1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Naruto holding back?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Siddis, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Siddis Member

My theory is that Naruto is wearing weights like Rock Lee.

Reason
    First, Narutos speed and strenght isn't impressive like you would think after training 2 1/2 years with Jiraya.
    Second, we know Kishimoto get's insperation from Dragonball.
    Third, almost all Naruto fics have him wearing several hundred pounds of weights on his whole body.

So, what do you people think?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Yeah he is holding back since theres no need to show how strong he really is. Like Jiraiya said, "a true shinobi doesnt show off his jutsu" and the same for Naruto and his skills.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  3. ui_gui Active Member

yes, most likely not like lee. He is just not using his full strength. I would say less than 1/4 of his strength. There hasn't been a need for him to go all out

4. Wrath Mourning

We definitely haven't seen a "serious" Naruto yet, but that's because he's never had the opportunity to show his skills to us.

The Bell Test was mostly skipped over. He had a nice showing in the beginning, but then he specifically said that he needed to "stop playing around".

He blocked Chiyo's attack very nicely, but that was only one exchange.

Then both times against Yuurachi and Deidara he was only Kakashi's backup.

And in 283, he was working as part of a team, and while he had the most important job, we haven't seen it yet. I have no doubt that 284 will have Naruto win the fight in style.

It is possible that he's wearing weights. After all we have yet to see under his jacket at all. Naruto isn't a Taijutsu type, but then neither is Lee, so we can't say either way. I find it rather unlikely however, because Naruto would be stealing Lee's gimmick.

5. mgrace Guess Who's Back?!?!?!

He is holding back... but we have seen what happens when Naruto doesn't hold back... He releases Kyubi tails and Kyubi begins to take hold over Naruto......

6. MS81 Supreme Jounin

I agree with everyone that he is holding back we never seen him heated in filler yet.

maybe thats his training,ninjutsu & genjutsu will come from jiraiya.

7. sezo Member

I think so too..he is holding back something

8. ixupi Member

He hasn't changed at all. He is just slightly more serious and just as gung ho as ever. He is childish and goofy at heart and untill someone he cares about is threatened he'll get knocked around until proved otherwise by the Sai fight/a later event.

9. DKFize RaijinKen

I dont think he's holding back..I think he is just using what he needs when he situation demands it. It isn't like he's going to run up to everyone and do 12738927432 oodama rasengans

10. Christen Itachi's trouble

He's holding back on what he doesn't know.

And perhaps if he really went all out, he might die so he can't unleash his greatest weapon. He almost did right?

11. Crush! Banned

Maybe he's wearing spirit cuffs. (Only people who've watched Yu Yu Hakusho will get this reference)

12. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Crush! you thought the same thing that I was thinking of but didnt post. :laugh

I was thinking of that but I thought "nah, no one would understand".

13. Christen Itachi's trouble

I'd understand that. ^^ Perhaps Jiraiya did it to him without Naruto realizing it?

14. Angelmonster Sasori Fanboy

I think Naruto matured over the years of training with Jirayia. I have a feeling he will be shown to be the strongest out of his peers whent he fight counts. I think with his maturity he learned that he didn't need to go all out right away with every single attack like he use to do before the time-skip. No weights needed, he had learned to control his ability somewhat...only getting out of hand when people he loves(ex: Gaara)get involved.

15. Crush! Banned

Hehe, I actually think that would be awesome if he turned out to be wearing some type of "chakra cuffs". It would be the perfect explanation.

16. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Well all I know is that if he showed everything during the fight with Deidara, then I'm gonna be disapointed, but I'm sure that he's holding back alot, plus isn't "that jutsu" still unknown?

17. shibigoku Master of the fist

Blocking Chiyo's attack was great and unexpected. He reacted in less than a second.

what we need to see Naruto's potential is another Gaara vs Naruto lvl fight.

18. Bud1weis3err 8th Hokage

Hes holdin back the new badass jutsus he has learned not holding back his speed or strength that much.

19. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Well luckily we didn't get to see much of a display of his speed. I'm really hoping that he shoes some good footwork in the coming arcs.

20. The_Leader Nope, not here!

Why is Naruto going to train with weights?

That would only be if he was going all out taijutsu. Which I'm assuming he isn't.

Sasuke pretimeskip could reach that speed, but it wasn't something that be done all the time, not like Rock Lee.

Besides, there aren't many feats of Naruto that show him as slow.

21. XxShinzouxX l337 Largo Apprentice

In opinion, the reason why Naruto doesn't pull off the tricks of his trade all the time is, yeah, you dont show all your possible moves at once, I agree. Also, the reason why you didn't see him using the "red" chakra all the time because he wants to do stuff that relies on his strenght alone, and not the kyuubi that was sealed up within him.

22. Rangamaru Obito Killed The Uchiha Clan

He could be. Only two people knows what happened during his training, one if Jiraiya and the other is Naruto. If naruto knows what happened in the past, and he is fighting along side kakashi and sakura, their safety will always be first, and the mission will always be second. Why? Because those who don't take care of their friends are worse than trash. Obviously unleashing too much of his power will be harmful to himself and anyone around...

23. funjat Where to from here Adventure?

i think the thing with Naruto is that he has unlimited potential so there is no way of knowing what he is capable of. So even if we have seen all his moves and jutsu's he will be holding back until he totally loses it i.e. go Kyuubi on us. so the only thing he has to hold back on are his emotions.

24. dylec .

Heh, I understand what you wanna say here, but I think you used the wrong word when it comes to Naruto & controlling emotion. :amuse

Naruto isn't very good at holding back what's on his mind. We have yet to witness him in full berserk mode, so it's hard to tell what he would do or how he would react when his friends are there.

Now, as for him hold back on his skills. I believe so. There is more to him than just bigger faster Rasengan & better Kagebushin. I think he was about to go all out back when Deidara tricked him with the clay bushin. But plot development saved it for another day. :D

25. HOKAGEKYZRE crazy as shit...

i dont think he's "holding back" so much as he doesnt have control...if he were holding back he would cease to hold back in kyuubi form...cuz he goes stark raving mad...i think its more like he has no limit...so instead of not holding back anymore his maximum input can always be pushed further......and if he was holding back i dont think it would be with lee weights cuz they've already used that gag...maybie he'll use like chakra disruptors/holderbackers like in yuyuhakusho or something though...that'd make sence for someone with his endless chakra...

26. Silverback1138 New Member

Here's my theory on this. Naruto is holding back. From what I know of the series, his berserker mode only kicks on when he's highly, emotionally stressed. Kyuubi berserker mode doesn't activate based on power, but emotional response. He's been powerful in other battles regardless of going berserk. During the timeskip, he's really matured. I think that he's only going to his full potential when it comes to a sannin/kage lvl battle.

27. HOKAGEKYZRE crazy as shit...

oh just incase anyone is interested...training with weights rock lee style is actually pretty unhealthy...you could end up dislocating a knee if you kick like that...the only way to do it would be to wear the weights in a vest or in tiny tiny incraments farther away from your base...arm weights would be safer than leg weights because of the spiraling motions of most punches but you'd still risk dislocating some stuff...............

28. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

He's been with Jiraiya for two and a half years... And we have only seen a bit of action from him so far. He hasn't even had the chance to hold back yet. So far, everytime he has wanted to unleash, he's been halted. Hasn't anyone else noticed this?