1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Is Naruto predictable/obvious?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Izlude, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Izlude Believe It!

The Naruto story has come pretty far with nearly 300 manga chapters and over 160 anime episodes, but do you think Naruto is sometimes predictable, maybe if too predictable and obvious?

Like for example...

Spoiler:
    Sasori revealed he has a spy that worked under him whom is working under Orochimaru, right off the bat many of us have probably assumed that spy is most likely none other than Kabuto, seeing he is so damn sneaky in everything he does, and even Orochimaru suspected he may betray him at one time.

Although Naruto has pulled a few shocking stunts here and there, like
    Spoiler:
    magically bringing Deidara back when least expected (groans)
    or
    Spoiler:
    a new character named Sai joining Team Kakashi, along with a new Jonin.

So, what do you other Naruto fans think about it?

Tags:
  2. Vespertine Starring in Icha Icha Violence

Like in any story, some things are predictable, others you'd never would have guessed. But Naruto doesn't keep so many people engaged by being all too predictable.

3. Dommy You never knew.

Mmmm.........:blink
    I love surprises............:nuts

4. Splintered Active Member

There are so many manga spoilers here, maybe it should be moved to the library.

My two cents, yeah. There are some predictabilities. Of course there is, as long as it's written by the same writer and there are consistence themes there is always going to be similar parts of the stories.

Naruto will always have the ability to change people. That's his gift. Good guys will win, bad guys will be killed in a flurry of emotion, and sad angsty pasts for all guys, and a few girls if Kishimoto feels like it.

Not to mention with the x789609780 theories this forum spits out of course one of them is going to be true. Especially if there is a certain formula or logic that can be wrapped around.

OMG! MY TENTH THEORY THIS WEEK FINALLY BECAME TRUE!!111

ORLY?

Spoiler:

Then there are the people who go "I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!" Like the whole "Chiyo resurecting Gaara thing". When he came back to life a billion people claimed to know what Chiyo was going to do the chapter before.

IS THAT SO BITCHES?! What was the first clue? When she refused the antidote? And help? And killed her grandson and had nothing to live for? Was going to die and had this INCREDIBLE JUTSU OF LIFE that didn't kill her!

But the same can't be said when Gaara was captured. Or during the Chiyo forshadowing when she took the puppets and said "I lived long enough" hinting at her jutsu. Or even when she was healing Sakura and introduced the jutsu.

Of course she was going to ressurect her. That has little to do with predictability and a lot to do with the "NO SHIT" factor.

5. Ikari Shinji ?

It's way too predictable, but somehow I can't stop reading

6. zuhair The unstopable Dark Altazor

yup2 me 2..i think the anime getting to the part where it is extreamly boring n the manga getting very intresting..i cant wait wats gonna happen hehe

7. TenshiOni Active Member

I, for one, didn't suspect Yamato at all. And as far as I can remember, no one even proposed the idea of Team Kakashi getting a new leader at anytime.

Sasori's spy cannot be Kabuto. It wouldn't make much sense considering Kabuto has constant hints towards him have his own independant goals, not only in the manga but in the databook as well.

8. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

Yes it's predictable,

sai will turn good
    someone dies and will be revived
    naruto goes kyuubi 9 and kills the leader&orochimaru

9. Izlude Believe It!

Yeah, the anime filler is extremely predictable. >_>

The whole Raiga story was basically a rehash of Zabuza and Haku.

10. TenshiOni Active Member

Except that it ended completely different for the characters Raiga and Ranmaru.

11. Bubbles now with 25% extra air

Yes probably but all stories have some kind of predictable formula to them. The important thing is if the story is good or not. I'd say Naruto is. I'm not glued to Naruto but I always remember it and end up watching it some more or download a new chapter now and then. It has the appeal that you want to read more, you want to know what happens. I think this is mainly because there are so many great and memorable characters.

XX

12. Woozie Active Member

Spoiler:
    Yep, way too predictable. I mean it's impossible to predict all the minor things like new characters and stuff, then again I could predict that Yamato will turn out to be just another plot fodder and Sai will probably too, not in this arc yet though. One of the major things about it been predictable that I don't like is that the rookie nine seems to be all immortal. I would rank the whole series a way better if Naruto died in the end, or Sasuke and Sakura somewhere before the end. But that's so obvious?y not going to happen. Good wins, bad will get crushed. It sucks.

13. Alia_Atreides Mew...

I agree. It can be predictable, but its a great manga because of the great art, great characters, and a few good surprises.
    Thats what I think.

14. GSurge Brilliant Punk

This series is not as predictable as all you guys are claiming.

15. yummysasuke Kim Jaejoong

I reckon that there are times where Naruto is quite predictable, especially with his mannerism.

On the fighting side of things, I also think that this is quite true, with his Kage bunshin no jutsu.

But then there are a lot of times where Naruto is actually really surprising. I guess like the fight between him and Neji in the chuunin exams. At the beginning, all the talk was quite predictable, but at the end, the way that Naruto defeated Neji, I thought it was pretty smart and discreet.

16. Ruri always the hours

Spoiler:
    It's true that most people suspect Kabuto is the spy, but it's not a certainty in any way yet. Considering the surprises we've seen in part 2 so far (Tobi, Yamato, Sai, Roots), it's quite possible that the spy is a new character.

17. Sariachan shadowy_blue no neechan

I agree. :)

I didn't expected most of the things that happened since the "second part" started.

18. Grep Kids love Grep

A better question is: Are all serious, action anime shows predicable. This is fairly true due to the fact that almost all action animes seem to share tons of similar themes (just read through some old Dragonball/Dragonball Z manga you will see Good vs Evil, Supposed Evil Characters Becoming Good, Hard Worker vs Genius, and the list goes on) and character types. Even Detective Conan (Case Closed in the dub) is fairly predictable even though it is a mystery based anime, you generally know who-dun-it but you don't know how (unless you are smart enough to solve it). Really though, the most predictable anime of all time is the Dragon Ball Dub on cartoon network because of the fact that they had already shown Dragon Ball Z (which shows events after DB, and if you don't know that you aren't that big of an anime fan are you?) so it was like, "That Tien Shinhan (insert Piccolo also) fellow, will he always be so evil, oh yeah he won't". And to anyone who complains about DB or DBZ spoilers come on, who hasn't seen DB or DBZ.