1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is there life out there?

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Orataki, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Orataki

is there life out there? you tell me.

Tags:
  2. Kage_Kama

Yes. The earth is so small in the universe, you can't even compare it to a grain of sand on the beach.

I am 100% positive there is life on other planets, intelligent or not. I think that a vast majority of planets out there has life. Chances are, there are even several hundred other sentient races out there OTHER than humans.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  3. Killenator

Tough question. I think the answer is probably yes, but I won't give a complete answer until I see that life myself. We know that life of a sort has existed in this solar system, but that doesn't mean that sentient life is out there. It would be nice, but I doubt we'll ever find out.

4. ?Naruto-Kun?

OFCOURSE THERE IS, they even walk AMONG US...oh no..they could be watching me type this...

5. Aldredian_Sahn

There are hundreds of billions of chances...maybe. Or we could be the one in a hundred billion chances to spawn life. Or on the other hand, if you're Christian, then no, there's probably not life on other planets and if there is, we will probably never find out. Nonetheless, I think it would be cool to find life on other planets...or some other kind of life.

6. Jedi Mind Tricks

I would have said what Kage_Kama said, so yes.

7. Scorpio3.14

I really dont know if there is life out there. I dont think there is because of my beliefs, but thats just my opinion since there really isnt a whole lot of evidence otherwise.

8. General Shino

9. Shino's a Bad Man

if there is life...then u know what, who cares? there is no possible way anytime within our generation space travel will be advanced enough to travel to other planets farther than Mars. if they want to talk to us, they better come to us, cuase im not getting off my couch. honestly, i dont care, if they ever attack us and are killing us, we can always hit the "nuke everything" button in the white house and obliterate our own planet, that way they wont get to use our planet cause it'll be completely uninhabitable. they'll just be like..."damn...another livable planet gone...maybe we should come in peace once in a while and see if we can work out arrangments or something"

10. lekki

of course there is life out there, whether it is life we care about is a different story. Bacteria is everywhere including space. If you mean aliens, what if we are the first? I would certainly hope not, but it could be the case. With space being as big as it it, I would certainly hope to see little green men proven as fact but that may be too much to ask for.
    Shit, we haven't even proved or disproved bigfoot yet.

11. yeah, didnt they found evidence of fossilized bacteria on Mars. which means life at one point did exist on Mars?
    And what about the ice that they found on one of the moons of Jupiter? Ice is water, and where there's water...life might of existed it.
    and those are just of the ones in our galaxy. If you imagine a pot of boiling water, and let's say that the surface of the pot was the realm of the universe and the bubbles were planet, each being created within different times, some bigger than others and some lasting longer or shorter than others, but they all retain the same shape, and probably about the same physical properties. So what are the chances that our galaxy are the only one supporting life? I wouldnt be suprised if life on Adromeda or lyra looks just like us humans. Now that's just talking within our universe.
    If you really want to take it another step, let's talk about parallel universes and alternate dimensions...but that might get a lil off topic. :wink

12. mgrace

If I was an Alien I wouldn't bother coming to Earth.. Unless I wanted to watch Naruto..

But really if Aliens are an advanced race why on earth would they waste their time on us.. Don't tell me they need the resources earth has... thats stupidity because most people admit that the universe is huge and earth is a speck of dust therefore there must be heaps of planets with life on it....

Anyway.... thats my 2 cents

13. kireato

Life out there?
    *goes out of his house*
    *comes back*
    Yeah.

No really, for all we know, there should be good chance that other life forms have existed or will exist. After all, we exist and that potnetially is enough to say that it is possible.

As for knowing very exactly if there is life out there, right now... Well, you can't possibly verify. Our only guess is that it's possible.

14. Zaby

Yes! of course. Don't you think it's all a bit greedy thinking the WHOLE universe is just for us here on Earth.

15. SyaoranKun

i dont think the whole universe could only have one planet with life. Maybe life out there is wondering if there is life just like we are

16. ۩ReYmДN-dono۩

there must be life........out there........its so big...there must be....maybe not in our galaxy but in others...........

17. Tesh

I really hope so. Just think of all the things we could learn and the cultural exchange. This is all if they don't try to kill us, or if our leaders don't try to kill them, of course.

18. Haik

nope, no life out there, i mean intelligent life.

19. Prince Leon

There probably is life out there somewhere. Who knows for sure. It's one of those questions that passes through a person's head at times. Though I don't think about it much since we'll probably never see any proof of other forms of life (intelligent life) out there in our lifetimes.

20. peanutpeach

Yes. There are millions of other galaxies out there.. and some that could be set up like our galaxy with the 3rd planet having life on it.

21. Heldensheld

Sun is the most ordinary star there is. So out of the billions of stars and the millions of Solar Systems, there are bound to be atleast a planet with life-forms on it.

22. Praetoriani

I do, and millions of other people. It's pretty shallow to think that everybody thinks like you.

23. NinjaJedi007

Eh, I'd like to think so, but until I actually see it myself I wont believe theres life out there. You'd think that there would be, but after billions of years we havent really heard anything from anyone. Its also a bit strange to think that we're the most intelligent form of life in the universe. If there were more intelligent forms of life, you'd think they'd reach us by now.

24. kapsi

According to some theories, Sun may lie in the only small area of Galaxy capable of planet forming, so it's not that ordinary.

Majority? Like 1/9 of solar system?

25. Lorii

life out there? hmm i dunno...but if there was wouldn't they have made their presence known to us by now??

26. TheMexicanKingVII

I do beleive that there is life other then our planet. A physical form or bacteria? No matter it's life too me. What I do find some what configuring is how does this play out in my own religion of beleiving in god. Aliens aren't mentioned in the bible, why not? Hopefully one day I find out why.

27. kbb08

don't worry when will find out they exist those thinker sitting in Rome will dig out quotes from the Bible saying they exist, like they always for anything that suits them....just kidding T_T

28. Cthulhu-versailles

believe whatever you want, if you say yes you could be considered a sceptic who is desperate to find something more and if you deny you are hubristic in a sense(word so out of place...) but in a context of human vs all instead one chracters beliefs surpassing the Gods.

Anyway my opinion is you gootta be pretty arrogant to think everything is us.. take way science from the equation and look at it as though it were the 1400's were people believe that europe was the entire world... get my point. Anyway until people see something... SCientific proof--BLAH people will say humans own the universe.

..err I must rant somewhat what has science prove science is pathetic, we are still so ignorant about so much stuff and you think you know it all. All of humanitys science is pathetic how much does one person know... a whole lot less.

FUN FACT estimate of stuff discovered and explored made by scientis
    humans have explored less then a 1 % to the power of 99 of space.
    humans have exp le then 2 % of ocean
    Humans have discovered less then 1 % of species on earth... oh yeah science has is showing some real impressive numbers :clap

29. Kitsune101

Who ever said aliens are 'aliens'. "Aliens' pretty much means 'new ones' or 'unkown ones', unwelcome onces'. But when if 'aliens' is just a name for the 'animal'. Like dog, alien could be an animal just a diferent name, and since there unknown, we named them 'aliens'. Now they may not be the smartest creatures, but surely not as dumb as sheep (leader slips and goes sprawling down a cliff....baaahhh all the way down coming from herd). I dont know just saying mabye not ALL the animals where made on earth, mabye this solar system in the earth of life forms. Mabye what we call 'aliens' are indeed another group/ type/ or even class of animal, just unknown to humanity. I watch to much Sci-fi Channel >_>....<_<....>_>... >_<

30. Last of the Uchihas

Whoever says that there is no life besides us, needs a spanking.

By the way, i'm from Mars. :p