1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is Ishida Uryu killing hollows?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Kno7, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Kno7

I'm sorry i've only started to read/watch Bleach 2 days ago.

I know a Quincy completely kills a hollow, opposed to a shinigami/death god who sends them to soul society with their soul cutter

my question:
    Does Ishida actually kill the hollows? Because as stated he's messing with the balance of life. So has he found a way to not kill them?

Tags:
  2. Axass

Talking about "killing" is a little weird... (since they are already dead...) he "erases" them completely from the universe... and he found no other way yet...

3. Inactive Spirit

so where would such hollows go after being "erased"? i'm guessing they don't get sent to the soul society.

4. korican04

The same place the souls in soul society go after they have been killed or erased. No where. So in Bleach you aren't really dead until you have been erased, cause you can die again, well your spirit is erased anyways.

5. Yamato (Inactive)

As for now Hollows kill Uryuu

6. AbnormallyNormal

no he hasnt found a way not to completely destroy them. which begs the question why they allow him to continue fighting as a quincy.

7. Yamato (Inactive)

We shall face the truth Uryuu is murderer worse then Mayuri and Zael combined

8. SENTINEL

The Bleach world is soo confusing sometime.

9. Neko

All Shonen anime worlds are confusing :lmao

They just ignore certain things thinking no one would notice

10. Kiyoshi

The hollows aren't erased, per se, but blown to bits. Hollows/Shinigame/Pluses are made of spiritons, think spirit atoms. When they "die", their bodies break up into spiritons.

Purified hollows and konpaku return to Soul Society, with their Spiritons, and wait to be reborn. When reborn, their spiritons return to Earth and form the soul of a new person. The Quincy manner of dealing with Hollows "kills" them, which scatters the hollow's spiritons around the general area. So they never go to Soul Society.

I am sure there must be some natural method of removing these Spiritons on Earth. Perhaps they still get reborn eventually, or they slip over into Soul Society slowly over time. It might just be that a whole society of Quincies were killing too many hollows too quickly that the natural process of removing fluke spiritons from Earth was overloaded.

Right now, one or two Quincies might be seen as unimportant, meaning unless Ishida went on a hunting rampage, and even then it is iffy, he might not be able to kill enough Hollows on his own to cause damage. However, if he were to start getting it on like a rabbit, or somehow did start developing a method of killing hollows in such quantities the remaining Quincies were being observed for a reason, nudge nudge. So the benefit outweighs the cost for now.

Plus killing hollow sin HM may not be causing that much trouble.

11. SENTINEL

I wonder if the same can be said for Arracanr/Viazards.

12. easy beef

come to think of it, they havent really taken care of the issue of Ishida fully erasing hollows. I think he lets ichigo kill the ordinary hollows, and against arrancar he just hits all the spirit pressure points to rob them of their powers and leaves (a la cirruci)

13. Kiyoshi

Vaizards have true Zanpakuto, thus purify. Arrancar... either erase or eat.

14. Nihongofreak

He erases them just like chad, orihime and everyone that fights without a zanpaktou.
    Spoiler:
    He will never be worse than Mayuri though because his is the only true evil in bleach besides Aizen(who may even have some greater purpose that isn't evil for all we know).

I put that part in tags because the opener just started bleach so they probably don't want a huge spoiler lol.

15. Cipher

Why was a three year old thread brought back to life?