1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Naruto far less charismatic & inspirational then Luffy?

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by Batzzaro29, Jun 5, 2018.

What do you think

This poll will close on Jan 5, 2019 at 5:22 AM.
  1. Yes.

46.2%
  2. No.

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Showing people his "Tragic life" doesn't make Naruto charismatic or Inspirational.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Shiba D. Inu #admiralgang

3. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

Charisma :
    1. compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.
    In that aspect, Naruto is charismatic.

Luffy gets respect from his crew and his army, so he's charismatic too.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  4. Torpedo Titz Degenerate Daimyo

England
    Luffy - GOAT
    Nardough - WOAT

5. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

They're supposed to both be compelling devotion in others, but Naruto fails to do so in a convincing manner.

Luffy's crew is undoubtedly devoted because he damn near died for each of them and saved them from their respective hells. He is also inspiring to outsiders because he has a truly different approach from the other aspiring pirate kings. He does "my way of the ninja" better than Naruto, basically.

Naruto is just a product of the system, and parrots the same ideals that Konoha wants everyone to believe in. He may have saved the village from Pain, but he's still no different from any aspiring Hokage. When confronted with the question of how he's going to end the cycle of hatred, he just shouts, "Believe it!" and no one is ever convinced. He has to beat everyone he wants to convince until it's either die doing nothing or die helping this idiot in an orange jumpsuit. Lucky for him, both Obito and Pain chose to help. But it was in no way because of his charisma.

In contrast, Hancock, Rayleigh, Kuma, and others all helped Luffy wholeheartedly without having to be near-dead. Hancock especially helped him because he is just an amazing guy. He helped protect the sisters' secret even as they were trying to kill him.

Naruto? When's he ever done something to inspire anyone purely from his character? Maybe during the Land of Waves arc a long time ago. After that it was all beat-them-up-until-they-convert.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

It's the other way around. I've read over 800 chapters of One Piece and I give 0 fucks about Luffy, but Naruto, while the series itself is flawed and I didn't enjoy his obsession with Sasuke during certain points is a significantly more interesting, personal, and charismatic character.

Luffy is just an idiot that goes all the way and not a lot more.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Shiba D. Inu #admiralgang

9. Senjougahara Hitagi Well-Known Member

luffy literally redefined the meaning of charismatic leader

what the fuck did naruto ever do

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Skilatry Well-Known Member

Luffy is as charismatic as a window licker, intelligent as one as well.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

And Naruto is as charismatic as a gender confused SJW weeb and as intelligent as one, hell he also dresses like one.

At least Luffy never kissed Zorro or worse turned into a girl.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  12. Skilatry Well-Known Member

Your intelligence is on par with Luffy's I see.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

14. Skilatry Well-Known Member

15. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Says the guy who is defending a sexually confused moron, who likes to dress himself as girl.

So this makes you what... greater retard?

16. Skilatry Well-Known Member

No, it makes you the greatest retard of all. Every post you make makes you seem more mentally challenged.

17. Araragi loneliness is a wave Moderator

Consider this a warning

It’s great to like your shounen protags a lot, but I’m sure you both have the ability to keep it civil.

• Like Like x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

(Which means he is not relatable at all).

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Rifulofthewest Active Member

Inspirational and charismatic for whom? for the reader or for the other characters?

For the rest of the cast, Luffy (although all the characters he knows are aware that the boy is more foolish than spit to sky, Luffy has shown them to play their necks for them repeatedly and when the cause is worth it , on the other hand, the people for whom he does not do anything, do not trust him), Naruto, on the other hand, has not done anything to show that he can be trusted (I mean the shinobi alliance, which treats him as the savior before knowing that there really was a prophecy when he had not done anything to believe in him, not the Konohans - although they still do very silly things for him, like Shikamaru thinking that Naruto could save them coming at the last minute with his jutsu new, although he did not know if Naruto could get there on time or if that new jutsu would be enough to kill Kakuzu-).

For the reader ... personally I'm not inspired by anything, I would choose Edward Elric, but it's not an option.

Luffy only acts and the other muwiwaras are who have to think for him, and most of the time he only does things because he "wants". He's entertaining to watch, but there are other One Piece characters that seem better to me, like Nami or Usop.

Naruto: I think there are two different Narutos:

The first Naruto, who promised Haku that it would never be a weapon without a heart and that He fight against Negi to show that everyone can achieve their dreams and that you should never give up.
    That Naruto, although he was a silly child, I loved him, he was really inspiring to see how he did not surrender to the world and understood the pain of others without the need that their lives were a copy of his life, not like now.

The second and current Naruto: He's shit, I hate him, he may not be so deluded now and understand the world better, but to mature he has lost all the good that his character had, and worse, it has ruined the old: now the Naruto who did not want to be a weapon, does not see any problem in the shinobi world and he only tries to expand a self-sacrificing philosophy, but without understanding what is wrong in the world. He simply tells you "believe in it" -without explaining what it you have to believe - "and hold on, loser"- fill yourself with love, what a shit of advice, kushina.
    In addition, all that shit "I'm not going to surrender to fate" no longer makes sense, his fate was prophesied and it was the one he wanted! His fight against Negi is the reverse: he had better genes, better powers and better destiny than the Hyuga, which has won him, only proves that Negi was right when he was a bud.
    And the worst, defends the ideal of konoha of the will to fire, which is nothing more than a chauvinist ideology that defends the interests of the leaders of the people. What does the will of fire consist of? Is it to protect children? So why is Naruto systematically putting them in danger in Boruto, refusing to let the ninja system die and the world advance? It's stupid.
    The only truly motivating character of Naruto is Maito Guy and his father, Maito Dai, his flasback is wonderful.

20. Takaya Well-Known Member

I have a list of things to criticise Naruto for, I could be at it for days and still not run out... but he still wins this one, especially when I compare young Naruto to young Luffy - the only comparison I can make and be fair about it, since I gave up on One Piece ages ago. (Which in itself says something about which one of them was more interesting to me.)

21. Billybuddha420 Active Member

I totally agree I look at Luffy an see the archtype for a true leader, Naruto is cool but kinda boring.

22. Alita54 Alita>You

Defining Charisma is difficult thing though. I mean sure we all know basic definition of it but it is kinda subjecting depending upon circumstances.
    I found part 1 Naruto charismatic. He inspired both Hinata and Neji. Tsunade too.
    Part 2 Naruto on the other hand was as inspirational as dirt. His character went down to hill after that. Many characters were sucking his dick later on for no reason.
    Luffy is a moron. That is really not an insult as it is his character trait. He tends to be a lovable moron though. Luffy's tendency to go extra mile for people he cares about(and even those he doesn't) is downright inspirational.
    I mean it is hard not to find him inspirational leader when he climbs a mountain in storm while carrying his two nakama. When characters(his teammates, Vivi, various people he saved in every arc etc) go on Luffy dick riding train there is at least factual reason for it. Not to mention Luffy never looked pathetic(i am looking Naruto having panic attack over Sasuke).
    So yeah I find Luffy more inspirational and charismatic leader.

24. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

I think Naruto's charisma makes more sense than Luffy's. Luffy barely even spoke to most of the pirates in his new Grand Fleet. And mostly he just shows up to beat people who he already hated up before taking some treasure and walking off. He hasn't really acted any differently so its strange that he's moving up as a "Yonko" and a major world player while willfully avoiding having any leadership skills.

Naruto on the other hand developed has developed his charisma. He hasn't reached as many characters personally, because Naruto has a smaller cast while One Piece arcs are quite segregated and bring in a bunch of new characters who are mainly built for a single arc. But his bonds are linked to his ability to empaphise with others and offer up a different perspective suited to them.

Naruto always broke the mold as a shinobi which appealed to those who suffered from the cycle of violence . Naruto challenged what it universally meant to be a ninja in the Narutoverse (repressed emotion and hope, killing your enemy whenever possible, blindly following orders and being paranoid towards others) this made Naruto appealing to any ninjas who were miserable. Like Neji, Gaara, Nagato and even Sasuke in the end.

On the other hand, as much as fans and characters treat Luffy as special. Luffy actually has an extremely conventional attitude and goals for an OPverse pirate (freedom, hedonism, loyalty to friends rather than the law) so he only really appeals to those who liked that life in the first place or who share a common enemy with him. And those are the characters that Oda throws into his path.

25. savior2005 Well-Known Member

I honestly find Naruto Uzumaki more charismatic than luffy even thought I prefer One Piece over Naruto by a wide margin. Naruto's charisma/inspiration seems a lot more genuine and realistic, whereas luffy's feels forced. For the most part, luffy's just an idiot who goes around wrecking shit while Naruto states his beliefs and tries to change things/people

26. Esdese Well-Known Member

luffy has no charisma the dude is literally

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  27. PikaCheeka Well-Known Member

Bontakun and Rifulo nailed this already, so I won't repeat them. I will add that Naruto has an element of hypocrisy to his character which further diminishes charisma (it's sort of an antithesis to charisma), whereas Luffy just comes across as too stupid to even be capable of hypocrisy. Luffy is charismatic the way a brain-damaged yellow lab is. :lmao

28. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Luffy is more inspirational and fairly charismatic. I think Naruto is almost as charismatic as Luffy, but not as inspirational.

29. Seraphiel Nimu Nimu

This one page sets Luffy leagues ahead of Nardo and Green Nardo

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  30. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Standing there and dropping a hat is charismatic and likable?