1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Is Kyuubi Naruto immune to Genjutsu?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Bosch, Nov 17, 2005.

Is KN immune to genjutsu?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. I have no idea.

18 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Bosch Banned

Do you think Genjutsu is useless against Kyuubi Naruto?
    His abilities are amazing. He can instantly heal his wounds, plus he has an automatic chakra defense. Itachi used a genjutsu on him, but that wasn't Kyuubi Naruto.

Tags:
  2. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Naruto is Naruto.He uses Kyuubi chakra to fight.Thats the only difference.
    His skills are still the same, his weaknesses are still the same.

So yes, high level genjutsus would have him beaten.

3. Siddis Member

Nah, he`s immune. I remember Jiraya saying that when your in an genjutsu the targets chakra is controlled by the user. And who can controll Kyuubi`s chakra except Naruto.

4. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Kyuubi's chakra is Naruto's chakra :oh

5. Hiruma The King has Come!

False. Naruto using Kyuubi's chakra does not mean that Kyuubi's chakra is the same as Naruto's. Furthurmore, the Kyuubi chakra is an alternate source, unless the Genjutsu is capable of attacking both sources at once or the Genjutsu bypasses chakra sources, Genjutsu is not likely to be effective.

6. Heldensheld Chunnin

7. Wrath Mourning

It's possible, based on the idea that Genjutsu involves controlling the chakra of another person. At least considering Naruto has two chakra sources it should at least be more difficult to use a Genjutsu when he's in any of his transformed states.

But at the same time it's also equally possible that it just doesn't work that way. We won't know until someone tries it.

8. 火影ナルト friends

You'd have to steal or absorb the released Kyuubi chakra first. Like what Jiraiya and Kisame and Kakashi can do.

9. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

WTF?

We know that Naruto sucks badly at genjutsu and has been rendered useless in genjutsu and people think he is immune to it?

You got to be shitting me.

10. Splintered Active Member

Yeah, Kyuubi Naruto probably could with high level genjutsu. It just might be a little more difficult because with high levels of Kyuubi, it changes his chakra pattern and probably his senses.

But during the Sasuke-Naruto fight... wasn't Kyuubi using his Chakra with Naruto and not through Naruto? If that's so then Kyuubi could control a part of Naruto's chakra so that Naruto himself is out but Kyuubi's chakra is still moving. Sort of like having an Inner Sakura to throw out Ino out of her mind, Naruto has a Kyuubi that can help him out.

11. Rikudou God of Logic

NEVER has Naruto been put into genjutsu while being in Kyuubi mode. Last time I checked, the way to deflect genjutsu was by realeasing a great amount of chakra instantly, which is what Naruto does continuously in Kyuubi mode. I don't think Itachi can controll that much.

Naruto could still be pwned by Tsukiyomi though.

12. SirBelial New Member

Kyuubi, master of illusions caught in a genjutsu (illusion)? :laugh

13. Crowe inactive - most of the time

Read the title,
    Kyuubi Naruto. Not Naruto, is like
    Uchiha Itachi with MS, Uchiha Itachi.

14. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Sorry, but i have botch-chan on my ignored list, so i don't know what he said. I was basing my comment on the title of this thread

and it still doens't chnage my comment, It doesn't matter if its Kyuubified , kyuubi level 1 or 50, Naruto won't ube immune to genjutsu, especially Itachi's genjutsus.

15. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Mythology states that Kyuubi was such a master of illusions he could create real illusionary worlds. Not only that but Naruto surprised Itachi even though Genjutsu his worst area and Itachi is the god of it. Kyuubi Naruto woulld probably laugh at Itachi's Genjutsu.

16. shibigoku Master of the fist

Oh yes, Kyuubi Naruto is right. Naruto got caught in a genjutsu and Itachi had to reinforce his attack with another genjutsu but Naruto suffered little to none mental damage.

17. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Itachi never reinforceD the attack,

It was the same genjutsu.

AND THIS WHILE iTACHI IS FIGHTING kAKASHI

18. Bosch Banned

Yes, he did. He used a seal because Naruto was too strong.

Kakashi wasn't even serious. Itachi tried to hit him, but he was too slow.

19. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Let me make this clear.

According to Jiraiya
    Kyuubi's chakra merges with Naruto's chakra over time.So Kyuubi Naruto is really Naruto.
    His chakra has now been enhanced by Kyuubi over the period of 15 yeas and is now his own (well at least some of it).
    Naruto in part 2 fights only in Kyuubi mode of which the chakra is now his own.

In order to trap a user in Genjutsu, one must control the flow of Chakra in the victims nervous system and brain.
    In Kyuubi Naruto's case, it is his own chakra that he is using (which is a result of his base chakra and Kyuubi chakra merging over 15 years).
    Thus any Genjutsu user would have to alter the flow of Naruto's chakra to trap him in a Genjutsu.Itachi has proved that it is possible and very easily i might add.

So yes.Genjutsus will still work on Kyuubi Naruto.

20. Random_Shinobi RPG design genius

Well... Kyuubi Naruto is shielded with an armor of living demonic chakra.

1. Can genjutsu penetrate this armor? It would make sense that you have to somehow put your own chakra into the target to affect him with a genjutsu. And anyone would have hard time trying to push chakra trough insane amounts of demonic chakra. It would be like using jyuken strike against kaiten.

2. Even if Naruto is succesfully put under a genjutsu, nothing is stopping Kyuubi to continue fight. At least to me it seems that Kyuubi can to at least some decree control his chakra in this form. Remenber the chakra claw which hit Sasuke when Naruto missed. But then, I might as well be wrong with this...

3. Naruto's body in Kyuubi form is suffused with demonic chakra. This might create problems for those who would like to control the chakra in his brains (aka. use genjutsu on him). Naruto himself is having troubles at controlling Kyuubi's chakra!

Personally I have no idea what would happen. But I am hoping for something spectacular...

21. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

What about when Naruto Spazes out and the Kyuubi kinda takes over him? Like when he fought haku and kinda when the one tail first appeared? Is he immune then?

22. Siddis Member

It has not been proven that Naruto a yet emerged with kyuubi. He can tap into Kyuubi's chakra more easily now, that is all. The fusing will probably not be complete before Naruto is in his late teen years.

23. Thot Lazy

Let's not forget that Itatchi used 30% of his powers to trap Naruto in a genjutsu with one finger... If he uses mangekyou in full power Naruto'd be screwed, kyuubi or no kyuubi...

24. metalanime I like Tits

kyuubi naruto is not immune. he may have a defense if caught in a genjutsu, like the kyuubi going berserk or something, but thats still not immunity and probably wouldnt work on tsukiyomi.

25. Mibu Clan Chibi Mibu

Please tell me your kidding with this topic...Please.

26. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Might be true if it's a strong KN because when he was trying to break out of the illusion he went a little kyuubi. And it was said in the legends i think that the Kyuubi is a genjutsumaster/immune to gen.

27. TimCat Member

I think he is vulnerable to Genjutsu definitely. But I also think that if the Genjutsu were serious enough to possibly do damage to Naruto mentally (IE Tsuykomi (spelling?)), then Kyuubi would come into the alter mental world that is inside Naruto's mind, similar to Inner Sakura. Itachi: "TSUYKOMI!" Naruto: "AHHHHHHH" *Itachi doing unspeakable things to Naruto in his mind* Kyubi: "RAWR! Who the hell are you and what the hell you doing in my house uninvited?" Itachi: *wets himself*

28. Gunners .

It would be harder the user would have to control two flows of chakra instead of one like naruto has to when molding chakra.

TS would probably work, just harder to operate, imo that move i possible to break out of, genjutsu are broken by change in chakra flow etc. If Naruto used the full force of his and kyuubi chakra im not really sure if itachi could manage it, one thing imo is that it would tire him a lot having to control all that chakra.

29. pablocco Member

against normal genjutsu, probably, but what about doujutsu?

30. Therahedwig Parodie Nin

I think pretty much the same as TimCat, both Naruto and the Kyuubi are NOT immune to genjutsu, but even though they're not immune, Kyuubi itself would not be mentally affected as it probarly can recognise the jutsu being an illusion, itself being a Youko(magical fox).

Naruto however, would be, so I think that if he's attacked that way, he will either have to suffer the effect, or the Kyuubi will actually come out to play, that is, if the Kyuubi can feel Naruto is being attacked that way...

EDIT:
    I just realised something, Naruto can not be affected by Tsuki-Yomi as he cannot look into the mangekyou without dying... Unless Kyuubi has a solution for that too...

"Kyuubi no Youko: The solution against all those pesky genjutsu users!"

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005