1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is it cool to be this fat?

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by lekki, Oct 17, 2005.

1. lekki

You think it's a glandular problem or you think she's been eating too many pies?

Either way, should we live and let live? Is it actually a problem to be fat or should we just mind our own damned business. Everyone is different, why should skinny be the norm anyway?

Tags:
  2. Master Scorpion

That lady is your GF...???????????????????????????????? :rofl

Umm....I guess she likes to eat junkfood, and drink coke,and she needs diet and exercise!!:eyeroll

3. Shroomsday Advisor

It's not fair to bully people for being overweight because sometimes it really can't be helped. Also, the definition some people stick on being fat is way out of line, it's healthy to have some weight to you.

On the other hand, being really overweight isn't healthy, so it shouldn't be the way to go either.

The healthiest and best way to be is, predictably, not too skinny and not too fat.

4. BooYah

its ok to be fat..shii*..but not that fat...you know its hard to be obese bcoz ur health is at risk..

5. lekki

Especially if that's the best you have to offer in a debate.:blink

@Shroom: Yeah bullying people over their weight is reprehensible. Bullying people over anything is pretty damn bad.

@Booyah: I know what you mean. The women and men that magazines advertise aren't exactly healthy and pretty much kill themselves to look that way all the time.

I'm a big fan of a bit of meat on the bones but that lady is waay over the limit.

Her face even looks like it's strained and her eyes are bulging, a good sign of high blood pressure. She's on the verge of a heart attack and I bet she isn't even 30 yet.

Ironically, I bet she thinks she's pretty.

Wish I had a male picture sent to me so it wouldn't look sexist.

6. Master Scorpion

:p 23 is my real age! btw fat is fat we cannot stop someone from obsessed with food. esp: Junk food, they are cheap and yummeee!! otherwise the kids like to eat chips rather than boiled potatoes

7. Peliqua

@lekki: Well, Ive never understood how obesity can get to that level... unless you were blind, or severely depressed or something. But, like, wouldnt you notice starting to put on weight? Like, woah, 2 years ago I wasnt completely round, what happened? Guess I hafta diet. But.. no... these people just keep doing wht they're doing, and wear spaghetti strap tops like this one and act as if they're big boned or that some guys get turned on by chubby women. They just justify their state with stupid self esteem boosters. :/

8. Last of the Uchihas

Well, in her case, i think is good to be fat, since her huge tits will work as secondary airbags in case if the car's airbags doesn't work.

The way i see it, she is playing safe.:p

9. Yoshi

I'm not saying skinny is the norm, but a healthy weight. Being that obese can not be good for her health, she will likely have a heart attack, or clogged arteries resulting in surgery. I think being fat shouldn't be something to be despised, as long as it doesn't jeprdise your health.

10. CrazyMoronX

If someone doesn't mind being fat, we shouldn't try to force them to be "normal" or lose weight.

Their are studies that show extra weight is a good thing, of course to a point it becomes a health problem.

If someone wants to weigh 500 pounds, and die from a heart attack at the age of 29, I don't really care.

It is a choice, no matter what they might say. Sure some people are more genetically inclined to be overweight, and some do have glandular issues. But on the whole, it's their own concious choice to eat fatty foods.

11. SkyIron

Umm... wow... I don't think I could stand to have that much extra weight on me...

Sure, some fat is good for you, look @ the BMI Index, but that is like, way too much. She will probably have some extremely severe health problems.

It's not healthy to be skinny or fat, and each of us should work to get in the middle and become as healthy as possible. A society that pushes for skinnyness is screwed up. And people who are that big are taking it too far.

12. mike_william

I tend to look down on overweight people as being lazy. I fully understand that some overweight people are as such because of glandular problems, or things such as depression or adverse reactions to medicines they depend on. Even so, most people have no valid excuse for being badly overweight other than simply not excersizing enough.

My reasons for looking down on them are perhaps somewhat valid.
    I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. I was ultra skinny due to a high metabolism and looked incredibly sickly because of it. I wasn't healthy and eventually it came to bother me terribly. I busted my ass in the gym 3 days a week for 2 years just to put on about 30-35 pounds of muscle and push myself into the healthy BMI range. 35 pounds of muscle is something most people can put on in about 5-7 months. I worked quite a bit harder for it. I had a best friend who was just as tall as me yet weighed over 300 pounds. He started working out at the exact same time I did. He lost 100 of those pounds in a year and now looks great.

I might just be hating my old self for neglecting my body, but either way I look at overweight people and wonder why they haven't been bothered by it enough to step into an excersize program and eliminate the problem the same way I did. What really disgusts me is people who complain about being overweight but haven't excersized a day in their fucking life. Makes me want to smother them with their own stomach rolls.

So, no, it's not cool to be that overweight, or half that overweight, or a third that overweight. She needs to find a health club for whales and start a swimming program.

13. Akakyubi

some guys do:amazed yes, it's true, I'm one of them XD and I know more who do:wink

it surely isn't healthy how fat she is, that's a fact, I know all about it:sad

stupid laziness/sickness which makes fat??

that's truly a great post:thumbs live the way how you want. That's what I do, although it keeps me from healthy XD

14. Near

Well we dont have to live with it so its not fair to judge. Alot of the time its genetics plus parenting. If you let your kid eat whatever and not exercise, how is that person suppose to know its wrong. Its not like people go from 130 to 300 pounds within 5 years.

You can tell by my picture in the picture thread I am not the leanest person in the world either, I mean when I started weightlifting and I ate a whole bunch, without do much cardio. I got my problem areas. As a child though I was super fit because my parents watched what I ate and put me in alot sports (which I liked anyway, but if they didnt, who knows) and because of that I had something to keep me in check all the time, like a while ago I started noticing a few things that would really slow my regular routine, so now I am getting back into shape. I guess you can I was depress during the time I let myself get out of shape but, I wouldnt blame depression on it.

15. I think being fat is fine.

16. Toushou

Did I miss the part when someone said that all 23 year olds are smart? Sorry Yum, i don't mean to say your dumb. :laugh

17. Fall Out Boy

My oldest sister has a disease that causes her to easily gain weight, and makes it harder then average for her to loose it, but that's really no excuse for her to be unhealthy.

I disagree. Yes, it can be much harder for some people to loose weight, like my sister, but it is possible (but I do agree with you about not bullying people. People who bully are pathetic).
    The first thing you take in when you first see a person is, of course, their appearance. When I see someone who looks unhealthy I tend to loose some respect for them right off the bat. It saddens me that some people don't care about themselves enough to even try to be healthy.

I tend to like people who are a bit chubby. Not under weight, not over weight. The people I know who are in the middle always seem happiest.

18. Mousowi

I think people should just mind their own damned business. It's not their problem why does every one always have to make it their problem anyway.

I remember this one time me and my cousin were at the mall, and she had gone up to the food court to pick us up something to eat and when these two guys saw her buying a meal at KFC (which was actually mine) they followed her back to our table mocking her. I felt like punching them. It really hurt her feelings too, and we left immediately after that. My cousin basically lives her life on a diet. I on the other hand eat nothing but junk food. I'm thin and she?s overweight. Some people just aren?t going to be thin no matter what they do. And there's no reason for people to stick their noses in it

I also have an aunt who has to take pills that causes her to retain water, and at one point she was pretty close in size to the women in pic at the top of this thread. I won't deny that there are people that are overweight because of there eating habits. But that's not the only cause. Genetics play a large part in it (my family can attest to that). And for others like my aunt it's really not their fault. All this really proves is that if we don't know what's actually going on it's best to just mind our own business.

19. ez

ROFL, that is hilarious! It's too bad she let that happen to her, but if I saw her in real-life, I wouldn't be able to stop laughing. What a disgusting sight.

Personally, I don't care what people choose to do as long as it doesn't affect me. She, rather anyone, can gain all the weight that she wants.

20. Kurairu

I'm totally fine with it. But the lady in that picture looks sorta scared XD​

21. JAPPO

Would you look at the size of her knockers. Anyway, being fat can be helped sometimes. But genetics can be true aswell, pointed out by Mousowi. People who are fat can be annoying though, don't know if this is a coincidence, but most of the time they are normal people who enjoy beating up old people just as much as the next guy or gal.

22. Monna

Uhh... am I the only one here who thinks that picture looks edited? Seriously, take a closer look at it.

23. Last of the Uchihas

Lekki, i can't believe you are into those kind of women.

For that, i'm putting you under arrest.

You have been charged with having bad taste in women.

24. Shogun

damn, there should be a ban on fat chicks in public places.

25. JAPPO

As much as I agree with you, I must look like a good hearted person and say this:
    OH MY GOD HOW AWFUL! YOU SAD LITTLE PERVERTED MAN

26. Sweet Ambrosia

That lady looks like she's gonna smother herself in her mounds. Honestly each of her breasts must weigh 40 pounds. That's as much as all my textbooks put together.

Anyways, fat people sometimes annoy me. They sit around and whine about how everyone picks on them, but they don't do anything to change themselves. I usually have to tell them to get off their asses and exercise, and eat healthier.

27. spyglassfire

Liked mentioned before, some people are unable to control their weight because of genetic or medical issues. But I think there comes a point for everyone else that getting that fat isn't healthy. You are putting a lot of strain on your bones, heart, and other organs. They have to work twice as hard because of all of the extra weight. I hate the skinny, skinny skeletons (unless that's just you) and curves are great!! There just needs to be a limit. :amuse

28. Vince Johnson

I think part of the problem is believing its okay to be fat. I believe all able people should work hard to be healthy. True, there are people who have a genetic disorder and have trouble losing weight, but don't let it be an excuse to be fat.

29. aLkeMiSt

Obesity is very common these days. If anything, they should be making fun of thin people >XD

30. Maleficent

The problem is... obesity/being overweight contributes to several problems such as heart disease. 'Skinny' being the norm isn't necessarily a bad thing until it becomes extreme [as in anorexia, bulimia, etc].

Personally, I'm lucky in that I can eat whatever I want and still hover around the same weight. Unfortunately, others have slower metabolisms than I do, and so pack on the pounds much easier than I ever could.

. . . And that lady in the picture looks more like she has a glandular problem than an overeating issue. =/

/incoherency