1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Is this a possible reason why Orochimaru is stronger than Itachi.

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by tajoh111, Oct 7, 2006.

1. tajoh111 Feel the wrath of the Sheepdog

Is this a possible reason why Orochimaru isn't stronger than Itachi anymore.

I am not sure this is accurate timewise, but is it possible that the reason why Orochimaru is weaker is that the body transfer technique imposes weaknesses on the new body. It seems that the body degradation of the technique itself are pretty severe in the latter stages, and might be pretty crippling from the onset of the technique. It seems stupid of Orochimaru to use the technique in the first place unless somthing happened to his body....

A possible reason why I think Orochimaru used it in the first place was I think his original body was crippled severely by his last fight with Jairiya. So prior to this point he was stronger than Itachi, but after the fight perhaps he was forced to change bodies because his old body was too damaged by the fight.

The reason I think this is because the whole body switching thing at this point seems useless because from the beginning of the techniques use, as the person get weaker and weaker (as specified from the manga). Why did Orochimaru use the technique in the first place if it would only really handicap him. It would be a lot smarter to just use it when, he is ancient and old, so he could really use the benefits.

The reason why I thought of this explanation is it would explain how Orochimaru could be considered stronger than Jairiya at one point, and why Itachi semi fears Jairiya right now(as Jairiya is just as capable as he was back than, while Oro knowing the sideeffect of his original technique knows he could be weaker than Itachi). Orochimaru is pretty strong from what we seen, but he doesn't seem much stronger or better genius wise than the rest of the sannin in techniques, from what Sarutobi thought of him, it seemed at one point he was heads and tails above all of them.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
    Tags:
  2. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

If this were true, then why does he need Sasuke?

His arms were rendered useless by Sandaime when they fought, that is the reason why he seeked out Tsunade to heal his arms. When she refused the body transfer was his second alternative to cure his current condition, even though it was'nt the desired container.

I'm sorry but can you please tell me what chapter and what page of the manga this was specified.

He was head and shoulders above the other 2 when Sarutobi was teaching them, and he was the favorite student.

EDIT: And no, Itachi>Oro, as was stated by Oro himself.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  3. chauronity ビリーバット

AS IF Oro would be stronger than Itachi.

@ loki:

Not quite. He wants the sharingan so he can gain knowledge of all the jutsus there exists.

4. Loki custom title want a loki

yah,as kakashi copyed 1000jutsus so whould Oro do.With the best genjutsu there is the Sharingan.

5. naruhina26 Shino-tsu-hiko x Shino-to-be

6. AZIZ_FROST Member

i think it is stated in the manga that oro feared itachi.....

7. naruhina26 Shino-tsu-hiko x Shino-to-be

yeah hmm makes you wonder why is he so obseesed in every uchiha

8. rinaruto Member

i don't know..i think itachi is stronger than orochimaru..maybe because orochimaru is getting older and became weaker after he fought with sarutobi..
    and i think jiraiya is stronger than orochimaru too

9. chauronity ビリーバット

Hmph.
    That has been told like million times.

His ultimate goal is to gain knowledge of all the jutsus. With sharingan you can learn a jutsu just by watching someone to perform it. Sum it and you'll know why he wants the sharingan.

10. tajoh111 Feel the wrath of the Sheepdog

I think Oro needs sasuke because he just wants a strong container and with a unique ability to compensate for limitations on using transfer bodies. What I am just saying is why did he switch bodies so early. It pretty annoying he has to switch bodies every few years, at which during the latter points he is much much weaker. The weakest being when he had switch to a body prior to the time skip.

I am saying maybe he had to switch bodies, after his fight with jairiya or something. That why he was using fake bodies before even naruto started.

I think at this point, it would have been better if Oro stayed in his original body because the body transfer technique has limitations and weaknesses. Oro original body why pretty gifted genetically it seemed and he would be worse off. This might involved real world stuff, but Oro is a genius and that involved a genious brain. The whole transfer ability although could transfer his personality and memories over from his previous body over. He wouls still have to utilize that host bodies brain, so this would impose limitation in making new memories, remembering old ones and general thought process speed. Genetics have shown to play a pretty big role with bloodlines and all so I think they still apply in Naruto.

11. Missing_Nin missing ninja

A lot of people are guessing that Itachi burnt his hands before so he had to switch bodies. Remember in his layer where there was a burnt hand w/ a ring. (the ring that he still have from being in Akatsuki)