• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Is Sasori Overrated, Underrated or rated fairly?

Which category does Sasori fall into?

• Total voters

Bob74h

The Supreme King
controlled alive humans are different from Human Puppets that Sasori creates.
Sasori only had three human puppets though that being himself,hiruko and the third kazekage

So Sai "negs" Sasoris puppet body and he reassembles like he did against Sakura right?
Indeed

No, controlled alive humans are different from Human Puppets that Sasori creates.
They are different, I never said otherwise however they are controlled to the same degree of precision as shown in the war arc and chiyo controlling sakura

Why is this a bad thing? Sakura CES Punch are powerful, why do you continue to downplay CES Punches.
Because the arc after this has kyubi naruto one shot sakura

Crofty

They are different, I never said otherwise however they are controlled to the same degree of precision as shown in the war arc and chiyo controlling sakura
What are you trying to argue with this? That Sasori controlling the 3rd Kazekage would end up the same result as controlling those random shinobi against Sai, Kankuro, Omoi etc?
So Sai loses yeah?
Because the arc after this has kyubi naruto one shot sakura
How is this a bad thing? Also she never actually fought KN1 or KN4 Naruto. Heck she ran to Kn4 Naruto crying.

Speedyamell

If you don't like fax, you can't like me ;)
He's underrated because most people underestimate chiyo.
Chiyo herself is a solid mid kage by feats and portrayal and despite having antidotes provided to her as well as a mini hulk she can guide, she still only pushed him to high diff and would have died if he really wanted to win.

Bob74h

The Supreme King
What are you trying to argue with this? That Sasori controlling the 3rd Kazekage would end up the same result as controlling those random shinobi against Sai, Kankuro, Omoi etc?

Not that it would end in the same result that it did end in the same result, Watch the story as it's very clear that he performed the same versus ninja as he did before in that he got bodied

would have died if he really wanted to win.
Common lie made up by the community, it's actually stated that he couldt avoid chiyo's attack despite there being a small opening

So Sai loses yeah?
Sai bodies sasori as per canon

How is this a bad thing? Also she never actually fought KN1 or KN4 Naruto. Heck she ran to Kn4 Naruto crying.

Indeed and she got slapped away by naruto's tail quite effortlessly

Turrin

玄武

Sasori: Overrated, Underrated or Rated Fairly?

IMO he is a bit overrated. To me he's bottom two in the lowest Akatsuki tier, alongside Hidan, Kakuzu & Deidara. His skill as a puppeteer matches that of Lady Chiyo, considering he stated himself that without poison, the two would stalemate in an endless fight.
Not to mention that War Arc Kankuro was stated to surpass him as a puppeteer, who at best only scales to upper tier Jonin due to being a Kage bodyguard.
His speed at handling puppets also only scales relative to Omoi, who was able to counter Sasori's puppets and avoid being attacked, while also jumping at Deidara. Even Sasori says Omoi's swordsmanship is impressive just from that feat.
At best i scale him to Elite-Class Jonin, alongside a majority of the Kage Bodyguards & strongest Jonin such as Darui, IA Kakashi & BM Choji. But because of his poison he could potentially beat some characters a tier above that.

1) He’s not in the bottom lowest, he is above Deidara, Kisame, and Hidan. Kakuzu vs Saori is debatable.

2) His skill is above Chiyo as he would only stalemate with her when he was fighting 1v2; and then later he showed his 100 Puppet Tech exceeded her 10 Puppet Tech

3) Why do you think Kankuro only scales to upper tier Jonin? He showed speed to keep up with Darui Lazer Circus; that alone puts him at the point where he’s stronger then that

4) The characters your listing are all above Elite Jonin Class; and are on par or superior to Kisame, Hidan, Deidara, and Kakuzu. So unless you just mean Sasori is on that same general leve as those 4, then Your underrating Sasori or overrating these other members if you put him below them

Bob74h

The Supreme King
1) He’s not in the bottom lowest, he is above Deidara, Kisame, and Hidan. Kakuzu vs Saori is debatable.

2) His skill is above Chiyo as he would only stalemate with her when he was fighting 1v2; and then later he showed his 100 Puppet Tech exceeded her 10 Puppet Tech

3) Why do you think Kankuro only scales to upper tier Jonin? He showed speed to keep up with Darui Lazer Circus; that alone puts him at the point where he’s stronger then that

4) The characters your listing are all above Elite Jonin Class; and are on par or superior to Kisame, Hidan, Deidara, and Kakuzu. So unless you just mean Sasori is on that same general leve as those 4, then Your underrating Sasori or overrating these other members if you put him below them
Empirically wrong on everything as per the usual, The nbd only knows of smooth brained geniuses it seems

Six Paths Scaling

You're insane. Sasori is extremely underrated. Sandaime Kazekage is hailed as Suna's strongest Kazekage and Sasori took him down - that feat alone puts him in the Mid Kage tier. Iron Sand shit diff's most combatants, seeing that they don't have the convinence of an antidote, and the weapon itself is just extremely versatile, as he can create any weapon he wants out of it, as well as wings. People often use his fights against Sai and Kankuro against him, even though he didn't have any of his puppets with him, and as a puppeteer, it's the backbone of his fighting style. With it he would've outperformed Kankuro easily as he'd done arcs before with only Hiruko, and Sai would've been hard pressed to replicate his feat.

Sasori is a solid mid kage.
I disagree with the notion that Sasori with his puppets would've performed vastly better against Kankuro and others. Lady Chiyo never used Sakura as a puppet prior. But in the end was still able to, in Sasori's own words, stalemate him in what would have been a never ending match, against the 3rd Kaze puppet at that. If you're a skilled puppeteer, you can work with what you've got, as like i said, was shown with Lady Chiyo who because of that scales very relative to Sasori in skill & speed.

Both Omoi & WA Kankuro were shown to keep up with Sasori in terms of combat speed.

Also you saying that Sasori automatically scales to mid kage because of his off panel fight against 3rd Kaze, by default you should scale Edo Kimimaro to high Kage level for stalemating a KCM Naruto clone off panel, when a SM clone was able to take down the 3rd Raikage.

Six Paths Scaling

i disagree, i look at all these characters match-ups and all the ones you named above had to get extreme diffed by much more powerful characters than who Sasori fought.
1v2? Lady Chiyo was controlling Sakura a majority of the time during that fight. I'd fair it was a 1v1 but both respective sides controlling human puppets. Even Sasori should of technically have the upper hand by being able to use the 3rd Kazekage's notorious iron sand, but in his words, the two was only able to stalemate at best in an endless match, had it not been for Sasori's poison.
I also scale Darui to Elite-Class Jonin, a tier where the strongest of strong Jonin reside. Just a notch under the Kage tier, as i dont see any of these characters beating a kage in a legit 1v1.

DieRedBlack10553

after seeing the various threads about where Omoi and Karui beat Sasori, or that Jirobo counteracts his iron sand easily with his strength or that Sasori only climbs at BoS Sakura, I would say yes, is underrated, but also quite overrated in some cases where people give it a winner in various threads for "He defeated the strongest kazekage" when we know nothing how the fight went, whether it was an ambush or a real fight, I have it at Mid Kage anyway.

Turrin

玄武
i disagree, i look at all these characters match-ups and all the ones you named above had to get extreme diffed by much more powerful characters than who Sasori fought.

1v2? Lady Chiyo was controlling Sakura a majority of the time during that fight. I'd fair it was a 1v1 but both respective sides controlling human puppets. Even Sasori should of technically have the upper hand by being able to use the 3rd Kazekage's notorious iron sand, but in his words, the two was only able to stalemate at best in an endless match, had it not been for Sasori's poison.

I also scale Darui to Elite-Class Jonin, a tier where the strongest of strong Jonin reside. Just a notch under the Kage tier, as i dont see any of these characters beating a kage in a legit 1v1.
1) The issue is circumstance matter; most of those characters had advantageous circumstances (except Hidan and Kakuzu), in contrast to Sasori who was placed in a highly disadvantaged circumstance.

2) Chiyo would have lost to the Kazekage while controlling Sakura if not for the Antidote. So you can’t claim it’s 1v1 with both having human puppets. Sakura contributed a-lot and she had Prep.

3) If Darui is Elitr Jonin Tier then so are Hidan/Kakuzu/Sasori/Kisame/Deidara, as Darui. Unironically has better scaling then all of them. As he scales to V1 Raikage and 3T Summit Sasuke; or even higher by the WA when he is out matching Base-Gin/Kim and reacting to V2 Kinkaku

AmitDS

Because he was countered by 2 women, one of them being Sakura who everyone has a hater boner for, people proceed to claim he's weak and one of the weakest Akatsuki when he's really one of the strongest.

MHA massive fan

Think he is actually hilariously underrated after this thread
He basically killed Sakura and Chiyo
Sakura at least 3 times , Chiyo once

you give these 2 antidotes to how Kakuzu or kisame fight and they would beat them the same way

Ruthless Tsuchikage

At best i scale him to Elite-Class Jonin, alongside a majority of the Kage Bodyguards & strongest Jonin such as Darui, IA Kakashi & BM Choji. But because of his poison he could potentially beat some characters a tier above that.
That wouldn't really work with the worldbuilding. Sasori is the strongest shinobi in Suna history. In other words this would mean that the Sand village had never in its entire history produced even a single kage level ninja which would raise serious questions about why its one of the five great villages, let alone an independent nation. Why didn't the likes of Mu or Onoki casually walk in and take over the place if even the strongest fighters they have aren't even ''low kage'' material?

Six Paths Scaling

That wouldn't really work with the worldbuilding. Sasori is the strongest shinobi in Suna history. In other words this would mean that the Sand village had never in its entire history produced even a single kage level ninja which would raise serious questions about why its one of the five great villages, let alone an independent nation. Why didn't the likes of Mu or Onoki casually walk in and take over the place if even the strongest fighters they have aren't even ''low kage'' material?
why is Sasori the strongest shinobi in Suna history

Six Paths Scaling

You know.....killing the one who's officially the strongest in Suna history.
if that's the case then do you also scale Kimimaro to KCM Naruto clone level, because they stalemated?

or Jirobo to Gamabunta level, because he's stronger than Gama

or Sound 4 to Kage level because of their barrier that trapped Hiruzen and Orochimaru

MHA massive fan

if that's the case then do you also scale Kimimaro to KCM Naruto clone level, because they stalemated?

or Jirobo to Gamabunta level, because he's stronger than Gama

or Sound 4 to Kage level because of their barrier that trapped Hiruzen and Orochimaru
:cat
Why on earth is jirobo stronger than bunta ?

Six Paths Scaling

:cat
Why on earth is jirobo stronger than bunta ?
he was able to pick up Part 1 giant Choji with one hand, Shippuden BM Choji is slightly taller than1700cm tall and taller than Gamabunta. while in part 1 he is roughly 1500cm tall. If anyone knows a thing about weight transfer, you can lift the same weight on one hand, on the other. So even if you wanna say Gamabunta weights slightly heavier than Choji, Jirobo can still pick up two mountain sized Choji's, and no evidence suggesting Gamabunta weights more than twice the weight of Choji, thats just headcannon when it can be viable that Choji weights heavier than Gama.

So pound for pound Jirobo scales stronger than Gama and Mountain sized Choji

Illusory

I basically agree that he is overrated most typically. BoS Sakura being able to track his movements (while failing to do so to BoS Sasuke later) pretty much cements Sasori as quite slow.

However, I’d also say he’s definitely no lower than Low Kage. The author went to relatively great lengths to let the reader know Sasori was Kage-class. So even if he’s slow, he has a p1 Gaara thing going for him where jutsu (and poison hax) closes the gap against some opponents.

As an Edo, he didn’t have his poisons or some of those jutsu through puppets, making him weaker. But even in his prime, he was not great. One of the coolest concepts/powers in Naruto though.

Sablés

BoS Sakura being able to track his movements
Sakura could never handle the speed of Sasori's attacks. She does the equivalent of aim-dodging by predicting the motions of his fingers before the attack. And that, she could only do after extensive babysitting from Chiyo. Once Sasori stops attacking using his fingers, she's just as helpless again and gets struck by a poison needle.
(while failing to do so to BoS Sasuke later) pretty much cements Sasori as quite slow.
Hebi Sasuke's speed was overwhelming for Deidara so I'm not seeing an issue here.

Illusory

Sakura could never handle the speed of Sasori's attacks. She does the equivalent of aim-dodging by predicting the motions of his fingers before the attack. And that, she could only do after extensive babysitting from Chiyo. Once Sasori stops attacking using his fingers, she's just as helpless again and gets struck by a poison needle.

I am aware of those details. But BoS Sakura is fairly low on the reflex totem pole, so her aim dodging based on tracking his fingers after an amount it is still an anti-feat for Kage speed.

Hebi Sasuke's speed was overwhelming for Deidara so I'm not seeing an issue here.

Yes, and I count that against Deidara somewhat, although Sasori’s is worse than Deidara’s as Deidara did barely react to Hebi Sasuke, whereas Sakura could not register Sasuke’s shunshin at all.

Hebi Sasuke and BoS Sasuke are faster than the typical Kage, but BoS Sakura is a LOT slower than the typical Kage, and by extension Sasori is clearly somewhat slow for a Kage level.

Sablés

I am aware of those details. But BoS Sakura is fairly low on the reflex totem pole
Based on? She was trained by Tsunade for exactly that situation, and she only learned to predict Sasori's set pattern. Sasori does not need to use his fingers to control his puppets. He can control at least 100 of them using his own body, giving no tells.

When it comes to the actual speed of Sasori's attacks, she was helpless.

Yes, and I count that against Deidara somewhat
Or it's just a feat for Sasuke being extremely fast? Deidara was able to handle with BoS Gaara's sand speed.

And again, Sakura doesn't perceive Sasori through just sight otherwise she would have never needed Chiyo to back her up in the first place, and would have been able to see Sasori's finger movements from the beginning. She had ample time to get used to him specifically.

MHA massive fan

he was able to pick up Part 1 giant Choji with one hand, Shippuden BM Choji is slightly taller than1700cm tall and taller than Gamabunta. while in part 1 he is roughly 1500cm tall. If anyone knows a thing about weight transfer, you can lift the same weight on one hand, on the other. So even if you wanna say Gamabunta weights slightly heavier than Choji, Jirobo can still pick up two mountain sized Choji's, and no evidence suggesting Gamabunta weights more than twice the weight of Choji, thats just headcannon when it can be viable that Choji weights heavier than Gama.

So pound for pound Jirobo scales stronger than Gama and Mountain sized Choji
So what you can say is jirobo has strength feats and bunta doesn’t
Alright I get you

cptwolf

Prior to reading this thread, I would’ve said rated fairly. Mid Kage is where I would place him. OP and a few others have made some really bad arguments and I see where some people get the idea that he’s underrated. There’s a lot of blatant ignoring of the text here as well. I think in general from what I’ve seen across other forums as well is that puppet users tend to be overlooked. There’s a very ”lol cut the strings” vibe which is a shame.

DaVizWiz

Generally overrated.

He couldn’t mortally wound Sakura or Chiyo so his attacks are underwhelming in speed and he was cleanly tagged several times by Sakura throwing her own punches, which is also bad, since most ninja aren’t handicapped to where they need to get into point blank range to land their attacks and most ninja have faster attacks than Sakura, and even BoS Sasuke could one panel her.

He doesn’t really have the “combat speed”’ as some put it to compete at the higher levels of the kage tier, he can lay out the low kages due to sheer scale of his arsenal and give Mei and maybe Rasa a run for their money but that’s as far as his power takes him.

Any superhuman who still relies on toxins as a primary offense in any fantasy spectrum I’ve found to be bottom feeders in their verse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom