1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is Kakashi an S class?

Discussion in 'Academy Registration' started by Jay, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Hi There I just wanted to know does anybody know if Kakshi is an s class because Ive noticed whenever he gets put on missions there allways S class ones.
    Because I thought he was only a jounin and it says in wikpedia that s class means legendary class so u have to be a legend to obtain that rank.
    Anyway If kakashi isnt a s class then why is he allways on s class missions?

Tags:
  2. Urahara Kisuke

3. olaf

I have no idea

but still, welcome to the forums

4. Naruto Administrator

even if he isnt officially an s-rank ninja, he has proven to us that he can fight with s-rank ninjas, so there u have it :)

5. TheStoryMaster

I thought S class is not an offical class? he surely acts like one.

6. Kakashi's_girl

S class is the higest ranking mission class, and i believe kakshi does do S classes...and yes story it is an offical class..

7. Eevihl

No Kakashi is not an S-class Ninja becuse S-class only means the criminal type.

8. koike88

S-class means dangerous ninja's indeed, something like that.
    If Kakashi were a missing-nin, he would be classified as a S-class nin. Proof of that, is he is seen as a genius, and he's feared by many of the other ninja's.

9. Jay

So if S class is only for the criminal type then why are all the sannin classed as S class ninja and why are different techiniques classed as different classes like kage bunshin is a jounin technique so they class it as an A class or the rasengan they class that as an A class.
    But his new rasengan the omengan rasengan or whatever its called is classed as an S class technique?

10. ComputerFriendly

I think the rasengan was classified as an S class technique?

11. Jouzai

In the Leaf village (Konoha) there are only three official/recognised/accepted (what ever word you want to use) classes, which are separated into Jounins, Chuunins, and Genins according to their abilities:

Genin - Low class (cadets)
    Chuunin - Standard class (commoners)
    Jounin - High class (elite)

A Konoha ninja can only ever be officially one of these classes. Now that takes care of the class issue (there are NO OTHER recognised/official classes for a ninja!). Now lets take care of this "S-class" and what does it mean:

Missions are separated according to difficulty: (Lowest) D, C, B, A (highest).
    Higher officials (e.g. The Hokage) assign the missions to ninja with the appropriate abilities. For example, putting a inexperienced ninja (a Genin) on a A-ranked mission is pure suicide for the ninja to accept, and having a very skilled ninja (a Jounin) perform a easy mission (e.g. finding a lost cat (D-rank)) is a waste of man power, as an inexperienced ninja could be used instead to build up his/her experience. (See Naruto Ep 6)

The confusion lies in the fact that Rank and Class are some times used interchangeably, or Class is sometimes the only word used (to describe both Ninja Skill ability and the mission Difficulty). Generally speaking ninja of their class will only receive certain ranked missions unless they get promoted (or there is an emergency situation):

Genin - D & C ranked missions
    Chuunin - C & B ranked missions
    Jounin - A ranked missions

I am a Naruto Anime fan, I have never come across the anime ever explaining exactly what is a "S-class" mission is, although fans have seen these being handed out. Jounin are the only ones who take on an "A rank" missions (unless there is an emergency). "A rank" is the most difficult ranked mission. An S-class or more accurately S-ranked mission is ABOVE "A-rank" mission by this definition it cannot be completed by a single Jounin (Even the most exceptional (elite ninja) will find this difficult). This of course is being ignored by the large filler arcs at the moment, as Kakashi seems to complete these as they were a walk in the park).

As has been mentioned by other people S-rank or "S-class" can also applied to the following:

-Missing Nin (usually criminals who run away from their village)
    -technique difficulty (e.g. the rasengan)

Taking on an S-ranked criminal or learning a high level technique has a high probability of not being successfully completed or a large amount of skill and/or great effort to over come. Just like a high level mission (A-rank).

Simply put A-rank, S-rank (or S-class as some people choose to call it), is the level of difficulty (Not Ninja class). I ask everyone reading this not to use Class and rank interchangeably to avoid this confusion in the future. I hope this was of some help in answering the question.

PS - the reason why Kakashi keeps getting put on "S-ranked" missions is to show how amazing this guy is (but the this is over-done in the filler and falls flat, in my view).

12. MitsukiShiroi

...Liek people, discuss this in Konoha Library or something. This place is to introduce yourself ye?

Welcome to the forums :amuse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.