he went through all that trouble to chain her up. Where he got all this stuff from, I have no idea, maybe it was just crap he found inside her room. (chains?)

Anyway Grimmjow isn't stupid; a violent maniac perhaps, but not stupid. He's just impulsive.