1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

Is Hisoka a Pedo, or does he just love fighting?

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Zef, Feb 4, 2017.

Which is it?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2017.
  1. Pedo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Loves to fight

28.6%
  3. Both

71.4%
  1. Zef Dark Magician

So this thread came about because I was having a discussion in a different section about Hisoka. It turns out my perception of the character was different then some others.:wot

The gist of it is this, when Hisoka sported erections I always thought it was a representation of his excitement fighting the person rather then him actually being attracted to them.

Now I'm aware there are scenes like this.

But I always thought they were more of a play on Hisoka's predatory nature then him really wanting their ass.
    :mikebatman

I kinda view Hisoka as a perverse version of Goku. They both love to fight, but Hisoka's battles arouse him.
    I don't necessarily think that translates into him wanting to have sex with his opponents though. :hm

To my understanding the only person he showed an interest in sleeping with was Machi as he actually asked her to do so.

With Gon he wants him to grow as a fighter so they can eventually fight. So his scwing moments with him make sense because he sees the potential in Gon to become a strong opponent.

Same with Killua. And a lot of people would then point to the instance where Hisoka talked about "doing" him, but wasn't that just to provoke Illumi?

In moments like the above with Illumi, or when he's walking behind Gon & Killua; I think its a case of him knowing the perception people have of him and simply playing along.
    :mlpshrug

But in other scenarios where he's face to face with someone he's fighting(or wants to fight) is he really interested in them sexually, or is it the battle that's a turn on?
    :geg

Because let's say that Gon, and Killua possessed no Nen or potential to match Hisoka. Would Hisoka still act predatory towards them, or would they not even register on his radar?
    :catthinks

2. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

3. Keishin Well-Known Member

4. Zef Dark Magician

So I was searching on the HxH subreddit and found a post hitting on the same exact topic I was.
    :mikebatman

Insightful analysis. Hisoka's arousal during fights seems to be a real life fetish called Agonophilia.

The major difference between that and what Hisoka's does, is that he kills those he fights. Which in hindsight seems to negate the notion that he wants to have sex with these people as the reddit user explains. :hm

I think Hisoka's interactions with Chrollo is the biggest roadblock to the notion of him being a Pedo. During their latest bout he acted much the same way he did when going against Gon.

Interestingly, no one looks at the above image, and says Hisoka has a thing for Chrollo.
    I think that's because the average reader understands at least subconsciously that Hisoka simply loves fighting.

It's not the person Hisoka cares about as much as it is the fun he can have with them. He himself illustrates this when thinking about his "toys".

He gets aroused by fighting, and fixates on the "toys" that will give him the most "fun".

When he thinks his fight with Chrollo won't be satisfactory he loses his arousal.

Like when Chrollo revealed he couldn't use Nen.

Or when he thinks Chrollo will throw the fight.

But when Chrollo reassures him of his intentions to kill him, Hisoka perks back up.

5. Intus Legere ̣#TeamHisoka

I do, actually. And it's not just because of that image.

Excellent post, by the way.

6. SupremeKage ......

I think it's pretty unanimous at this point that Hisoka is powersexual and a sadomasochist. Either way he's a freak lol.

@Zef But your description of Hisoka being agonphilic certainly fits

7. HisokaRollin Ruvik's cat walk

Well great interpretation Zef, you are right. He is definitely attracted to fighting, but i also think he is a pedo.

There was a moment when he saw Killua's brother who was with Phantom Troupe and said that he looks ,,appetizing" and he got a boner from looking at Killua and Gon saying they are growing nicely. I think he loves fighting AND kids that show promise of future enemies. And that shit with calling Gon and Killua ,,unripe fruits"- he is clearly into underage group.

So im voting for both here.

8. Limbo From the dark side in

If Hisoka was a pedo, he would have done the boys times ago as he had the chance. He's not attracted to them in that sense.

9. tupadre97 Active Member

hisoka is a hedonist. he does simply whatever brings him pleasure.

10. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Gon gave him a boner on two occasions...fuck yeah he is a pedo...