• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Is Sasori Overrated, Underrated or rated fairly?

Which category does Sasori fall into?

• Total voters

Six Paths Scaling

Sasori: Overrated, Underrated or Rated Fairly?

IMO he is a bit overrated. To me he's bottom two in the lowest Akatsuki tier, alongside Hidan, Kakuzu & Deidara. His skill as a puppeteer matches that of Lady Chiyo, considering he stated himself that without poison, the two would stalemate in an endless fight.
Not to mention that War Arc Kankuro was stated to surpass him as a puppeteer, who at best only scales to upper tier Jonin due to being a Kage bodyguard.
His speed at handling puppets also only scales relative to Omoi, who was able to counter Sasori's puppets and avoid being attacked, while also jumping at Deidara. Even Sasori says Omoi's swordsmanship is impressive just from that feat.
At best i scale him to Elite-Class Jonin, alongside a majority of the Kage Bodyguards & strongest Jonin such as Darui, IA Kakashi & BM Choji. But because of his poison he could potentially beat some characters a tier above that.

Crow

At best i scale him to Elite-Class Jonin, alongside a majority of the Kage Bodyguards & strongest Jonin such as Darui, IA Kakashi & BM Choji.
You're insane. Sasori is extremely underrated. Sandaime Kazekage is hailed as Suna's strongest Kazekage and Sasori took him down - that feat alone puts him in the Mid Kage tier. Iron Sand shit diff's most combatants, seeing that they don't have the convinence of an antidote, and the weapon itself is just extremely versatile, as he can create any weapon he wants out of it, as well as wings. People often use his fights against Sai and Kankuro against him, even though he didn't have any of his puppets with him, and as a puppeteer, it's the backbone of his fighting style. With it he would've outperformed Kankuro easily as he'd done arcs before with only Hiruko, and Sai would've been hard pressed to replicate his feat.

Sasori is a solid mid kage.

Halcyonite

People downplay him because of a lack of feats, but realistically, no one should rank him far from Deidara, whether it's a little bit above or below. They were supposed to be peers at the least, and Deidara even admitted inferiority to him.

Halcyonite

The idea that Kankuro had surpassed him in the WA leaves me feeling a bit unsettled. I can't see it.
I feel like I've spoken with someone about this recently, but his "surpassing" Sasori wasn't in terms of strength but something to do with the narrative. Might be wrong.

Charmed

Forever Charmed
Fairly rated by the fandom as a Mid kage ninja.
I only rank him half a tier above everyone else.

He literally defeated the strongest Kazekage ever (a tough fight at that) when he was a teen.
So by portrayal:
Teen Sasori (w/o Kazekage Puppet and Performance of 100) > 3rd Kazekage > Chiyo = Prime Hanzo.

Meaning Teen Sasori might have been roughly a Mid Kage shinobi. Add Sandaime and Performamce of 100 and also a much stronger poison than the one he had back then and he's definitely a High Kage.

Very few people think he's barely Kage level because he was defeated by Chiyo, who they usually rank as an Elite Jounin at most, yet during War Arc, it's confirmed that Chiyo was Prime Hanzo's rival and fought him so many times, this statement is backed by the fact that Edo Chiyo, who's missing 90% of her arsenalz was holding her own against a KCM clone, Kankuro and an army of fodder Samurai. The same Kankuro who dared to say he surpassed Sasori (maybe as a human being), minutes later couldnt even get past a much weaker version of the Chiyo that fought Sasori, not even with Nardo's help.

Sasori still has one of the 3 best Shunshin feats amongst Kage tiers:
1. His shunshin was slightly faster than Deidara, even tho he was still inside Hiruko. But that's not all, tale a look at the distance...
He literally covered what could be considered the length of a Tailed Beast from one panel to another (compare the panel in which the Akatsuki are sealing the Turtle with the panel where Sasori shunshins while inside Hiruko).

2. When Sakura punches a Satetsu block back at Sasoro, using her mighty CES btw, he immediately shunshins away landing on the bacl wall of the cave. He literally shunshined across the place where the GM was summoned!

3. Maybe this one's not a shunshin but he did transfer his core across the entire cave. A cave that can prolly fit GM and a biju and still have some free space left. Chiyo couldnt even see the core yet she could react to a KCM clone. She was also impressed by Sasori's speed many times throughout the battle.

Anyway, Sasori should never be ranked any lower than Mid Kage (he rarely is, thankfully). I personally rank him as High Kage. He's top 4 Akatsuki. šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Š

Alita

Alita>You
He's a bit overrated imo. He is a mid level akatsuki but the weakest of the mid levels imo. And only on the upper end of low kage to at best at the very bottom of the mid kage.

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Overrated like sasori empirically speaking has had five combat related scenarios 10 if your counting filler and backstory information like the first scenario would be versus kankuro, the second being versus sakura and chiyo, the third versus sai,the fourth versus random samurai, The fifth versus the third kazekage, the sixth versus edo third kazekage, the seventh being versus orochimaru, the eight being his little scuffle with deidara, The ninth being his fight with konan and the tenth being his fight versus kid naruto in the infinite tsukuyomi dream.

None of these fights even suggest him being kage or high jonin level empirically speaking of course like the best evidence that exists would be his victory versus the third kazekage who mind you is entirely featless and the fact that sasori gets negged by characters like omoi,sai and sakura just show that his hype does not really matchup with what were shown on screen.

Crofty

Rated fairly imo

He gets wildly overestimated by some but equally gets downplayed by others that ignore context, but from what I've seen most people have him as a solid mid Kage which I can agree with.

He can beat other mid Kages and maybe even knock off a high Kage or 2, but can also lose to some low Kages due to matchup.

Bob74h

The Supreme King
He gets wildly overestimated by some but equally gets downplayed by others that ignore context, but from what I've seen most people have him as a solid mid Kage which I can agree with.

Do tell how somebody who sai negged is kage level

Crofty

Negged a Sasori who had none of his arsenal when alive, who was on top of Deidaras clay bird, and all Sai did was hit them? Is Deidara also not Kage level.

Aren't you the same guy who thinks Zabuza beats Urashiki? :kobeha

Troyse22

Shuts down the Sannin camp

Sasori: Overrated, Underrated or Rated Fairly?

IMO he is a bit overrated. To me he's bottom two in the lowest Akatsuki tier, alongside Hidan, Kakuzu & Deidara. His skill as a puppeteer matches that of Lady Chiyo, considering he stated himself that without poison, the two would stalemate in an endless fight.
Not to mention that War Arc Kankuro was stated to surpass him as a puppeteer, who at best only scales to upper tier Jonin due to being a Kage bodyguard.
His speed at handling puppets also only scales relative to Omoi, who was able to counter Sasori's puppets and avoid being attacked, while also jumping at Deidara. Even Sasori says Omoi's swordsmanship is impressive just from that feat.
At best i scale him to Elite-Class Jonin, alongside a majority of the Kage Bodyguards & strongest Jonin such as Darui, IA Kakashi & BM Choji. But because of his poison he could potentially beat some characters a tier above that.

Fairly rated, maybe slightly overrated?

Him being pushed to max difficulty by BoS Sakura and Old Chiyo is just bad, it's hard to forgive those low end feats, there's just so many.

I generally have him as the weakest Akatsuki mid tier nowadays. Deidara>Kakuzu>Sasori regardless of Deidaras statement, he blatantly has superior feats. He absolutely scales above Hidan, who barely, if at all, makes Kage level, but he doesn't scale quite scale to SM Jiraiya whereas Deidara could outright beat him and Kakuzu could push him hard.

Crofty

Even then he scales to sakura who negged sasori just fine
How does Sasori scale to BOS Sakura? When was Sasori "negged" by BOS Sakura? It was literally made apparent that either her or Chiyo wouldn't make it past Hiruko on their own. Also not including the fact that he threw the fight in the end.
He defeated isobu quite easily so yes he's kage level
But in your words Sasori was "negged by Sai" which doesn't make him Kage level. The exact same thing happened to Deidara, by your scaling how is he Kage level?
Yes and zabuza does neg urashiki as he's above chojuro who bodied foddershiki
The same Urashiki who was holding his own against Adult Sasuke, Adult Gaara, Jiraiya, Shukaku etc. This alone is better than anything 5 Zabuzas could accomplish. Proof that Adult Chojuro is below Zabuza? heck he showed Suiton on a greater scale than Zabuza, how the hell is he below Zabuza?

Also if I wanna ignore context then Zabuza died to a bunch of fodder thugs.

Last edited:

Gin Ichimaru

I have Deidara to the higher end of mid-kage tier, Sasori in the middle, and Kakuzu somewhere in the bottom half of mid kage.

Bob74h

The Supreme King
How does he scale to BOS Sakura?
Because she punched him out and has destroyed all his individual puppets

The exact same thing happened to Deidara, by your scaling how is he Kage level?

It's a outlier for deidara as he has feats beyond that level unlike sasori eg negging isobu

The same Urashiki who was holding his own against Adult Sasuke

The same sasuke who was stated to be weaker numerous times over and got negged by burito

Also if I wanna ignore context then Zabuza died to a bunch of fodder thugs.
He was weakened due to having his arms broken by kakashi

Troyse22

It's a outlier for deidara as he has feats beyond that level unlike sasori eg negging isobu

The same sasuke who was stated to be weaker numerous times over and got negged by burito

Let's be honest here Sakura would NOT have won without Chiyos assistance PERIOD.

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Only after being assisted by Chiyo early on. She'd have straight up lost very early without prep and Chiyo.

It's stated that sakura can keep up and it's shown that way though feats aswell so your just empirically incorrect, You can feel how you like but facts do not care about your feelings and it will stay that way until the end of time like even when they ban me, The only difference being is that you would not have anyone pointing out these facts.

Troyse22

It's stated that sakura can keep up and it's shown that way though feats aswell so your just empirically incorrect, You can feel how you like but facts do not care about your feelings and it will stay that way until the end of time like even when they ban me, The only difference being is that you would not have anyone pointing out these facts.

Ok Turrin :tiredpepe

Crofty

Ahh she didn't destroy all his individual puppets. She destroyed Hiruko (Teamwork with Chiyo to immobilize Hiruko), the 3rd Kazekage (Played dead to fool Sasori that she was poisoned, which made Sasori let his guard down, because he didn't know they had an antidote) and a couple of the Hundred Puppets. You make it out like she single-handedly destroyed all 100 of them, even though she had Chiyo with Chikamatsu's Puppets helping, and even then they didn't destroy all 100, they had to seal Sasoris Puppet body because they were going to get overwhelmed by the 100 Puppets. Why do you continue to ignore context from that fight?

Lol that "neg" meant absolutely nothing because he literally reassembled himself not even a minute later.

You can't pick and choose if it's an outlier for one character and say it's not for the other character if they both get hit by the same attack lmao.

Haha what, even if he was "weaker" by your standards he's still leagues ahead of Zabuza, unless you think Adult Sasuke is lower than Zabuza :kobeha
And Sasori had no puppets against Sai. The genius puppet master was fighting without his puppets lmao. Why do you use context in some scenarios and choose to ignore it in others?

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Ahh she didn't destroy all his individual puppets.
Yes she did as the hundred puppet jutsu are not specific individual puppets

And Sasori had no puppets against Sai. The genius puppet master was fighting without his puppets lmao.
Human puppets work the same as normal puppets as the war arc clearly shows with both chiyo and sasori

She destroyed Hiruko (Teamwork with Chiyo to immobilize Hiruko), the 3rd Kazekage (Played dead to fool Sasori that she was poisoned, which made Sasori let his guard down

She still had the ap to break both of his individual puppets, The context only explains how she tagged them not how she damaged them

Lol that "neg" meant absolutely nothing because he literally reassembled himself not even a minute later.
The fact, He needed to reform the puppet body in question means that it was harmed by her attack and if was not harmed then it wouldt of gotten dismembered to the point that it needed to be reformed.
It's like with regeneration feats, The fact naruto regenerated after getting stabbed by sasuke's chidori, Does not mean that the chidori did not harm him rather it means that he healed from that damage due to his powers.

Haha what, even if he was "weaker" by your standards he's still leagues ahead of Zabuza, unless you think Adult Sasuke is lower than Zabuza :kobeha
Adult sasuke got outplayed by genin naruto in the urashiki fight so yes zabuza does indeed neg him
zabuza > genin naruto > urashiki > sasuke as per canon

Crofty

Yes she did as the hundred puppet jutsu are not specific individual puppets
So she loses to 100 Puppets? Sai also loses to 100 Puppets right?
Human puppets work the same as normal puppets as the war arc clearly shows with both chiyo and sasori
No, controlled alive humans are different from Human Puppets that Sasori creates.
She still had the ap to break both of his individual puppets, The context only explains how she tagged them not how she damaged them
Why is this a bad thing? Sakura CES Punches are powerful, why do you continue to downplay CES Punches.
The fact, He needed to reform the puppet body in question means that it was harmed by her attack and if was not harmed then it wouldt of gotten dismembered to the point that it needed to be reformed.
It's like with regeneration feats, The fact naruto regenerated after getting stabbed by sasuke's chidori, Does not mean that the chidori did not harm him rather it means that he healed from that damage due to his powers.
So Sai "negs" Sasoris puppet body and he reassembles like he did against Sakura right?
Adult sasuke got outplayed by genin naruto in the urashiki fight so yes zabuza does indeed neg him
zabuza > genin naruto > urashiki > sasuke as per canon
I've seen it all now :bookerskully

Last edited:
Top Bottom