1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Minato Senju Related?

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by MaruUchiha, Aug 10, 2018.

1. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    The Namikaze Clan was never explained about, are they related to Senju like Uzumakis? How else did Minato learn the Senju jutsu Flying Thunder God?

2. Djomla Student

I don't think Minato learning FTG means he has Senju roots just cause it's Tobi's jutsu. Orochimaru knows ET, a lot of people use clones. Also two of Tobi's jutsu.

But, I always thought that he has some relation to Tobirama. The way they kinda look a like. Both highly intelligent. Both invented awesome techniques. Fighting style literally the same with a lot of intelligence and reasoning kicking in before charging. They both have the same finger sensing thing...

Also, it doesn't really make sense that Ashura's reincarnation, aka Naruto, would be born to the Uzumaki and not Senju. Even though they are relatives. Cause Madara and Sasuke are born to the Uchiha and not some relatives of theirs. Their father was an Uchiha. Hashirama was born into Senju, makes sense Naruto's dad should have some Senju blood in him too.

I also remember (though this could only be an anime filler) that Obito was staring at the Hokage heads and said something along the lines of: "Senjus are always ruling Konoha" (I'm paraphrasing). Two heads are Senju, Saru isn't but he was taught by both Hashi and Tobi. That only leaves Minato. No Senju taught him anything. So maybe Obito knew something. Or he could just be referring to the whole Fire Will and how it was passed from Senju Hashirama all the way to Minato.

Is Dan and Tsunade being Minato's parents still a thing?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  3. Mindovin Well-Known Member

? There is no such thing as Namikaze Clan other than in fanfics.

4. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    You pretty much added more evidence

5. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    Whatever that just makes it even more suspicious

6. SynGates Member

I always believed that Minato was just a genius that came from a normal family and rose through the ranks due to his talent.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Mindovin Well-Known Member

He is orphan and without proof his parents normal Shinobi at most.
    In fanfics he either son of Jiraiya and Tsunade or Madara's son.

8. Sage light Well-Known Member

He has Tsunade's blond hair and Dan's gentleman smile. He's not a Senju but from a whole another clan in my opinion.

9. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Minato is too much like Tobirama to be not a Senju.

He is Tobirama's long lost grand child(or great grand child).

10. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Puerto Rico
    I still stand by the premise that in Konoha whatever wasn't an Uchiha descended from the Senju :hmpf

(Hyuuga doesn't count because lolHyuga)

It's why someone like Moegi can sprout wood-release out of nowhere.

11. Sage light Well-Known Member

Hes from the senju clan according to an interview.

12. Narutossss Well-Known Member

13. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

The speed comparisons make me inclined to think he has some relation to Tobirama. Though, officially there is no link between Minato and the Senju clan.

14. 1Person Well-Known Member

Not everyone is from a ninja clan, as far as we know he could be the son of a
    Farmer or whatever.

Unless it's mentioned, we shouldn't assume there's such a thing as a namikaze clan.

As for his similarity to tobirama, I just assume he was a tobirama fanboy

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Final Jutsu Best of the Best

I don't think so. He was just an unrelated genius from an independent clan like Hiruzen, Sakumo, and Orochimaru(i think?).

16. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    Sorry, but all 3 of those statements are retarded

17. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

He’s like kakashi where he probably came from a single lineage. Honestly the idea that he came from nothing and became legendary sounds a lot better than him belonging to a strong clan. It adds to his mystique.
    Spoiler:
    [\spoiler]

18. 1Person Well-Known Member

Hiruzen is a sarutobi which is a really prominent ninja clan but the rest are never implied to be from ninja clans.
    Care to explain?

19. Arles Celes The Psychologist

No more than Jiraiya is a Senju or Oro is an Uchiha.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    Regular humans in the Naruto world like farmers have no chakra so they can't be a ninja

Why would there not be a Namikaze Clan when every ninja in Konoha whos family has been shown were part of a clan?

Minato never showed any signs of being a Tobirama fanboy.. If anything that's Orochimaru

21. 1Person Well-Known Member

The first thing isnt true, everyone has chakra. We even see a bunch of non-shinobi including regular house cats be wrapped up in shin jukai kotan so there chakra can be absorbed. We've also seen genjutsu(something that works purely by manipulating the victims chakra) used on non-shinobi ect

Your assuming that just because some people come from clans, that everyone must come from a clan. We see tons of characters with no clan affiliation who never reference clans, techniques or other members. Sakura,iruka, and kurenai all have relatives that we've seen yet are never implied to be part of larger clan.

Considering he studied several of tobirama's signature techniques, I think its fair to assume he's read up on the guy. Also knowing some of the same techniques doesn't mean he's a blood relative. The techniques the two have in common aren't even senju related.

That's like saying jiraiya and konohamaru must be from the same clan because they both use fire style and rasengan.

22. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    These are just plotholes.. Hagoromo said only his followers got chakra from him, not everyone just started out with chakra.. They all got it from Hagoromo and those people turned into ninja clans

They were also never not implied to be part of a clan so this is irrelevant..

"Also knowing some of the same techniques doesn't mean he's a blood relative" uhh yeah and knowing 1 jutsu doesn't make him a fanboy.. Minato only knew 1 of his jutsus specifically.. Shadow Clone Jutsu everybody knows so that one is irrelevant.. Knowing 1 of his jutsus doesn't make him a fanboy..
    And that Jiraiya/Konohamaru Rasengan analogy doesn't make sense, not the same at all

23. 1Person Well-Known Member

you cant just call something a plot hole because it contradicts your theory. Hagoromo travelled the world spreading his religion to connect people, his followers and son also did the same. as we see from the instances I mentioned early, everyone and their mother had chakra. It may have started with hago and his followers, but it ended with everyone.

:srsly

You're claiming "every ninja in konoha whose family has been shown were part of a clan" all doing is giving examples of some people who dont fit that claim.

minato uses shadow clones, flying thunder god, and the weird finger sensing thing. Also, I just wanna clarify that when I say "fanboy" I dont mean it literally, like how oro obsesses over itachi. I'm just using as an example of a reason why minato might be interested in learning tobirama's techniques.

The reason for the jiraiya/konohamaru comparison is that in your opening post you call FTG a senju technique and imply that minato knowing that technique somehow links him to the senju clan. That doesnt make any sense since FTG isn't a "senju" technique, its a personal technique invented by tobirama, not something thats passed along through the clan.

maybe a better comparison would be oro and edo tensei. It's a jutsu invented by tobirama but not affiliated with the clan. Oro learned the jutsu from studying tobirama, not by being a secret senju. What I'm saying is that minato did the same thing with FTG. Being a senju has absolutely nothing to do with it and anyone can learn either technique if taught correctly(like how minato taught it to his bodyguards, despite none of them being senju either).

24. Ignition RΞ –QUIΞM

Could be a relative, never understood why Senju dissapeared save for Tsunade :hm
    Also strengthens Naruto/Ashura connection.
    Couldn't be because no hints in canon and I believe the third would've known.

25. savior2005 Well-Known Member

I hope not. I liked the idea that he was born to a normal no-name clan, or even to parents who aren't shinobi.

26. Djomla Student

Found it in the manga, too.

27. Mindovin Well-Known Member

As an ideas/principles simply put the Will of Fire, not blood.
    Hashirama and Tobirama teach Sarutobi
    Sarutobi teach the Sannin
    Jiraiya (his beliefs Will of Fire and peace) teach Minato
    We know Minato's character and beliefs about peace.

• List
  28. Djomla Student

And I already said that that was a possibility in my first post.

29. Mindovin Well-Known Member

I didn't disagree with you only specified my own thought about the subject.

30. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

Of course he is. Everyone who's even vaguely important is connected to either the Senju or the Uchiha or at least has Hashirama's DNA stored in them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List