1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is Naruto sad?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Hokage-of-my-hood, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Hokage-of-my-hood

I mean like when u watch Naruto does it make u y'know kinda little sad, y'know like with all the flashbacks about the loneliness and stuff. But then again, I just started watching Naruto (the anime) so I guess for all of you right now that have watched it for a long time, have gotten used to al the flashbacks, but when u first started watching it, did you cry, or shed tears, or feel kinda sad when there was like a sad part. Or maybe it's just me, cause they say I take televison too seriously, my friends say I get sad too easily when I see something sad on shows (but it's not like that for real life)

Tags:
  2. UZUMAKI NARUT0

a little sad, but not to the point of crying

3. nigggs

I guess you've just watched the first arc huh?

4. nah-nah

Oh, I'm very sensitive. I was the kind of child that cried at every possible Disney movie that existed. I still get misty at Beauty and the Beast. I cry at chick flicks, for crying out loud. But it's not like there's anything wrong with it. I'm just... sensitive like that.

...But enough of that. With Naruto, I'm no different. I get very involved, I guess, and I do get emotional and cry with a lot of the saddest scenes. If you've just started watching Naruto... well... just hold on, 'cause it'll be a pretty bumpy ride.

I guess I'm a wimp. I don't know. But I guess that's just how I am. *shrugs*

Something like that. But it's not like... emotionally traumatic for me. I get over it as soon as it's done.

<3

5. King Speed

i think naruto is sad, he just covers it up by acting like a goof ball. So no one really thinks much about it.

6. Panzer Kunst

I believe naruto certainly was a sad child, but now that he's come this far he's likely the happiest kid in Konoha. He's made amazing progress socially, and I'm sure he's sitting on cloud nine every time he reflects his day when he lays down to sleep. The only stick you could throw in his spokes would be mentioning Sasuke, someone who admitted to being his best friend once, then abandoned him for reasons Naruto simply cannot understand.

He's a resiliant little bugger though. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

7. joker555

dude has anyone watched the american episodes of naruto
    omg what hell they edited the crap out of it but thats
    pretty much a good thing because i don't want all these naruto posers i mean i know about naruto since 2000 one year after it came out and it burns my soul to know that naruto came out for america because its a disgrace oh and what i mean by naruto posers is american kids that think they know about naruto and think there really big fans also did anyone hear naruto's voice in the american version he sounds like a 6 year old girl on crack and at least naruto for america is edited so none of these posers know about the real naruto. p.s. haku is awsome:huh

8. King Speed

jesus christ... another god damn naruto VA basher agaiN! please stay on topic at least, i mean say something like on topic then, bash the hell out of the VA to your hearts content, but beacause the english naruto is less in depth american dub only viewers cant really get a feel for narutos emotions.

9. Yukari_Rin

I'm a pretty emotional person to start with, so Naruto does pull at my heart every now and then. I admit I've cried a few times here and there over the course of the series, but every time I watch episode 109 I cry.

Don't feel weird about crying over what happens in the show. If something affects you, it does. There's nothing shameful in it.

10. Blooming Cosmo

I guess I'll be the lame one to say that I cried during the Lee scene where he's beaten (so freakin sad...), and I felt emotional for the whole Haku and Zabuza thing...I felt really bad for baby Gaara though...yep there are some other scenes, but those are the three that come to mind.

11. Katara

Only at the Lee scene when he's talking to Gai before the surgery. T_T
    I think I'd still end up in tears if I watched it again.

12. Hatsune Miku

13. Panzer Kunst

So weird seeing my avatar on another user...

14. Darko

yeah... naruto's been one of the only things that have actually made me fell the emotional highs and lows, even now i get adrenaline rushes before the big fights when the right music turns on

15. Core

The least you could do is use asdf. (and please use periods!)

Even though the Zabuza and Haku were the bad guys, their death was pretty damn sad.

16. Tsuuga

I thought the Zabuza arc was the saddest... everything after that seemed too exaggerated; still got me invested in the characters emotionally, but not the same impact.

17. angtu

Yeah, the death of Haku made me almost want to cry. That was a great arc. in my mind, still the greatest. also pretty much the last time we've seen kakashi kick some butts. chunnin exam came close a little bit, but not in the sense of making you sad. i guess when Sasuke just left sakura that was sad too. but I didn't want to cry, I was just anxies to see what would sasuke do.

18. Hokage-of-my-hood

Yeah, that arc was good, good times.... Oh! Do you remember that part in the beginning of their second fight, like Zabuza used the mist jutsu thing and then like then Zabuzas appeared. Man, that was friggin cool. Oh and when Haku died I felt sad too and when Zabuza had like hundreds of swords and stuff stabbed into his back and he still lived to kill that stupid rich guy forgot his name...That was cool and emotional.

19. Seany

yea kinda sad sometimes, could also make u feel down if its alot of sadness

20. Kickmeister

o gosh the flashbacks are so sad... i cried so much during the haku zabuza arc T.T

22. DeathIsComing

anime is okay, but it's the manga that really got me moving to the part when i almost cry. it was the chapter when haku died, REALLY sad. i had tears in my eyes when i was reading it. and the chapter when they were showing gaara's childhood. i keep on thinking to myself, "he is so much like naruto. and he could've become a better person if he didnt learn the truth." and my most favorite chapter/episode, is the final battle of naruto and sasuke.
    although the manga was really sad, when i watch the anime, i didnt get the same feeling as i did when i was reading.

23. Zein

Well yeah... I always felt really bad for Naruto about how he was treated, and certain things like the Haku and Zabuza arc, little Sasuke and Little Gaara, and the death of the Hokage, that stuff.

24. Slips

It has its moments well actually it has a lot of moments.

Haku arc
    Sasukes flashbacks
    Gaara flashbacks
    Sarutobis death
    Chuiji almost snuffing it same for Neji

Its aprt of what makes the anime great

25. nbaldwin

Naruto is the only anime that has ever made me the slightest bit emotional, and I consider myself an extremely stoic person. I cried my eyes out when Haku and Zabuza died, and when I thought Chouji and Neji were dead. And when Naruto fights, I get tingles down my spine.

When I watched Naruto fight Neji, I remember being utterly shocked to see him lying unconcious. When he exploded out of the ground and bashed Neji in the face (don't get me wrong, I like Neji), I jumped off my couch and yelled BOOOOOYAAAAA!!!!!

26. azuwachan

I'm a girl, and I admit I cried once when watching Naruto. And with all the sound effects and background music, it makes the story sadder T_T
    but I love it. Probably one of the most effective anime is Naruto because I never cry for a cartoon before.

27. J. Fooly

Actually i almost cried whenever haku and zabuza died... and on some other parts.

28. Fang

I felt sad for Sandaime when he had to fight Nidaime and Shodai. To watch him fight against them; one who founded the Leaf and the other who really made it what it is today/and his sensi. Men who he admired who were summoned from death to be used as tools by his own former beloved star pupil.

It really did kill me to watch him endure it; especially with Orochimaru's taunting and goading in the background as the Hokage fought against his teachers. That just almost had me bawling.

29. Ivyn

In general Naruto isn't sad manga, hell no. But yes, some moments were very touching. For me Wave arc (of course), Sandaime's death, Neji's talk with his uncle about his father's death and
    Spoiler:
    Kakashi Gaiden

30. ziBBy

The emotions that Naruto can make you feel proves that is is a very well made anime. The flashbacks actually make you feel bad for Naruto. And as the series goes on you feel a sense of attachment to each character even the ones you hate. I personally felt sad when...
    Spoiler:
    Sasuke and Naruto had their fight at the Valley of the End. When Sasuke explained to Naruto that he had become his dearest friend it was really sad to see the betrayal that Naruto felt. Even after Sasuke tried to kill him Naruo still sees him as his friend and would give anything to save him from Orochimaru.
    And you all mentioned Lee... I also felt really bad for him almost like he was a real person that I had known my whole life.